Thread: Galaxy Warriors Sahak Digital Sculpt

Court Magician

Galaxy Warriors 3d Printing Sculpts (Sahak, Baltard, Turly Gang, Anubi, Spikes +more)

I'm going to start doing more 5.5" stuff through Shapeways. My test piece is going to be a Funko conversion, intended specifically for Slithe but could be used with any of them. I just need to get ahold of the base figure so I can take appropriate measurements. I went with a "cooled up' take rather than replicating the original sculpt exactly.
    Last edited by TrentTroop; January 21, 2019 at 03:52pm. Reason: more accurate title

Cool, good work! The heads on those original figures are insane. Are you going to do the body?

Court Magician
    I'm mainyl considering replacement heads for Funko/Toywhiz/etc figures, and for the He-Man Megaconstrux, but I might do some simple Battle-Beast Scale stuff for Shapeways as well.

Court Magician
    I'm in the process of testing neck-joints, but to get a start on 3d printable Galaxy Warriors/Fighters stuff, I've made some weapons, starting with Mega Construx compatible versions:

The base four-weapon set and a set of the "Sticker" shields, reinterpreted to be embossed detail. The plan is to produce replacement parts that can be used to convert MOTU Mega Construx Heroes into Galaxy Warriors/Fighters characters.

All the Galaxy Fighters/Warriors stuff is available here.

And for larger figures, we have the original accessories reproduced for 5.5"6" figures with a 4mm grips, modified for 5mm grips, and scaled to 4" figures with a 3mm grip (such as HACKS).

Court Magician

Additional new sculpts.

The plan is to produce replacement heads and accessories for a number of figure formats, formats under consideration are:

• Mega Construx 2″ Building Figures
    • Spy Monkey Creations’ Battle Tribes 3″ Glyos-Compatible Figs
    • 3 3/4″- 4″ Bossfight Studios Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S.
    • 5.5″ Figures of several kinds, Funko Savage World, etc.
    • 6″ MOTU Classics

With formats being made available as I’m able to test and confirm the joint connections. Above are some of the early sculpts, starting with the Turly Gang (Primus & Sekundos version 1s, with “Tertius” and “Quartus” new designs, with Quartus (not-Leo) being based on the blue-clad Turly from the shield-stickers) and Galaxy Warriors Spikes, Baltard, Anubi and (in the original post) Sahak.

One thing that would help is knowing what "base bodies" are favored by customizers, and what sort of weapons and parts MOTU collectors are interested in. If there are any resources breaking down the various neck connectors for 5.5" lines that would be helpful too.

Widget
    I can see so much potential on your work. Haven't tried digital sculpture but I do digital design for work.

Court Magician
    Thanks!

While I wait for the test-necks for the replacement heads, here's Sahak and pals...

... as a 1.75" scale M.U.S.C.L.E.-style figurines, available in the standard shapeways plastics and full color sandstone. Color schemes available are (left to right): Sahak, Galaxy Heroes Reptilian, "Wrasslin' Sahak" (based on a one-piece rubber figure release), and Turly Gang Snaker in cardback/prototype colors and release colors.

All my Galaxy-related items are here.