Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Entrapta – Hero? Villain? Victim?

You know what could happen...

With Hordak being the only one on Etheria who has.managed to actually feed Entrapta's curiosity and intellect, she might actually fill in as the replacement Big Bad when Hordak is defeated. I could see her be very angry that a genius like Hordak was destroyed by a bunch of "backwater" kingdoms that never understood the tech. Scorpia wasn't interested in being good because the Princesses never treated her as an equal, why not the same with Entrapta?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

"She-Ra's Noelle Stevenson Explains Entrapta Arc and That D&D Episode"

https://www.cbr.com/she-ra-noelle-st...rapta-d-and-d/
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

A universal rule of Cartoon and Hollywood land.

If it has red eyes................ IT IS PURE EVIL .

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    A universal rule of Cartoon and Hollywood land.

If it has red eyes................ IT IS PURE EVIL .
    Your sure about that?

Your sure about that?

Yeah i am pretty for every example you could provide i could counter that with 2 dozen .

Yeah i am pretty for every example you could provide i could counter that with 2 dozen .
    You said it was universal rule, implying that there are no none evil red eyed characters ever.

Whille red eyes are often usualy used to depict evil characters, it is by no means a the only way red eyes are used. Hell there's an entire franchise were most of it's main heroines have red eyes.

Red eyes, take warning.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Maybe the use of "universal" regarding red eyes is inappropriate.. maybe " most of the time" or "commonly" are better suited for red eyes are evil character description.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

I love Entrapta, she's my favorite character in this show. Her exuberance makes me laugh and while it sucks she's working with the Horde I understand why she would. The Horde gives her access to First Ones tech and that has been what she's been about.
    Entrapta is a teenager who has basically been alone all her life outside of her servants and her robots, but it's left her with no ability to recognize context clues or understand basic social interaction. Her life is her work and she doesn't seem to recognize the danger inherent in what she's doing.
    I'm not entirely certain Entrapta understands the concept of death. She's super intelligent but incredibly naive and immature and honestly, it's why I can't help but like her. She gets an amazing amount of joy out of science but the problem comes from her inability to not go to dangerous links in her studies.

I wonder if we'll see a moment in the future when she comes face to face with the consequences of her actions and for the first time realize how far over the line she has gone? I'm thinking that might be Entrapta's arc. She could go further evil but she seems far to innocent a person for that.

Either way, Entrapta and Scorpia are my two absolute favorites. But not Kyle, poor sad dolt.
    Just cause your taller, don't pick on those smaller. Says Popeye the Sailor Man. toot toot

Totally Dyslexic
    The way the writers write her she clearly has no clue what horrors and dangers her invention are causing.

And that´s deliberate if you girls and guys ask me.

It makes it easier for the viewer to accept her back into the rebels princess fun club. Since she is written as such an innocent person she can´t be evil and has to be forgiven and welcome back. Why learn from consequences?

Since most people forgive Cersie Lannister every cruel thing she did, her end was so tragic poor thing(that´s sarcasm i´m using here)....it will be easy for everyone to forgive Entrapta that she almost destroyed Brightmoon and her improvements on the horde tech are out to kill her former friends. Which she easily replaced with new ones and does´t miss at all. But to be fair she only knew the other princesses and Bow for only a few weeks tops.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Gentlemen let us consider a far greater tragedy

Entrapta,s unforgivable sin of consorting with dark science has cast a terrible cloud of shame upon the once proud and noble dwarves of Etheria . Her kin folk did not deserve this .
    Last edited by Lokus; June 12, 2019 at 07:41pm.

Sorry if I'm repeating stuff people have said before, my online time is limited and I can't read the entire thread to make sure.

But here's my take.

"Entrapta: Hero? Victim? Villain?" She is none of these things. She is just Entrapta. She does what she does, possibly not considering such things as heroes or villains and perhaps not even realizing they are things to be considered. I'm not sure whether to say this is like a kitten, or whether its like an alien who doesn't think like you or I. She's just outside of our concepts.

I have to also say though she might end up ultimately being a good thing. The feeling I got was she was one of the first people who genuinely connected with Hordak on a level anything other than master and servant. He seems to actually like her in a way he didn't like Cattra or Shadow Weaver. Something good has to come of that.

At least, that's what I, as someone raised on Classic He-Man and She-Ra, would think (remember the episode "Peril of Whispering Woods?")
    Visit my blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I saw that people seem to enjoy her new characterization. Her new personality seems to connect with people.

I´m not one of those people and i simply do not get her. Some people say they think she has some kind of autism. Has that been confirmed somewhere?

Her voice isn´t resonating with me as well. That shrieking and yelling makes it almost impossible for me to listen to her.

But the most annoying thing for me is the way they animate her hair. Instead of hair streaks the animators decided to translate the ponytails like extra arms with actual hands. Her hair is forming hands with fingers. Unlike before or the way Marvels Medusa uses her hair. The way they chose to use them reminds me more of Marvels Doctor Octopus tentacles with their robotic fingers.
    Her hair does´t feel like hair to me and therefor losing it´s purpose.

The way she got left behind felt very forced as well and Entrapta all of a sudden decides to stay put. Ten minutes before that she was running around ignoring her friends and the mission but all of a sudden she can focus for days?!? The whole thing felt very convenient for the people who knew Entrapta had been a true villain before and not a left behind by her friends victim.

I hate that she feels like a victim now and the Horde is simply using her. Pretending to be friends with her. Scorpia is just dump and also used by the Horde...that whole friends thing isn't working for me as well but that´s different topic.
    Well Entrapa is basically influenced by Marvel's Medusa in some ways with similar powers and all.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Well Entrapa is basically influenced by Marvel's Medusa in some ways with similar powers and all.
    Not really, if you ask me.

Entrapta was was created for the POP toy line. She wears a shiny outfit to lure people close and once close enough hair powerful hair would trap them.

Medusa has lose red hair, Entrapta was created with two colored pink and purple braids. Which were longer than everyone elses and since every doll had very long hair already she needed to have super long hair.

FILMATIONs coloring changed Medusas two colored hair into red hair (FILMATIONs favorite hair color for woman). This version sure looks similar to Medusa with her light purple outfit and red hair but that´s not the way she was intended to look.

The new series changed Entrapta completely but take most references from FILMATION if you ask me.

Entrapta and Medusa in the beginning had similar powers but didn´t look very much a like.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Entrapta is a highly intelligent accomplished scientist . I am not sure she can hide behind the insanity plea when the Law catches up to her .

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Entrapta is a highly intelligent accomplished scientist . I am not sure she can hide behind the insanity plea when the Law catches up to her .
    Sure, but what judicial system would be there in place in order to judge her, eventually?

Probably, the single greatest weakness of the show is that Noelle and her team made a superb job at writing deep, complex main characters, out of what previously were little more than sketchy personality hints (such as Catra previously being basically just "a bad girl who is jealous of Adora"), but seem not to have put as much effort into depicting a credible world at large.

This is something that almost every incarnation of MotU so far has suffered from, mind you. Almost never have "real" armies been depicted in battle—battles being almost always between a reduced group of main characters plus a few expendable filler troops (most often "ethically-killable" robots). Even when crowds would be expected to have been depicted in certain scenes and circumstances, we usually only got to see a very reduced group of people (e.g, when Angella is publicly reprimanding Glimmer inside Brightmoon's big main hall and She-Ra appears to make her pledge, not even a dozen people are actually present there; or more clearly, when Hordak is about to publicly punish Catra in front of, supposedly, the bulk of his armies, as this assembly is supposed to serve as a stark warning to them, the scene only depicts about twenty people in total and most of the throne room's large space is shown surprisingly empty). Also, very few information has ever been given about the way society actually works around and outside the reduced group of people and events on the spotlight. And the panorama view of Brightmoon consists of basically the main (exaggeratedly, out-of-proportions, big) castle plus a few adjacent buildings, not anywhere near what a real capital city (or even a sizeable town) would look by any standard. Plus Etheria and Eternia are always referred to as planets, but the distances and times involved to get from one place to another during the "action" have always been ridiculously reduced (as if the whole planet's surface had the size of, say, Rhode Island).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog