Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

From Super7:

"PRE-ORDER OPEN NOW: The Super7 Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice series continues with the William Stout Collection of highly detailed deluxe 7-inch figures. Based on the legendary 1987 William Stout production art, each highly articulated figure was sculpted by the Four Horsemen and comes complete with accessories. The set includes He-Man, Hyper Skeletor, Karg, and Skeletor.

The Masters of the Universe William Stout Collection set of 4 figures is a made-to-order release for $140 per set (plus shipping) and individual figures are available for $35 each with a full set. This pre-order is open until March 31, 2019 with shipping in Summer 2019.

These pre-orders are open until March 31, 2019."
    Click here to pre-order.

-----------------------
    At the New York Toy Fair this February, Super 7 will present the new MotUC Collector Choice wave.

In this wave 3 will there be 4 or 6 figures?

Which characters could we see? NA characters? Minicomics characters? Movie characters?...

Is there a possibility to see also a not Filmation version of Kittrina? (maybe is it too early?)
    I love the Filmation version, but I would like to have in my collection also a more motuc detailed version!

And about the Snake Mountain playset.... will we "see the light"?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

My guesses:

87 movie He-Man
    87 movie Skeletor
    87 movie Skeletor Troopers
    87 movie Evil-Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    My guesses:

87 movie He-Man
    87 movie Skeletor
    87 movie Evil-Lyn
    A complete movie wave?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

I have a feeling it might be a full movie wave too.

While that would mean that non-movie fans would have to wait even longer for some regular CC figures, at least they can just skip the whole wave, rather than having to buy movie figures mixed into waves with regular figures.

I’m excited either way, can’t wait to see them! My number one want is Artilla right now.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.lukespicer.com

Heroic Warrior
    1 x NA Character
    1 x Mini Comics Character
    2 x Movie Characters ( He Man and Skeletor)
    1 x Over Sized (Mount, Vehicle, Beast)

If the are no movie characters, then:

1 x NA
    1 x Mini Comics
    1 x 200x
    1 x Concept
    1 x Over Sized (Mount, Vehicle, Beast)

I realllly hope it’s not a “movie wave”.

Movie characters will not match what we have in CC and should be created in a separate line of its own.
    Danielsan52

HELP! The Devil's in my Car!!
    The B-52's

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    I am expecting:

1 Movie figure
    2 Movie figure
    3 Movie figure
    4 Movie figure

I am hoping for:

1 Spinwit
    2 Vypor
    3 Hunga or Miro
    4 Joya or Starburst She-ra

Landshark vehicle

My hopes probably won't happen
    "..."

Sagitar
    Movie Skeletor
    Lady Slither
    King Miro

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd love a 6 figure movie wave, I'm guessing the designs will be similar to Karg, comic versions of the movie designs.

He-Man
    Skeletor
    Beastman
    Evil-Lyn
    Lubic
    Trooper

Then Movie MAA, Teela, Sorceress and God Skeletor to appear in other waves.

If the movie figure talk is a red herring, then I'd love the following wave:-

Lady Slither
    King Miro
    Staghorn
    General Tataran
    Red Beast
    Queen Andreeno
    Last edited by Orko's Magic Hat; January 11, 2019 at 12:44pm.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Widget
    If they have obtained the rights to produce Movie figures, I hope they space out the "A-List" movie characters across several CC waves.
    I consider the A-Listers to be He-Man, Teela, Man-At-Arms, Sorceress, Skeletor, Evil Lyn and Beast Man and God-Skeletor. Spacing it out so that the next several Waves of CC each comes with 2 of those characters should hopefully drive pre-orders so the rest of the CC slots can be used for all those C and D list characters that we really want to see but do not necessarily drive pre-order sales.

If they do a full 6 figure wave of all movie characters, it will likely generate 1 wave with great sales numbers but then they will be left with the predicament they have been seeing where CC waves don't have the oomph to get people to pre-order in the numbers they are hoping to see.

So for example if they did:
    CC Wave 3:
    Movie He-Man
    Movie Evil Lyn
    -New Adventures slot ex. Spinwit
    -Concept art slot ex. Lady Slither
    -Comics slot ex. Garn
    -Misc. slot ex. Songster

CC Wave 4
    -Movie Skeletor
    -Movie Man-At-Arms
    -New Adventures slot ex. Lizorr
    -Concept art slot ex. Hans Hammer Holder
    -Comics slot ex. Kex Queen
    -Misc. slot ex. King Miro

Etc, Etc until they have exhausted the A-List movie characters I think this would produce better overall results for the Collector's Choice waves by spacing out the movie characters with the biggest name recognition to help drive the sales of all those other figures.

Heroic Warrior
    If the movie stuff is now in play, I too hope it gets spread out. Especially the seven classic-character variants - that'd be a good shot in the arm for the line (i.e., having a new He-Man, Skeletor, Man-At-Arms to offer).

A full-on movie wave would be...disappointing, to say the least. And I have zero interest in the human characters.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    @ MikeR601: My thoughts exactly!
    Your selection definitely echoes mine by the way, I'm litterally desperate
    to see something like this happening.

Now I remember listening Eric Treadaway while he was being interviewed on
    a RGD episode predicting a very interesting option should
    the sale model used by then be compromised : 6 figures + one vehicle per year.

I'd be okay with such a deal though having slightly less items coming
    my way on a yearly basis.
    NEW ALBUM "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Movie characters will not match what we have in CC and should be created in a separate line of its own.
    There are already 4 other movie figures in the MOTUC/CC packaging, though.

In a line with barbarians, wizards, pirates, cowboys, spacemen, and a guy with a skull for a head, I think it all fits together.
    Positive Transactions:

As buyer: boggs32, PaTrIcKfOgArTy, Dorko2, Shecky, Shenlon (2),
    Son of Keldor

As seller: mikethedrummer, slgcmg, kngfu
    DJjoker182, bobtheodd, mahuti, FAKER II, General Hawk 7

EBay: StLouisStallions

Quote Originally Posted by orsogranito View Post
    A complete movie wave?
    That's the rumor..

Court Magician
    6 Figure Wave would be outstanding for Collector's Choice!
    Current wishlist:

1. He-Ra (concept)
    2. Mask of Power Demon Wolf (mini comics)
    3. Mask of Power Demon Lizard (mini comics)
    4. Skeleteen (Son of He-Man)
    5. Lizorr (New Adventures)
    6. Captain Randor (200x)

SDCC 2-Pack
    1. Gray (PoG)
    2. Sharella (PoG)

Power-Con "Color Variants Only" 3-pack
    1. Tri-Klops (mini-comic)
    2. Slamurai (concept)
    3. Teela in pink (mini-comic)

I realllly hope it’s not a “movie wave”.

They may not be what you personally want in your collection but they most Certainly fall under Collectors Choice which are Characters with great sculpt detail and paint deco that many collectors of the line would want. We don't need to complicate things by telling Super7 to create a third line when they are having a hard enough time alternating between Club Grayskull & Collectors Choice waves.

I'm not saying that the Entire CC wave should be 87 movie figures or even that there will be any, but if super7 got the lic and want to produce them I don't have a problem with them sprinkling some of them into a wave. I keep hearing Collectors choice is not for varients, and I disagree , Plenty of NA fans want Crita in her other outfit Or Disks of Doom skeletor. 200x fans want the 200x Sorceress or a 200x King Randor & Queen Marlena. Those are varients and all fall under Collectors Choice.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I am hoping that they throw in at least one NA and one 200X. If the others are movie figures maybe that will help sell the others.

Or maybe a beast or small vehicle is in the works.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    if super7 got the lic and want to produce them I don't have a problem with them sprinkling some of them into a wave.
    Me neither, but a whole movie wave would be a bad choice, imho.
    It would appeal only to movie fans and would basically be a variant only wave.
    I do hope it's not the case...

I agree with those who would be a little disappointed if a full movie wave is announced.

I have no problem with one per wave (or even two, as a one off, to celebrate obtaining the rights to movie characters). From a business point of view, spacing the movie A-listers out, over several waves makes perfect sense, adding more incentive to those who want them, to keep collecting full waves of CC. I would guess this must also make sense to any collector who wishes to see characters like Staghorn, Melog or Queen Andreeno join the ranks of CC. Characters like God-Skeletor or Dolph-He-man could potentially prop-up a wave of lesser known characters such as these.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on this point. I personally felt Saurod, Blade & Gwildor translated perfectly into Collectors Choice. I know they were "based on the vintage toyline", but I'm sure we can all see that these were more movie-inspired aesthetics, than vintage toy-inspired aesthetics. Karg also fits perfectly. I know his paint-job was based on the comic colours, but that face is, again, movie-inspired in my opinion.
    Last edited by Stagnataur; January 11, 2019 at 03:28pm.
    An insatiable hunger for Hunga!
    Twiggets & Widgets & Garth, Oh my!!
    Articulated Cringer & Catra in Cat form would be Pawsome, too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    My guesses:

87 movie He-Man
    87 movie Skeletor
    87 movie Evil-Lyn
    I'd sub to this in a heartbeat....I've wanted all of those for a very LONG time.

I wouldn't mind movie variant figures, either spread out or all as one wave. I would also welcome a wave with new characters, such as Lady Slither and Vypor. And/or characters from the backlog of other mythos/fictions, such as NA. As long as it is Classics proper, as in detailed sculpts, paint and so on in terms of "plussed-up" execution, I'm in.

Insofar as there may be non-Classics, CG-ish nonsense such as Hawke or Dylamug, I'm out. Such figures are headed right for the circular file, whereas Classics proper are headed for proud and enthusiastic display on my shelves.
    Top 10 MOTUC: Shokoti > Shadow Weaver > Faker > Fang-or > Vykor > Blade > Scareglow > Huntara > Scorpia > Skeletor

Whether it's movie or not, I'll end up buying all of them like I have for the last 10 years.

I would really like some more NA figures, though.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I guess the third CC wave will include movie figures or variants, yet I hope we'll get to see diversity in terms of character selection or faction representation. So far we haven't seen SOH or 200x figures by Super 7. More NA would be welcome too.

What I'd like to see in the next wave:
    - Hunga (in classics style)
    - King Miro
    - Sebrian
    - Skeleteen

What I'm expecting for NYTF:
    - Lady Slither
    - King Miro
    - Kayo
    - Movie God Skeletor
    10 Most needed items for MOTUC...

Heroic: King Miro / Prince Dakon
    Evil: Skeleteen
    POP: King Micah / Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Hunga the Harpy
    POG: Oracle, Sharella
    NA: Sebrian / Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    I've bought just about everything in this line (except Holiday He-Man-- I was too slow) but I think I might pass on an all movie wave. I reserve the right to change that opinion once I see what the Horsemen do with it, though.

The Human Tape Measure Starfieldfinder's Avatar
    I'm longing for the Twiggets and the feline version of Catra (i.e. her actual cat form from the 80's POP cartoon), however I suspect we'll get He-Man, Skeletor, Evil-Lyn and Teela as they were portrayed in the 1987 MOTU live action film, which is great for folks who love that film, but I've never liked it, so they'll be a pass for me, even though Teela is my favourite character, I have no desire to have a 1987 version of her, as to me that's not Teela in any way.

Unless Super7 announce a wave with characters from the Mike Young Productions, the original mini-comics or the afore-mentioned Twiggets and Catra as a cat, then I think this might be the end of me as far as MOTUC is concerned, sadly.

MOTUC has become my favourite toy line of all time, I've already got way more of the characters than I hoped to get, so to end now is sad but I've got nearly every thing I wanted.
    Bring us Dree-Elle and Uncle Montork, please Super7!

Oh and Twiggets would be nice too!