Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eternos Palace playset support thread

Mod Note

Please stay on topic and keep the discussion about the playset and not the creator or other forums/web sites. We are all fans regardless of where we post and everyone deserves the same level of civility and respect. Thank you.

Bring on MYP Sorceress! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I would love to see this Eternos Palace concept get made! I think that there is very little wasted space in this set. Another possibility would be to sell a courtyard extension piece separately to extend the Palace a little more.
    MYP Sorceress is a MUST HAVE figure for MOTUC!

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Would love if we ever could expect getting this one someday
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe a Mega Construx version.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Maybe a Mega Construx version.
    Would rather Classics I do not collect Mega Construx
    But anyway I think that is only a dream...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    A palace just like the mockup would be awesome! In fact, I think it might be the only big playset I would be willing to pay the likely expensive price of after Grayskull and Snake Mountain.

Heroic Warrior
    [QUOTE=hadley;3820312]
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Why?
    The kitchen maybe (as it's there mainly for Chef Allen). But Orko's Bedroom is one of the most iconic rooms in the Palace, featured prominently in several episodes, and his bed design is just insanely cool.

(Note the playset mock-up doesn't portray his true bed design correctly.)

Speaking on behalf of myself alone, the filmation cartoon isnít my favorite version of MOTU, and those items are hyper specific to that version. But I get your point, this version of the palace would be straight from the show, so it makes sense to lean into it.

I never noticed that Orkoís mattress is a gnarled up reproduction of his hand. That ups the creep factor pretty considerably. Filmation always did nail environment design.

Stuart is a hell of an artist and I love his designs, but I donít see how this one would work in 3D space. The left exterior/right interior in particular. It had to be wide enough on the outside for several figures and the wind raider, and wide enough on the inside for several sky sleds... itíd have to be like 18 inches thick while open! The again maybe the snake mountain latest would be that thick and Iím just a naysayer.

But if it was mine to design, Iíd simplify a tad. The left interior would be devoted to the throne room and the right interior would be devoted to Duncanís lab.
    Eternos Palace barely factors into non-Filmation takes. I donít particularly see where it has as much appeal to non-Filmation fans but perhaps you could try to explain it.

That said, it might be better all around to look at Eternos as a VINTAGE line playset first because it is a gap there and could be manufactured more cheaply. MOTUC collectors are going to have more of a cash and space drain after Snake Mountain.

In my head, a better and easier approach to a MOTUC playset in the short run which might have more appeal to the diverse types of MOTU fans Classics brings in would be a retool of Snake Mountain inspired by the original playsetís design as a jungle adventure playset. Jungle Adventure lends itself to taking cues from all MOTU sources and requires less effort.

Like I say, I see Eternos primarily and chiefly as a Filmation setting but maybe you could explain what its appeal is to you as a non-Filmation fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    Would rather Classics I do not collect Mega Construx
    But anyway I think that is only a dream...
    Hey, I'd LOVE a Classics version, I just see a Mega Construx version getting made before we got a MOTUC one! More realistic, I think.

I collect both lines...much to the dismay of my wife!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.