Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disney Aladdin live Action Remake Looks AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The reason "New Coke' was made was because in blind taste test people preferred Pepsi. People drink Coke because it's Coke. Disney will still do well, just not as well. I mean apparently people liked Home on the Range, and still think Anastasia is a Disney movie.
    What is it with some morons who think Fox's Anatasia is a "disney film? why would they think everything is disney? is it cause Disney established animation? they need to do their own research on identity studios.

Well last year Disney had some bombs at the box-office like Solo and Nutcracker you know and Wrinkle in Time! the reason they bought Pixar was because Disney's own animation studios was not doing so good with Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Home on the Range and all except Lilo and Stitch did well while Pixar's own animated films were successful and they needed Pixar to help with Disney as before Cars, Pixar was gonna go solo/independent.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I can understand people calling the early Pixar movies Disney, they weren't Disney was just the distributor but I can give a shoulder shrug over it.

Basically it's the similar thing of mom's calling it Nintendo regardless of what the system is. Look at the real reason Disney bought Pixar,they thought it was all due to CGI.

I have watched some of the live action remakes, but will be somewhat upfront. Emma Watson is an attractive woman, and the Disney retelling is pretty good been awhile since I saw it so attractive lead actress. Solo, that's another thread here so will leave that alone. The other two I am kind of Surprised Nutcracker failed I do think they should have made it an animated feature though and it would have done better.

But Lion Kind "live action" seems like they still don't quite get why Pixar movies do well, where is John Lassiter at right now?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I saw the trailer and MY GOD it looks like hot garbage.

And if anyone is appalled by how bad Disney's live action remake of Aladdin looks? Don't just boycott that film. Boycott all of Disney's live action remakes. That includes The Lion King, Dumbo and Lady and the Tramp.

Because if you contribute to The Lion King or Dumbo being hits, you are not showing Disney anything other than you want more of this horsecrap. Bad reviews won't mean a thing. Disney cares only about the bottom line and pure profit. Aladdin could completely tank and lose hundreds of millions of dollars and Disney would not bat an eye if The Lion King makes over a billion and Dumbo is profitable.

Aladdin looks like crap, the CGI that was crapped on the original film on the enterance to the cave looks just as fake as the teaser and doesn't have any of the style or flare the CGI one did, this has none and feeling not of the cast members even Will Smith as Genie. The CGI of him is atrocious and Disney is getting raked over the coals on how poor this is and looks bland/boring and none of it is making me go "Oh it looks like an event film", same for Lion King. Can't we just re-issue the original films with some updated animation because they still hold up really good to this day, both Aladdin and Lion King and two of them in my opinion are the best animated films of the 90s among others. We don't need an update, we don't need a live-action remake of Lion King which isn't even live-action, it's CGI, don't need a live-action remake of Aladdin as it's already been made, i mean maybe do a new adaptation of Aladdin and his wonderful life than do a remake of the Disney film.

I hope the people who saw the trailer and didn't like what they saw then speak with your wallet, and if your tired of Disney's lazy halfassed cashgrab remakes of their classics, don't pay to see them. So if you are sick of this lazy crap as much as I am, do not pay to see any of their live action remakes and just contribute to diminishing returns. I have yet to give them a single cent for these casghrab efforts and I will continue to do so. That is the only way they will consider stopping. Because if they keep making money, no matter how bad the word of mouth and reviews are, Disney will not give a damn and keep making them. And if any film of live-action bombs then Disney will be like "oh wow, i guess people are tired of this! i guess audiences doesn't want this!" and that's how your gonna send your message. And if they are hits and make a billion dollars, all it takes is just one of them and one be saying "Oh i wanna see Lion King" and if your like "Aladdin looks like crap but the other ones i wanna go see" then it defeats the purpose, cause if Aladdin underperforms then it doesn't mean cause Disney can absorb that hit in the face, no problem. But if Dumbo and Lion King are both big hits especially Lion King then they are gonna keep these remakes, i guarantee it, no matter how bad the reviews are for Aladdin, no matter how many people don't go to see it, no matter how big of a flop it is, it doesn't matter cause if Lion King makes a billion dollars that just shows them you still want more of that, just watch, watch this all unfold.

I mean your gonna get live-action remakes of Little Mermaid or Pocahontas, it's going to happen, i guarantee it and all but eventually the bottom will completely fall out and they are just gonna get diminishing returns, because they are no longer about the ideals that Walt Disney built his company around. They are about greed, power and manipulation of your nostalgia.

I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was sarcasm. Man does this look awful. It looks like a bad SNL parody. I think whatís left of Will Smithís fleeting career is about get flushed down the toilet and not even Xenu will be able to help him.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, I LOVE the Disney live action movies and I think they are AWESOME. I for one intend to go on watching them in cinemas and on DVD. I also hope there are more of them. Aladdin looks brilliant and I can't wait to see Naomi Scott as Jasmine and hear her sing A Whole New World.

Jasmine 4.jpg
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

Aladdin is my favorite Disney animated movie. The Broadway musical version is equally amazing. But this live-action movie? It looks bad. Will Smith sounds bad and looks bad. The guy who is playing Jafar looks like he should be playing one of his dumb henchmen, not some evil sorcerer. I will admit SOME of it looks passable: Aladdin, Jasmine, the Cave of Wonders, and the animals look ok. But that quick look at the Prince Ali parade seems like a cheap Disney Channel movie for the kids, like the Descendants. (BTW: I like the Descendants for what it was on the Disney Channel, but NOT as a theatrical release).

I am still hopeful for a great live-action Aladdin movie, but I do not think this is it. Maybe Disney will reboot it in a few years but with a different take on the story, sort of like what they did with Malificent.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was sarcasm. Man does this look awful. It looks like a bad SNL parody. I think what’s left of Will Smith’s fleeting career is about get flushed down the toilet and not even Xenu will be able to help him.
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Aladdin is my favorite Disney animated movie. The Broadway musical version is equally amazing. But this live-action movie? It looks bad. Will Smith sounds bad and looks bad. The guy who is playing Jafar looks like he should be playing one of his dumb henchmen, not some evil sorcerer. I will admit SOME of it looks passable: Aladdin, Jasmine, the Cave of Wonders, and the animals look ok. But that quick look at the Prince Ali parade seems like a cheap Disney Channel movie for the kids, like the Descendants. (BTW: I like the Descendants for what it was on the Disney Channel, but NOT as a theatrical release).

I am still hopeful for a great live-action Aladdin movie, but I do not think this is it. Maybe Disney will reboot it in a few years but with a different take on the story, sort of like what they did with Malificent.
    Do you agree that eventually the bubble on these live-action remakes will burst and will get diminishing returns and when that happens it will make Disney think twice and do something new and different?

I enjoyed the live action Jungle Book so I’m willing to give Aladdin a chance. But so far the film doesn’t look promising.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Yeah, this looks bad. Will it make money? Probably. But itís good for those who will want to watch it and enjoy it.

As for me, this is an easy pass.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Saw the new trailer and still looks like crap.

I have yet to see these halfassed live-action remakes of Disney classics and now Dumbo has flopped, a good sign and so will this i hope it bombs too as i knew eventually the returns will diminish and it should give Disney the message and the bottom will completely fall over eventually and should show them them the message.

I have yet to see the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast and i have no desire to as it looks like a halfassed near shot to shot carbon copy (ala Psycho remake and Omen) of the Disney animated classic and i refuse as i'm not giving Disney a dime. If i want live-action versions of the story, i'll stick to both the 1946 Cocteau film and the 1987 to 1990 TV series with Ron Perlman/Linda Hamilton and if i want a Disney Beauty movie i'll stick to the animated film which was lightning in a bottle and sometimes you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was sarcasm. Man does this look awful. It looks like a bad SNL parody. I think what’s left of Will Smith’s fleeting career is about get flushed down the toilet and not even Xenu will be able to help him.
    Right? I thought the same thing - LOL!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I still don't care what the naysayers say, I still love the live action Disney movies, and I think Aladdin will be amazing, I'm especially looking forward to seeing Naomi Scott as Jasmine and hearing her sing.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

The Aladdin CD soundtrack will be released this week as will the movie on May 24. Both are going to be amazing and as I've already said, I can't wait to hear and see Naomi Scott sing.

Aladdin.png

Yikes. Will Smith singing "Prince Ali" is kind of awful...

I like Will a lot. And I think he's done a bunch of great and memorable songs in movies. But he's not nearly a good enough singer to pull this one off. It may have been a mistake trying to have him stick so close to the original. I wish they would've tailored the song to his strengths instead of accentuating his weaknesses.

I'm looking forward to Naomi Scott performing a new solo song called Speechless they wrote for her to perform as Jasmine, as well as her duet with Mena Massoud as Aladdin performing A Whole New World. I'm sure Naomi will be as amazing as Dan Stevens performing his original new song Evermore from Beauty And The Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yikes. Will Smith singing "Prince Ali" is kind of awful...

I like Will a lot. And I think he's done a bunch of great and memorable songs in movies. But he's not nearly a good enough singer to pull this one off. It may have been a mistake trying to have him stick so close to the original. I wish they would've tailored the song to his strengths instead of accentuating his weaknesses.
    Yup, cringe worthy.

Disney deserves the embarrassment they’re going to get for ripping off their own movie poorly.

Disney is not going to receive any embarrassment, nor did they rip anything off. An updated and enhanced new version of a classic is not a rip-off. If people don't want to watch them then don't but don't spoil the enjoyment for those of us who love the live action movies as much as the animated ones.

Yeah I saw the clip of Will singing and thought it was pretty awful. Robin Williams is, was, and always will be the Genie to me.

That being said, the costumes are BREATHTAKING! Well, when they are not relying too heavily on CGI. UGH, I hate CGI.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

I love classic animation, CGI, LEGO, and live action equally, I love a diversity of styles.

The CGI looks horrible and fake to me when mixed with live action. For example the peacock ladies in the Prince Ali song look horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Disney is not going to receive any embarrassment, nor did they rip anything off. An updated and enhanced new version of a classic is not a rip-off. If people don't want to watch them then don't but don't spoil the enjoyment for those of us who love the live action movies as much as the animated ones.
    They'll receive plenty of embarrassment, and it looks like garbage.

There will be no embarrassment and it looks beautiful. I think the CGI blends seamlessly into the live action and it will be a treasure to the eyes and ears, heart and soul.

Disney is ruining all of their classic animated pearls with these Bollywood movies I like Will Smith and he's the only reason to watch this movie besides the special effects. You better go rewatch the 1992 Aladdin, I guess for the better

This, the Lion King and Mulan are not promising. They're doing good with Maleficent, Beauty and the Beast though.
    Mary Poppins returns was also no exception.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "Revelations......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

I wholeheartedly disagree with all the negative remarks, I think Disney is making a fantastic effort with the live action versions of their animated classics, and I can't wait to see Aladdin this week. I've seen the trailer and I think Naomi Scott is amazing as Jasmine (she was brilliant as Kimberly in Power Rangers), and I can't wait to hear her singing voice.

I've seen more recently and liked the newer bits better. They do change things up like

Aladdin sings One Jump Ahead while helping Jasmine escape the guards rather than earlier. In fact the whole sequence has a very Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular kind of feel to it. Also Jafar doesn't disguise himself when he asks Aladdin to bring him the lamp in exchange for helping him get with the princess.

In general I think as long as I'm not being told that this new version is supposed to be seen as an "improvement" or an enhancement of the original, I don't mind it so much. I think a sense of that messaging may be part of the backlash against this (part, not all). Massoud looks like he makes an excellent live action Aladdin, but there's no way to top Williams' manic energy as Genie. I'm a little sorry they didn't take more liberties like adding back the Genie of the Ring or Aladdin's mother from the original tale to help make up for not having Williams again (to be fair, I don't know for sure that they don't include them somehow).

I really would like Disney to take this remake machine and turn it towards Black Cauldron, only making the entire Chronicles of Prydain series rather than just the one movie. Tom Holland would even make a great Taran. That and Atlantis would be nice to see get this live action treatment since both were weaker movies that had great potential. Burning throught both Aladdin and Lion King (plus Dumbo) this year, they will run out of major Disney animated movies pretty soon anyway.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406