Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame

This is pretty epic. Hilarious. And punny (yes, I wrote punny...)

*Warning! Strong Language!!*
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    The MCU cast sings a recap of the previous movie to the tune of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Star the Fire."

I just hope it is a lie, but I was reading some posts in a GOT article and and idiot posted a picture of the supposed leaked "Avengers Endgame" video with an amazing spoiler. Don't those people have a life? What is the fun in doing that?
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    I just hope it is a lie, but I was reading some posts in a GOT article and and idiot posted a picture of the supposed leaked "Avengers Endgame" video with an amazing spoiler. Don't those people have a life? What is the fun in doing that?
    Trolls on the internet will never stop. They've been around since AOL. You also have to remember that kids of all ages have internet access. So that guy probably posted that screen shot and then yelled out to his mom asking what's for dinner. He's got an earth science test tomorrow that he's going to flunk.
    White knights of the internet only see flowers or dragons. Nothing in between.

Just read the full plot. It’s great. Russo Bros and all involved did a great job. Go see this movie! Can’t wait.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    The movie opened in China at midnight today (with some Tuesday night early screenings) and as predicted was the biggest movie opening yet:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ng-day-1204309

"Disney/Marvel's Avengers: Endgame is already making box office history in China, the world's second-biggest film market.

The wildly anticipated franchise closer, directed by the Russo brothers, opened in the Middle Kingdom on Wednesday, two days ahead of its U.S. debut.

Endgame earned an astonishing $107.2 million on its first day of release in China, including a record $28.2 million in midnight previews, according to an early estimate from Disney. The huge total sets a new single-day record for the China market, eclipsing local blockbuster Monster Hunt 2's $85 million bow last year. Hollywood's former one-day record in China was $69 million, earned by Universal's The Fate of the Furious in 2017.

Endgame also accounted for an astonishing 99 percent of all movie tickets sold in China on Wednesday. Many top multiplexes had the film playing on every screen, with showings starting every 15 to 30 minutes.

Pre-release forecasts had Endgame earning approximately $270 million over its five-day opening frame. But some observers are already nudging the upper end of their predicted range past the $300 million mark.

The buzz for the film has been overwhelmingly positive so far ó an especially good sign given its risky three hour-plus running time. Endgame has a chart-topping 9.3/10 score on Maoyan's ticketing app and an even more impressive 9.2/10 rating on movie site Douban, which is famously discerning.

Online scores and chatter exert a powerful influence over filmgoers in China. Word of mouth has been known to knock the legs out from under heavily hyped fan disappointments, or to elevate more obscure movies into box office sensations.

All things considered, Avengers: Endgame's early reception in China could hardly look more positive."

And early reactions from the L.A. premiere were overwhelmingly positive:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...emiere-1203690

"Monday night's premiere in downtown Los Angeles was the first time members of the public were able to see the Marvel Studios film, and the first reactions are coming in on Twitter."

Steven Weintraub

@colliderfrosty
    Just got out of the world premiere of #AvengersEndgame. Have a lot of feels.

11:50 PM - Apr 22, 2019
    346 people are talking about this

Dennis Tzeng

@ThinkHero
    #AvengersEndgame is filled with so much comic book awesomeness that you may not be ready! Great blend of action, emotion and humor while keeping the stakes high throughout. Truly an achievement in blockbuster filmmaking.

12:00 AM - Apr 23, 2019

Brandon Davis

@BrandonDavisBD
    #AvengersEndgame is an astonishing, amazing film. Iíve never seen anything like it. This movie is everything I wanted to be and SO much more. Amazing.

11:52 PM - Apr 22, 2019 ∑ Los Angeles, CA
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    2,534 people are talking about this

Peter Sciretta

@slashfilm
    Imagine the best possible version of #AvengersEndgame and somehow the film still surpasses all expectations. I cried 5-6 times. Itís the most emotional, most epic, MCU film. A tribute to ten years of this universe and holy **** the great fan service in this movie. Soooo good.

11:53 PM - Apr 22, 2019
    3,530 people are talking about this

Eric Eisenberg

@eeisenberg
    This can't be understated: #AvengersEndgame is everything you want it to be and more. I am absolutely floored. A perfect reflection on the last 11 years that pays off everything in the best way possible. Without question my new favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe film. Stunned.

11:56 PM - Apr 22, 2019
    2,076 people are talking about this

Angie J. Han

@ajhan
    #AvengerEndgame is an immensely satisfying payoff, not just to Infinity War but to all the films that came before. This is why the MCU. (And I say this as someone who was not especially enamored of Infinity War, FWIW.) ♥️����

11:57 PM - Apr 22, 2019
    539 people are talking about this

Perri Nemiroff

@PNemiroff
    #AvengersEndgame is A LOT. Too much at times. But wow the payoff is huge. Left me proud to have invested over a decade in a franchise that delivers an inspiring exploration of what it means to be family & a hero. (Endgame also now has one of my favorite shots in the entire MCU.)

12:00 AM - Apr 23, 2019
    760 people are talking about this

Brian Tong

@briantong
    Well, that was AMAZING!!! So many emotional moments that makes it special and the future continues to shine bright for the #MCU! Go see it. MULTIPLE TIMES. #AvengersEndgame #DontSpoilTheEndgame

12:04 AM - Apr 23, 2019 ∑ Los Angeles, CA
    44 people are talking about this

Scott Mendelson

@ScottMendelson
    So, #AvengersEndgame hits the required beats, with plenty of fan service (most of it earned) and plenty of wit. It doesn't make a ton of sense (and the action is a comedown) but it's unquestionably fun.

12:06 AM - Apr 23, 2019 ∑ Los Angeles, CA
    145 people are talking about this

I can't wait to see this film!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Just read the full plot. It’s great. Russo Bros and all involved did a great job. Go see this movie! Can’t wait.
    Don't tell me... Captain Marvel asks the rest of the Avengers to hold her beer while she takes care of Thanos? (This seems to be a common speculation... )

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    The movie opened in China at midnight today (with some Tuesday night early screenings) and as predicted was the biggest movie opening yet:

I can't wait to see this film!
    I heard that this movie is so good, that your head might actually explode afterwards...

Seriously though, from the few spoiler-free tidbits I've allowed myself to hear/read, this movie is incredible and, surprisingly, quite a tear-jerker.

OOOOOHHH.,. cant wait.. im seeing it a about 10 hrs!! SOO excited!
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

I have tickets for tomorrow, so I have be careful in what I read and what sites I may visit because it's full of people spoiling at the yell of "Hail Hydra"
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Don't tell me... Captain Marvel asks the rest of the Avengers to hold her beer while she takes care of Thanos? (This seems to be a common speculation... )

I heard that this movie is so good, that your head might actually explode afterwards...

Seriously though, from the few spoiler-free tidbits I've allowed myself to hear/read, this movie is incredible and, surprisingly, quite a tear-jerker.
    I said this long time ago and the Russo Brothers? Gotta root for my hometown boys!

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I just got back from it. It was excellent, while at the same time really pulling your emotions in many directions. I won't go into any spoilers for obvious reasons, but there is a TON of fan service, and I mean that in the BEST possible way!!!! (not like when a film leans on it too much with little other substance to support it).

And for those worried about Captain Marvel stealing the show, you have nothing to worry about. While she does have a couple of solid moments in the movie, she doesn't overshadow the other Avengers at all. And in total I don't think she is in the movie for much more than maybe 20 minutes total, and I may be high-balling that number.

Just got back from this too. Wow. This is a well put together film in a well out together series. Marvel Studios always seems to one up itself.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

saw it last nite... great time! loved it.. seeing again on Monday!
    "The worst horror movie i saw last year...was the best movie i saw last year"- Stephan King

in a nutshell it was freaking awesome!!!!!!
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Today is my hubby's birthday and we were going to go to the Drive In to see it, but it is raining and calling for thunder and lightning. Boo! Maybe over the weekend or next week?!? I am going to avoid the thread now and like the whole internet to avoid spoilers - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

YOW! Just got back. To say it was epic would be an understatement! My audience (and me) was going nuts throughout the third act. It was hard not to be satisfied by how much they gave you what you wanted to see (mostly).

So I was left with a lot of questions and feelings at the end and they're all spoilery so tags:

1, I wasn’t clear on why returning all the stones to the past was essential since they said they were different timelines. I get how you needed to keep the promise to the Ancient and give her back the Time Stone because of Dormamu, but the others? Heck, the Soul Stone wan’t in play until Thanos got it—and they paid a steep price to get it. It seemed like a waste to send it back to Vormir. As a way to write out Rogers, okay, I get it even though I think I’d have asked Doctor Strange to do it instead of him. It’s too bad we did not get to see Rogers face the Red Skull too—but I guess it would have been anticlimactic even though I always wanted to see their rematch.

2, You couldn’t give the Mind Stone back to Vision? Poor guy died twice and STAYED dead. Ouch. Actually, I’m kidding, I somehow didn’t care if Vision came back. I figure if he does, it’ll be on Shuri’s computer some day in a less crowded movie. I’m still more bothered that Quicksilver and the Warriors Three are dead and not even a little bit remembered in Endgame, alas. Some stupid deaths even this movie couldn’t fix. I mean, there’s always hope, but yeah, not in the cards this time.

3, if the infinity stones all have to go back to their timelines because they’re important to all reality (aside from the Time Stone, seems like they mostly caused only trouble, but whatever) should we then be worried about fallout from Thanos having destroyed the stones in our main timeline? Will something catastrophic happen because of their absence now? Anything? Or was this all just storytelling mumbo jumbo for “our franchise is done AF with these MacGuffins”? I admit that I’ve long figured that playing with reality would somehow set up the addition of the X-verse (even before the Fox deal, because I’m a hopeless dreamer), but Marvel avoided any obvious set ups for what will come next in this movie. I may be looking too hard on this one, but still, there seemed like a possible issue to be picked up in Doctor Strange 2 or the Eternals or something. Stay tuned, I guess?

4, speaking of other realities, does anyone else think Loki getting away with the Space Stone in one reality leave a possible way for him to come back into the prime timeline? I mean, I don’t know how, but currently the last time we’ve seen the character on screen was him escaping with an Infinity Stone rather than his death at the beginning of Infinity War. Even if it wasn’t our Loki, I’ve seen sci-fi shows pick up loose ends like this before. Maybe I can pretend he’ll show up with Vision, Quicksilver, and the Warriors Three because of reasons, haha.

5, so Captain America grew old with Peggy in our own timeline now? Or did he do that in a different reality? I’m guessing the latter because it seems like a lot for him to have kept his mouth shut about HYDRA infiltrating SHIELD and Bucky assassinating Stark, etc. But then I don’t know how he got back to this reality to give Sam the shield. Also, did he keep Mjolnir or return it to where Thor took it from his younger self? Because Cap having adventures through time with Mjolnir is the Disney+ series I gotta see! While I felt a lot of closure with Tony, I did not feel as done with Steve. His ending felt more forced, even if it did have a lot of fan service. I mean, it *could* be the last we see of him too, don’t get me wrong. And frankly, anyone could come back at any time if the writing wants them to. The Beyonder snaps his fingers and all the original Avengers could be back for the Secret Wars, fight a battle, then return to their own times forgetting everything. We just saw the Ancient again and she was totally dead. My nitpicking aside, I think this was a good way for both Stark and Rogers to go out if it does becomes their last appearances ever.

6, so this is going to be very weird moving forward. Everyone but the snapped is 5 years older and remembers a very miserable 5 years at that. So all of Peter Parker’s seemingly unchanged friends/classmates appearing in Far From Home must have been victims too (at least Ned, Flash, and Michelle), but now half of their previous classmates are grown up and replaced by teens who were in grade school before! Like how many kids have younger siblings who are now older or the same age as them? How many awkward moments can they get away with from this? Like Peter Parker could now date Ant-Man’s daughter! I mean I expect they’ll mostly gloss over this, but it does seem like a lot potentially. How many deaths happened during the last 5 years that the unsnappening didn’t fix? How many loved ones will return to find that in their absence they lost someone else? Imagine if Aunt May had died from grief and Peter is back to find her gone? How many future villains might have been created from losing loved ones like this? I’m just curious if the MCU will want to embrace that baggage or not, since it seems huge. Also, Agents of SHIELD—OMG, those writers are either giddy or miserable. I hope they knew what to expect while writing the next season.

7, Not that it’s a big deal but why bring back Harley for that funeral shot? I knew he’d be back because I read about it and if I hadn’t I would not have recognized the Iron Man 3 kid, but ultimately I’m puzzled by that one. Are there plans to do more with him or does that kid just have a really good agent?

9, Where’d Alternate Gamora go at the end?! She’s not with the Asgardians of the Galaxy(lol), yet Nebula was, and I feel she and Nebula would have stuck together after everything else that happened. I trust she would not have been dusted off screen by Tony’s snap. Did she leave and is Quill looking on that map in an attempt to follow after her? Also does this mean Thor is in GotG Vol 3?! Oh Norse Gods YES PLEASE! And will he stay fat, because OMG that was hilarious. At least if it’s been about 9 years, Adam Warlock will have had enough time to grow up from his cocoon.

10, I’ll never make a big stink about it but in previous GotG movies they really should have said that the Power Stone alone was the only Infinity Stone that no mortal could touch because jeez—mortals where handling them all over the place in this movie! Maybe Ego got busier than we knew back in the day.

11, So I did not follow the comics where Sam became the new Captain America, but does he get his own super powers, or is he more of an aspirational figure rather than a power-house fighter like Steve was? Because it’s great to call him Captain America now but I think we know he cannot do the things someone given that super soldier serum could do.

12, OMG that last battle was insane!!!! Did I already say this? I don't care, it was so cool! That first spark circle opened up and we were all just losing it! What an awesome curtain call for all the cool stuff we’ve seen. I think first, Cap picking up Mjolnir was the first big hit though—that happened the the audience cheered for the next five solid minutes before the portals opened and we did it for the next 10. Really, amazing pay off. Just awesome!

Anyway, go see it! Totally worth it! It'll make you cry! I don't know how to prepare friends of mine who have cherrypicked previous MCU movies to watch. See everything seems crazy and yet...wow, I can't imagine trying to get the same experience without some of the previous movies. Heck I think even some of the TV shows get a nod here

Specifically original Jarvis from the Peggy Carter series.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 27, 2019 at 04:18pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

What an awesome end to an awesome 10 years/21 movie saga!

Just like the majority of people who saw this, I have umpteen questions about where they will go from here, and why there are so many plot holes... but, considering everything the Russo's had to work with, they did a fantastic job of tying everything together and leaving the audience more than satisfied.

Time travel is a dangerous and tricky plot device to use in a series like this, and I don't think they explained it very well considering the multiple outcomes for many of the characters... but now that the proverbial cat's out of the bag, are they going to continue to use this device in the future?

Also, may people know my feelings toward Tony Stark and his "god-like" MCU presence... so I was elated to finally see him die. Good riddance, thank you for helping to start the MCU engine, but good riddance all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I said this long time ago and the Russo Brothers? Gotta root for my hometown boys!
    Just as we thought, all of the worry over Captain Marvel being too powerful and eclipsing the other heroes was completely unfounded... I said it was pure speculation before because it would have been ludicrous to do something like that after TEN YEARS! Hopefully those people can rest easy now...

And, on that same note, Captain Marvel is freaking awesome in this movie!!! I can't wait to see where Marvel Studios takes this character... there are so many options!!

Heroic Warrior

Captain Marvel had NO POINT in being in this movie. Zero. None.
    she had no resonance. no history. no earnment. and I cringed at every scene she was in.

asgardians..didn't ALL of them die against thanos in that ship? how did the horse lady survive, or any other others for that matter?
    I didn't care for thor's plot line in this. he was used just for laughs. and it felt pointless.

Time travel. OK, so they are going with the dragonball Z time travel theory of alternative time lines. That being the case, how does THEIR Cap work his way through THEIR timeline without altering it, or getting back to where he came from? that part of it makes no sense. based on what they set up, the ORIGINAL cap would now be in an alternate universe where he hooked up with agent carter and lived a happy life.

Other than that one minor snafu....and the marvel stupidity....overall, a VERY satisfying end. I wouldn't deny getting a little emotional at the strange portals opening up at the end.
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

Year Three. Trumps still doing fine...and CLEARED. have a NICE day ;o)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I watched the film yesterday and it...was...awesome! I never had a doubt it wouldn't be but seeing how actually awesome it was in person, there was no way to expect it. If you haven't seen it and you are even just mildly interested/invested in the MCU, go see it now. If you don't like the MCU or don't follow the movies, don't bother. This movie will only enhance the feelings you already have in place for these characters. This movie will not make you love a character you already hate or hate a character you love right now. I'll leave it at that except to say that last hour...Holy Wow!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I watched the film yesterday and it...was...awesome! I never had a doubt it wouldn't be but seeing how actually awesome it was in person, there was no way to expect it. If you haven't seen it and you are even just mildly interested/invested in the MCU, go see it now. If you don't like the MCU or don't follow the movies, don't bother. This movie will only enhance the feelings you already have in place for these characters. This movie will not make you love a character you already hate or hate a character you love right now. I'll leave it at that except to say that last hour...Holy Wow!
    On that same note, it surprised me how much the previous movies - all of the MCU franchises- actually held relevance in this movie.

It was so amazing and satisfying to see the current iterations of the heroes go back in time and interact with their past versions... simply outstanding scenes are littered throughout!! (Cap vs. Cap, Tony meeting dad, Nebula seeing Star Lord for the first time, Fat Thor (lol, I can't believe he was borderline obese the ENTIRE movie!) seeing his mom, etc., etc..)

AND, they actually got Robert Redford, Natalie Portman, Rene Russo, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, and more to reprise their roles for this film!! Just awesome!

So, if you are unfamiliar with all of the mainstream MCU films, you will miss a lot of the magic in Endgame... but, it's not a deal breaker. GO. SEE. IT!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Saw this movie yesterday. Good Lord did I love it. A few comments:

1. The biggest question I have right now is this: What impact does/will 4 Snaps have on the universe (The original dusting, Thanos destroying the Stones, Hulk bringing everyone back and Tony dusting Thanos and his forces)? It seems to me that all of that cosmic power would create some major issues in the universe.

2. I loved Thor. He lost half of his people in the initial attack at the beginning of IW (Korg, Meep, and Valkyrie escaped with the other half according to some things I've read/heard prior to the movie); lost half of those survivors when the Snap happened; and then had to deal with the knowledge that Thanos had destroyed the Stones, so he killed the jerk. I'd become a fat, drunk, Fortnight player too. It's a very sad story but I loved his resurgence at the end - and the fact that he didn't get "Magic Buff Body" after getting Mjolnir back.

3. Cap's return was kind of confusing at first, but I think I have it figured out. The Pym-particle-powered suits had some sort of homing beacon type tech on them (in those wrist thingies) which allowed them to a) get to the points in time they needed to get the Stones & return them and to b) get Cap back to his timeline after Peggy passed away.

4. Going along with that, Tony and Steve's endings were perfect. I didn't want to see either happen, but dang if it wasn't done well.

5. Oh! Two more things. First, I freaking yelled when Cap wielded Mjolnir. And when I heard Falcon's "On your left" I teared up.

That's about it. Man, what an amazing movie.
    Last edited by AllenJ1977; April 28, 2019 at 07:18pm.

I just saw it last night and enjoyed it very much but there were a few things I kinda didn't like about it:

1) The fact that Thor doesn't become the new King of Asgard to replace Odin annoyed me a little. I felt like with him putting the weight on that was a way to show he was kindof becoming more Odin-esque if that makes sense.

2) The girl-power scene was kinda cringy… I mean, how did all of these female characters just happen to be in the same place at the same time? But, when a bunch of women cheered in the theater I did appreciate that they enjoyed the scene so I'm kinda torn on it now...

3) Why didn't we see Peggy at the end of the movie with Cap on the bench? I guess they wanted to hold the surprise to the verrry last moment but I kinda wished she had been there with him.

4) I guess I was hoping we would maybe have an end credits scene showing a new threat (Galactus),etc (maybe even see a hint of the X-Men of FF)… The scene where Thano's ship starts to fire into space seriously had me thinking for a moment that Galactus had shown up or something

But, either way, these are minor gripes and this is definitely one of the best super-hero movies made...

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    YOW! Just got back. To say it was epic would be an understatement! My audience (and me) was going nuts throughout the third act. It was hard not to be satisfied by how much they gave you what you wanted to see (mostly).

So I was left with a lot of questions and feelings at the end and they're all spoilery so tags:

Most of your questions would be answered by an explanation of how time travel works in the MCU. It starts with the premise that it is not possible to change the future. If one alters a past event, it creates a divergent timeline, but it does not alter the timeline of origination. That is why it is not possible to stop Thanos from acquiring the stones, but it is possible to bring the stones to the present and use them, so long as they are returned to the time and place from which they are borrowed, so that they are when and where they need to be so events will play out as they already have. Confused yet?

I've watched it last Friday, and I must say I liked it a lot, specially the third act... but, in a sort of way, for me was like what "The Return of the Jedi" is to "The Empire Strikes Back" in comparison to "Infinity War".

There are awesome moments, particularly with Captain America for me, but there's something in the plot development that does not completely convince or satisfy me. There are plotholes that I should take them as is in order to be completely satisfied.

My feedback thread

A nice finale to the Avengers saga! it definitely rode off into the sunset well, now let's move on with other Marvel heroes.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.