Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new theory is that we've already seen Prince Adam on Etheria & I'm sticking to it!

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeMGH View Post
    dunno, the guy and i are speculating and we only hear unreasonable replies. That is really unpolite
    Nothing wrong with speculating. As title of the thread says, "my new theory"... theories work only when put to the test by peers.

You yourself brought in a different canon into the speculation. Which is acceptable, as long as you address it. Otherwise someone could just
    as easily speculate "Hey remember in one Filmation episode Skeletor took one look at He-Man and screamed IT'S YOU!!! That must mean he recognized He-Man
    as his nephew because wasn't Skeletor his uncle in 80s?"
    (a sentence that mixes memory of something, with canons that are established not to occur at same time, with a "my theory is" in the mix. You see what I mean?)

"Kyle" was the original name for Bow. The original bow could transform into his fighting self like He-man/She-ra.

So we have a kid, who looks like Adam, with the original name of someone who used to to transform into a powerful being.

: /
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    "Bow" was Kyle's nickname according to the MOTUC bio. He never transformed at all.
    Last edited by Jukka; January 16, 2019 at 03:57pm.
    He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Nothing wrong with speculating. As title of the thread says, "my new theory"... theories work only when put to the test by peers.

You yourself brought in a different canon into the speculation. Which is acceptable, as long as you address it. Otherwise someone could just
    as easily speculate "Hey remember in one Filmation episode Skeletor took one look at He-Man and screamed IT'S YOU!!! That must mean he recognized He-Man
    as his nephew because wasn't Skeletor his uncle in 80s?"
    (a sentence that mixes memory of something, with canons that are established not to occur at same time, with a "my theory is" in the mix. You see what I mean?)
    in a show every is planned and given some clues for the viewer to speculate deduce new content.

steven universe is the biggest example, also gravity falls and not to mention the long running "the venture brothers"

I just happened to pick the clues

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    And just as another very diligent fan can easily rebuttle that "transforming Bow whose original name is Kyle supports my theory on different canon"... it just means the clues didn't fully support it after all.

Now if you consider it as fodder for a fan-fiction story. That's great. As long as that is acknowledged.

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Widget
    yeah, like when they named "action johnny" to johnny quest in venture brothers but no one ever speculated he could be the original johnny quest...which turned out to be.

old canon sometimes is used as a clue to future events, not as something that already happened.

although, in your defense, there was another "kyle" in the original series, but he was waaay younger than Adora and had a brother.
    But this kyle does not come even closer.

in a show every is planned and given some clues for the viewer to speculate deduce new content.

steven universe is the biggest example, also gravity falls and not to mention the long running "the venture brothers"

Sometimes red curtains in a room are just red curtains in the room. People might try and read into things that aren't really there.

Maybe your theory could be true. All I'm doing is disputing the evidence you've given. Some of it is a real stretch. Some of it is just false.
    We can’t pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didn’t work. - Pete Buttigieg

Widget
    they aren't gonna be that obvious if they wanna keep it a secret
    Sometimes red curtains in a room are just red curtains in the room. People might try and read into things that aren't really there.

Maybe your theory could be true. All I'm doing is disputing the evidence you've given. Some of it is a real stretch. Some of it is just false.
    tell that to the guy who discovered jar jar binks as the sith lord.

If they did not have the rights to He man they would have said so long ago. instead, they already designed him as a test and are referencing MOTU stuff beyond She ra's lore.

what I take, again, is that when dreamworks bought the rights, they had to put he man as well as Mattel have he man in high standards and wants him to reboot somehow. They even making a movie. Dreamworks agreed and "kyle" is there as part of the contract.

Think about the legal battle between spiderman, sony and disney

Sony was allowed to use MCU spiderman for homecoming but to install MCU elements there.

believe me, these deals always come tricky.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    okay gonna make it simple

Dreamworks may be obbligled to put he-man there but the showrunners really did not want to, so kyle being secretly he man is acceptable for Mattel. If Heman did not exist, why mention his home and the castle of greyskull?

why would a showrunner desing him "just in case" if he were never to appear?

why the producer did not directly say she can't put heman?

what i say is, when two companies make a deal, there are things that are put as a condition for the buying company to make the cut.

I just looked into the existing facts inside the show and what the crew members said and showed to the internet.

- - - Updated - - -

to be honest, the moment they announce he man would appear, it would be a superman/supergirl situation all over again.

tell that to the guy who discovered jar jar binks as the sith lord
    Yeah that's awesome how his fan theory has never been proven to be anywhere near correct. But now we can all watch those episodes knowing the truth. That doofus on screen is the most dangerous being in the universe

- - - Updated - - -

okay gonna make it simple

Dreamworks may be obbligled to put he-man there but the showrunners really did not want to, so kyle being secretly he man is acceptable for Mattel. If Heman did not exist, why mention his home and the castle of greyskull?

why would a showrunner desing him "just in case" if he were never to appear?

why the producer did not directly say she can't put heman?
    So there's no way Kyle could be a side character with the writers having the intent of him being his own story? I can't believe you haven't mentioned how Rogelio keeps helping/carrying him around without realizing Rogelio IS Battle Cat.

Your eyes are open but you just can't see....
    We can’t pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didn’t work. - Pete Buttigieg

Widget
    Yeah that's awesome how his fan theory has never been proven to be anywhere near correct. But now we can all watch those episodes knowing the truth. That doofus on screen is the most dangerous being in the universe

- - - Updated - - -

So there's no way Kyle could be a side character with the writers having the intent of him being his own story? I can't believe you haven't mentioned how Rogelio keeps helping/carrying him around without realizing Rogelio IS Battle Cat.

Your eyes are open but you just can't see....
    a guy who looks like he man and is constanly helped by a green guy? like battlecat? NO WAY!

As for star wars, The actor of jar jar and even George Lucas himself agreed that it was a good theory and that they were happy some planned elements came to light.

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    As we've learned of Mattel's plans for He-Man to have his own animated series from Powerhouse Animation, as well as confirming netflix She-Ra is not connected to He-Man on twitter, shows that there was nothing in this "theory" to back it up in the end. (could be even more far-fetched though, like how recently someone edited a wiki page to claim Queen Marlena in Filmation was russian. Yikes)

I still firrmly believe He-Man could do totally make a special appereance in SPOP, because there can totally be multiverses being told thru media, tv shows in this case, by having cohexist a more anime look plus a more kiddified Adam next to Bow and Sea Hawk.

It is not necessary but it would be cool plus help sell the series, getting more promotion and press coverage increase.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

2002/DC He-Man Video guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    I still firrmly believe He-Man could do totally make a special appereance in SPOP, because there can totally be multiverses being told thru media,
    Well not so much He-Man in SPOP.

BUT there is the DC Comics "He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse" coming. Maybe SPOP version of She-Ra might make an appearance there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well not so much He-Man in SPOP.

BUT there is the DC Comics "He-Man and the Masters of the Multiverse" coming. Maybe SPOP version of She-Ra might make an appearance there?
    I hope not

but anyway who owns now publishing media rights for SPOP? No comic book series has yet been announced (just scholastic books for kids), sure Netflix's Voltron got something, unfortunately I think DC comics will not be involved if a tie-in series will ever be released.
    It's a possibilty but I think this fall's Multiverse series will pertain only to classic Filmation He-man, New Adventure, the 1987 movie, will possibly making use of the MOTUC canon and mix some 200x myth (i.e. Calix and Faceless One with Carnivus making appereances to name a few) and why not add some Despara from the Eternity War saga from some years ago.
    Last edited by Triklops 1; August 24, 2019 at 07:25pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

If anything, Kyle is more likely to be Mantenna than He-Man. From what I've seen, Kyle only exists just to be the butt of everyone's jokes...just like Waspinator in Beast Wars: Transformers.

Widget

Adam found

Stevenson's latest interview. 20191107_211430.jpg20191107_211430.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And It shows...32fa695.jpg

You meant to say Kyle found yes ?

Stevenson's latest interview.

And It shows...
    It shows that you are reading into something that is not there. She states explicitly in this interview that Kyle is an original creation of this series to play with the traditional hero trope. He exists only as a contrast to Adora. He is not Adam.

Widget
    See this face and tell me he could not be he-man.
    32fa695-1.jpg

See this face and tell me he could not be he-man.
    He is not He-Man.