Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Should Play Adora/She-Ra - And Other Characters - In A New POP Live Action Movie

Who Should Play Adora/She-Ra - And Other Characters - In A New POP Live Action Movie

Hey Guys

Who do you think should play Force Captain Adora/She-Ra if we are ever lucky enough to get a live action She-Ra And The Princesses Of Power movie? I vote for beautiful and talented Melissa Benoist from Supergirl.

Melissa Benoist.png

Paul Wesley from Fallen and Beneath The Blue would be awesome as Bow or Sea Hawk.

Paul Wesley.jpg

Nafessa Williams from Black Lightning would be ideal as Netossa.

Nafessa Williams.jpg

Katie McGrath from A Princess For Christmas and Supergirl would be stunning as Catra.

Katie.jpg

I'll probably have more ideas later, feel free to post your own.

Cheers, Mikey
    Last edited by Mikey; November 20, 2018 at 07:35am.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Catra shpuld be this lesbian Twilight Girl

Kristen Stewart??

Charlotte Flair would be a perfect She-Ra, if she could act.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Back in the day I thought Jennifer Garner would make a perfect She-Ra. Not a huge fan of Melissa Benoist. Nothing against her, she just doesn't look like She-Ra to me. She does make a good Super Girl though (if they had better writing).
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    The filmbation shadow weaver: i always imagined uma thurman

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    Back in the day I thought Jennifer Garner would make a perfect She-Ra. Not a huge fan of Melissa Benoist. Nothing against her, she just doesn't look like She-Ra to me. She does make a good Super Girl though (if they had better writing).
    I love Melissa Benoist as an actress, singer, and dancer. She could easily portray She-Ra. Supergirl is one of the best shows around. I can't wait until Season 4 next year.

Hudson Leick, also known as Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess would also be an awesome She-Ra.

Callisto.jpg

As for Shadow Weaver, Claire Stansfield who played Alti in Xena would be ideal.

Claire.jpg
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hudson Leick, also known as Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess would also be an awesome She-Ra.
    Now she looks a lot more like She-Ra to me.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Now she looks a lot more like She-Ra to me.
    I've always felt Hudson Leick would make the ideal She-Ra as well.

calli_seeds.jpg

The emblem/print on her dress is almost She-Ra like.

The emblem/print on her dress is almost She-Ra like.
    Here is Hudson Leick in her shimmery ethereal glow, just as if she had just transformed into She-Ra.

Callisto-Xena-Hudson-Leick-h11.jpg

Very pretty! That show was on ages ago though, how old is she now?

Heroic Warrior
    I only can see filmation versions of the charcters.
    Dont know the new starlets so well

Uma thurman as shadow weaver

Diane keaton as Madame razz

Very pretty! That show was on ages ago though, how old is she now?
    It's true Hudson is 49, but through pure living, mental and spiritual well-being, and yoga, she maintains her beauty well.

http://www.hudsonleick.com/about/

Heroic Warrior
    Never heard of her

Goldi hawns daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Never heard of her

Goldi hawns daughter?
    Hudson Leick played Callisto, the archenemy of Xena (Lucy Lawless) in Xena: Warrior Princess.

Heroic Warrior
    Ahh thanks mikey

Hollywood is obsessed with youth, so I doubt they would cast someone older for She-Ra. She is still very beautiful though. Man, I need to take up yoga again. I threw my back out so bad this morning that I am couch bound for the day :/ Not even Motrin is touching it.

Heroic Warrior
    Lol

Hope you feel better soon.
    Have a bath

Hollywood is obsessed with youth, so I doubt they would cast someone older for She-Ra. She is still very beautiful though. Man, I need to take up yoga again. I threw my back out so bad this morning that I am couch bound for the day :/ Not even Motrin is touching it.
    Belinda Carlisle released an album of yoga music entitled Wilder Shores last year, Charlotte Caffey - her bandmate from The Go-Go's and violinist Petra Haden also appear on the album.

Wilder_Shores.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
    Lol

Hope you feel better soon.
    Have a bath
    I tried a hot shower, but it only helped temporarily. Going to see my chiro tomorrow, but I think it may be a pinched nerve. Getting old sucks (I turned 40 on Wednesday) - LOL!

I tried a hot shower, but it only helped temporarily. Going to see my chiro tomorrow, but I think it may be a pinched nerve. Getting old sucks (I turned 40 on Wednesday) - LOL!
    I sympathise with you, having a bad back myself along with fibromyalgia and arthritis, it's often hard for me to get out and about. Thankfully I work from home as a freelance editor and writer and can rest when I need to. Hot water and painkillers can only do so much unfortunately. The concert I'm going to in February (Belinda Carlisle and 1927) is a standing room only venue, but my clever sister arranged it so we can be seated (she has similar illnesses to me). Still, I would have put up with any amount of pain just to see Belinda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I sympathise with you, having a bad back myself along with fibromyalgia and arthritis, it's often hard for me to get out and about. Thankfully I work from home as a freelance editor and writer and can rest when I need to. Hot water and painkillers can only do so much unfortunately. The concert I'm going to in February (Belinda Carlisle and 1927) is a standing room only venue, but my clever sister arranged it so we can be seated (she has similar illnesses to me). Still, I would have put up with any amount of pain just to see Belinda.
    Awww, well I hope you have an amazing time!

Awww, well I hope you have an amazing time!
    Thanks IceyCat. The concert and seeing the Aquaman movie are my highlights for the next few months.

I don't think a lot of people in Hollywood think that POP live action movie is a profitable idea, especially considering it'd require a big budget for CGI. Not to mention the market is oversaturated with superhero movies.
    As for the stars for this movie, they would have to be somebody popular with its target audience. But what kind of audience is that? Should this movie be based on the reboot? If so, most of the actors would have to be pretty young.
    I'd cast Sasha Pieterse as Glimmer, Evan Rachel Wood as Shadow Weaver. That's as far as I can think of :-)
    Last edited by Chris85; November 21, 2018 at 02:00am.

I also always thought Adrienne Wilkinson (Livia/Eve from Xena: Warrior Princess) would make an ideal Catra.

Eve.jpg