Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

My figures arrived today. I didn't have a chance to open them, had to do the whole "work" thang

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mine are supposed to arrive today. I've been waiting more than three decades to get a Langella Skeletor figure. FedEx, get a move on!

My Figures arrived today

So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

I am so beyond jealous. My main issue is a bought an extra set to open, but I only have one set of the Mattel movies figures. And some of those have become pricey.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I received my figures yesterday. A full set of the movie figures.

No QC issues. Skeletor's Havoc staves are slightly warped from the way they're placed in the package (God Skeletor's is worse), but it's very minimal. Also, Skeletor seems unable to hold his sword due to the small hilt.

1. Karg is great. I want to say I prefer the first release due to the colors, but the new one instantly grew on me. The Gold, black, and white hair really looks good.

2. Movie He-Man has never been a design I've needed as opposed to say Filmaton Skeletor or Hordak, but I really dig this figure. I hate cloth capes - this one works for me. Really cool figure.

3. Skeletor - Epic. This is the best you could realistically hope for. Double jointed elbows and knees would make this figure better, but based on the cape and the skirt piece he's got great articulation. And the movie Havoc staff is worth the wait.

4. God Skeletor - Wow. Just WOW. I prefer the basic movie Skeletor design with God Skeletor being just a cool alternate version. I think he's my favorite figure of the set. I'm going to go so far and say he will be my favorite figure of 2020. I don't know of another figure coming out this year that can replace him for me (Skeletor is my favorite fictional character after all). This figure impressed the heck out of me. I can literally see the spirit of Frank Langella in these figures when you hold them in your hands.

Great toys.

--------

Bottom line, good job Super 7. This is by far the best wave they've done in terms of design and QC and it was worth the wait.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; January 14, 2020 at 09:36pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

No QC issues. Skeletor's Havoc staves are slightly warped from the way they're placed in the package (God Skeletor's is worse), but it's very minimal. Also, Skeletor seems unable to hold his sword due to the small hilt.

1. Karg is great. I want to say I prefer the first release due to the colors, but the new one instantly grew on me. The Gold, black, and white hair really looks good.

2. Movie He-Man has never been a design I've needed as opposed to say Filmaton Skeletor or Hordak, but I really dig this figure. I hate cloth capes - this one works for me. Really cool figure.

3. Skeletor - Epic. This is the best you could realistically hope for. Double jointed elbows and knees would make this figure better, but based on the cape and the skirt piece he's got great articulation. And the movie Havoc staff is worth the wait.

4. God Skeletor - Wow. Just WOW. I prefer the basic movie Skeletor design with God Skeletor being just a cool alternate version. I think he's my favorite figure of the set. I'm going to go so far and say he will be my favorite figure of 2020. I don't know of another figure coming out this year that can replace him for me (Skeletor is my favorite fictional character after all). This figure impressed the heck out of me. I can literally see the spirit of Frank Langella in these figures when you hold them in your hands.

Great toys.

--------

Bottom line, good job Super 7. This is by far the best wave they've done in terms of design and QC and it was worth the wait.
    The warped Staffs can be corrected with heat. I ran them both under very hot water and when they were straight again I then ran them under very cold water and now they are fine.
    My Movie skeletor holds is sword just fine.

I agree This set is by far the best super7 has ever done, no QC issues at all. Looking forward to my Club Grayskull wave four figures to arrive and the Thundercats Ultimates line.
    Last edited by mjw41; January 14, 2020 at 09:55pm.
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I am so beyond jealous. My main issue is a bought an extra set to open, but I only have one set of the Mattel movies figures. And some of those have become pricey.
    You should be able to grab Gwildor and Saurod for a decent price... don't bother with Blade, he is a terrible figure IMHO.... totally missed the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    What are we supposed to do with the very tiny dagger that comes with He-Man. He has two of them. One is larger, the other smaller one cannot be held in his hand. Any advice?

Figures are great, by the way!
    The "ice-pick" goes in He-Man's right boot.

The problem is that it is SUPER loose...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggg! I opened my box of figures and found 2 Rebel He-man figures and was missing the Karg figure. I went back and checked my invoice email from Super 7, and I had ordered 1 of each figure. So, my Karg was missing and an extra He-man accidentally shipped. I did open the box just to make sure the box wasn't just mislabeled and had a Karg inside....it was a 2nd He-man.

Already contacted Super 7 about the mixup. Hopefully they can get me the Karg I ordered

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggg! I opened my box of figures and found 2 Rebel He-man figures and was missing the Karg figure. I went back and checked my invoice email from Super 7, and I had ordered 1 of each figure. So, my Karg was missing and an extra He-man accidentally shipped. I did open the box just to make sure the box wasn't just mislabeled and had a Karg inside....it was a 2nd He-man.

Already contacted Super 7 about the mixup. Hopefully they can get me the Karg I ordered

Ouch. That sucks, man... I hope this gets rectified soon...

I have been checking other toy sites and wow, the buzz with this wave is huge. I am reading many are jumping on thundercats, Conan and turtles because of the increased quality in this wave. Someone also said, in this thread I believe, that this wave may be a sleeper wave and dry up fast and increase in value. I think that may well happen.

I have something coming today but only 1 figure shipped.
    The rest haven't unless the email is incorrect

Got my shipment the other day. I opened my box and the figures are all there, but didn’t open the brown mailer boxes yet. Today I got an email saying they shipped Skeletor.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoMarc View Post
    Got my shipment the other day. I opened my box and the figures are all there, but didn’t open the brown mailer boxes yet. Today I got an email saying they shipped Skeletor.
    So did i. Thought it meant wave 4of filmation til I read it lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    What are we supposed to do with the very tiny dagger that comes with He-Man. He has two of them. One is larger, the other smaller one cannot be held in his hand. Any advice?

Talked to someone last night about casting it and enlarging the scale.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post

Great toys.

--------

Do as mj suggested with the staff to skeletors hands. Hot water open the hand. Put the staff in and squeeze it closed and run under cold water.

Last edited by unclassified; January 15, 2020 at 10:59am.

Heroic Warrior
    I have been checking other toy sites and wow, the buzz with this wave is huge. I am reading many are jumping on thundercats, Conan and turtles because of the increased quality in this wave. Someone also said, in this thread I believe, that this wave may be a sleeper wave and dry up fast and increase in value. I think that may well happen.
    Me I think. As mj will attest. I don't cut short on gripes and likes. I say it blatantly cause its the truth. This time around there's no second guessing after having em. These are good. And the more the word hits that they are good these will be gone and be the only item of s7 to hit a high note after they sell completely out and the eBay sellers put them up for a 130 and sets the price mark, or an auction taking it to new heights. I feel confident this is the wave that becomes something big in the aftermarket. Unless some how I got lucky and got good figures this time and just got the problem ones every other wave lol. Cause these figures are really good. Look good work good and feel good. Still smell bad though lol.

Heroic Warrior
    I seriously can't wait for the comic conan toxic and the movie conans. Thundercats too. Everything looks promising for the other lines if things took a turn at the factory finally. .

The small dagger goes in the right boot. It should also fit between his fingers. In the film he threw it like a ninja star from between his fingers I believe.

I have to say, minor QC issues aside with Skeletor unable to grasp his sword, Super7 went out with a bang with these figures.

The paint apps are perfect on my set. They stand well. They look like statues. If Super7 has been capable of turning out figures like this all along, I'm upset that they took this long to deliver.

In all, it's a fitting close to the MOTUC saga.

Something weird to report with my shipment: one box was delivered Monday by UPS. I assumed it was the entire wave. Hadn't yet opened it. Wednesday, Fedex drops off another box. For some reason, my order was sent in two separate packages. So if anyone has a shorted order, you'll probably get a second package in the next day or so.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Got mine, Came out very nice! I like them very much, However i just wish there was a plastic cape included..im just not a soft good person.
    Check out by trade thread...looking to sell off parts

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    They look like statues. If Super7 has been capable of turning out figures like this all along, I'm upset that they took this long to deliver.
    This.

Mixed feelings here too. But yes, now I'm so happy that finally we got 80's Movie Heman/Skeletor in Classics line after all of this wait. These figures really look great! The only small thing that I had noticed on some pics of the final product was that "shinny" skin of He-Man (again that annoying shiny plastic toy look, vs the matte prototypes of a collector figure). But then mine just arrived fine. My He-man is not that shinny now on my hand. The whole 4 set has great detailing.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Same here.

And I would agree with most assessments, these are the best figures that Super 7 has produced to date.

I could easily see this wave increasing in value for a variety of reasons: the characters have always been in high demand, these are made-to-order, it's the finale of MOTUC, and they are of better quality than anything before from S7.

I already have two complete sets (one from Super 7 and one from BBTS), but last night I ordered another He-Man and Dark Despot Skeletor from BBTS.

Oh, how I wish we could get a William Stout Collection wave 2!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Best figures S7 has done to date? Maybe so...
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    I have to say, minor QC issues aside with Skeletor unable to grasp his sword, Super7 went out with a bang with these figures.

The paint apps are perfect on my set. They stand well. They look like statues. If Super7 has been capable of turning out figures like this all along, I'm upset that they took this long to deliver.

In all, it's a fitting close to the MOTUC saga.

Something weird to report with my shipment: one box was delivered Monday by UPS. I assumed it was the entire wave. Hadn't yet opened it. Wednesday, Fedex drops off another box. For some reason, my order was sent in two separate packages. So if anyone has a shorted order, you'll probably get a second package in the next day or so.

Why can't your Skeletor Grasp his sword?

My Skeletor has two great gripping hands. One holds the sword just fine, the other his Havok staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Same here.

And I would agree with most assessments, these are the best figures that Super 7 has produced to date.

I could easily see this wave increasing in value for a variety of reasons: the characters have always been in high demand, these are made-to-order, it's the finale of MOTUC, and they are of better quality than anything before from S7.

I already have two complete sets (one from Super 7 and one from BBTS), but last night I ordered another He-Man and Dark Despot Skeletor from BBTS.

Oh, how I wish we could get a William Stout Collection wave 2!
    You never know there could always be a William Stout wave two, Super7 just has to change the characters names( can't use any names Mattel has copy writed) and new packaging saying William Stout Collection. Even Mattel has had to change names of some characters when other companys had the names copy writed. Remember Strong Arm had to be Strongor and Ninjor had to be ninja warrior?