Thread: The Filmation Vintage Figures Should Have Used Classics Armor

Heroic Warrior

The Filmation Vintage Figures Should Have Used Classics Armor

This is your Vintage He-Man:

This is your Vintage He-Man with Classics Armor:

The long and short of it is that Super7 is developing NEW toolings that are worse fits than existing toolings that are, in every way, superior, aside from the "authentic" vintage ratcheting armor that doesn't actually work beyond the first ratchet since the new torsos are bulkier than actual vintage figures and the straps tend to come loose in packaging.

Can the vintage hold the originals sword and shield? Do the hands fit those accessories?

Heroic Warrior
    I'm going entirely off other people's photos as my Vintage figures are stranded in my apartment leasing office. I got the delivery notice at 5:59 and they closed at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrala View Post
    I'm going entirely off other people's photos as my Vintage figures are stranded in my apartment leasing office. I got the delivery notice at 5:59 and they closed at 6.
    Ha! Thank you for using my photo. Yes, I agree. The Classics chest harness fits the new vintage He-Man very well, and it's much softer than what was made. He can also easily put the sword on his back. With the new vintage harness it's impossible without snapping off the harness tooth in the back.

He.jpg

Court Magician
    Nothing wrong with the harness of the neo vintage he-man, in terms of the design (imho). But the plastic they used is so hard and was shaped such that the thing just sits on the figure all wrong. You could probably get it to fit properly by heating and forming it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Nothing wrong with the harness of the neo vintage he-man, in terms of the design (imho). But the plastic they used is so hard and was shaped such that the thing just sits on the figure all wrong. You could probably get it to fit properly by heating and forming it a bit.
    Yes! The plastic used is definitely not a good choice for a harness, it's not flexible enough, cant put his sword in the back without snapping it open. I hope they fixed that issue for the upcoming Robot He-Man.