Thread: My Pirate Chief

My Pirate Chief

Hey Guys

I'm no real artist by any means, and I can't take all the credit for this art, it was done on one of those "make an online paper doll" type websites where someone else made all the pieces. I just chose all the various pieces and assembled them into what I call a Heroic Pirate (kind of like POP's Sea Hawk) and I thought I would share him with you.

Prince-Maker-DollDivine.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

What's that hanging next to the Pirate Chief's right hand, Mikey?
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Art is as much about techniques and style as it is about composition or "re-arranging the pieces", so even if you've only made something from pre-made pieces, it is still a piece of art, and a good one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Hey Guys

I'm no real artist by any means, and I can't take all the credit for this art, it was done on one of those "make an online paper doll" type websites where someone else made all the pieces. I just chose all the various pieces and assembled them into what I call a Heroic Pirate (kind of like POP's Sea Hawk) and I thought I would share him with you.

Prince-Maker-DollDivine.jpg

Cheers, Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvart View Post
    Art is as much about techniques and style as it is about composition or "re-arranging the pieces", so even if you've only made something from pre-made pieces, it is still a piece of art, and a good one too!
    Thank you so much Iluvart, coming from such a talented artist as you, this is a true honour.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Thank you so much Iluvart, coming from such a talented artist as you, this is a true honour.
    Thanks Mikey. To be honest I need to practise like another 700 hours at least to "unlock" the next level, because at this stage I only have some basic perspective and drawing skills. Every painting I attempt is a struggle. It's like I have to fight my paintings all the way until I get something that looks half decent, or I get too tired and give up.

If there's one thing I've learnt so far is that the ability to draw and paint is more practice/skill than raw talent, I am just too lazy most of the time to put in any real practice, hahah.

Thanks Mikey. To be honest I need to practise like another 700 hours at least to "unlock" the next level, because at this stage I only have some basic perspective and drawing skills. Every painting I attempt is a struggle. It's like I have to fight my paintings all the way until I get something that looks half decent, or I get too tired and give up.

If there's one thing I've learnt so far is that the ability to draw and paint is more practice/skill than raw talent, I am just too lazy most of the time to put in any real practice, hahah.
    I know I don't comment a lot in the fan creations forums, I do think a lot of people here are very talented, yourself included of course. I guess I've been busy with the New She-Ra series and arguing with well, let's just say, people who think differently than I do about certain topics and are often pretty rude about it. I'm a peaceful person really, and would rather post about things I love and be as positive as I can, and I do enjoy looking at a lot of the different media and creations in the fan art/writing/everything else forums.

As for raw talent versus practice, well, you make it look so easy. I can't really draw very well myself, but I can colour (I have a good eye for colours) and writing is more my forte.

Cheers, Mikey

I know I don't comment a lot in the fan creations forums, I do think a lot of people here are very talented, yourself included of course. I guess I've been busy with the New She-Ra series and arguing with well, let's just say, people who think differently than I do about certain topics and are often pretty rude about it. I'm a peaceful person really, and would rather post about things I love and be as positive as I can, and I do enjoy looking at a lot of the different media and creations in the fan art/writing/everything else forums.
    Just remember that you have value as a human being, and nothing can take that away.

As for raw talent versus practice, well, you make it look so easy. I can't really draw very well myself, but I can colour (I have a good eye for colours) and writing is more my forte.
    Cheers, Mikey
    See, you are good at something! And I have a suspicion that your writing ability is better than my drawing ability. Feel free to post / share any of your writings / fan fics.

Just remember that you have value as a human being, and nothing can take that away.

See, you are good at something! And I have a suspicion that your writing ability is better than my drawing ability. Feel free to post / share any of your writings / fan fics.
    Thanks for your kindness and friendship, Iluvart, it's heartwarming. I've posted one fan-fiction based on Charmed, and it's had some views but no actual commentary yet.