Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Bad vintage Motu packaging from Super7

  1. #1
    Heroic Warrior omee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    139

    Bad vintage Motu packaging from Super7

    Just got these delivered today. Anyone else get their figs like this?
    819175837.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    And this
    IMG_20181215_113136.jpg

  2. #2
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    137
    Quote Originally Posted by omee View Post
    Just got these delivered today. Anyone else get their figs like this?
    819175837.jpg

    - - - Updated - - -

    And this
    IMG_20181215_113136.jpg
    There not as bad as yours but yes. What's even WORSE is the paint control quality of She-Ra. I hate to say it but I think Funko is doing better with the quality control of there 5.75 line.

  3. #3
    Court Magician 0RK0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Headhunter View Post
    There not as bad as yours but yes. What's even WORSE is the paint control quality of She-Ra. I hate to say it but I think Funko is doing better with the quality control of there 5.75 line.
    Funko is a whole different league than Super7 quality wise.
    I wish Funko would take over MOTU. Super7's quality doesn't match their prices. Cheap packaging, broken packaging, misplaced figures in packaging, paintjob, articulations, plastic. You name it. In every YouTube review video, the figures have at least one of these problems. Or just look at the forums thread, more people have received faulty figures than mint ones.

    Thing is: we love MOTU so much, we "accept" all these flaws and even try to downplay them. A shame, but nothing really we can do. I for one am done with Super7's "quality".
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,361
    IMHO Funko SW has their own issues regarding quality, falling off leg out of packaging is one of them. I wouldn't put them in a high pedestal. S7 and Funko both have room for improvement quality wise again imho.

    Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  5. #5
    Widget
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Thing is: we love MOTU so much, we "accept" all these flaws and even try to downplay them.
    Not for long mate, it is rather obvious people won't buy that easily from S7 going forward.
    Unfortunately, they deserve it.

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Or just look at the forums thread, more people have received faulty figures than mint ones.
    Ah well, let's be careful here - angry customers are usually much more likely to bother logging into a forum and complain than happy ones. From the 50+ pages thread on wave 1, I didn't get the impression that *most* people were disappointed. But yes, S7 has some QC issues - both with the factory not producing consistent quality as well as during shipping to the customers. It certainly doesn't look like the people at S7 responsible for preparing the individual parcels spend any time at all looking at what it is they are putting in the box... or S7 prefers dealing with these things after the fact through complaints and refunds.

  7. #7
    Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN.
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by motogp_fanatic View Post
    IMHO Funko SW has their own issues regarding quality, falling off leg out of packaging is one of them. I wouldn't put them in a high pedestal. S7 and Funko both have room for improvement quality wise again imho.

    Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    According to Funko that has been fixed and supposedly the factory did a bait and switch on them (showing them a better sample and then using cheaper plastic and cost cutting procedures that caused the problems). I Can believe this as the 5.5 before the latest had no major issues.
    Changed my blog Alexis' Treasures!/

    I'm Bacccck!

  8. #8
    Court Magician 0RK0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    45
    The Mattel toys, I took them to the bathtub, threw them across the room, changed the harness and weapons hundreds of times, placed them under any kind of stress as a kid. Needless to say they all still look perfectly fine apart from some rubber band issues, which is kinda understandable after 30+ years.

    Now let's compare this to the Super7 figures, the slightest stress on them and they fall apart. Even applying the shield could cause damage.
    There is simply no excuse for this quality. Only our (I say our because I also wanted them to be perfect and still kinda love them) fanboy glasses try to downplay the below average quality.

    About Funko, while not good as Mattel, still miles ahead of Super7 regarding the overall quality.

    @the person who said only people with negative experience tend to be vocal. The YouTubers do reviews of their new toys all the time, not just when a toy is in a bad condition. I have yet to find a YouTube video from a bigger toy collector whose figures and packaging are perfect in any way.

    Bottom line is: it's not a small vocal minority talking about the below average quality from Super7.
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior DragonWalker77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    82
    I always live by saying “give them a chance”, and I did. I gave Super7 a chance to correct the situation that really bothered me to no end. Upon receiving my He-Man figures from them directly, it turned out that both had a loose harness, completely undone. Being a serious MOTU collector I could not let it fly that easy and quickly returned the figures to Super7 for replacements. Today I can gladly say that Super7 replaced my figures and shipped them back to me in a weeks time. I couldn’t be happier right now that not only both Harnesses are properly attached but the cards are perfectly mint and in better condition than my original figures I received. Rudy in Customer Service took a great care of my replacement case, and carefully wrapped and shipped the new figures in a sturdy box. Big thanks to Rudy, I really appreciate his competence and understanding of what collectors are looking for.

  10. #10
    Heroic Warrior motogp_fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,361
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    According to Funko that has been fixed and supposedly the factory did a bait and switch on them (showing them a better sample and then using cheaper plastic and cost cutting procedures that caused the problems). I Can believe this as the 5.5 before the latest had no major issues.
    Glad Funko did act on it quickly, Super7 seems also on the process of doing corrections themselves, and personally I am still satisfied on that and I can respect those who cannot wait anymore and bailed out on Super7.

    Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

  11. #11
    Court Magician modulok02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    The Mattel toys, I took them to the bathtub, threw them across the room, changed the harness and weapons hundreds of times, placed them under any kind of stress as a kid. Needless to say they all still look perfectly fine apart from some rubber band issues, which is kinda understandable after 30+ years.

    Now let's compare this to the Super7 figures, the slightest stress on them and they fall apart. Even applying the shield could cause damage.
    There is simply no excuse for this quality. Only our (I say our because I also wanted them to be perfect and still kinda love them) fanboy glasses try to downplay the below average quality.

    About Funko, while not good as Mattel, still miles ahead of Super7 regarding the overall quality.

    @the person who said only people with negative experience tend to be vocal. The YouTubers do reviews of their new toys all the time, not just when a toy is in a bad condition. I have yet to find a YouTube video from a bigger toy collector whose figures and packaging are perfect in any way.

    Bottom line is: it's not a small vocal minority talking about the below average quality from Super7.
    Amen!.
    Yes, even the old reviews from PixelDan where you can see and compare the original figures from Mattel versus the new reviews on the figures he received from Super7 : (unaligned eyes like Christmas He-man "on drugs" look, paint splatters, lot of paint messes, Triklops "glued visor" fiasco, etc.) Even Pixel Dan tries to be unbiased in his review, and still those QC issues are very noticeable. Unacceptable for the price level of their figures, and inexcusable at this point of their license agreement (almost 2 years where they were supposed to address the first waves complaints, specially in Painting App)

  12. #12
    President of Primus Ornclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Tri-Solar System
    Posts
    5,862
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisLasek View Post
    According to Funko that has been fixed and supposedly the factory did a bait and switch on them (showing them a better sample and then using cheaper plastic and cost cutting procedures that caused the problems). I Can believe this as the 5.5 before the latest had no major issues.
    I agree.

    Their Son of Zorn and Mortal Kombat figures are exceptional.

    I trust Funko to fix the issue and continue to deliver awesome old-school figures at incredible prices.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    Amen!.
    Yes, even the old reviews from PixelDan where you can see and compare the original figures from Mattel versus the new reviews on the figures he received from Super7 : (unaligned eyes like Christmas He-man "on drugs" look, paint splatters, lot of paint messes, Triklops "glued visor" fiasco, etc.)
    ya don’t say...
    Attachment 118807

  14. #14
    Ancient One zodak74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Point Dread
    Posts
    14,429
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    ya don’t say...
    Attachment 118807
    You'd have that face too if you were left half-decapitated in battle!

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    ya don’t say...
    Attachment 118807
    Clearly she's saying whatchu talkin about modulok02

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    205
    Seems like i’ve been waiting years for these and now I don’t even want to bother opening this crap.
    The eye’s look awful and that cape should have been done in a completely different way. Not long enough and completely screws up the neck.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonWalker77 View Post
    I always live by saying “give them a chance”, and I did. I gave Super7 a chance to correct the situation that really bothered me to no end. Upon receiving my He-Man figures from them directly, it turned out that both had a loose harness, completely undone. Being a serious MOTU collector I could not let it fly that easy and quickly returned the figures to Super7 for replacements. Today I can gladly say that Super7 replaced my figures and shipped them back to me in a weeks time. I couldn’t be happier right now that not only both Harnesses are properly attached but the cards are perfectly mint and in better condition than my original figures I received. Rudy in Customer Service took a great care of my replacement case, and carefully wrapped and shipped the new figures in a sturdy box. Big thanks to Rudy, I really appreciate his competence and understanding of what collectors are looking for.
    How the heck did you get your replacements so quickly, when us people with QC issues from wave 2 of CG/CC are STILL only getting automated replies months later with no real answers in sight? The heck is even going on anymore?

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,174
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbles View Post
    How the heck did you get your replacements so quickly, when us people with QC issues from wave 2 of CG/CC are STILL only getting automated replies months later with no real answers in sight? The heck is even going on anymore?
    Still waiting on a response or solution from my teela in march lol.

    Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior Metalogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Marcos,TX
    Posts
    270
    mine had super minor issues on the corner end - but good enough for me if they are MOC. I may opt to get some collectors grade packaging at BBTS if i decided to get additional MOC and then open these with their minor faults. So they will stay sealed for the time being. But overall look great.

  20. #20
    Heroic Warrior Epicasino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    1,671
    I bought two He-Man figures, one came with a loose harness, and the other one did not. The one that came without a loose harness has yellow hair paint on his left eyebrow... My idea was to keep one MOC and open the other one or give it to my brother. I might get a Skeletor and be done with it, thesw figures are too expensive for this kind of QC. I bought these two figures from different places, the store that sold me the one with the harness in place, told me that 90 out of 100 figures they received had the loose harness issue...

    Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •