Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney Aladdin live Action Remake Looks AWESOME!

Disney Aladdin live Action Remake Looks AWESOME!

Hey Guys

The forthcoming live action remake of Disney's Aladdin looks awesome! I can't wait to see it in April. The character/actress combination I'm looking forward to most is Naomi Scott as Princess Jasmine, she was great as Kimberly in Power Rangers, and I'm looking forward to her singing in the new Disney blockbuster.

Jasmine 2.jpg

Jasmine 3.jpg

Jasmine Aladdin.jpg

Jasmine Aladdin Genie.jpg

Cheers, Mikey
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

It certainly does look awesome, and that’s about it. If these other live action-CGI hybrid reboots are any indication, it will be the exact same movie, lines, songs, and all.

I find Disney’s recent lack of creativity truly offensive. They’ve made a mess of Star Wars, and now they’re trying to wring more dollars out of the public by making a big deal of these graphically overstimulating ripoffs of their “animated masterpieces” from a time when they could still come up with new content (new-ish, anyway...most of those movies are grounded in folklore to begin with).

Sorry, but I completely disagree. The Disney live action remakes are stunningly beautiful, well-acted, and have a lot of heart and soul, they will continue to make them because there are a lot of people who love them, it doesn't mean the original animated movies aren't still in people's hearts, but as I've said before, I love different versions of favourite franchises. They are not rip-offs, they take what was done before and have recreated and re-enhanced it. Besides, I am looking forward to Naomi Scott and Mena Massoud singing A Whole New World. The actors deserve to be a part of the Disney magic and have a chance to make their own versions of cherished characters, stories, and songs.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

I respect your opinion, and I understand that the box office revenues indicate that many people agree with you, and that is all well and good.

I just cannot help but see spineless, uncreative, money-obsessed big corporate culture behind these things.

But, that’s me. Nobody’s forcing me to watch them, and I won’t. I hope you enjoy them.

Sometimes I think Moltak was my twin brother separated at birth - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by moltak View Post
    I just cannot help but see spineless, uncreative, money-obsessed big corporate culture behind these things.

But, that’s me. Nobody’s forcing me to watch them, and I won’t. I hope you enjoy them.
    Like I said a few times, new technology creates revenue and ideas, while I respect on what they are going but re-creating classics would be a kitsch but like Beauty and the Beast they might pull it off. In god's name they even going to reboot Final Fantasy 7 with the whole new technology.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

I'm having a hard time seeing Will Smith as the genie. And it bugs me that he's not blue.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'm having a hard time seeing Will Smith as the genie. And it bugs me that he's not blue.
    I could NEVER watch this movie because there is only one Genie to me and he is gone. RIP, Robin Williams <3
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I recall seeing something they said he will be blue in the actual movie.

the only thing that has me holding out is they said he said he wasn't trying to recreate what Robin Williams.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Fendi View Post
    Like I said a few times, new technology creates revenue and ideas, while I respect on what they are going but re-creating classics would be a kitsch but like Beauty and the Beast they might pull it off. In god's name they even going to reboot Final Fantasy 7 with the whole new technology.
    FF7 would be a remake, not a reboot, big difference.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Shoot, I always confused over the typing, thanks for clearing it out.

NOT QUITE MY TEMPO

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I've pretty much hated every live-action remake of Disney's classic animated films, except perhaps The Jungle Book. I particularly detested Maleficent, giving her a ridiculous backstory to make her a sympathetic character. You know what, some people are just evil, period, and she was the freaking Mistress of All Evil. None of the original stories, from Perrault to the Brothers Grimm, ever insinuate that she had any redeemable qualities. Just like the Wicked Witch of the West, in which the latest retellings try and make them tragic villians because someone else made them so.

And don't even get me started on the new Dumbo.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Creating sympathetic villains is an amazing concept, I don't believe in the "people can't change theory", that may be true for some people, but that's not the majority. I like seeing different versions of favourite characters, and looking at things from a different perspective is a good thing. It shows there are two sides to every story.

Hang in there, Bow! Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Creating sympathetic villains is an amazing concept, I don't believe in the "people can't change theory", that may be true for some people, but that's not the majority. I like seeing different versions of favourite characters, and looking at things from a different perspective is a good thing. It shows there are two sides to every story.
    I think Optimus and me would agree, but we would those villains to be new villains created in new stories, not classic villains from age-old fairy tales and folklore who are simply villainous just because they are.
    Welcome to The She-Ra Photo Museum! Thousands of screencaps from Filmation's classic 1980's toon! For the Honor of Grayskull!

Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I've pretty much hated every live-action remake of Disney's classic animated films, except perhaps The Jungle Book. I particularly detested Maleficent, giving her a ridiculous backstory to make her a sympathetic character. You know what, some people are just evil, period, and she was the freaking Mistress of All Evil. None of the original stories, from Perrault to the Brothers Grimm, ever insinuate that she had any redeemable qualities. Just like the Wicked Witch of the West, in which the latest retellings try and make them tragic villians because someone else made them so.

And don't even get me started on the new Dumbo.
    I agree, the villains were evil for a reason! no need for sympathy crap when they are evil to began with, i mean like that horrible Elm Street remake tried to make us "sympathetic" to Freddy, crap no, Freddy is straight up evil.

Meleficent is evil as hell she is in the animated version! and i wouldn't call the new Jungle Book film a "remake" of the 1967 film but a new adaptation of Kipling's story that has some homages to the 1967 film in some spots but more on the novel, same for Cinderella being a new adaptation of the novel where Beauty and the Beast is a straight up remake of the 1991 film as i have no desire seeing the new movie as you cannot strike lightning in a bottle twice.

Same for Lion King as i have no desire seeing a pointless moneygrab as the original was lightning in a bottle and you can't strike lightning twice.

Like i mentioned before in LK thread, "This is such a great video. It absolutely nails it. And it savagely smacks Disney where it hurts with a brilliant rendition of Part Of Your World.

Disney truly does feel that they are too big to fail. Which is why I am going to tell that mouse to suck it and ban his furry ass in 2019."

Eventually Disney will get diminishing returns and will send the studio the message and do some new ideas

Disney is still amazing and always will be, I love the animated and live action movies, and they will both always have their ardent fans. I refuse to watch that video. Sympathy is not "crap", and I can't comment on "Freddy" because I don't watch horror.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Disney is still amazing and always will be, I love the animated and live action movies, and they will both always have their ardent fans. I refuse to watch that video. Sympathy is not "crap", and I can't comment on "Freddy" because I don't watch horror.
    Sympathy is crap to me on villains who are purely evil, give me someone who is truly a villain like Clarence Boddecker from my favorite sci-fi film Robocop who needs none of that crap but being purely evil as he is a merciless villain whom you love to hate that deserved to die by Robocop's blade. Hell, even give me Jafar whom is truly evil and i dislike changing him to bee sympathetic.

This is why film gets worse every year. I'm gonna ban the mouse's ass this year and won't get a dime from me. The video is truth! i'm a real person who loves films. I hope some of these bomb and give Disney the message and start doing original ideas.
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; January 11, 2019 at 07:41pm.

I also love the Xena: Warrior Princess episode, Path Of Vengeance, where Eve was put on trial by the Amazons for her earlier crimes as Livia, Eve (with the help of Xena and Gabrielle) helped turn Varia around from her increasingly warlike ways with the reminder that Varia was fast becoming like Livia was, essentially becoming everything she hated about violence and hate. I’ll never forget the scene where Varia exonerated Eve and rescued both of them from the shackles of violence and hate. So deep and profound, using compassion and forgiveness to heal. Then Eve decided to head East to send Eli’s message there.

“This woman has pleaded guilty to her crimes, even she admits she can never do enough good to erase the evil she has done, yet she’s willing to keep on trying. As Queen of the Amazon Nation, I hereby sentence Livia, Killer of The Amazons to death, so that Eve, the Messenger of Peace may live”

~Varia

Cheers, Mikey
    Last edited by Uki; January 13, 2019 at 12:28am. Reason: Spoilers!

No interest in Aquaman, those DC live-action films burnt me out!

I've seen Aquaman twice now, and I can't wait until the DVD is released sometime around Easter.

Disney with the live action has put themselves in a weird spot. I understand doing some of them CGI has gotten to the point they can do them and do them justice. But now they are in that spot they have to kind of do them all since they have done so many already.

Villains - A villain should be likeable in their role. The easiest way to make a character likeable is to make them relatable. If we can relate to a character we are more likely to like them. I do think they are doing it far too often though.

I had to look up what the more recent Disney animated films were since the live action remakes seem to be taking all their advertising efforts.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Disney with the live action has put themselves in a weird spot. I understand doing some of them CGI has gotten to the point they can do them and do them justice. But now they are in that spot they have to kind of do them all since they have done so many already.

Villains - A villain should be likeable in their role. The easiest way to make a character likeable is to make them relatable. If we can relate to a character we are more likely to like them. I do think they are doing it far too often though.

I had to look up what the more recent Disney animated films were since the live action remakes seem to be taking all their advertising efforts.
    Do you agree that the bottom will eventually fall and they will just gonna get diminishing returns just like Solo was? Toy Story 4 is beating that dead horse when the series ended well with 3.

I do not agree that the bottom will fall out, Disney is just too popular and people - like me - love these live action movies and would love to see more.

It's Disney people. Nuff said. No matter what it's gonna sell. Doll, movie, whatever. It's gonna make money. I personally am looking forward to it. The original animated movie is one of my favorites and I cannot wait to see what they do with live action.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Do you agree that the bottom will eventually fall and they will just gonna get diminishing returns just like Solo was? Toy Story 4 is beating that dead horse when the series ended well with 3.
    The reason "New Coke' was made was because in blind taste test people preferred Pepsi. People drink Coke because it's Coke. Disney will still do well, just not as well. I mean apparently people liked Home on the Range, and still think Anastasia is a Disney movie.