Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Power-Con 2019 - August 17 & 18 in Anaheim, California

I wonder how well Rokkon & Granita would turn out repainted as Bouldar and Pebbliss.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    And there is still so much that can be done with just strict repaints!
    Most definitely!
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2020!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Master of New Adventures!
    Nice to see NA getting a mention once in a while. Thanks, danielsan52.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    NA (Jetlag) King Randor & Queen Marlena
    Attachment 118750

Angella (doll deco)

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I wonder how well Rokkon & Granita would turn out repainted as Bouldar and Pebbliss.
    If this were the only way to get them, I could settle. But ideally I'd want to see the Rock People/Comet Warrior faction fleshed out with more unique sculpt action figures.

Heroic Warrior
    Trying to think outside the box here:

How about any of Axelís designs?
    Goldenrod
    Reptilax
    Princess Kirma

Goldenrod was designed with a new waist piece but an existing one could easily be used.

Reptilax had a new harness designed but that could be swapped out

Princess Kirma I believe was a straight up repaint using all existing pieces.

Iíd love to see new characters with new bios over mini-comics repaints of existing ones.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Strict repaints.
    And how many strict repaint figures can we expect ?
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; December 15, 2018 at 08:27am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    And how many strict repaint figures can we expect ?
    Unknown at this time. Sorry!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects

Power-Con 2019 is coming - August 17 &amp; 18 in California

Iím a CC guy so Iím going to approach it from that end.

Ideally Slamurai wouldnít be a straight repaint but Iíll takes what I can gets.

Snake Troopers would be cool if a little boring to me personally...please include regular trooper heads though!

That mini comic Tri Klops on the back of the mini comics 3-Pack sure was cool, but can it be pulled off without new armor? I bet his molds are too old to be usable anyway.

Disco Skelly is always a solid option. Donít forget the Keldor swords.

Slime Pit He-Man should probably at least have a new head with a monstrous face and harness with a horde logo, but I wouldnít turn him away as a repaint.

I would love anything Fuerza-T if thatís anywhere within the realm of possibility. As mentioned, Platinoís beard might be a challenge, but I think people would forgive if it was omitted. Titanoís disc could just be the round weapons rack shield...or maybe even Sy-Kloneís? (címon kids, letís use our imaginations!). Thing is, these draw from some of the earliest figures, those whose molds are most likely to have deteriorated.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Ok ! Make as many as you possibly can !
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:[email protected] $$$$$

Power Con is a He-Man and She-Ra Con. There has yet to be a definite She-Ra / Princess of Power character exclusive. I would like to see one
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

I'll echo here what I posted in another thread dedicated to "Clash Of Arms" Whiplash...

What if Power-Con offered a "Clash Of Arms" Two-Pack, with this repainted Whiplash in "vs. style" packaging with Fisto?

As Fisto didn't even make it into the hands of some folks who had a proper Matty sub the year he was released, this seems like it would be a real crowd pleaser!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Power Con is a He-Man and She-Ra Con. There has yet to be a definite She-Ra / Princess of Power character exclusive. I would like to see one
    And yes- this is true. It does seem like a PoP-related Classics exclusive is long overdue!

A blue Return of Faker figure with some MOTUC battle armor thrown into the mix would be nice.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I’d be in for some pop toy repaints. I always hated the hybrid designs in motuc. It shortchanged both the pure Filmation looks as well as the toy looks. Maybe throw in red eye with oneof them all you need is one tiny Head tooled

Filmation blue faker would be fun
    Last edited by degra; December 16, 2018 at 12:03am.

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Might be cool to try to get a Mattel/S7-endorsed mini-comic. Maybe featuring some Axel's designs?
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Might be cool to try to get a Mattel/S7-endorsed mini-comic. Maybe featuring some Axel's designs?
    It sounds cool, but at this stage in the line, even if we could get permission for publishing, it would add another 10.00 to each figure to have a minicomic packed in with an exclusive figure.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    It sounds cool, but at this stage in the line, even if we could get permission for publishing, it would add another 10.00 to each figure to have a minicomic packed in with an exclusive figure.
    I wasn't even thinking about a pack-in...just a PC exlclusive mini-comic. (As a possible substitute for an entire figure) I think more people would shell out 10 bucks for a mini-comic than 40-50 for a PC exclusive figure? Just saying.
    Rambo was a documentary filmed in real time.

I wasn't even thinking about a pack-in...just a PC exlclusive mini-comic. (As a possible substitute for an entire figure) I think more people would shell out 10 bucks for a mini-comic than 40-50 for a PC exclusive figure? Just saying.
    I’d love as many figures as possible, but I’d buy as many mini comics as Power Con would want to offer in this manner. Doesn’t have to be included with the figure... and that might be wise, as people who don’t want the figures, might be interested in the comic though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    I’d be in for some pop toy repaints. I always hated the hybrid designs in motuc. It shortchanged both the pure Filmation looks as well as the toy looks. Maybe throw in red eye with oneof them all you need is one tiny Head tooled

Filmation blue faker would be fun
    Angella would be pretty easy... she wouldn’t have the pantaloons, but that isn’t all bad... she’d need to use one of the other ladies’ heads with long hair... but not so long that it hits the wings.

Sweet Bee would be easy.

Double Trouble in her purple/light blue prototype colors would be possible

Glimmer (especially with substituted Angella legs / boots, to make her shorter than the first release, as that release was way too tall), could be offered with toy colors (purple/silver)

Castaspella would be easy too
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    Trying to think outside the box here:

How about any of Axel’s designs?
    Goldenrod
    Reptilax
    Princess Kirma

Goldenrod was designed with a new waist piece but an existing one could easily be used.

Reptilax had a new harness designed but that could be swapped out

Princess Kirma I believe was a straight up repaint using all existing pieces.

I’d love to see new characters with new bios over mini-comics repaints of existing ones.
    Aside from the new weapons, Reptilax also had a reworked head that removed Fang Man's ears with a new lower jaw, and also a new tail. Kirma had a different head sculpt as well, so if any of Axel's designs had the potential to be a Power Con Exclusive under the 'repaints only' stipulation, Goldenrod would perhaps be the best bet provided the tooling is available.

I wouldn't mind seeing another 2 small character pack of characters like Filmation Orko, Red Eye, and Gorpo.

Maybe! But we also have to look at profit margin. The main point of exclusives is to help fuel the show. And even though they don't make a ton of money, there's more profit to be had on an action figure than a minicomic. Minicomics would be more of a novelty than something that would do a lot to support the show.

So if there's a lot of work and legal hurdles to jump to make minicomics, they'd be a tough sell.
    I'd love to have them, though!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Angella would be pretty easy... she wouldn’t have the pantaloons, but that isn’t all bad... she’d need to use one of the other ladies’ heads with long hair... but not so long that it hits the wings.

Sweet Bee would be easy.

Double Trouble in her purple/light blue prototype colors would be possible

Glimmer (especially with substituted Angella legs / boots, to make her shorter than the first release, as that release was way too tall), could be offered with toy colors (purple/silver)

Castaspella would be easy too
    2020 would be the focus for anything MOTUC She-Ra, depending on available molds of course.
    But my hope is to still have some sort of She-Ra offering for 2019.

Heroic Warrior
    Ahhhhh....so reading between the lines..... if you add U + S in your sentence together, with U = 21 and S = 19, add those numbers together and that means we're getting a 40-pack of repainted figures! YES!

Thanks for the confirmation, Val!

(I'm not trying to decipher anything you say AT ALL...)
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Ahhhhh....so reading between the lines..... if you add U + S in your sentence together, with U = 21 and S = 19, add those numbers together and that means we're getting a 40-pack of repainted figures! YES!

Thanks for the confirmation, Val!

(I'm not trying to decipher anything you say AT ALL...)
    And if you play the Beatles' Revolution 9 song backwards...

Heroic Warrior
    How’s about that pretty Jaga figure Brandon was showing off?

Heroic Warrior
    Would be cool to get a na figure, but as I just read just repaints .

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    Would be cool to get a na figure, but as I just read just repaints .
    Are there any NA characters that could be done as a complete repaint? Prob not.

A more toon accurate color scheme Optikk...?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.