Thread: MotU live action film with a WWE tie in?

MotU live action film with a WWE tie in?

Being the WWE fan that I am and the MotU characters all being ripped and physical specimens, it seems to me that a tie in with WWE would be natural. WWE does it quite often. In fact, they could have a couple WWE superstars fill rolls of supporting characters. You could even have whoever plays He-Man at a WWE PPV event tagging with John Cena in a match. Tell me that wouldn't be bad ass.

Now lets have some fun. If all MotU characters were WWE superstars, match who you think in the WWE would be in MotU. GO!

MOTU film to tie-in with the WWE? I guess that's impossible.
    Try to reach inside of me, try to drain my energy
    Let me show you just what I'm made of
    Simple curiosity trying to take a bite of me
    Let me show you just what I'm made of now...

Nothing is impossible! Considering that there's been a WWE crossover with both the Flintstones and Scooby freakin' Doo.

That said, just because anything is possible doesn't mean it's a good idea. Scooby has a natural silliness to his world that allows for anything to be taken in stride. Eternia has firmer rules, even though it's probably even zanier in some ways. If John Cena showed up and started fighting Trap Jaw, I wouldn't be able to take it seriously. The joy of Scooby-Doo is, it never has to be serious.

Maybe if the guy who played He-Man in the Money Supermarket commercials showed up on WWE in character, we could do it backwards? I feel like WWE is closer to Scooby-Doo in that "anything goes" way.

Heroic Warrior
    I was just about to create a new thread about wrestling and MOTU, so I might as well post here instead. In the new Netflix documentary, it was said that concepts for what became 1990 New Adventures were military, space, and WRESTLING. That was the first I heard that Mattel was thinking about a He-Man wrestling league. Does anyone have any info about the pitch? Would MOTU become an intergalactic wrestling league like M.U.S.C.L.E.? I take it all new characters besides He-Man and Skeletor instead of converting the entire Vintage line? EIther way, I probably would have given it a chance, somethiing I did not do with NA at the time.

Do you think it would be changed to being an Earth-based real league and Skeletor would be changed to wearing a skull mask and tights? No more magic or weapons? Or would "anything go" like Kinnikuman (M.U.S.C.L.E.) and it would be a challenge to see who would be "Master of the Universe" in an Enternian wrestling ring? Imagine what the cartoon would be like. I assume they would need outside of the ring storylines to build up the main events. I have a feeling Skeletor would try and stack the odds in his favor and cheat all the time.

Let me clarify my original thought. I'm not talking about a "crossover" where WWE characters are in MotU; I'm talking about a marketing "tie-in." WWE does this all the time. Have one or two of their wrestlers play MotU characters in the movie. This puts the WWE logo in the opening credits and promotes their brand. Then you have the main actor, who portrays He-Man on a WWE show to promote the film on WWE's platform. They did this with "Arrow" by having Steven Amell on and ultimately in a tag team match on a WWE PPV. It's that simple. They have celebrities on all the time and get their wrestlers in movies very frequently, whether it's Hugh Jackman to on Raw to promote "Real Steal" or getting Sheamus in a TMNT movie.

As long as The Miz is involved, I'm happy. I loved The Miz in the Scooby Doo/WWE crossovers. He was so adorkable (in a complimentary way of course).
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Heroic Warrior
    Sure, but this could be the catch-all MOTU/wrestling thread. :-)

Options

Triple H = He-Man

Dolph Ziggler = New Adventures He-Man

Seth Rollins = Keldor

Becky Lynch = Teela

Brock Lesnar = Ram Man

Kevin Owens = Beast Man

Paige = Evil Lynn

Titus O'Neil + The Miz = Two-Bad

No. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Yin Chan Vo View Post
    Sure, but this could be the catch-all MOTU/wrestling thread. :-)

Options

Triple H = He-Man

Dolph Ziggler = New Adventures He-Man

Seth Rollins = Keldor

Becky Lynch = Teela

Brock Lesnar = Ram Man

Kevin Owens = Beast Man

Paige = Evil Lynn

Titus O'Neil + The Miz = Two-Bad
    Nice line up. You're getting into this. I like the Titus O'Neil/Miz combo for Two-Bad; I would've never thought of that. Triple H has the closest physical build to He-Man but I might put John Cena as He-Man seeing the character personalities are so close, good guy, face of the franchise and all. I'd put Triple H in consideration for Randor and Stephanie McMahon as Marlena. Would you put Set Rollins as Keldor and Skeletor?

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    No. Never.
    I agree ☝️ ☝️☝️

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
    Nice line up. You're getting into this. I like the Titus O'Neil/Miz combo for Two-Bad; I would've never thought of that. Triple H has the closest physical build to He-Man but I might put John Cena as He-Man seeing the character personalities are so close, good guy, face of the franchise and all. I'd put Triple H in consideration for Randor and Stephanie McMahon as Marlena. Would you put Set Rollins as Keldor and Skeletor?
    Skeletor I am thinking would probably be a CGI skull and bigger body, so...

Batista = Skeletor

Yeah, Cena would prolly be booked to be the star. Oh, The Rock would prolly fit He-Man's personality as being the "perfect, inspirational, moral, musclebound hero".

Big E = Clamp Champ

Rusev = Jitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    I agree ☝️ ☝️☝️
    Agree, agree.
    If they do a live action, I would prefer an 'unknown' so it dosen't "taint" the movie.

Heroic Warrior
    I suppose if the goal is to make it worse than the Dolph Lundgren movie, than sure!

Personally I LOVE the 1987 MOTU movie, especially with Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn.

evil-lyn02.jpg

The Miz would be good as Stratos.

Miz.jpg
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

If Masters of the Universe was a brand that kept on rebooting every few years or so, I could have seen a Scooby-Doo/WWE type straight to DVD standalone cartoon movie cross-over, but that is about it as far as a major tie-in. Scooby-Doo and MOTU might be a cross-over I could see in that type of scenario as well.

I could see a WWE wrestler or two in a supporting role like Sheamus in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but I would not want WWE to be a major partner like say some of the Rock's earlier films or the low budget stuff they mainly do now. I think having their name in the credits as a producer or what not would hurt more than help. I could see the Miz or John Cena is a supporting role. I think The Rock is too big of a name to be anything else but He-Man and I don't really like him for that role. They are going to have a high special effects budget and can't really afford to pay any one actor $20 million plus for something that is not a guaranteed blockbuster.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If Masters of the Universe was a brand that kept on rebooting every few years or so, I could have seen a Scooby-Doo/WWE type straight to DVD standalone cartoon movie cross-over, but that is about it as far as a major tie-in. Scooby-Doo and MOTU might be a cross-over I could see in that type of scenario as well.
    I love the Scooby Doo/WWE crossovers, I love Miz in those movies, especially the Curse Of The Speed Demon racing one (the only thing I objected to in these were the annoying and idiotic nicknames given to Shaggy and Scooby and repeatedly endlessly). My sister and I collect all the Scooby movies, except for the rock and roll ones with KISS (we are not fans of that band).

I think a Scooby/MOTU crossover would be awesome, Fred is my favourite SD character, and would most likely have a crush on Teela, making Daphne jealous. The SD/Batman: Brave And The Bold crossover was great too, Aquaman was hilarious in that one. The Gourmet Ghost, featuring celebrity chefs like Giada De Laurentiis was good too. Shaggy's Showdown was funny, especially with Velma's obsession with fonts, and Max Charles as Buddy G singing the incredibly catchy Live Life Like A Cowboy song.

I reiterate, this is not to suggest a "cross-over" but a marketing "tie-in." One or two WWE superstars in supporting roles. Not guys like anyone that would cost too much to cast or suck all the oxygen out of the room like Rock or Cena; take a couple second tier performers. Then have the star of the MotU film, who portrays He-Man, on a WWE show to promote the motion picture. I think it's a perfect marketing marriage. Any "cross-over" would only work as a stand alone animated feature and not part of the MotU canon.

Matching wrestlers with MotU characters as if the WWE Universe and MotU were the same is, again, just for fun.