Thread: Injustice vs MOTU #6 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

2002/DC He-Man Video guy

Injustice vs MOTU #6 | Official Talkback thread (SPOILERS)

INJUSTICE VS MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE
    CURRENT MINI-SERIES

Issue #6 of 6
    "The King of Castle Grayskull"

Writer: Tim Seeley
    Art & Cover: Freddie E. Williams II
    Color: Jeremy Colwell

"He-Man is beset on all sides—by enemies and allies alike. If he helps Superman use the Nexus, he may save Earth from ever falling to injustice. But Skeletor has a marvelous trick up his sleeve! The battle rages, but who will prevail?"

ON SALE JANUARY 2nd 2019

At your local comic shop,
    or digitally via ComiXology or Amazon.

**SPOILERS**

He-Man & She-Ra fan, writer to official Dark Horse MOTU/POP books

· ToonJukka - Youtube Channel with He-Man/She-Ra videos; Origins, Trivia, Top5 lists and more!

Wow

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Solid wrap-up! Wish we had more panels with He-Zam. There was a lot to cover this issue.

On the ending panels:
    - Skeletor appears to have landed on Earth-C-Minus (animal versions of DC Comics heroes and villains) with Feline Faust (Felix Faust's animal counterpart) looking down on him. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Feline_Faust_(Earth-C-Minus)
    - Hordak appears to have recruited Faker, Catra? (or maybe it's someone else), General Zod, Atrocitus, and I'm not sure who the orange haired girl in green is (looks like Jean Grey Phoenix from Marvel Comics)

Heroic Warrior
    Good ending to a really good crossover!

I really liked that Skeletor was kind of "behind" the acquisition or better the transition of Shazam's powers to Adam, which was the winning move, in order to defeat Injustice Superman. There were a lot of good character moments, like when Injustice Superman's hope, changed to rage, when he realized that he can't actually change the course of History, even with all these powers, under his command. Another great point, was the brief but emotional moment between Stratos and his sister Hawke. And i jumped from joy, when He-Man hold the entire ship of Darkseid, preventing it from crash against the defenders! Classic MOTU moment! And of course was a great surprise to learn that Hordak became the leader of the new Red Lanterns team, named Horde Corpse, and became the ruler of Apokolips. Overall Tim Seeley did a great job mixing various parts of both MOTU and DC mythology from New Gods to Shazam, merging them in a way that they worked together amazingly well. The last pages with Zodac were also great. Freddie's art was epic! The only part that could be avoided was Two Bad's cruel end from Supergirl's hands. Apart from this, it was a solid conclusion, to a great crossover, that i could never immagine that could work out so well! Kudos to Tim Seeley and Freddie Williams for the great job! Hopefully Tim will continue to write a new MOTU comic book series! Remaining to be seen what will happen between DC and Mattel, regarding the MOTU licence, after the recent events.
    Last edited by granamyr80; January 2, 2019 at 04:17pm.

Heroic Warrior Beard of Stratos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesmai View Post
    Solid wrap-up! Wish we had more panels with He-Zam. There was a lot to cover this issue.

On the ending panels:
    - Skeletor appears to have landed on Earth-C-Minus (animal versions of DC Comics heroes and villains) with Feline Faust (Felix Faust's animal counterpart) looking down on him. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Feline_Faust_(Earth-C-Minus)
    - Hordak appears to have recruited Faker, Catra? (or maybe it's someone else), General Zod, Atrocitus, and I'm not sure who the orange haired girl in green is (looks like Jean Grey Phoenix from Marvel Comics)
    Agree , would have liked to see a larger battle between superman and the Shazam powered He-Man, but other than that was well done, felt a little rushed to finish but set out many possibilities as to where it may arc next.

Heroic Warrior
    Tim Seeley responded on Twitter that the girl in green with orange hair is Maxima from DC Comics. Apparently I was mistaken about General Zod, that's actually the villain Cyborg Superman. Both Hordak and Atrocitus think they are the boss and there would probably be a power struggle feud eventually between them with this alliance they have formed.

Heroic Warrior
    Tim Seeley responded on Twitter that the girl in green with orange hair is Maxima from DC Comics. Apparently I was mistaken about General Zod, that's actually the villain Cyborg Superman. Both Hordak and Atrocitus think they are the boss and there would probably be a power struggle feud eventually between them with this alliance they have formed.
    The story of Atrocitus, Hordak and the Horde Corps, is something that i would love to see explored in a sequel.

Heroic Warrior Beard of Stratos's Avatar
    As the Thundercats had an arc with Battle of the Planets , will we be seeing a Masters / Battle of the Planets arc next? That would be cool.

The part with Supergirl tearing Two Bad in half is one of those moments where I don't quite get what the point of doing something like that in comics like this is. But other than that, it was fairly good if not a tad rushed. I was happy to see Zodac again at the end.
    But now that we've done this and Thundercats, I'd like Masters Of The Universe to have another run of it's own stories again apart from other properties.

Missed this issue. My store says they haven't got it yet.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I was super impressed with the series. That creative team obviously loves the motu mythos and knows how to move it forward.

I haven't read the injustice comics, but was surprised there were such ramifications for it. Hopefully that means dc is on board with motu's viability and we get more books from them.

Anyone else now jonesing for he-zam and ske-zam figures in the classics line? One can dream....

Court Magician
    LOVED this entire 6 issues series, the art is sooooo darn good, so perfect, and Willaims packed sooo nay characters in each panel, it was truly a joy to read.
    Two bad getting ripped in half was hardcore af, and did Stratos sister Hawk really die for realz?

loved the He-Zam, what are the chances u all think we might get a action figure of He-Zam? would make a groovy SDCC exclusive and ith Shazam film dropping soon, thinkin it might be a realistic wish!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    I was super impressed with the series. That creative team obviously loves the motu mythos and knows how to move it forward.

Anyone else now jonesing for he-zam and ske-zam figures in the classics line? One can dream....
    yessssssss!! I can totally see He-Zam happening, but Ske-Zam is more less likely, however a two pack would obviously be best route to complete such a dream! hope it happens, they were righteous new costumes!