Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 776 to 800 of 811

Thread: Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California - Exclusive sales have ENDED

  1. #776
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I was told samples should be coming in two or three weeks. Fingers crossed!
    Can't wait! Hoping that Horde Zombie He-Man might have a package similiar in theme to Anti-Eternia He-Man...except in a shade of green!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  2. #777
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,360
    Will there be Super Shuttle or other shuttle Power-Con discounts like before for John Wayne airport to hotel?

  3. #778
    Heroic Warrior bat4life1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles,CA
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Will there be Super Shuttle or other shuttle Power-Con discounts like before for John Wayne airport to hotel?

    I'm not sure if they announced that. But I live here in the Los Angeles area and can make some suggestions for you to help.

    If your coming from LAX airport and want to save some money I recommend:

    Take the green line train shuttle, it's free and will drop you off at the Aviation Green line train station. It cost $1.75 for one way trip per person, so each person needs to buy a ticket. Unfortunately there is an extra $1 charge to receive there Tap card but can be refilled over and over again. The green line ends in in Norwalk Station. I have to look again but there is a bus that will take you all the way to disneyland. Make sure you have enough money in you Tap Card. I need to check MTA to see where exactly around disneyland it will drop you off. Depending on where the bus drops you off you will either be able to walk to your Hotel or I recommend an Uber/Lyft, there everywhere in the are and wait time is less than 5 min.

    Another option if your landing at LAX is to take a shuttle to the hotel, theres ton's of shuttle services there but I recommend booking it early.

    And lastly is to rent a car at LAX, of course prices can vary on car rentals and if you have Costco card you will be able to book a rental online for a lot less.

    John Wayne Airport is a lot closer to the hotel, your choices can vary but I believe taking an uber/lyft will be cheaper (maybe $45) since its only 30 min away from the hotel.
    I hope this helps some of you who plan on coming, I will do my best to answer some questions since I live in the area.

  4. #779
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,230
    Not sure if I'm allowed to plug a company, so mods please feel free to delete this if it's a violation.

    As someone who comes to L.A. a lot, I can tell you Fox Rent a Car is absolutely the least expensive around. Newer cars and great service. They have a shuttle to their office about ten minutes from LAX and check in is a very organized affair wth tons of helpful staff. If you smile and use a little charm they'll usually upgrade you.

    Quote Originally Posted by bat4life1 View Post
    I'm not sure if they announced that. But I live here in the Los Angeles area and can make some suggestions for you to help.

    If your coming from LAX airport and want to save some money I recommend:

    Take the green line train shuttle, it's free and will drop you off at the Aviation Green line train station. It cost $1.75 for one way trip per person, so each person needs to buy a ticket. Unfortunately there is an extra $1 charge to receive there Tap card but can be refilled over and over again. The green line ends in in Norwalk Station. I have to look again but there is a bus that will take you all the way to disneyland. Make sure you have enough money in you Tap Card. I need to check MTA to see where exactly around disneyland it will drop you off. Depending on where the bus drops you off you will either be able to walk to your Hotel or I recommend an Uber/Lyft, there everywhere in the are and wait time is less than 5 min.

    Another option if your landing at LAX is to take a shuttle to the hotel, theres ton's of shuttle services there but I recommend booking it early.

    And lastly is to rent a car at LAX, of course prices can vary on car rentals and if you have Costco card you will be able to book a rental online for a lot less.

    John Wayne Airport is a lot closer to the hotel, your choices can vary but I believe taking an uber/lyft will be cheaper (maybe $45) since its only 30 min away from the hotel.
    I hope this helps some of you who plan on coming, I will do my best to answer some questions since I live in the area.

  5. #780
    Heroic Warrior depp76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    If you smile and use a little charm they'll usually upgrade you.
    Ummm lol...

  6. #781
    ▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Will there be Super Shuttle or other shuttle Power-Con discounts like before for John Wayne airport to hotel?
    Many attendees were trading Super Shuttle horror stories last year. I had used them every year and always had a good experience, but last year was a nightmare. I do not think I want to take a chance on them again, especially since so many people had similar experiences.

  7. #782
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,473
    We're still sorting out possible shuttle options.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  8. #783
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,230
    Oh come on, Adam. We all know your private helicopter is going to fly you from the airport to the roof of the hotel.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Many attendees were trading Super Shuttle horror stories last year. I had used them every year and always had a good experience, but last year was a nightmare. I do not think I want to take a chance on them again, especially since so many people had similar experiences.

  9. #784
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Oh come on, Adam. We all know your private helicopter is going to fly you from the airport to the roof of the hotel.
    He better come pick me up if he does!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  10. #785
    Master of New Adventures!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    9,230
    I'm delighted to say I'm booked for Power-Con! Looking forward to seeing all the fans.

  11. #786
    Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    427
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I was told samples should be coming in two or three weeks. Fingers crossed!
    Any news about samples and more PC Exclusives pics?
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

  12. #787
    Cobra Saboteur Firefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Classified
    Posts
    11,360
    It is cool to see Roger Sweet, one of the designers of the original toyline, is coming to Power-Con.

  13. #788
    Heroic Warrior Triklops 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Eternos
    Posts
    4,166
    Very cool!
    what a great line up of guests already!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

  14. #789
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,473
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    Any news about samples and more PC Exclusives pics?
    Nothing yet! Still hoping
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  15. #790
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Hellbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,868
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Nothing yet! Still hoping
    NoOoOoOoOOoOoOoOo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm so impatient when it comes to these things.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

  16. #791
    Heroic Warrior nicholighkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    At the Feet of Christ
    Posts
    3,382
    Crap. These completely came and went under my radar. I had no idea they went on sale. Crap, crap, crap.

  17. #792
    Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    3,380
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Crap. These completely came and went under my radar. I had no idea they went on sale. Crap, crap, crap.
    I think Big Bad Toy Store still has the 3 pack and Starburst She-Ra doll up for pre-order.

  18. #793
    The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Posts
    2,563
    I'M BEYOND PUMPED!!!!! Finally dressing up this time

  19. #794
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    36,473
    Quote Originally Posted by yodafreakmaster View Post
    I'M BEYOND PUMPED!!!!! Finally dressing up this time
    Could you reveal what you are dressing up as? Or is that a surprise?
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

  20. #795
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    421
    I would be interested in going but I have never been to a convention before or even on a plane lol. Hoping to change that soon and go to some place by plane.

  21. #796
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I would be interested in going but I have never been to a convention before or even on a plane lol. Hoping to change that soon and go to some place by plane.
    Power-Con is the perfect "first". If you can ever make it, I'm sure you'd love it and we would love to see you there!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

  22. #797
    Heroic Warrior Mark M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRandorFacepalm View Post
    Power-Con is the perfect "first". If you can ever make it, I'm sure you'd love it and we would love to see you there!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you. We will see. Some friends want me to go over to the Transformers convention TFNation in England this year.

  23. #798
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
    I would be interested in going but I have never been to a convention before or even on a plane lol. Hoping to change that soon and go to some place by plane.
    I was in the same boat as you and then a few years ago my boyfriend talked me into going on my first plane ride to New York! It's old hat now

    Wish I could go this year but family matters are keeping me . At least I'm getting some of the exclusives!

  24. #799
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Westchester NY
    Posts
    83
    Need Help picking up Exclusives! Hi guys, I have a weekend ticket and product ordered but now I have to attend a wedding! Could anyone help me pick up my figures? I live in Agoura Hills just outside of Los Angeles. Happy to see if I can transfer my attendee pass to you for free!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #800
    Heroic Warrior KingRandorFacepalm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Need Help picking up Exclusives! Hi guys, I have a weekend ticket and product ordered but now I have to attend a wedding! Could anyone help me pick up my figures? I live in Agoura Hills just outside of Los Angeles. Happy to see if I can transfer my attendee pass to you for free!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PM sent. I'd be happy to help out!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Anybody want to buy a used bolo?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •