Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California - Exclusive sales have ENDED

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I was told samples should be coming in two or three weeks. Fingers crossed!
    Can't wait! Hoping that Horde Zombie He-Man might have a package similiar in theme to Anti-Eternia He-Man...except in a shade of green!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Will there be Super Shuttle or other shuttle Power-Con discounts like before for John Wayne airport to hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Will there be Super Shuttle or other shuttle Power-Con discounts like before for John Wayne airport to hotel?

I'm not sure if they announced that. But I live here in the Los Angeles area and can make some suggestions for you to help.

If your coming from LAX airport and want to save some money I recommend:

Take the green line train shuttle, it's free and will drop you off at the Aviation Green line train station. It cost $1.75 for one way trip per person, so each person needs to buy a ticket. Unfortunately there is an extra $1 charge to receive there Tap card but can be refilled over and over again. The green line ends in in Norwalk Station. I have to look again but there is a bus that will take you all the way to disneyland. Make sure you have enough money in you Tap Card. I need to check MTA to see where exactly around disneyland it will drop you off. Depending on where the bus drops you off you will either be able to walk to your Hotel or I recommend an Uber/Lyft, there everywhere in the are and wait time is less than 5 min.

Another option if your landing at LAX is to take a shuttle to the hotel, theres ton's of shuttle services there but I recommend booking it early.

And lastly is to rent a car at LAX, of course prices can vary on car rentals and if you have Costco card you will be able to book a rental online for a lot less.

John Wayne Airport is a lot closer to the hotel, your choices can vary but I believe taking an uber/lyft will be cheaper (maybe $45) since its only 30 min away from the hotel.
    I hope this helps some of you who plan on coming, I will do my best to answer some questions since I live in the area.

Master of New Adventures!
    Not sure if I'm allowed to plug a company, so mods please feel free to delete this if it's a violation.

As someone who comes to L.A. a lot, I can tell you Fox Rent a Car is absolutely the least expensive around. Newer cars and great service. They have a shuttle to their office about ten minutes from LAX and check in is a very organized affair wth tons of helpful staff. If you smile and use a little charm they'll usually upgrade you.

Quote Originally Posted by bat4life1 View Post
    I'm not sure if they announced that. But I live here in the Los Angeles area and can make some suggestions for you to help.

If your coming from LAX airport and want to save some money I recommend:

Take the green line train shuttle, it's free and will drop you off at the Aviation Green line train station. It cost $1.75 for one way trip per person, so each person needs to buy a ticket. Unfortunately there is an extra $1 charge to receive there Tap card but can be refilled over and over again. The green line ends in in Norwalk Station. I have to look again but there is a bus that will take you all the way to disneyland. Make sure you have enough money in you Tap Card. I need to check MTA to see where exactly around disneyland it will drop you off. Depending on where the bus drops you off you will either be able to walk to your Hotel or I recommend an Uber/Lyft, there everywhere in the are and wait time is less than 5 min.

Another option if your landing at LAX is to take a shuttle to the hotel, theres ton's of shuttle services there but I recommend booking it early.

And lastly is to rent a car at LAX, of course prices can vary on car rentals and if you have Costco card you will be able to book a rental online for a lot less.

John Wayne Airport is a lot closer to the hotel, your choices can vary but I believe taking an uber/lyft will be cheaper (maybe $45) since its only 30 min away from the hotel.
    I hope this helps some of you who plan on coming, I will do my best to answer some questions since I live in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    If you smile and use a little charm they'll usually upgrade you.
    Ummm lol...

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Many attendees were trading Super Shuttle horror stories last year. I had used them every year and always had a good experience, but last year was a nightmare. I do not think I want to take a chance on them again, especially since so many people had similar experiences.

We're still sorting out possible shuttle options.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Oh come on, Adam. We all know your private helicopter is going to fly you from the airport to the roof of the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Many attendees were trading Super Shuttle horror stories last year. I had used them every year and always had a good experience, but last year was a nightmare. I do not think I want to take a chance on them again, especially since so many people had similar experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Oh come on, Adam. We all know your private helicopter is going to fly you from the airport to the roof of the hotel.
    He better come pick me up if he does!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I'm delighted to say I'm booked for Power-Con! Looking forward to seeing all the fans.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    I was told samples should be coming in two or three weeks. Fingers crossed!
    Any news about samples and more PC Exclusives pics?
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

It is cool to see Roger Sweet, one of the designers of the original toyline, is coming to Power-Con.

Very cool!
    what a great line up of guests already!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Any news about samples and more PC Exclusives pics?
    Nothing yet! Still hoping

Heroic Warrior
    Nothing yet! Still hoping
    NoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so impatient when it comes to these things.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Crap. These completely came and went under my radar. I had no idea they went on sale. Crap, crap, crap.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Crap. These completely came and went under my radar. I had no idea they went on sale. Crap, crap, crap.
    I think Big Bad Toy Store still has the 3 pack and Starburst She-Ra doll up for pre-order.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I'M BEYOND PUMPED!!!!! Finally dressing up this time

Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I'M BEYOND PUMPED!!!!! Finally dressing up this time
    Could you reveal what you are dressing up as? Or is that a surprise?

I would be interested in going but I have never been to a convention before or even on a plane lol. Hoping to change that soon and go to some place by plane.

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I would be interested in going but I have never been to a convention before or even on a plane lol. Hoping to change that soon and go to some place by plane.
    Power-Con is the perfect "first". If you can ever make it, I'm sure you'd love it and we would love to see you there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Power-Con is the perfect "first". If you can ever make it, I'm sure you'd love it and we would love to see you there!

Thank you. We will see. Some friends want me to go over to the Transformers convention TFNation in England this year.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I was in the same boat as you and then a few years ago my boyfriend talked me into going on my first plane ride to New York! It's old hat now

Wish I could go this year but family matters are keeping me . At least I'm getting some of the exclusives!

Heroic Warrior
    Need Help picking up Exclusives! Hi guys, I have a weekend ticket and product ordered but now I have to attend a wedding! Could anyone help me pick up my figures? I live in Agoura Hills just outside of Los Angeles. Happy to see if I can transfer my attendee pass to you for free!

Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Need Help picking up Exclusives! Hi guys, I have a weekend ticket and product ordered but now I have to attend a wedding! Could anyone help me pick up my figures? I live in Agoura Hills just outside of Los Angeles. Happy to see if I can transfer my attendee pass to you for free!

PM sent. I'd be happy to help out!

"Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"