Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Will Kyle & Co join the rebellion, and be replaced by Leech, Mantenna etc.

  1. #1
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,240

    Will Kyle & Co join the rebellion, and be replaced by Leech, Mantenna etc.

    I think it'd be cool, since Kyle's almost headed that way anyway. Maybe if they lose the Cadets, Hordak will recall Modulok, Mantenna, Leech, Dragstor, Mosquitor etc from whatever Etherian kingdoms they may be currently dominating and pit his best generals against Adora?


    That's assuming that Modulok, Mantenna, Leech, Dragstor, Mosquitor etc. weren't stranded on Eternia when the Horde was banished to Despondos.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  2. #2
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,368
    I think some of these human cadets will turn into the villains we already know due to Horde experiments. At least, that's what I'm hoping happens.

  3. #3
    Heroic Warrior Ivan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I think some of these human cadets will turn into the villains we already know due to Horde experiments. At least, that's what I'm hoping happens.
    This would be VERY interesting. I personally expect that any old Horde villains they introduce would probably be senior level baddies (force captain or above) so they wouldn't be replacing Kyle and other cadets.

    Kyle is on his way out and that is something that seems obvious. However, I think a more interesting storyline for Kyle would be if he didn't quite have the courage to leave, so he stays and his resentment builds until he becomes the worst bully of them all. Kinda like the Lester character from Fargo TV show.

  4. #4
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    This would be VERY interesting. I personally expect that any old Horde villains they introduce would probably be senior level baddies (force captain or above) so they wouldn't be replacing Kyle and other cadets.

    Kyle is on his way out and that is something that seems obvious. However, I think a more interesting storyline for Kyle would be if he didn't quite have the courage to leave, so he stays and his resentment builds until he becomes the worst bully of them all. Kinda like the Lester character from Fargo TV show.
    The storyline you proposed for Kyle sounds very interesting, it almost sounds like a story line from Green Lantern: The Animated Series, where the seemingly placid Ragnar killed the Green Lantern of his planet (he claimed to love him so much, he killed him so he could do him the dubious "honour" of replacing him - how messed up is that!!)

    Anyway, Ragnar schemed to do away with his sister Queen Iolande who became instead the chosen replacement Green Lantern, but he was thankfully defeated by her along with Hal Jordan and Kilowog. Ragnar was imprisoned until he was chosen as a recruit by the evil (or misguided) Red Lanterns to get revenge. Your idea for Kyle sounds similar, not a copy of course, but evocative of the GL story I mentioned.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  5. #5
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,362
    It would make sense that Kyle might be turned into Mantenna and Rogelio into Leech. Kyle has to be the worst Horde member ever. It is a miracle he has lasted this long in the group. I don't think we'll see any original MOTU male Horde characters like Dragstor that weren't a part of the original She-Ra show. It sounds like the staff had to jump through some hoops just to put in the ones they did. I definitely think we will see Mantenna and Leech at some point. Modulok and Multibot are a bit more iffy.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    734
    I think they're going to become the Horde Monsters, not be replaced by them. I'm really hoping it's a decision they make for themselves rather than be forced into it too. The best elements of a villain is that they make the decision, a tragic monster gets to be boring. If we're going to go gray and grey morality here, let's see some of Etheria's bad decisions come back to haunt them.

    I always held it as private canon that Norwyn was at least partially responsible for Shadow Weaver's fall to darkness, and thus at least partially responsible for the Horde's successful conquest.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  7. #7
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post

    I always held it as private canon that Norwyn was at least partially responsible for Shadow Weaver's fall to darkness, and thus at least partially responsible for the Horde's successful conquest.
    Whereas now it seems her fall was all due to too many Sweaters knitted by Castaspella
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Whereas now it seems her fall was all due to too many Sweaters knitted by Castaspella
    Seduced by easy power. Driven mad by hand stitched woolen garments. It's all the same.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  9. #9
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    I think it'd be cool, since Kyle's almost headed that way anyway. Maybe if they lose the Cadets, Hordak will recall Modulok, Mantenna, Leech, Dragstor, Mosquitor etc from whatever Etherian kingdoms they may be currently dominating and pit his best generals against Adora?


    That's assuming that Modulok, Mantenna, Leech, Dragstor, Mosquitor etc. weren't stranded on Eternia when the Horde was banished to Despondos.
    Probably not. Unfortunately, I think licensing issues will prevent this.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    2,691
    I don't think Leech, Mantenna, or Grizzlor will replace the other three due to licensing issues mostly. Also the show is pushing the female characters as the mains in this version of She-Ra. I imagine Catra, Entrapta, and Scorpia will be the three main villains.

    Even Hordak has a reduced role, so don't expect any of the guys to be pushed front and center in any meaningful way.

  11. #11
    Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Leeds UK
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I don't think Leech, Mantenna, or Grizzlor will replace the other three due to licensing issues mostly. Also the show is pushing the female characters as the mains in this version of She-Ra. I imagine Catra, Entrapta, and Scorpia will be the three main villains.

    Even Hordak has a reduced role, so don't expect any of the guys to be pushed front and center in any meaningful way.

    So Womantenna, Leechella, Moduloona, Sultry-Bot, Dragstora, Mosquitara etc ?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

  12. #12
    Heroic Warrior sirsniffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ
    Posts
    2,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    So Womantenna, Leechella, Moduloona, Sultry-Bot, Dragstora, Mosquitara etc ?
    ^This would be a cool episode actually, where some spell gender swaps the characters.

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Asher Tye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I don't think Leech, Mantenna, or Grizzlor will replace the other three due to licensing issues mostly. Also the show is pushing the female characters as the mains in this version of She-Ra. I imagine Catra, Entrapta, and Scorpia will be the three main villains.

    Even Hordak has a reduced role, so don't expect any of the guys to be pushed front and center in any meaningful way.
    I thought I read somewhere (an interview link on this topic, thank you Tallstar) that Hordak would be getting an expanded role in season 2 now that Catra has been established as the personal enemy for Adora?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

  14. #14
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,869
    I could see Kyle leaving, but I think the others will stay.

    I don't forsee any of the current characters transforming into old characters. Like others have said, its probably due to licensing issues. I'm expecting Leech to pop up like Grizzlor did in the first season. I'd be REALLY surprised to see someone like Dragstor pop up.

    Still, stranger things have happened...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    638
    Calling it now .....Kyle becomes He-man and is related to adora somehow maybe not brother and sister but maybe both from Eternia.

  16. #16
    Loco Motu Vato ehenyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    10,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    I thought I read somewhere (an interview link on this topic, thank you Tallstar) that Hordak would be getting an expanded role in season 2 now that Catra has been established as the personal enemy for Adora?
    Yes, that has been stated for future seasons.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

  17. #17
    Catwoman...Hear Me Roar! Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Catwoman's Catacomb
    Posts
    5,726
    I just hope Flutterina, Peekablue, Sweet Bee, and Double Trouble appear in Season 2.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

    - Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

  18. #18
    Widget
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    2
    As someone who has beaten Kid Icarus: Uprising and super-recognizes Kyle's voice, I'm not sure what I want the show to do with him. If he defected to The Rebellion, I'm not sure what he'd do except be good now. And if he turned into a Horde monster, I'd never be able to see him without wondering if the show only did it to make the voice actor use both his Pit and Dark Pit voices. What I do know is how much I hope Entrapta gets to bring Multi-Bot and/or Dylamug into the show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •