Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Why He-Man Is "Not on the Table" for Netflix's 'She-Ra' Reboot"

Is there an official press release confirming a season 2 ?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Is there an official press release confirming a season 2 ?
    They've officially stated there will be 50+ episodes
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Oh there is plenty of shows about heroes fighting villains in a fantasy setting . They actually have writers and producers who put those shows before their own personal beliefs and social views . SHE RA was an amazing icon and example of empowered femininity possibly even more so than Wonder Woman and that was spitefully stripped from her . It is okay to be both a successful and beautiful woman with an hourglass figure .

Things like this have consequences , for example NO SEASON 2 ? , NO TOYS ? . Probably already happened .

I have yet to see Netflix committing to a season 2 or Mattel producing anything . Congrats Mikey , you won
    Yeah they're really pushing their gay agenda with a pair of glorified extras (sarcasm).

Wow that was a genius response. You totally nailed it bro (sarcasm) . News Flash. Guys like seeing 2 girls kissing on screen .

If someone makes a " Whats , your beef with this show thread " , I might list some reasons but it will have nothing to do with a pair of minor characters who already had some sort of relationship in the 80,s . I think you are the only person thinking about Net and Spin , you keep using them as an example .

Just because i like this show and would like see it continue , does not mean i have to like everything about it . I can fully enjoy this show regardless of whatever you think i am moaning about .
    Last edited by Lokus; January 16, 2019 at 03:00am.

Wow that was a genius response. You totally nailed it bro (sarcasm) . News Flash. Guys like seeing 2 girls kissing on screen .

If someone makes a " Whats , your beef with this show thread " , I might list some reasons but it will have nothing to do with a pair of minor characters who already had some sort of relationship in the 80,s . I think you are the only person thinking about Net and Spin , you keep using them as an example .

Just because i like this show and would like see it continue , does not mean i have to like everything about it . I can fully enjoy this show regardless of whatever you think i am moaning about .
    My point is that people on both sides argue about the LGBTQ stuff as if it's some huge part of the show when in reality it's barely even a factor in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dalek View Post
    My point is that people on both sides argue about the LGBTQ stuff as if it's some huge part of the show when in reality it's barely even a factor in the show.
    I know I'm happy with the new series, with or without the LGBTQ aspects.

I have to ask though, without getting into Tar Swamp territory, why do people (and said "guys" especially) only like seeing two girls kissing on screen, a kiss between two people in love (a heterosexual or a homosexual couple) is beautiful regardless of who and what gender is doing the kissing.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I do not need He-Man or Adam. However if/when (and they probably should eventually) get around to where Adora comes from, I can not see a way to do it satisfyingly if Eternia and her original family is not a part of it. If it is even so much as referenced, that is fine. But if they completely ignore the Eternia connection, (which they already have not), and/or ignore her origins, (which to date they are setting up what looks like an Eternian Origin to me with the flashbacks/baby kidnap) AND ignore what and where Grayskull is, (again, it's already shown to be at least something) I have a very hard time believing that.

This does not neccessitate He-Man or Adam specifically appearing as a character. But if this show lasts, and if they explore her origins, they have to at least include him like how Supergirl includes Superman. He shows up, he is referenced, but the writers do a fantastic job of showing him as a supporting character and not overshadowing Supergirl.

I expect, eventually, at least an explination of who she is and where she is from, if not actually exploring it.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I do not need He-Man or Adam. However if/when (and they probably should eventually) get around to where Adora comes from, I can not see a way to do it satisfyingly if Eternia and her original family is not a part of it. If it is even so much as referenced, that is fine. But if they completely ignore the Eternia connection, (which they already have not), and/or ignore her origins, (which to date they are setting up what looks like an Eternian Origin to me with the flashbacks/baby kidnap) AND ignore what and where Grayskull is, (again, it's already shown to be at least something) I have a very hard time believing that.

This does not neccessitate He-Man or Adam specifically appearing as a character. But if this show lasts, and if they explore her origins, they have to at least include him like how Supergirl includes Superman. He shows up, he is referenced, but the writers do a fantastic job of showing him as a supporting character and not overshadowing Supergirl.

I expect, eventually, at least an explination of who she is and where she is from, if not actually exploring it.
    I agree. I don't need He-Man to show up in the series - after all this show is about She-Ra; I'm happy for her to learn she has a family and where she's from. I think it'll be legitimately cool for Adora to realise that she is, in fact, a princess from birth
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post

My thoughts exactly, its She-Ra's turn this time and age, but just a cameo or a reference to the Power of Grayskull / Hordak's rebel student would be very fun to incorporate into this peculiar animated universe and series. After all 200x completely ignored all of Etheria and the Rebellion part from the classic myth so it would make sense for Netflix's reboot do their own thing

On a second thought, I know legally are two separate IPs but realistically how come She-Ra may have legs to stand on its own without an He-Man reference / without mentioning the fundamental relationship she has with her twin brother Adam for 4 seasons? plus The She-Ra would be just wasted to fight the Horde solely on Etheria, she's destined to fight them and more Evil across all parts of the Universe! heck! she's still the most powerful woman in the Universe or you confirm solely just in the one created by Stevenson & crew? any hint?

I only hope it will succeed among new generations. Just that. If not we RIOT lol
    Last edited by Triklops 1; January 19, 2019 at 06:34pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Heroic Warrior
    I don't like that Noelle Stevenson decided He-Man will not be a part of the story. Not because I'm a great He-Man fan, I always liked She-Ra better but because he is part of Adora´s origins. Adora is Princess Adora from Eternia, daughter of Randor and Marlena and sister to Prince Adam. I don't want that to change. Sometimes we wish we are not who we are but we would miss our real parents or the people that we call family, they are part of who we are. If they don't wanna show He-Man, ok, just say Prince Adam is on a mission off world and show a picture of him hanging in some hall of the Eternian Palace. But to change everything? I don't like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadobr View Post
    I don't like that Noelle Stevenson decided He-Man will not be a part of the story. Not because I'm a great He-Man fan, I always liked She-Ra better but because he is part of Adora´s origins. Adora is Princess Adora from Eternia, daughter of Randor and Marlena and sister to Prince Adam. I don't want that to change. Sometimes we wish we are not who we are but we would miss our real parents or the people that we call family, they are part of who we are. If they don't wanna show He-Man, ok, just say Prince Adam is on a mission off world and show a picture of him hanging in some hall of the Eternian Palace. But to change everything? I don't like that.
    I don't think Noelle is erasing He-Man from the She-Ra mythos, just indicating that he won't necessarily be appearing in the new show like he did in the old one. Grayskull and Eternia clearly are still very much part of the new cartoon. I'm willing to bet Adora will learn of her family and brother closer to the series finale...
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    I don't think Noelle is erasing He-Man from the She-Ra mythos, just indicating that he won't necessarily be appearing in the new show like he did in the old one. Grayskull and Eternia clearly are still very much part of the new cartoon. I'm willing to bet Adora will learn of her family and brother closer to the series finale...
    Yeah that is the same impression I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I don't think He-Man would fit well with the Netflix She-Ra, so I am fine about that. I don't think the creative people behind the new cartoon get how to present a non-comical, heroic, human male. Mattel said at Power-Con that He-Man would not be in it.
    I am happy to hear that. I am not a fan of the way men seem to be portrayed in a lot of new media. Men are not bumbling oafs - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.