Thread: references to Eternia / He man and the greater mythos

Widget

references to Eternia / He man and the greater mythos

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but thought it would be cool to talk about all the nods to the greater masters universe in the new show!

Most obvious to me was the flashback to Adora as a baby, seeing the portal through which she was kidnapped, and also the twin moons above Eternia. I even googled this to make sure, one of those often used background shots in the original Masters show, of very similar twin moons.

The attention to canon and references to Masters of the universe were welcome.

Any other notable nods?

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    They mention "Eternia" by name in first episode. And its written in First One's language.

Then you could fathom that when Adora wears the pink tunic on her, that its a nod to Prince Adam.

adora_in-pink.jpg
    Last edited by Jukka; November 25, 2018 at 02:15pm.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

I would love to see an episode of New She-Ra that featured Evil-Lyn making the journey over to Etheria from Eternia and stirring up mystical trouble for both the Rebels and the Horde.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Widget
    Maybe not He-Man, but I like how they kept the Light Spinner origin, and made Catra the main villain since that's what she was in the original She-Ra toyline.

It's interesting that she is but one of a line of She-Ras... so is there also a line of He-Men?

There's a picture on the wall of a purple cat in the "system failure"ep ,obvious reference to Panthor.

Dibujo.JPG

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rodriguez View Post
    Maybe not He-Man, but I like how they kept the Light Spinner origin
    That was a great nod to the MOTU UK Comics where we learned her name.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    They're in the dimension of Despondos from 200X MOTU, and it seems the Horde got banished there like in 200X MOTU, presumably from Eternia.

Presumably part of Adora's mission to restore balance is to return Etheria to Eternia's universe so we can see her reunite with her family and face the threat of Skeletor and any Horde members that got left behind on Eternia?
    Maybe that's where Modulok, Mantenna, Leech, Dragstor, Mosquitor etc. are?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    They're in the dimension of Despondos from 200X MOTU, and it seems the Horde got banished there like in 200X MOTU, presumably from Eternia.

Presumably part of Adora's mission to restore balance is to return Etheria to Eternia's universe so we can see her reunite with her family and face the threat of Skeletor and any Horde members that got left behind on Eternia?
    Maybe that's where Modulok, Mantenna, Leech, Dragstor, Mosquitor etc. are?
    Or maybe they are in Horde World. The invading Horde on Eternia and the invading Horde on Etheria were just branches of the greater Galactic Horde Empire (which has also reached the Tri-Solar system in the postmodern canon).

OTOH, yes, I think an important story arc should be for She-Ra to revert MaRa's mistake and return the Etherian system (*) to the "normal" non-dark dimension (not sure if this dimension has been named). And once the planet has come out of Despondos and returned to its former place in the universe, not only would Adora be able to reconnect with her Eternian origins, the Etherian chapter of the Horde would also possibly seek to reconnect with their home world in order to get reinforcement troops and weapons/equipment/technology, or maybe their home world would detect their return to the normal universe while Hordak would rather prefer not having to submit to Horde Prime's authority (and this could be an interesting subplot).

(*) Note that it can't be just the planet of Etheria and its moons that were cast there, but its whole planetary system, because otherwise Etheria would have become what is known as a rogue planet and, without a sun to give it daylight, it would have been cast into literally total permanent darkness.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rodriguez View Post
    It's interesting that she is but one of a line of She-Ras... so is there also a line of He-Men?
    I'd say that's a good probablity. Presumably there was never a break in the line like there was with Mara (I'm assuming that's a reference to New Adventures) so maybe that would be a way to also eliminate the need for Adam to have a secret identity as well. Like what if the title of He-Man is passed down the royal line and King Randor was also a He-Man. I was initially skeptical of Adora not having a secret identity but now I like it. People sort of treat her like she's a different character which is a neat take. Would be fun to see how that played out on Eternia. (Maybe Adam doesn't want the title, etc etc)