Thread: Lost Princess Catra

Lost Princess Catra

Hey everyone, I was perusing the YouTubes when I came across this vid,

Potential SPOILERS if you haven't finished the season.

and I had a thought - if Adora is a stolen princess, and Catra is potentially a stolen princess too - then perhaps this is the Horde's modus operandi; perhaps they steal the heirs of their enemies and indoctrinate them to their cause thus assuring their reign over conquered territories.

I feel like this is something that could be explored in future seasons, it would be pretty cool if Catra turned out to be a princess aswell - would certainly be interesting for her arc...

What do you guys think?
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Hey everyone, I was perusing the YouTubes when I came across this vid,

Potential SPOILERS if you haven't finished the season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRaccddimQY

and I had a thought - if Adora is a stolen princess, and Catra is potentially a stolen princess too - then perhaps this is the Horde's modus operandi; perhaps they steal the heirs of their enemies and indoctrinate them to their cause thus assuring their reign over conquered territories.

I feel like this is something that could be explored in future seasons, it would be pretty cool if Catra turned out to be a princess aswell - would certainly be interesting for her arc...

What do you guys think?
    That's an awesome theory and idea, Cheshire Moon! Perhaps Catra could also be one of the Magicats, especially if they were to be introduced in Season 2. She could perhaps try and enlist/force them to join her crusade against Adora and her new friends.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    That's an awesome theory and idea, Cheshire Moon! Perhaps Catra could also be one of the Magicats, especially if they were to be introduced in Season 2. She could perhaps try and enlist/force them to join her crusade against Adora and her new friends.
    Exactly, They also haven't commented on Catra's mask at all - perhaps it's connected to a Runestone too? Perhaps Catra being a princess will unlock her transformation powers...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Exactly, They also haven't commented on Catra's mask at all - perhaps it's connected to a Runestone too? Perhaps Catra being a princess will unlock her transformation powers...
    I would also love to see Catra use her Freeze Fire powers and transform into a panther. The mask would make an awesome story idea for our favourite feline felon.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I love this idea! I, too, am DYING to see if that mask has powers.
    If it's not Catra, the idea of Catra having a princess counterpart is intriguing! Since the show has made reference to other backstories that were part of original POP lore, I am going to *hope* that the magicats make it into a future episode in season 2 or beyond!

Heroic Warrior
    I found the show to be interesting, but not great.
    However, "Light Hope" was one of the most interesting episodes of season 1. The idea of kingdoms being connected to runestones and the rulers having that connection was just interesting to me! And there are 12 runestones, 12 princesses. I haven't seen the original She-Ra show (except for a few episodes here and there), but I know from MOTUC that Catra is a princess in her home world in whatever dimension she's from. So I am really curious to know and see how they will develop her character and whether or not she will be revealed to be a princess, on Etheria.
    Factions Completed: Heroic Warriors/Evil Warriors/Evil Horde/Snake Men

However, still hoping for more Horde (Horde Mummy, Gore-Tusk, etc.)
    and Snake Men (Lady Slither, Fang-Or, etc.)