Thread: Unproduced Gyrattacker Vehicle & Generic Evil Robot Character

Unproduced Gyrattacker Vehicle & Generic Evil Robot Character

Hey Guys

I was wondering why these interesting concept toys were never produced. The Gyrattacker appears to be a Heroic Warrior vehicle that is really two vehicles in one, the main vehicle, and what looks like a little sidecar that pops out of the front. There is also a rather generic looking Evil Robot that sprays water.

www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/Gyrattacker.htm

gyrattacker.jpg

www.grayskullmuseum.com/conception/evilrobot.htm

evilrobot.jpg

Also, I really do love it here at He-Man.Org with my online friends/family, but I also love The Grayskull Museum website which is where I found these prototypes under the MOTU section, then under the Toys Conception section, and finally in the Prototype section.

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Love both but what is evil robot?

A Charakter like roboto and multibot or just an vehicle???

Heroic Warrior
    I壇 guess that the Evil Robot was in design stages awhile earlier and inspired the Monstroids from the 1985 He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special (who worked for Hordak later in She-Ra episodes) and was part of a general attempt to compete with Transformers.

A lot of the 85-87 stuff appeared on POP in different forms, like Rio Blast from MOTU being Horde Colonel Blast in POP.

http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Monstroids

These threads below have a little more information on these unproduced toys.

Gyrattacker:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...er-Proof-Sheet

Evil Robot:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ght=Evil+Robot

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I’d guess that the Evil Robot was in design stages awhile earlier and inspired the Monstroids from the 1985 He-Man/She-Ra Christmas Special (who worked for Hordak later in She-Ra episodes) and was part of a general attempt to compete with Transformers.

A lot of the 85-87 stuff appeared on POP in different forms, like Rio Blast from MOTU being Horde Colonel Blast in POP.

http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Monstroids

Evil Robot

Just when you thought Skeletor and his henchmen couldn't get anymore horrible, this evil robot stalks on the scene. Weilding his laser-burst gun, he acts as mecha-muscle to back up Skeletor on his wicked crusades! Crank his right arm - he shoots water from the gun in his left hand. His body holds enough water for extended attacks. Bendable legs for action poses! Watch out! The latest revolting recruit to the Evil Warriors is on the loose!

I dig that Gyrattacker vehicle. Shame it was never released.

You think that evil Robot is a character or a vehicle?

- - - Updated - - -

Love this

- - - Updated - - -

There was something else called:
    Entwiner

Heroic Warrior
    I have no particular knowledge on the subject, but if I had to guess why Gyrattacker wasn't produced... i'd certainly go 'cost'. Just looking at that picture, that's a HUGE chunk of plastic there. At least Blasterhawk huge maybe longer....

I'd hate to see what that would have cost. Though to be honest all the prices of old stuff seems pretty small compared to now days :P

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I have no particular knowledge on the subject, but if I had to guess why Gyrattacker wasn't produced... i'd certainly go 'cost'. Just looking at that picture, that's a HUGE chunk of plastic there. At least Blasterhawk huge maybe longer....
    As I understood it is because Mattel could not operate the propulsion mechanism of the small vehicle properly.

Quote Originally Posted by TOKYONEVER View Post
    As I understood it is because Mattel could not operate the propulsion mechanism of the small vehicle properly.
    That's a good guess. The Gyrattacker was supposed to also be able to launch Rotar or Twistoid. I wonder how far (and how fast!) one would have had to have pushed the main vehicle to revv those guys up to proper unaided spinning speed..?
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Digging out this old thread... does anybody know what the Gyrattacker's "slogan" was supposed to be? As far as I know, nobody ever showed larger images* of the box online to actually get a decent look at the texts and images.

*Which I understand in terms of owners being afraid that repros could be done from scans. But at the same time, holding back such interesting stuff from public knowledge is such a shame.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Digging out this old thread... does anybody know what the Gyrattacker's "slogan" was supposed to be? As far as I know, nobody ever showed larger images* of the box online to actually get a decent look at the texts and images.

*Which I understand in terms of owners being afraid that repros could be done from scans. But at the same time, holding back such interesting stuff from public knowledge is such a shame.

*squints at the small image*

Attack-?????? Launcher

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Thank you, Jukka! Now if only we had someone who could reveal the entire subtitle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Thank you, Jukka! Now if only we had someone who could reveal the entire subtitle.
    In the Mattel 1987 catalogue the Gyrattacker is mentioned as Attack Module Launcher!

Imagine if Origins finally released this thing...

The Release crap like Sunman instead

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    In the Mattel 1987 catalogue the Gyrattacker is mentioned as Attack Module Launcher!
    Awesome! Thank you very much.

He-Man historian
    Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Thank you!

Another MOTU mystery solved (atleast to some degree).
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Also, I really do love it here at He-Man.Org with my online friends/family, but I also love The Grayskull Museum website which is where I found these prototypes under the MOTU section, then under the Toys Conception section, and finally in the Prototype section.
    I was excited to check it out, but the Grayskull Museum links you posted don’t work for me. I get 403 Forbidden errors.

It’s a big ask, but I’d love Masterverse scale vehicles. For now, I’ve got mine using some Origins ones that kinda work.
    Last edited by bricksomething; June 15, 2022 at 11:26am. Reason: Typos / clarity
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    ```` ```` ```` ````
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Check out my MOTU+ Toy Shelf on IG @incarbonite !!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I own my power. Every part of it.
    My strength... My hope... Even my fear.
    And you can't have any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bricksomething View Post
    I was excited to check it out, but the Grayskull Museum links you posted don稚 work for me. I get 403 Forbidden errors.

It痴 a big ask, but I壇 love Masterverse scale vehicles. For now, I致e got mine using some Origins ones that kinda work.
    Those links are four years old which is probably why they don't work anymore.

Yup.

Ha. Yeahgood point. I知 new around here, so I知 just catching up on the conversations. I知 apparently not paying attention to dates. I was just excited to check out other MOTU resources for concepts, unproduced toys, etc.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    ```` ```` ```` ````
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Check out my MOTU+ Toy Shelf on IG @incarbonite !!!
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

I own my power. Every part of it.
    My strength... My hope... Even my fear.
    And you can't have any of it.