Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Does anyone know if He-Man's harness is removable? It's not glued to the figure as far as I can tell, but I also can't find any obvious clasps. I don't want to break it, but I wouldn't mind re-creating the final swordfight here on my shelf.

BTW, the two that I've opened (He-Man and God Skeletor) are flipping amazing. I've got some quibbles with how buff Skeletor is and the particular shade of gold they've gone with, but otherwise these are exactly the movie tie-in toys I've wanted since I was like 4 years old. I love He-Man's cloth cape and all the accessory weapons, too. If MOTUC has to end (which is a shame), this is a pretty great wave to go out on.

Sea Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post
    Does anyone know if He-Man's harness is removable? It's not glued to the figure as far as I can tell, but I also can't find any obvious clasps. I don't want to break it, but I wouldn't mind re-creating the final swordfight here on my shelf.

BTW, the two that I've opened (He-Man and God Skeletor) are flipping amazing. I've got some quibbles with how buff Skeletor is and the particular shade of gold they've gone with, but otherwise these are exactly the movie tie-in toys I've wanted since I was like 4 years old. I love He-Man's cloth cape and all the accessory weapons, too. If MOTUC has to end (which is a shame), this is a pretty great wave to go out on.

Sea Hawk
    I couldnít find a way. I was tempted to try and heat up the arms and pop them off to see if the armor could come off that way, but I havenít worked up the gumption to try. I feel like it canít really be taken for granted that these figures will come apart and reassemble as easily as the older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hawk View Post

Sea Hawk
    My original plan for "Final Battle He-Man" was to remove the armor and replace the arms with those from an Oo-larr figure... the skin tones are actually quite similar. The problem I found is that the original MOTUC buck's arms are much shorter than those on the Dolph body.

From what I can tell, the harness is mostly held in place by the design of the straps going around his shoulders. I think there may be a spot of glue to hold it down in the back (similar to CG Tri-Klops).
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Nice pix crazyjoe!
    Last edited by modulok02; January 28, 2020 at 09:29am.

All these figures are awesome...now bring on Beast Man and Evil Lyn....

All good things....final Classics figures

0CAC122C-E631-4563-94E3-954129E6B992.jpg

Mine arrived last week; alas only at the US courier service. To save on costs I had it put aside for CG wave 4’s arrival. Now that it has been delivered I await the shipping and long trek to this side of the globe. I am sooooooo excited!!!

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    Received my Dark Despot Skeletor Saturday from BBTS! Great figure!! Eerily accurate to the on-screen appearance, beyond a few minor details, like the lack of silver on the fingertips and that silver disk hanging off of his cape in the back, along with the fact that the cape should probably been fabric and attached to the gauntlets for full accuracy lol! But I assume that they were going for a more static aesthetic! I rewatched the movie, but couldn't seem to catch sight of the dark red detailing in the armor, does anyone know if that was a "concept art" element, or is it just not visible on film, like the reddish in the hood/cloak? Love the Classics bio incorporation, with the Gar royall armor elements and the actual explanations for his face and staff too! I hope Brian sent one to Frank Langella lol!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Quote Originally Posted by kolobosrexx View Post
    Received my Dark Despot Skeletor Saturday from BBTS! Great figure!! Eerily accurate to the on-screen appearance, beyond a few minor details, like the lack of silver on the fingertips and that silver disk hanging off of his cape in the back, along with the fact that the cape should probably been fabric and attached to the gauntlets for full accuracy lol! But I assume that they were going for a more static aesthetic! I rewatched the movie, but couldn't seem to catch sight of the dark red detailing in the armor, does anyone know if that was a "concept art" element, or is it just not visible on film, like the reddish in the hood/cloak? Love the Classics bio incorporation, with the Gar royall armor elements and the actual explanations for his face and staff too! I hope Brian sent one to Frank Langella lol!
    I like how Super 7 even included the little skulls on his boots!

The red details are a part of the actual film costume... it's just extremely difficult to see it in motion.

Last edited by Ornclown; January 28, 2020 at 11:26pm.

Do we have an update on an ETA for comic Conan? He was ordered at the same time.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    Do we have an update on an ETA for comic Conan? He was ordered at the same time.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    He should be getting shipped out in February.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Anyone still waiting for their figures from Super 7? Still waiting on mine. Sat for two weeks before even leaving the US according to the tracking info. :/ Looks like it hit Australia about a week ago, but on the east coast. Which means at least a week's trek to get to me on the west coast. If I'm lucky, it'll only have taken a month to get here, but who knows? Could take longer.

Now, shipping for these 4 figures cost me US$40.25. Which is about AU$60.

Meanwhile, I had a pre-order for 5 Marvel Legends figures from a UK store that shipped out on January 24 and arrived January 30. Shipping was £17.95 which is less than AU$40.

Last order I'm ever doing with this company. I've pre-ordered Thundercats via BBTS.

Mine arrived today and they are GLORIOUS. These aren't just the best figures S7 have done they're some of the best in the entire line.
    I really hope this isn't the end but if it is at least we went out on a high, these feel really special.
    God Skeletor in particular is just instantly one of my fave MOTUC figures. It feels like a long time since a figure put such a huge smile on my face!

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Mine arrived today and they are GLORIOUS. These aren't just the best figures S7 have done they're some of the best in the entire line.
    I really hope this isn't the end but if it is at least we went out on a high, these feel really special.
    God Skeletor in particular is just instantly one of my fave MOTUC figures. It feels like a long time since a figure put such a huge smile on my face!
    I know the feeling. I still havenít put them in my toy room. I have them in the living room. The day they came I opened them, watched the 87 movie and played with my figures. Yes, I played with them. My son and wife may have though I was nuts, but they understood wanting these for 30 years.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Tragically, it all comes to an abrupt end just when Super 7 was hitting it's stride...

Heroic Warrior
    These figures are astounding! The amount of detail on these just blows my mind and are easily some of the best figures in the line. I donít know how to make Classics continue but I feel compelled to write Mattel and Super7 a letter and encourage everyone to do the same. If I have to wait another year or two to make Classics happen again, fine, but dang movie versions of the rest of the characters need to happen as does the rest of the NA. It just does. Please donít let this be the end!

I have finished reviewing all of the figures in this series:
    Commander Karg
    Dark Despot Skeletor
    God Skeletor
    Rebel Leader He-Man

These turned out really nice. I'll echo everyone else in saying that's it's a shame that Super7 really hit their stride just as they're losing the license. Still, maybe things will change in the future and they'll get another swing at Classics, or at the very least they'll use their experience on the upcoming lines like Conan, TMNT, Toxic Crusaders, and others.

I've been waiting for these so long and it's amazing to have them on my shelf!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

I finally got my Rebel Leader He-Man from BBTS in on Friday. It's been a long 33 year trek between wanting to find a movie He-Man to finally holding one in my hands 33 years later, but it's ultimately satisfying and the final figure is well worth the wait. Seeing the quality that Super 7 has finally hit with this figure makes me want to grab more and has gotten me excited to add their Conan and Thundercats stuff to my collection.