Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    No Banner...
    Banner was in the trailer if only for a split second.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Banner was in the trailer if only for a split second.
    Ha! I watched it twice in a row and missed it both times.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Thor: "I like this one."
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I am hoping some of the predictions above are true. My son spotted Tony in the group scene with the slick new armor/costumes?!? I didn't even see him! Good eye, kid!
    Those are the quantum realm suits similar to what Hank Pym wore:

I was waiting for the Brie Larson comment...

Fun, I was wondering what was up with the suits.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

What's the deal with the Statue of Liberty being surrounded by makeshift docks and all those boats? That was weird.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    What's the deal with the Statue of Liberty being surrounded by makeshift docks and all those boats? That was weird.
    I don't know for sure but I think it could be 2 things: 1) After the snap, boats at sea that had their crew disappear drifted aimlessly and those found were moored at the Statue of Liberty or 2) The Statue of Liberty has become an impromptu "Lost and Found" center where people go to see if any loved ones they believe are "missing" can be found there.

Marvel Entertainment just released a bunch of Endgame character posters that confirmed the status of many characters of the MCU. Those who are alive are in color and all have the text "Avenge the Fallen" across the top. The dead/dusted characters are in black and white. Since this may be sort of spoiler-ish, I will put tags around the image for those who want to see it:

Not sure why Happy Hogan wasn't included in the image above?

Since there are many characters that don't appear in either color or black and white in the image, I think the ones in color (those who are alive) will make some sort of appearance in Endgame which is awesome! But it still leaves questions from other characters whose images don't appear that I would have loved to have been answered but given the time constraints and the amount of story to be told I knew it couldn't be possible to do it even though the running time has been confirmed at 3 hours and 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; March 26, 2019 at 10:49pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Ha, ha!

I am so excited to see Valkyrie!!! I loved her in Ragnarok. You know what, the first time I watched the movie I was not sure how I felt about it. I have watched it at least 10 times now and I love it. Chris really is fun and he makes an awesome Thor.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I am so excited to see Valkyrie!!! I loved her in Ragnarok. You know what, the first time I watched the movie I was not sure how I felt about it. I have watched it at least 10 times now and I love it. Chris really is fun and he makes an awesome Thor.
    Yes, Thor Ragnarok was indeed a very awesome. I too was excited to see Valkyrie still among the living and at the possibility of seeing her in Endgame. The images also confirmed that Shuri had indeed also been turned to dust by Thanos. I wonder if the movie will touch on the political structure in Wakanda now that both T'Challa and Shuri are no longer around. Is M'Baku on the throne? The Queen Mother maybe? I seriously doubt Okoye would be ruling over Wakanda...

It's good that the images confirmed that Pepper and Happy Hogan are also still around and also makes me wonder how large a part they will play in the movie.

I am a bit disappointed that Michael Pena's Luis isn't pictured at all. I was looking forward seeing him interact with the Avengers and vice versa. And that messes up the possibility that he was the one that helped Ant-Man escape from the Quantum realm. However, there is still the possibility that Dr. Foster or Ghost being the ones who aid him in doing that.

Also, no image of Aunt May, Korg or Miek so their fate is still unknown.

Marvel also released a featurette recently. It doesn't give really any new info unfortunately:

It's kind of funny that

Hope, who has not been in any Avenger movies yet, has a poster for the next Avenger movie--just to say she was dusted off screen. Also sorry Quicksilver doesn't get a poster (like Loki, he'd just be included because he's dead). I know, it's like the In Memorium section of award shows, they can't honor everyone but it still it just makes death suck worse. Here's hoping they undo it now that the Fox rights are back with Marvel (though I'm guessing they won't).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Maaaannnn I hope the new leaked toys are another Toy release misdirect. Otherwise I'm going to be a disappointed fan in the theater again.

Tickets just went on sale this morning! I got mine for Saturday IMAX 2D. But my co-workers are saying the movie theater websites are crashing for them right now. Only a movie as big as this could do that!

Did you guys see this trailer yet? I had not. Sorry if it has already been shared:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRTS9yZJREk

Tickets just went on sale this morning! I got mine for Saturday IMAX 2D. But my co-workers are saying the movie theater websites are crashing for them right now. Only a movie as big as this could do that!
    I'll wait while maintaining as much internet silence as I can stand to see it in the big D after the initial giant crowds die down. But I am extremely pumped to see it! I just hope Hulk gets a chance to be Hulk in this one.

Got my tickets for the 26th. Wanted to go to 24th midnight screenings but they are already sold out
    Last edited by Rhanen; April 2, 2019 at 11:50am.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Ha, ha!

SAME! I am stoked for Valkyrie! I'm also hoping for some Korg, he was hilarious in Ragnarok. That movie is my favorite Marvel movie by far. That makes me think of something: humor. Avengers: Infinity War had a lot of humor in it, I wonder if Endgame will still have some levity. The trailers all look somber and epic, but there has to be some funny stuff.

I found the Endgame figures in Walmart yesterday. I'm bummed they have the stupid straight-leg again like the last movie. What does Hasbro have against knee articulation?
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It's kind of funny that
    IMO it makes sense.

All of the people on the posters who died (and are in black and white) were in one way or another killed as a result of the events of Infinity War. Loki may not have been "dusted," but he died in Infinity War directly due to Thanos. And if the black and white posters should only reflect those who died from the finger snap, then Gamora and Vision shouldn't be on them, either. But they both died as part of the events of Infinity War .

While now shown in Infinity War, itself, Hope is shown to have been dusted in the mid-credits scene of Ant-Man and the Wasp, with the events of that film taking place roughly at the same time as Infinity War. So I can see why she is included in the posters.

You aren't going to see characters on these posters like Quicksilver, Oden, the Warriors Three, Peggy Carter, Yondu, or anyone else who died in other films in any manner that wasn't the direct result of the events of Infinity War.

Additionally, since it is extremely likely that anyone who was dusted from the finger snap will be brought back by the end of the movie (since we know that there are more films coming with some of those characters that have already been announced, and in at least once case already has a trailer), then it can be argued that everyone in those posters appears in Avengers Infinity War and/or Avengers Endgame.

- - - Updated - - -

As for tickets, I've got mine for Thursday night all set.

Yeah, getting tickets was a tad brutal today in terms of sites crashing, but I managed to get some a few hours later after the onsale time for a matinee the Saturday of opening weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    SAME! I am stoked for Valkyrie! I'm also hoping for some Korg, he was hilarious in Ragnarok. That movie is my favorite Marvel movie by far. That makes me think of something: humor. Avengers: Infinity War had a lot of humor in it, I wonder if Endgame will still have some levity. The trailers all look somber and epic, but there has to be some funny stuff.
    Korg was great! I like how he thought he was carrying around a dead alien and then the dude wakes up - LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Got my tickets for the 26th. Wanted to go to 24th midnight screenings but they are already sold out
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Yeah, getting tickets was a tad brutal today in terms of sites crashing, but I managed to get some a few hours later after the onsale time for a matinee the Saturday of opening weekend.
    My brother got 23 tickets for IMAX on Saturday morning!

Cannot wait... after all, this is the greatest Marvel film event!

.......until the next, greatest Marvel film event...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    IMO it makes sense.
    I understood all of that, my facetious point was only that

Hope/Wasp's debut in Avenger-related marketing is as a dead character. She's the only one on there to which that applies. Ant-Man and Valkyrie have never been in Avengers movies before either but at least they're alive.

RE the exclusion of Quicksilver, I hope my remark about wanting them to "fix" him is understood not to mean that I want him to get a poster, but that I hope they bring him back to life somehow, someway, now that the conflict with the Fox rights is a non-issue because I think he was hideously wasted by being fridged so early on. I don't expect him to get a poster, though he is one of the only fallen Avengers up to now so I don't think he's in the same category as all previously dead MCU characters who died before Infinity War. All that said, I don't expect them to reverse anything but the events of Infinity War).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Avengers: Endgame smashes ticket pre-sale records in just 6 hours

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a2...ken-six-hours/

No wonder the sites are crashing and people are having a hard time getting tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    No wonder the sites are crashing and people are having a hard time getting tickets
    Well here's another indicator of how highly anticipated/regarded this movie franchise is...

https://people.com/movies/avengers-e...-dollars-ebay/

"Haven’t booked your tickets for Avengers: Endgame yet? eBay has you covered — for a hefty price tag.
    Tickets for the latest Marvel epic may be the hottest commodity with wait times, on sites like Fandango and AMC, that lasted over an hour on Tuesday when they went on sale.

Haven’t booked your tickets for Avengers: Endgame yet? eBay has you covered — for a hefty price tag.
    Tickets for the latest Marvel epic may be the hottest commodity with wait times, on sites like Fandango and AMC, that lasted over an hour on Tuesday when they went on sale.

Haven’t booked your tickets for Avengers: Endgame yet? eBay has you covered — for a hefty price tag.

On Tuesday, it took just six hours for the Marvel film to break Fandango’s presale ticket records, surpassing three Star Wars films (The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi and Rogue One) and 2018’s Avengers: Infinity War, which came in fifth."

I'm glad I only had to pay retail to get my tickets...

I hope as many of the people trying to sell them on ebay get no buyers and are unable to get a refund on the tickets.