Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by dwitefry View Post
    I'd like some New Adventures representation please, Sagitar especially, but I've got a feeling that the Movie is going to dominate - given how badly balanced the current Grayskull wave is, it'll probably be five movie figures and Hunga or something.
    Has there ever been a balance? Not trying to bash here i really am curious.

Collectors Choice Wave 1: Quakke Hawke Lodar Fang-Or

Collectors Choice Wave 2: Karg Granita Dylamug Wrap Trap

Club Grayskull Wave 1: Hordak Teela Man-At-Arms Tri-Klops

Club Grayskull Wave 2: Mer-Man Sorceress Man-E-Faces Tung Lashor

Club Grayskull Wave 3: Grizzlor Mantenna Fisto She-Ra

Club Grayskull Wave 4: Modulok Kittrina Prince Adam Roboto Shadow Weaver Stratos

Im trying to find patterns:

They had three male figures and one female until wave 3 of Club Grayskull.
    Collectors Choice had three male villains and one female heroic character...which is a stretch since they went for FILMATION Hawke who basically had been a villain in her episode or an antagonist in her case.
    Club Grayskull had one Horde member two heroes from the royal palace and an evil warrior until wave 2. Than they had two Horde members one hero from the royal palace and a great rebellion member.

Now we have 3 heroes from the royal palace an independent heroic warrior who became an ally and two Horde members but no evil warrior.

Dont get me wrong wave 4 is weird and im not starting again with how much i dont like seeing Kittrina in there but i dont have the feeling there has ever been a big balance going on

Seeing my own writing i see there were some patterns for the first two waves but after wave 3 from Club Grayskull on they threw it all away and now its just lets do some figures.

All bets are off when it comes to statistics if you ask me.
    Last edited by Niki; January 25, 2019 at 02:45pm.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Wave 3 is going to have a new vehicle...not just figures...or Snake Mountain...Brain has said in his videos that they were working on something and wait until we see...so it is more than just a figure wave..something else is coming...
    I hope youre right Im so ready for another vehicle

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe Brian's "working on something special and wait and see" comment means they finally got all the bugs worked out and QC will finally be impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAO View Post
    Maybe Brian's "working on something special and wait and see" comment means they finally got all the bugs worked out and QC will finally be impeccable.
    Or, maybe he finally realized how CC and CG are supposed to work and will stop messing up the releases. Maybe he's working on re-releasing Montork, Dree-Elle, and Kittrina in CC like they should have been.
    Last edited by Donimo; January 27, 2019 at 10:49pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I think that's almost too much to ask. If it hasn't been figured out by now, I'd almost give up hope. I know I have. You know, the whole company line "Filmation sells better than Classics". I mean why cater to the fans whose kept the line going for so many years, when there "might" be new customers out there somewhere.

Collectors Choice Wave 3 leaks (maybe). Super7 postet these 3 pictures on Instagram with no further explanation:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

If those are meant to be teaser images of coming product, they'd be simple Club Grayskull repaints and therefore nothing related to Wave 3 of Collector's Choice/Classics.

MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7

Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    Or, maybe he finally realized how CC and CG are supposed to work and will stop messing up the releases. Maybe he's working on re-releasing Montork, Dree-Elle, and Kittrina in CC like they should have been.
    Theyd lose me as a customer if they did that. Filmation figures in the Filmation line is the way to go to get my money, as I dont want the Filmation figures.

If I were a betting man, Id put $5 on those teaser images being transparent or solid color rereleases of Filmation molds.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbi View Post
    Collectors Choice Wave 3 leaks (maybe). Super7 postet these 3 pictures on Instagram with no further explanation:

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Maybe SDCC Exclusives? Or maybe just fun extras
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Theyd lose me as a customer if they did that. Filmation figures in the Filmation line is the way to go to get my money, as I dont want the Filmation figures.
    If I were a betting man, Id put $5 on those teaser images being transparent or solid color rereleases of Filmation molds.
    I agree but think they would be the vintage line variants - probably more cost effective
    They love doing variations of their vinyls

Quote Originally Posted by Powersword123 View Post
    I agree but think they would be the vintage line variants - probably more cost effective
    Good call, very possible.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    These would be Toy Fair exclusives probably. It is way too early to post SDCC exclusives. I just hope non-attendees can get these beauties too.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastiaan View Post
    These would be Toy Fair exclusives probably. It is way too early to post SDCC exclusives. I just hope non-attendees can get these beauties too.
    Hopefully they learned from the sdcc laughing adam and will make these available to non attendees. But then again there’s holiday he man

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I think that would be a first for toy fair exclusives. Toy fair is a trade show where toy companies sell future sales to buyers and show them what they could sell at their stores.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    I think that would be a first for toy fair exclusives. Toy fair is a trade show where toy companies sell future sales to buyers and show them what they could sell at their stores.
    I believe Faker was a NYTF exclusive first, then was put up on Matty at a later date.

Well Toyfair is a time for reveals but exclusives isn’t really a toyfair thing. It isn’t open to the public, only to the industry. If there were to be items made to celebrate toyfair, which is quite possible, then they would be available to non atttendies almost exclusively as internet orders. No company would make tos to sell at toyfair itself, I can’t imagine there would enough industry people or reporters to support a production run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    I believe Faker was a NYTF exclusive first, then was put up on Matty at a later date.

Yeah Faker was released in Feb of 2009. Not sure if they had any for purchase at Toyfair but I’m pretty sure he was a traveling con item as well as on Matty. Possibly he was introduced at Toyfair?

Cash milking must go on!

Heroic Warrior
    It’s not cash milking to do demanded variants from the cartoons

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    Its not cash milking to do demanded variants from the cartoons
    Which would certainly imply that these figures (if indeed these ARE to be figures??) would not be in Collector's Choice, correct? :^j

A good-sized clutch of forthcoming figures with NO new tooling and NO paint apps whatsoever?? Win/Win for Super 7!
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    Well Toyfair is a time for reveals but exclusives isn’t really a toyfair thing. It isn’t open to the public, only to the industry. If there were to be items made to celebrate toyfair, which is quite possible, then they would be available to non atttendies almost exclusively as internet orders. No company would make tos to sell at toyfair itself, I can’t imagine there would enough industry people or reporters to support a production run.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Faker was released in Feb of 2009. Not sure if they had any for purchase at Toyfair but I’m pretty sure he was a traveling con item as well as on Matty. Possibly he was introduced at Toyfair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    Guys, no

Faker was a NYCC exclusive. MY Toy Fair and NYCC are not the same.

NYCC used to be in March - back when Faker was offered. It is now in October. NY Toy Fair is just a trade show for press and reveals
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Thanks for the clarification 'Duke .

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    My gosh no!
    bad timing for revealing this funny....ugh... whatever hopefully won't be
    lots of fans are still frustrated with quality issues, no reason to take things not seriously here with a typical laissez-faire attitude. We pay bills for this, we demand the figures we want to get entertained.

ok, so GIVE THEM IDEAS!! share those ORG polls as much as you can!!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

Totally Dyslexic

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Im glad these are not part of the Collectors Choice but the vintage 5,5 inch FILMATION variants line from SUPER7.

Not that im interested in them. If people want those variants they sure can ask for them for Cub Grayskull!
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    Im glad these are not part of the Collectors Choice but the vintage 5,5 inch FILMATION variants line from SUPER7.

Not that im interested in them. If people want those variants they sure can ask for them for Cub Grayskull!
    Yeah I agree with you there Niki.

Do we know how many figures will be in this next wave?
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post

I'd only want the crystalized MAA, personally. In either Club Grayskull or Collectors' Choice. Without the the coloured in eyes and moustache, of course...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.