Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Super 7 Club Grayskull Wave 4 - pre-order info

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    It doesn't matter that you live in CA the shipping chart is the same for everyone in the United States $210.00-$350.00 is $30.00 shipping
    Meanwhile, I just paid about $15 shipping to the 4H store for 3 HUGE figures + 2 army builders. Something is definitely rotten in Denmark. The 4H even pack better.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; January 7, 2019 at 11:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    That's my point - payment plan is $30 shipping but if I pay directly to Super 7 it's $11.07 for the set, this takes away some of advantage of doing the payment plan.
    I am fine with the fee of $10 but to increase the shipping $19 is pretty lame.

BBTS doesn't offer a payment plan - true but, I also will have at least 6 months before spending any money compared to making a payment today and over the next 2 months to save $22.
    Also, I would probably get the figures sooner through BigBad then Super 7
    Just saying
    No I was quoting the new Supe7 shipping Its not the company doing the payment plan its Super7

Last edited by mjw41; January 8, 2019 at 12:12am.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I wonder how the Heads of Eternia pack 200X Roboto head would look on that Roboto. Maybe I'll order a second one.

Roboto and Kittrina look good.

Adam looks good but the reuse of the He-Man head is bland. I was hoping for another trade mark facial expression. His smirk would have ben great.

Shadow Weaver looks dead sexy! Great Job!

Modulock looks like he should

Stratos looks he should but man does he have a look on his face like he just fell off the short bus.
    Last edited by MJOLNIR; January 7, 2019 at 10:45pm.

Heroic Warrior
    No I was qoating the new Supe7 shipping Its not the company doing the payment plan its Super7
    Super 7 Shipping.PNG I never said that it wasn't Super 7 charging the shipping - I was merely comparing the difference in the shipping cost using the 2 methods of purchasing they are providing.
    As you can see in my image, it clearly doesn't follow the chart you are looking at

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    No. Super 7 is moving towards sculpted armor on the filmation figures. Hordak. Chopper. Spikor Fisto and now stratos. I suspect itís too reduce the issue of bulky armors people complained about like with Seahawk and second it harkens back to the nostalgia of how figures used to have everything sculpted into them.
    And it looks a lot better imo. New Wave looks great. I'm in
    Happy Holidays, everyone!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Comparison with their Classics counterpart
    https://i561.photobucket.com/albums/...666/Daniel.jpg
    After seeing these pictures I was very surprised that all these Filmation versions look much better !! 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    Also, I would probably get the figures sooner through BigBad then Super 7
    Just saying
    Nope you will get them from Super 7 LONG before BBTS. Believe me that is one of the main advantages of ordering from Super 7.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    PS - For those that have used the Payment Plan in the past, how does it work?
    Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    You will be taken through Partial.ly which is how Super 7 does the payment plan. Just sign up with an email and password and what card you want to use for the payment plan. You will just pay one third of the total today and then you will be charged again on Feb 7 and once more on March 7. It does tack on a 5% fee which is around $10.50 but to be able to split up the payments to me is worth it.
    Thanks so much for the explanation.
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Heroic Warrior
    If you figure that Shadow Weaver still looks to be going for around or over $200+ for the exclusive, if someone was not able to get her in CC but also liked some of the other figures in this lineup, it balances out on the whole because no one selling her on Ebay would offer you a payment plan...
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Basically we have around 25 variants for Club Grayskull sub.

Do not forget to vote for them in this poll thread to select your most wanted figures !

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...26#post3818826

Heroic Warriors

- Orko and Cringer
    - Ram man
    - Mekanek
    - Buzz off
    - Zodac
    - Syklone
    - Moss man
    - Snout spout
    - Rokkon and stonedar

Evil Warriors

- Whiplash
    - Webstor
    - Kobra Kahn
    - Two bad
    (- Count Marzo )

Horde

- Leech
    - Rattlor
    - Horde trooper
    - Multibot

Rebellion

- Adora
    - Bow
    - Catra with her cat form
    - Entrapta
    - Glimmer
    - Frosta

Thanks to Zodac666 for this image
    Last edited by bObA_fEtt_Ox; January 8, 2019 at 06:06am.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Heroic Warrior
    I’d add Angela and icer has Perfuma is pretty different from her earlier version

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I’d add Angela and ice. Perfuma is pretty different from her earlier version
    I think some POP could be added indeed, but imo except Adora, Bow because they are the main characters and Catra because her cat form essentially, I really doubt they will make another POP figures.

Maybe Entrapta because a completely different color scheme.

I hope they will make Rock warriors to fit well with Granita

Just pre-ordered Shadow Weaver & Kittrina on BBTS.

Kittrina is ok...certainly nothing special. I also wish she was in CC. I'll buy her since she is a new character.

The rest look good, but I don't need them.

For those thinking its cheaper to go though BBTS their Club Grayskull wave 4 preorder for the full set of 6 for $284.99 and then their $4.00 Flat rate shipping = $288.99

Order through Super7 for the full set of 6 is $210.00 plus $30.00 shipping in the United states and with the 3 month payment plan through Partial.ly with their 5% service fee is a total of $250.10

For a savings of $38.89 over BBTS

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Court Magician
    Iíd add Angela and icer has Perfuma is pretty different from her earlier version
    Ive been trying to fill in these ranks myself and since Leech was left out this time I made my own

Nicely done !

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Iím glad Kittrina isnít overly detailed it would have detracted from her sleek design.

Cornboy said in a Facebook comment that Modulokís neck extension is removable so you can do the single head like in the cartoon.
    I've always maintained that I preferred the "Classicized" versions of the Filmation originals. I've also always preferred to have original characters in the main Classics line, with only variants or previously released characters in Classics appearing in Club Grayskull.

However I can appreciate the differences do not outweigh the value in having Filmation accurate Filmation original characters releasing in Club Grayskull, thus releasing more original characters and freeing up a spot in Classics for something else that would not make sense releasing otherwise.

So it's a win. She looks great. I want her.

As to Modulok's neck (which was what I originally was going to reply to you about) that is great news! I think it's super cool to have a connector piece to do this with since he did possess that second head in the show though I do not remember him doing anything other than hold it. I think the neck connector is hideous, which I suppose is appropriate for a freakish monstrosity like Modulock. I am glad to have it though i will in all probability never use it.

So who can provide an image that shows that he was actually depicted with that hideous neck and 2 heads in a filmation design? I feel like there must be some storybook picture or magazine comic or something that utilized that, that they got the design from somewhere. Maybe not, but there is the challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    KITTRINA!!! #1 off my want list!!!!

(Come on, S7 - get me Kayo, King Miro and some Twiggets in CC, and you'll be golden in my eyes! )
    I say this every wave with Super 7 Collectors choice, but King Miro is the most obvious need to make since wave 1. So yet again, I fully expect him in the next CC wave reveal. If not I will be confused, as before, why they are holding him back. He's just gotta be this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth on both counts. I am very excited overall though! Love Shadow Weaver being more red than maroon.
    Ignoring that I never liked the filmation look of the sword (classics version is perfect in my eyes) Adams sword is fine. I just do not see the problem. Looks like it should. I guess I'm blind to it being off somehow? Oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    VERY happy to see new Filmation characters in the Filmation line where they belong. Hoping this frees up slots for non-Filmation characters in Collectorís Choice.

I still think Shadow Weaver should at least come with Light Spinner parts for those of us who are happy with the Classics Shadow Weaver.
    Agree on both points. I think it's safe to say that we are not getting Light Spinner bits, but I agree that would have been great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    What was with that over-sized looking package from a few days ago? Was that somehow involved with this reveal or is that still to come and if so when?
    I still have not seen this package people are talking about. Link? Pic? explination?

Heroic Warrior
    For those thinking its cheaper to go though BBTS their Club Grayskull wave 4 preorder for the full set of 6 for $284.99 and then their $4.00 Flat rate shipping = $288.99

Order through Super7 for the full set of 6 is $210.00 plus $30.00 shipping in the United states and with the 3 month payment plan through Partial.ly with their 5% service fee is a total of $250.10

For a savings of $38.89 over BBTS
    Depending on where you live, the savings could be a lot different
    I live in CA - BigBad doesn't charge sales tax for CA so 288.99 is correct

But the payment plan is $266.57 for me because the sales tax being charged is $15.23
    so the savings is only $22.42 compared to BigBad

If I pay one payment to Super 7 - I am only paying $236.30
    so the savings is $52.69 compared to BigBad, but I have to pay the whole thing right away

2019-01-08_0919.png 2019-01-08_0927.png
    Last edited by Powersword123; January 8, 2019 at 01:11pm.

Exactly. I have the Subscription Shadow Weaver, but this one is different enough that I'll be getting her with the wave of 6. I'm also glad shes going to be available to those who wanted her but could never afford her secondary market price.
    Same ditto. I am surprised that she looks as different as she does. I love my Shadow Weaver, but you know what? I really like the way this one looks and articulates, so far as the image allows. Unfortunately that means I want it.

Side note: Wonder if she is freestanding on her dress, or if she has an elevator piece like the previous. Image not clear on that detail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zodac666 View Post
    Here's a mockup with the single head and also a shorter neck for the 2 heads. Dont know why they went with the "giraffe" neck lol

https://i561.photobucket.com/albums/...66/modulok.jpg
    Wow, your mock-up just proved to me that weird "giraffe" neck is actually a good choice. It's so off putting and monstrous it makes the more basic Filmation design more reminiscent of something more truly hideous like the original figure.

Glad you did this. I'm convinced it was an exciting and unique approach and I approve. I'm still not using the dang thing, my Modulock (provided I get my hands on one) is going to be strictly single head appearance, as in toon. However over time I may end up making that monster after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tumalu View Post
    This.
    First Montork and Dree Elle, now Kittrina..big slap in the face of MOTUC long time MOC collectors.
    6 more CG figures and still zero news on CC.
    Not to mention horrible CS and prices skyrocketing.
    I want Toyguru back!
    Side note: I too miss Toyguru and boy would I love for him to be involved again.

To your point I'm afraid I have to disagree. It is a gross overstatement to declare that it is a slap in the face. I, as I said elsewhere and time and again, prefer the Classics asthetic. Like super totally definately. However this move makes perfect sense if one is rational and not motivated by personal bias blinders. So even if it not to our particular liking (I for one have no problem putting the Filmation unique characters in my Classics display though again, I prefer them "Classicized") does not mean it is not the correct choice, or obvious really.

We'll get our Classics reveal in Toyfare. We already know this.

As to CS & Prices...well I had one experience with Super 7 Customer service and while it was not ...fast or fun? it got resolved. Good enough but yeah, I hear you. Prices? well yeah, $35 a pop is ruff, but it is also not news. Been this way. So...I dont see the skyrocket?

But yeah, Toyguru is sorely missed. Brian is really charismatic and funny. I really like him too.

Widget
    I'm really glad they are using Club Grayskull spots for characters like Dree-Elle/Montork and Kittrina.

I liked getting Dylamug and Hawke, but their figures really could have fit right into a Club Grayskull spot. Since Club Grayskull appears to be the stronger line (in terms of sales) I'd rather they continue to use Collector's Choice slots for all the non-Filmation characters that can still get made from sources like the Mini-Comics or New Adventures and work characters like General Tataran or Melaktha into the Club Grayskull slots.

At this point I feel like the line is on "bonus time" and every new figure, no matter the aesthetic is a treat we never expected to see as we faced the end of things in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    But yeah, Toyguru is sorely missed. Brian is really charismatic and funny. I really like him too.
    I find Brian's videos tiresome, I quite watching those news updates. All the silliness and sound effects and [as much as I love it]-the Batman sound effect every few seconds. TG was a bit of a nerd but [i am too :-)] I dug that, honestly I feel that TG is more of a genuine fan/collector so i found his videos a but more informative & fun.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Same ditto. I am surprised that she looks as different as she does. I love my Shadow Weaver, but you know what? I really like the way this one looks and articulates, so far as the image allows. Unfortunately that means I want it.

Side note: Wonder if she is freestanding on her dress, or if she has an elevator piece like the previous. Image not clear on that detail.
    They Don't Show her stand that gives her illusion of floating, but I shot a PM to Brian Flynn asking him about this and he said yes Shadow weaver comes with a stand.

BF is a genuinely awesome guy. He has been the most humble and kind person I’ve ever met. He is a celebrity to me and his down-to-earth attitude makes me feel so comfortable. I honestly feel he holds the future of MOTUC in high esteem. I’m convinced you will all love the CC reveals next month.

New poll for remaining CG figures:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...L-figures-2019

Welcome to my Shapeways shop (Filmation inspired heads and accessories)
    http://www.shapeways.com/shops/eternalcustoms
    My facebook page:
    https://m.facebook.com/eternalcustoms
    Most Wanted MOTUC: Melaktha, Kittrina, King Helios, Colossor, Zilora, Dragoon

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Spaceman View Post
    One of the main selling points of Classics is that it unifies everything under one banner, with a level of consistency not usually seen in action figures as even the most successful toylines get rebooted and refreshed every few years. It's a shame all of that has been tossed out of the window.
    That was always (basically) the best part of Classics to me. To my eyes the Filmation original characters still fit within classics, easily. As I have mentioned numerous times I do prefer "classicized" but the new guys are still side by side with the old. It's just fine. You stand, oh lets say, Filmation Clawful, Castaspella, Karg, Gwildor, and classics He-Man next to each other, there are definate stylistic differences...but they are minor overall. Again, to my eyes it is super minimal. Classics has always had a huge diversity, as you mention, due to unifying everything under one banner.

I am sorry for people for whom it is immensely noticeable and intolerable. I feel that level of stylistic commitment is akin to willful blindness to the quality, but I also accept my opinion doesnt really matter to someone who is really bothered.

Kinda like though I am sorry for them, I am just glad to have Kitterina, Dylamug, and so forth. They look great, they will (and do) look great in my Classics collection so I guess it really doesnt matter that some people are bothered by the (slight) disparity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Full list of acessories
    Attachment 119013
    So...Modulok has extra hands? To what end? What kind? Maybe he has different number of claw fingers depending on the episode or particular artist from scene to scene? I cannot find the answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I'm happy with all the reveals. Kittrina is a filmation character, so I don't mind getting her here as opposed to Classics. I'd rather have Classics for movie variants and deep cut figures. I would not want to buy two of her, so filmation version is fine with me
    Precisely this.