Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are the toys for this show?

Widget
    I'd love to see some Polly Pocket playsets of the new series, since both are Mattel.

I think those are the 1-time order/run mentioned above.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

Posted these back in October in another thread. This is my attempt at a translation using Google for help. (Not sure if this is correct.)
    /licensing

Future toy favorites!

Expo Licensing Latam - largest latin-american brand fair -, which took place on the 28 and 29th of August in Sao Paulo, was the stage for the launch of numerous properties which will soon be in several toy lines. Check them out!

http://www.epgrupo.com.br/revista-espaco-brinquedo-93/

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    I'd love to see some Polly Pocket playsets of the new series, since both are Mattel.
    If they do the old school ones. The new ones are TERRIBLE. My daughter has a good chunk of the line and almost weekly we lose a little Polly or friend. They made them rubbery and the limbs easily tear off :/
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Those are only a convention/special release set by Super7. Mattel is making a true figure line for the new show.....probably will not see it until summer of 2019 knowing how slow they are.
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer_luvr View Post
    Those are only a convention/special release set by Super7. Mattel is making a true figure line for the new show.....probably will not see it until summer of 2019 knowing how slow they are.

And they are based on the new show right?

I hoppppe with rooted hair and fabric

I still need to get the Classic POP figures for Mermista, Flutterina, Entrapta, and Spinnerella, I have all the rest.

I have a few of the MOTU Classic POP figures, but I need to get the rest, and I would love to get New She-Ra/Princesses figures.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I still need to get the Classic POP figures for Mermista, Flutterina, Entrapta, and Spinnerella, I have all the rest.

I have a few of the MOTU Classic POP figures, but I need to get the rest, and I would love to get New She-Ra/Princesses figures.
    I wish you more luck than I have ever had in the hunt to acquire a vintage Spinnerella lol. I have been searching for years and years to no avail. She is the only one I am missing besides Bubble Power She-Ra and Shower Power Catra.
    Last edited by depp76; November 19, 2018 at 08:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    I wish you more luck than I have ever had in the hunt to acquire a vintage Spinnerella lol. I have been searching for years and years to no avail. She is the only one I am missing besides Bubble Power She-Ra.
    I guess I could substitute a MOTU Classics Spinnerella for a vintage one in the meantime.

I would also like to get a MOTU Classics box set of The Star Sisters & Glory Bird.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

If you want to see toys, start bugging mattel on ALL social media platforms.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I honestly would think Funko Pops would be a lucrative toy venture for the series, since a few of the biggie Netflix cartoons, like Voltron and Trollhunters, have them. The Pops themselves have been a lot stronger since the earlier runs, and considering there were only two She-Ra-related Pops in the MotU line so far, it could make for a fun refresher.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    If you want to see toys, start bugging mattel on ALL social media platforms.
    I thought Mattel already said at ... was it SDCC? ... that they were working on products for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power?

If they haven't started already, then I fear that Mattel will be in the same situation as Playmates with Voltron - the toys are released way too late to capitalise on the initial wave of nostalgia and interest associated with the first seasons of the rebooted cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    I thought Mattel already said at ... was it SDCC? ... that they were working on products for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power?

If they haven't started already, then I fear that Mattel will be in the same situation as Playmates with Voltron - the toys are released way too late to capitalise on the initial wave of nostalgia and interest associated with the first seasons of the rebooted cartoon.
    Exactly, and to me it really doesn't make any good business sense. I mean, the original She-Ra show from the 80s was created solely to advertise the toys, as were many of the 80s animated shows back then. But why would Mattel allow Dreamworks to create a show of their IP if they didn't want to use it to sell toys? Mattel had Monster HIgh, Superhero Girls, Barbie movies, etc., and more shows to sell their girl toys, but why not She-Ra? Many of us fans argue the about particular design choices of the new She-Ra show, but I think we all agree how amazing the characters and premise are no matter the designs, so why is Mattel holding back? My daughters are 15 and 17 years old, so they are too old now, but if this show came out 10 years ago they would have been all over it and would want figures/dolls, role-play items, the castle, etc.
    I really do not understand it.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Its worth noting that the Netflix Voltron show didn't have toys for its first season either - they showed later after the show proved to be a success. I think a lot of toy companies are a little gun shy to go all in on a Netflix cartoon until its proven itself as popular - and based on the sheer amount of social media talk this show is getting from outside the MOTU fanbase I'd say its definitely a hit. I suspect the shelves will absolutely have some strong Princess of Power presence in around Summer 2019 (and probably product for both the new cartoon and things more stylistically like the classic stuff too).

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Its worth noting that the Netflix Voltron show didn't have toys for its first season either - they showed later after the show proved to be a success. I think a lot of toy companies are a little gun shy to go all in on a Netflix cartoon until its proven itself as popular - and based on the sheer amount of social media talk this show is getting from outside the MOTU fanbase I'd say its definitely a hit. I suspect the shelves will absolutely have some strong Princess of Power presence in around Summer 2019 (and probably product for both the new cartoon and things more stylistically like the classic stuff too).
    Are the Voltron toys good sellers, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Are the Voltron toys good sellers, though?
    Good enough to maintain shelf space at both Walmart and Target for the last two years. So I'd say that's a pretty strong sign they are selling ok. Especially when you consider how competitive shelf space is in those big box stores, and how quick they are to give a line the boot if it isn't moving enough product.

Heroic Warrior
    What is voltron?

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Good enough to maintain shelf space at both Walmart and Target for the last two years. So I'd say that's a pretty strong sign they are selling ok. Especially when you consider how competitive shelf space is in those big box stores, and how quick they are to give a line the boot if it isn't moving enough product.
    Sales aren't as good as you think because Playmates suddenly cancelled much of the output that they were scheduled to release this calendar year (2018), which included figures for the characters of Pidge, Hunk, and Allura and two 16-inch combinable Voltrons, one for the 1984 series and one for Legendary Defender.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    Sales aren't as good as you think because Playmates suddenly cancelled much of the output that they were scheduled to release this calendar year (2018), which included figures for the characters of Pidge, Hunk, and Allura and two 16-inch combinable Voltrons, one for the 1984 series and one for Legendary Defender.
    And that's where companies are shooting themselves in the foot at the moment. Because unless collectors have a commitment they will at least get all the major players, they see no need to go all in on a wave 1 of figures when waves 2,3 and absolutely 4 don't seem like they may happen.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Did they make figures for the new line that fit inside of the lions? That is what my son is looking for. He loves his Voltron, but says he would play with it more if they had figures to fit inside the lions. I am not sure that they think of replay value when they make some of these toys. Once you get past the initial 'ooohs and ahhhhs' of building Voltron what do you do? There are no figures to play with.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Did they make figures for the new line that fit inside of the lions?
    No, sadly.

I'm wondering if part of the reason for the delay is to have the She-Ra audience/fanbase build for awhile to create even more demand. Even though it's not the exact same thing, this "waiting game" reminds me a bit of the early days of digital when the major record labels wouldn't release artists singles to iTunes etc. right away -- instead they would send singles for adds on radio and wait for the spins and audience impressions to build for a long time, so as to increase the chances of said songs powering into the Top 10 upon release. Only in our particular situation, maybe the wait is intended to get people to start "bugging" retailers for She-Ra and the Princesses of Power toys, thus potentially getting them to put in higher orders?

Really I can see an argument for waiting AND trying to capitalize on the current hype.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
    No, sadly.
    Boo! I didn't think so. Since TRU closed our toy buying has slowed significantly. Their prices sucked (unless you were careful), but their selection was a lot better than most of the box stores. Target just does not restock toys as much, so we are kind of bored at this point with their offerings.

For sure the series will gets toys ,Mattel is involved, besides it is also clear a lot of people outside of the Motu fandom are very interested on it,
    the new fans (OMG there are new fans lol)
    Anyway luckily this new series won't depend of toy sales.

Heroic Warrior
    They are just slow and silly now.
    But we don't have to loose faith