Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California - Exclusive sales have ENDED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sboy4 View Post
    I was in the same boat as you and then a few years ago my boyfriend talked me into going on my first plane ride to New York! It's old hat now

Wish I could go this year but family matters are keeping me . At least I'm getting some of the exclusives!
    I almost got to take my first plane trip last summer. Maybe this year.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Could you reveal what you are dressing up as? Or is that a surprise?
    For the contest, my little Penelope and I will be representing the Evil Horde:cawink

Might even do Mo-Larr on Saturday just for fun, being the org Dentist and all...

Interesting...MATTEL is making Slime pit He Man....

Only about 40 days to go!!!! SO excited!

(Can't believe it's been a month with no posts in this thread!)

Just saw Mark Taylor is again a guest... I thought perhaps not since Roger Sweet was announced. (Maybe the Con can offer some reconciliation between the two?)

Hey Val, any idea on when we might see the programming announced? Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    Hey Val, any idea on when we might see the programming announced? Can't wait!!
    Should be at the end of July.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Flight tickets just about broke the bank for me. Fortunately, I love Power-Con enough to go, but please add my vote for bringing it back to July in the future years - I could at least drive like I did in a previous year. August lands right at the start of school.
    "I wouldn't be surprised if this movie has Adam as a skinny nerd from Earth battling another skinny nerd-hacker from Earth that used an alias of Keldor. They then enter Tron-style to a cyber world called Eternia, where they control muscle-bound avatars to battle (called He-Man and Skeletor). And these same avatars come to life and continue to battle in present-day Earth." - VZX

As long as Roger Sweet still comes (since I have never met him), I do not mind others he is not fond of coming. Mark and Rebecca Taylor were my favorite people to talk to last year. I'm surprised to see them back so quickly, but they do tend to invite artists back much more often than say voice actors and actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Many attendees were trading Super Shuttle horror stories last year. I had used them every year and always had a good experience, but last year was a nightmare. I do not think I want to take a chance on them again, especially since so many people had similar experiences.
    They aren't the greatest that's for sure. I usually have them pick me up plenty early to avoid any major issues. I went with ExecuCar last year which is ran by them. It basically cost the same thing, but you don't have to worry about them stopping at other hotels. I do hope there is some sort of Power-Con shuttle discount for this year for them and/or other companies, though.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    They aren't the greatest that's for sure. I usually have them pick me up plenty early to avoid any major issues. I went with ExecuCar last year which is ran by them. It basically cost the same thing, but you don't have to worry about them stopping at other hotels. I do hope there is some sort of Power-Con shuttle discount for this year for them and/or other companies, though.
    People who took Lyft and Uber last year paid slightly more, but within the same range as the shuttle. I may do that this year.

People who took Lyft and Uber last year paid slightly more, but within the same range as the shuttle. I may do that this year.
    I didn't even bother with SuperShuttle this year, based on what fans experienced in 2017 and 2018. I passed along feedback and they told me they'd improve things for 2018 but it didn't seem that happened. So I don't want to recommend a service that is doing a lackluster job.
    Instead, I encourage people to use Uber, Lyft, or a taxi. And if you really need to save a few extra dollars, then you may want to consider a shuttle service.
    Here is a list of transportation options from SNA airport.
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

I'm sure I missed it somewhere in the thread, but are the exclusives given out at the convention or do they get shipped afterwards ?
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

If you pre-ordered as an Attendee, you will pick them up there.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    I have huge expectations for the Powercon, hope we will have great news and great stuff.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Now that we're getting really close to this shindig, I'm considering food options, especially since I may be bringing a group with me. I figure the restaraunts on premises will be pretty packed. Are there places in walking distance? How feasible is it to bring one's own food or food for a family in a cooler?

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I have huge expectations for the Powercon, hope we will have great news and great stuff.
    I'm hoping for a couple more New Adventures guests since that is one of the themes and I've been rewatching it with my kids lately. There are no Netflix She-Ra guests announced yet, but I'm guessing that had to do with SDCC. Hopefully, Super7 and/or Mattel will have some new toy news to give out.

I've never used either before so it makes me a bit nervous, particularly trying to get a ride from the hotel to the airport to catch a flight. What happens if the driver fails to show? At least with a shuttle, they will send another.

▄ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I've never used either before so it makes me a bit nervous, particularly trying to get a ride from the hotel to the airport to catch a flight. What happens if the driver fails to show? At least with a shuttle, they will send another.
    Ride sharing service drivers are penalized if they fail to pick up a passenger. Ride sharing service drivers are also plentiful, so if one fails to show or cancels, you can simply request another if the app does not do so automatically.