Thread: Season 2 Speculations

Totally Dyslexic

Season 2 Speculations

Season 1 gave us some glimpse into the future and the voice cast mentioned things like Bows dads and other stuff.

So there is a lot of things that could happen.

What are you guys are hoping and wishing for?

Let the speculation begin
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I would like to see Peekablue, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Double Trouble, The Star Sisters, and since Grizzlor was awesome, I would also like to see the other Hordesmen (Leech, Mantenna, Modulok, and others) appear in the second season.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Totally Dyslexic
    As much as i want to see Peekablue, i think to many additional characters are not helping the existing characters.

I want Netossa and Spinnerella to be more explored for example and used before new characters are taking away even more air time.

I hope that Bow and Glimmer are becoming an item!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

You know what? Screw it. Just gonna throw caution to the wind and say I want to see more of Imp. I want him to be an actual character with some development over just a plot convenience. I get that the mains were the focus of this season, but if all the characters are gonna get some time to shine, I want Imp to have a his moments too. Seriously he's a fun character and needs to be something more than a mobile recorder.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I'm hoping to see a strong male masculine character introduced. One that's not a bumbling idiot or a coward. Especially if it's one of the Horde.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

‹ber Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I'm hoping to see a strong male masculine character introduced. One that's not a bumbling idiot or a coward. Especially if it's one of the Horde.

Widget
    I'd kinda like to find out more about Mara.

Widget
    this version of she ra is more realistic with hordak. If you are commander in chief, no way you are going to the upfront.

would you call emperor palpatine a coward?

Quote Originally Posted by lukeMGH View Post
    this version of she ra is more realistic with hordak. If you are commander in chief, no way you are going to the upfront.

The trouble is then you have him becoming a do-nothing villain. It might make sense for him to stay off the front lines, but then he never gets a chance to show why the heroines should be afraid of him. A balance has to be struck and, bad as the prequel trilogy was, at least it showed Palpatine wasn't unwilling to get his hands dirty getting what he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Can we please have more than one? And to be honest, we haven't really seen him in action yet, so who knows how he'll be presented later on?

I mean, technically yes. His main power was deceit and manipulation.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

More screentime for Mermista. She really make lasting impression in season 1. Hope that they continue with mixing ancients secrets, problems with power and messy relationships. And some really out of blue cameo would be nice, like Huntara, Dragstor or Wraptrap.
    Will do commissions for loose 200X Evillyn or Roboto. Guarantee: if not happy with pic, no need to send fig!

Widget
    But you do not see palpatine do **** in episode 1 or 2 till 3.
    and still, he is not going to be in the upfront at all.
    the only times he HAD to act was when the fight was brought to him.

So yeah, I expect she-ra or Catra giving him a fight and him to show his superior strengh.

- - - Updated - - -

palpatine was the most powerful sith in star wars canon. The guards and vader are just a cover.

and I would not call those traits "coward". It is strategy.

But you do not see palpatine do **** in episode 1 or 2 till 3.
    and still, he is not going to be in the upfront at all.
    the only times he HAD to act was when the fight was brought to him.

So yeah, I expect she-ra or Catra giving him a fight and him to show his superior strengh.

- - - Updated - - -

palpatine was the most powerful sith in star wars canon. The guards and vader are just a cover.

and I would not call those traits "coward". It is strategy.
    I asked for a male character that's masculine to be introduced. Whether or not Hordak has these qualities remains to be seen but I really wasn't implying that he wasn't. I'm asking for a couple more.

As for Palpatine, I'm also referring to his portrayal in episodes 1 thru 3. He certainly wasn't a front line leader and he had others fight most of his battles for him. He would have died at the hands of Windu if not for interference.

Don't believe that cowardliness and strategy can't co-exist. I know of a man that did some really bad things to people's personal belongings at his former job. He felt as though those people had wronged him. But he was a coward and never confronted them. Instead he anonymously damaged or spoiled their things while pretending to be as surprised as anyone that it had happened. He tells these stories as though it's something to brag about. He was and is a coward.

I’m hoping to see a cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    Are you incapable of being constructive?
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

That would be foolish on Netflix's part considering apparently the whole 52 episode order bas been made.

"Buckle up kids." -Roger, American Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Tye View Post
    That would be foolish on Netflix's part considering apparently the whole 52 episode order bas been made.

"Buckle up kids." -Roger, American Dad.

Netflix usually announces a season 2 of any show literally during the airing of season one . My brother who is a massive fan says they have not done so . Can anyone here confirm a season 2 ? I would love to see a season 2 but i feel this show has sabotaged itself .
    Last edited by Lokus; January 15, 2019 at 10:41am.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Netflix usually announces a season 2 of any show literally during the airing of season one . My brother who is a massive fan says they have not done so . Can anyone here confirm a season 2 ? I would love to see a season 2 but i feel this show has sabotaged itself .
    Season 2 is either currently in production, undergoing post-production, or ready for airing. That much we know for sure. (My bet/feelinh is that season 2 has already been finished and they're already working on seasons 3 and 4.)

I don't get what you mean by "this show has sabotaged itself". All the relevant data (which does not include the whining/bashing of Gamergate forty-year-olds in their basements, which the people working on the series have stated means pretty much zero to them) points to this series being a glowing success, both in terms of critical praise (100% approval among professional critics, and multiple nominations for awards) and in terms of audience enthusiasm (it has consistently placed high among the most talked-about new TV shows and DreamWorks themselves announced weeks ago that the series had reached 25,000 followers on social networks, which almost doubles the total number of members ever registered on He-Man.org).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

It is hard to say on its popularity since we are given no ratings data and Netfix only releases data on its most popular shows. I have not seen it in the Trending or in the Popular section of Netflix for quite awhile when I go on Netfix. Regardless, it will get the 52 episodes. These DreamWorks shows cost too much money to make only a few episodes. They save a lot of money by doing the episodes all at once.

I hope Leech, Modulock, and Mantenna show up in season 2 and aren't too different. It might not be until the later seasons, though.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    What constitutes "during airing" for a service that is 100% on-demand streaming? It's not like the show is airing weekly on a network or even having a single episode put up each week to constitute the time framing during which it is "airing." All episodes were put up at once and are still there now, so I'm not sure what the theoretical cut-off points would be for it "airing" in whatever context you mean.

That all being said, Netflix has varied over time in my experience in the announcement of future seasons of shows. Some get an announcement pretty early on. Others have more of a gap between one season going up and the next one being announced. I doubt that the lack of a specific announcement so far means that there won't be a season 2.

Look i am very unfamiliar with Netflix . But i have googled and I dont find any official Netflix press release .

Yeah, first thing in my mind was, ok a new She-ra series announced so Netflix next predictable marketing move should have been greenlight a second season ahead of the first being released. That was not .
    Not sure all the good press / media coverage reflects the people general response on the show. Kids of 7 years want more or is enough? demand is there?
    I didnt read anywhere S1 has been a massive hit and smashed ratings or sorta like that.
    200x depended on toy sales whereas ratings were solid and won annies, today's Netflix modus operandi is ironically quite opposite strategy, so what's happening? No toys being announced makes sense anyway if kids are not attached to this show relatively new for them
    Only Future will tell
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    That seems nasty and uncalled for. Why can't there be disagreement without insults?
    What? It's what the people involved in the production of the series said themselves: they don't care about the toxic hate against the series that mostly older male people have been flooding the internet with (including this forum). I just added the Gamergate part (since we know Gamergaters quickly seized the opportunity as a means to further their agenda). The colorful part about older males doing the whining and bashing from their basements was said by the production team themselves.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog