Thread: Disney Aladdin live Action Remake Looks AWESOME!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Disney Aladdin live Action Remake Looks AWESOME!

Hey Guys

The forthcoming live action remake of Disney's Aladdin looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in April. The character/actress combination I'm looking forward to most is Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine, she was great as Kimberly in Power Rangers, and I'm looking forward to her singing in the new Disney blockbuster.

Jasmine 2.jpg

Jasmine 3.jpg

Jasmine Aladdin.jpg

Jasmine Aladdin Genie.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

It certainly does look awesome, and that’s about it. If these other live action-CGI hybrid reboots are any indication, it will be the exact same movie, lines, songs, and all.

I find Disney’s recent lack of creativity truly offensive. They’ve made a mess of Star Wars, and now they’re trying to wring more dollars out of the public by making a big deal of these graphically overstimulating ripoffs of their “animated masterpieces” from a time when they could still come up with new content (new-ish, anyway...most of those movies are grounded in folklore to begin with).

Sorry, but I completely disagree. The Disney live action remakes are stunningly beautiful, well-acted, and have a lot of heart and soul, they will continue to make them because there are a lot of people who love them, it doesn't mean the original animated movies aren't still in people's hearts, but as I've said before, I love different versions of favourite franchises. They are not rip-offs, they take what was done before and have recreated and re-enhanced it. Besides, I am looking forward to Naomi Scott and Mena Massoud singing A Whole New World. The actors deserve to be a part of the Disney magic and have a chance to make their own versions of cherished characters, stories, and songs.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

I respect your opinion, and I understand that the box office revenues indicate that many people agree with you, and that is all well and good.

I just cannot help but see spineless, uncreative, money-obsessed big corporate culture behind these things.

But, that’s me. Nobody’s forcing me to watch them, and I won’t. I hope you enjoy them.

Sometimes I think Moltak was my twin brother separated at birth - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by moltak View Post
    I just cannot help but see spineless, uncreative, money-obsessed big corporate culture behind these things.

But, that’s me. Nobody’s forcing me to watch them, and I won’t. I hope you enjoy them.
    Like I said a few times, new technology creates revenue and ideas, while I respect on what they are going but re-creating classics would be a kitsch but like Beauty and the Beast they might pull it off. In god's name they even going to reboot Final Fantasy 7 with the whole new technology.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I'm having a hard time seeing Will Smith as the genie. And it bugs me that he's not blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Like I said a few times, new technology creates revenue and ideas, while I respect on what they are going but re-creating classics would be a kitsch but like Beauty and the Beast they might pull it off. In god's name they even going to reboot Final Fantasy 7 with the whole new technology.
    FF7 would be a remake, not a reboot, big difference.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.