Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Well, FedEx failed to deliver my set yesterday, and now the status on the tracking page has been updated to the dreaded "Pending." I'm not exactly shocked, as every time something has been shipped to me via FedEx, they have failed to deliver it on time. I've only had a handful of packages delivered to me via FedEx, but this has happened literally every single time. If this is the norm for them, I have no idea how they manage to stay in business. I'm not bent out of shape over it, though. I've waited more than thirty years for these figures; a few more days won't kill me. It's just a little annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    Well, FedEx failed to deliver my set yesterday, and now the status on the tracking page has been updated to the dreaded "Pending." I'm not exactly shocked, as every time something has been shipped to me via FedEx, they have failed to deliver it on time. I've only had a handful of packages delivered to me via FedEx, but this has happened literally every single time. If this is the norm for them, I have no idea how they manage to stay in business. I'm not bent out of shape over it, though. I've waited more than thirty years for these figures; a few more days won't kill me. It's just a little annoying.
    Keeps happening to me with a lot of my fedex stuff. Usually it’s because they transfer it to the local post office then they deliver it. Which is funny to me, because I’m 2 minutes from my post office.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Keeps happening to me with a lot of my fedex stuff. Usually it’s because they transfer it to the local post office then they deliver it. Which is funny to me, because I’m 2 minutes from my post office.
    Same here, it's 2-3 minutes away. I didn't notice if it was using the smartpost service or not, that could be it.

Heroic Warrior
    Got my figures! All I have to say is WOW! As good as they look in pictures they look 10 times better in person! No QC issues AT ALL with my set!! The only negative is that these are the last figures…NOW I want more 87 movie figures!!!!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Got my figures! All I have to say is WOW! As good as they look in pictures they look 10 times better in person! No QC issues AT ALL with my set!! The only negative is that these are the last figures…NOW I want more 87 movie figures!!!!!!
    I just got them. I can’t wait to swap the vintage head out or see what it looks like with my laser light head.

Thank you super seven. Please continue to release the rest.

Since Super 7 and Mattel before them ruined more and more lives with each release, Iím going to rate them in terms of lives ruined. Lower is better, of course.

Karg - I mean, heís just a repaint of the earlier Karg. As soon as this guy was announced I took apart the first one for a custom figure, which I kinda regret. He would have added a little more color variety to the movie shelf. But this guy does have some cohesion with both Skeletor and Saurod, so thatís cool. His gun is a gun, zzzzz. His dagger still looks like a toothpick. His hook is much cooler. So thatís where the one that was originally pictured went... Accessories are bad but the figure is good. Two out of five lives ruined.

God Skeletor - I mean, heís just a repaint of the other Skeletor. Aside from the new head. I dunno; something about him is underwhelming in hand. The sculpt on the helmet is kinda soft, but that owes more to the softer material used. Iíd rather that than very brittle hard plastic. Thereís some wash on his chaps, but none on his cape tassels nor armor. He ends up looking flat and kind of boring, honestly. Also, he literally stinks. For real. Two out of five lives ruined.

He-Man - I really, really like this figure. Holy smokes did he come out well. The wash on his gear looks fantastic. His accessories are all great. The ice pick kinda just floats in his boot-hole, so I bet that will be lost in the carpet the first time he takes a shelf dive. The dagger is super awesome. The way the sword fits on the scabbard is visually interesting. Too bad the cape is not removable so you canít see it. Also too bad is his left hand is permanently sculpted to hold his gun. I donít like the idea of He-Man with guns, but he does use them in the movie. Wish there was a swappable hand or a just a normal one that could grasp a gun like every other figure. The gun holster can hold a sword just fine if youíre feeling freaky. And maybe this isnít fair, but STILL no sword aloft hand?! I like the angry head better than the one heís packed out with. That one has creepy eyes. Like heís staring me down a little too intently. Even with my complaints, itís not far to count lives ruined based on things the figure was not meant to be. One out of five lives ruined.

Dark Skeletor - This was the one I was looking forward to the most. And he does not disappoint. He is head to toe incredible. His left tassel was warped in the package but about ten seconds with a hair dryer sorted that. Mine has little white marks at the edges of his ab crunch, like the upper piece is too large and ended up forcing down the corners of the lower piece. I like to pivot the upper torso forward, which mostly hides this. No biggie. The accessories are great. The staff is exactly what I wanted it to be. The sword is very good too. My figure holds it just fine, by the way. The cosmic key is detailed and sharp. I wanted to slide one of his tassels thorough the loop to replicate how he hung it from his belt in the movie, but the loop is just a tiny bit too small. Drag. Only thing I wish this figure had was an un-hooded head for the ďIíll be back!Ē moment. Zero out of five lives ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Why can't your Skeletor Grasp his sword?

My Skeletor has two great gripping hands. One holds the sword just fine, the other his Havok staff?
    It fits his hand with no problem; his grasp is too loose to keep it held, or the hilt of his sword is too narrow. It tips forward or backward depending on the height of his arm. If you shake him, he drops it.

I think I'll use some putty to keep it tight. The staff fits perfectly.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Got mine. Haven't opened all of them. They look so good on hand. Good dolph likeness. Probably the best super 7 had put out. It's a shame that it's the end of the line and they finally get their act together on qc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bcbsdrg View Post
    Got mine. Haven't opened all of them. They look so good on hand. Good dolph likeness. Probably the best super 7 had put out. It's a shame that it's the end of the line and they finally get their act together on qc.
    Congrats.. those are nice

Sent from my vivo 1718 using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Since Super 7 and Mattel before them ruined more and more lives with each release, I’m going to rate them in terms of lives ruined. Lower is better, of course.

You made me snort out loud at work!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Court Magician
    For those who opened their He-Mans, perhaps a tiny ball of rubber cement dried and rolled up or tiny piece of putty or foam in his boot pouch will stop the dagger from falling out so easily. Just an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Also God Skeletor is a repaint of the other one with diff head, but so was the armor/costume in the movie. But he does have that long loin cloth that Dark Despot does not.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I love that Dan went back to one of his classic MOTUC intros for his review of Dark Despot Skeletor!

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

He-Man and Skeletor look awesome.

Court Magician
    Got my set yesterday. The Fedex guy even put the box in a plastic bag so it wouldn't get wet in the rain!

Haven't opened them yet, but they look great. I can't believe we finally have these figures. I wish we were getting the rest of the cast. Props to Super7 for making this (unlikely) figures happen.

MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

You made me snort out loud at work!
    I aim to please, even if the masses arenít into my brand of side-splitting hilarity.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggg! I opened my box of figures and found 2 Rebel He-man figures and was missing the Karg figure. I went back and checked my invoice email from Super 7, and I had ordered 1 of each figure. So, my Karg was missing and an extra He-man accidentally shipped. I did open the box just to make sure the box wasn't just mislabeled and had a Karg inside....it was a 2nd He-man.

Already contacted Super 7 about the mixup. Hopefully they can get me the Karg I ordered

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Tried sending you a message, but your box is full .

I ordered mine via BBTS (He-Man, Skeletor, God Skeletor). They didn't come in that good of shape which is surprising since they were "Collector's Grade". One had a corner that was bent and ripped which is not good for this MOC collector. I guess I'll e-mail them. Hopefully, it won't be too much trouble. I don't think I've had to return anything to them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I ordered mine via BBTS (He-Man, Skeletor, God Skeletor). They didn't come in that good of shape which is surprising since they were "Collector's Grade". One had a corner that was bent and ripped which is not good for this MOC collector. I guess I'll e-mail them. Hopefully, it won't be too much trouble. I don't think I've had to return anything to them in the past.
    Was the brown box dinged? I assume they only count that for collector grade or do they actually open and inspect?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    It fits his hand with no problem; his grasp is too loose to keep it held, or the hilt of his sword is too narrow. It tips forward or backward depending on the height of his arm. If you shake him, he drops it.

I think I'll use some putty to keep it tight. The staff fits perfectly.
    I wouldn't use that. Just hot water squeeze the sword closed on the hand then cold water to harden it. I wouldn't use puddy.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Can anyone answer this question for me?

I ordered 2 sets. Both He-man's have armor where one shoulder pad is up by the neck and one looks properly set on the figure. Is this fixable if I open the package? Does the armor just need to be adjusted on his body or is this a manufacturing defect? Anyone seen the same issue and took it out of the package and it was ok?
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Can anyone answer this question for me?

I ordered 2 sets. Both He-man's have armor where one shoulder pad is up by the neck and one looks properly set on the figure. Is this fixable if I open the package? Does the armor just need to be adjusted on his body or is this a manufacturing defect? Anyone seen the same issue and took it out of the package and it was ok?
    pictures would help us to see what your talking about
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Apparently "4002" is the production number for this set

Capture.JPG
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post

Capture.JPG
    The figure I was quoted by someone 'in the know' would indicate that they made ~5,000 altogether. Don't know where the extra 800 sets play into that figure of 4200.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Court Magician
    only 4200?????????????? or 5000??????????????????
    it is not a very very small production?????

If lines like Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles were produced by millions I think this figures are produced about like one hundred thousand

Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post

Capture.JPG
    4002 is how many cartons there were and there are 4 figures per carton so 4002x4=16,008 figures produced not to mention the extra cases Super7 has to order to have figures in stock for possible Replacement for a QC damaged figure. If they don't end up replacing figures then the extras are placed on the shelves in super7's store for purchase by anyone who goes to their store in CA.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.