Thread: Episode 7: "In the Shadows of Mystacor" (SPOILERS!)

Episode 7: "In the Shadows of Mystacor" (SPOILERS!)

Hi - a lot has changed since the 200x days. We couldn't binge all the episodes back then; as each episode was released, we'd discuss it... in detail! Now, you can binge all the She-Ra episodes at once; so, it's not quite the same. I'm proposing we set up a thread for each episode so we don't have to choose to stay out conversations until we've seen the whole season.

This thread is for Episode 7: "In the Shadows of Mystacor". Please only discuss what was shown in this episode and those leading up to it.

Thank you.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

So once again, Shadow Weaver has a hatred for Castaspella.

Was it just me, or does Castaspella not seem overly fond of Queen Angella? I get why, of course, but there definitely seems to be some resentment there beyond encroaching on how Glimmer is being raised.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Oh, definitely Castaspella is upset at Queen Angela for what happened to her brother.

And how about that new Shadow Weaver spin?? We got to see the classic look under her original name of Light Spinner!
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

While I thought Casta's characterisation was cool I wasn't really fond of her design. Mystacor was cool but it didn't trump the original design for me.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Heroic Warrior
    Reboot Castaspella oddly didn’t seem to take any inspiration from the Filmation or vintage toy design. That seemed like a real missed opportunity since the lightning bolt design bodice, high collar and other elements could have still worked with the long robes.

Adora and Glimmer in the hot tub was giving me major Xena and Gabrielle flashbacks!

It was cool that they mostly kept Shadow Weaver’s backstory. And it was good to see the confrontation between Shadow Weaver and Adora. And for Adora to wield her shield.

It’s bizarre that they take so much care to always show Bow’s now and arrows on his back, or on the ground beside him, yet the Sword of Protection appears extremely inconsistently. I hope that’s something that they fix. Perhaps it could be “stored” in shield mode on her back - that would presumably be pretty easy to animate.
    Last edited by Haephestus; November 16, 2018 at 08:05am.

Heroic Warrior
    So ... even before becoming Shadow Weaver, Light Spinner hid her face behind a veil. Also, Shadow Weaver has blue skin and pointy ears.
    You don't think she could be Trollan?

Quote Originally Posted by Capeträger View Post
    So ... even before becoming Shadow Weaver, Light Spinner hid her face behind a veil. Also, Shadow Weaver has blue skin and pointy ears.
    You don't think she could be Trollan?
    More likely it's a result of what she's drawing her powers from having an adverse physical reaction for her, like how original Shadow Weaver became green when she absorbed the power of that Horde crystal.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Yet the Sword of Protection appears extremely inconsistently. I hope that’s something that they fix. Perhaps it could be “stored” in shield mode on her back - that would presumably be pretty easy to animate.
    We were thinking the exact same thing. There a few times that Adora would throw her sword aside, and we would wonder if she had it. And sure enough, in the next scene she either turned into She-Ra or we could see the sword on her back. My daughter is 3 and even she was asking, "Where's her sword, papa?"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    More likely it's a result of what she's drawing her powers from having an adverse physical reaction for her, like how original Shadow Weaver became green when she absorbed the power of that Horde crystal.
    That's indeed more likely. Still, Light Spinner's veil reminds me of Dree-Elle.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    in the original series, Castaspella was one of my favourite characters as queen of an entire kingdom, kick ass sorceress and the lady Prince Adam has shown more interest in romantically than anyone else.... Now she looks like Lady GaGa and knits sweaters..... Urgh!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Yes, Castaspella has joined the list of worst redesigns for me...

The character design itself is nice but its not Castaspella.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    I liked this episode. I prefer magic and fantasy to tech and sci-fi for Etheria, so this adventure trumps the last tech-heavy one. But I guess it is cool to have 50/50 tech vs magic.

Shadow Weaver's voice and design doesn't float my boat.

Castaspella is a cool aunt. She's more regal and unique looking than the Filmation version IMHO.

Anyway, good character growth from Adora again, and another good bonding episode between the three main characters.

Really excited to see how this series ends.

UK MOTU Comics Junkie Mosquitor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehenyo View Post
    And how about that new Shadow Weaver spin?? We got to see the classic look under her original name of Light Spinner!
    Light Spinner was not her original name in the Filmation series. The episode "The Price of Power" which told her origin did not mention any name for her pre-Shadow Weaver. The name Light Spinner comes from the UK Comics and the use of that name in the new show marks the first time one of the UK Comics' ideas has been incorporated into one of the cartoons. (Although I do wonder if Entrapta's portrayal in the new show has been slightly UK comics-inspired as well...)
    http://www.motuukcomics.co.uk

The Masters of the Universe/She-Ra UK Comics Fan Site!

Who was that in the final scene?
    Interested in the following loose Classics figures: Ram Man, Griffin, Mekaneck, 200x King Hisss and figure stands (prefer Snake Mountain stands)!

Contact me per PM or my razzerian@gmail.com

Looking to pre-order Snake Mountain? Check out this thread to see where you can do so! Found a new retailer selling it, drop a line in said thread to add it to the list.

So Micah, castaspellas brother and glimmers dad, were student/ mentor, huh. Norwyn was a cool character like his reboot