Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    4002 is how many cartons there were and there are 4 figures per carton so 4002x4=16,008 figures produced
    I said apparently 4002 production number for the SET. Therefore: 4002 Kargs, 4002 Gold Skeletors,... yes 16008 in total (again, apparently if there is no other shipment of these)

Also, for the QC replacements, we don't know if those are part of this 4002 shipment already (looks like an almost rounded number to be all pre-orders) but who knows really.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

I wonder if full cases of one figure were sent to etailers? But from what I remember 5,000-10,000 seemed to be the area these are produced in, even going back to Mattel. There are not many of these. There are also not many of us. Look at Star Wars. 5 movies in 5 years and Star Wars toys are selling less now than any other time since 1995. So media does not always mean more toys.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by He-manīs groin View Post
    only 4200?????????????? or 5000??????????????????
    it is not a very very small production?????

If lines like Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles were produced by millions I think this figures are produced about like one hundred thousand
    Just to clarify, the 5,000 total I quoted was per figure, so 20,000 altogether.

not to mention the extra cases Super7 has to order to have figures in stock for possible Replacement for a QC damaged figure. If they don't end up replacing figures then the extras are placed on the shelves in super7's store for purchase by anyone who goes to their store in CA.
    That wpuld explain the extra 800 or so sets per figure. 4200 for web/pre-orders plus 800 in reserve for QC and store shelves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    I wonder if full cases of one figure were sent to etailers? But from what I remember 5,000-10,000 seemed to be the area these are produced in, even going back to Mattel. There are not many of these. There are also not many of us. Look at Star Wars. 5 movies in 5 years and Star Wars toys are selling less now than any other time since 1995. So media does not always mean more toys.
    Some figures were likely produced in the 10k range, but 4k-5k was the norm. Some were made in the 1500-2000 range, especially toward the end of the line. Vehicles and playsets were almost always done in the 2000 range or less.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Court Magician
    Itīs hard to me to believe only 4200 figures of each characters were produced. Surely there are many lots, and maybe each lot consists of 4200 figures of each characters

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    Can anyone answer this question for me?

I ordered 2 sets. Both He-man's have armor where one shoulder pad is up by the neck and one looks properly set on the figure. Is this fixable if I open the package? Does the armor just need to be adjusted on his body or is this a manufacturing defect? Anyone seen the same issue and took it out of the package and it was ok?
    Adjustable. Mine were the same way. It moves back in place once opened.

Bitter sweet.

D57056A5-141C-4A6C-A982-9719DA684BDE by Comedian Horseman, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    Adjustable. Mine were the same way. It moves back in place once opened.

Bitter sweet.
    I like the way Skeletor is giving He-Man a crusty look in this photo!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-manīs groin View Post
    Itīs hard to me to believe only 4200 figures of each characters were produced. Surely there are many lots, and maybe each lot consists of 4200 figures of each characters
    These are niche products sold direct to adult consumer with no media franchise to speak of other than nostalgic memories. Even at its peak, MOTUC wasn't a sales phenomenon.

When Matty doubled up on a figure run (8-10,000 units), they invariably ended up with peg warmers that they resorted to double packing with a DC figure. They couldn't even sell those at Toys R Us which is why they wound up at Big Lots.

Comparing MOTUC to Ninja Turtles, Star Wars or WWE is a fallacy. Apples and handgrenades.
    Most wanted Origins figures: Mighty Spector, Fisto's Cousin's Babysitter, and Mer-Man's Seventh Grade Crush.

Heroic Warrior
    The 4200 is how many of the full sets of 4, boxed together for shipment as a set, were sent to Super 7 for fulfillment. The additional singles, ones that went to international distributors, and to BBTS are all numbered separately.

I attempted returning to video reviews with this line. Give it a look and let me know what you think. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw_scKQMJAk

I really love how the Bios for these match up with the MOTUC continuity. That said, Dolph here is far too tall to be the same guy as our Classics HM. I might use him in a fashion similar to the current DC MOTMultiverse series, a HM from another universe.

Of course, knowing me, I’ll still try to get a second and customize a MOTUC HM version as well.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by modulok02 View Post
    Apparently "4002" is the production number for this set

Attachment 121930
    I'm curious why people keep saying 4200 when the pic says 4002 haha. I didn't say nothing about the first post that said it and said 800. But I come back and see its repeated lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    I'm curious why people keep saying 4200 when the pic says 4002 haha. I didn't say nothing about the first post that said it and said 800. But I come back and see its repeated lol.

Purple monkey dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonSOS View Post
    I attempted returning to video reviews with this line. Give it a look and let me know what you think. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw_scKQMJAk
    Nice review
    So Glad Super7 has the Thundercats Lic. Looking forward to all they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

Well, I'm numerically dyslexic so that would explain why I read it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
    When Matty doubled up on a figure run (8-10,000 units), they invariably ended up with peg warmers that they resorted to double packing with a DC figure. They couldn't even sell those at Toys R Us which is why they wound up at Big Lots.
    This is confusing to me.

if I understand MOTUC history exactly, the only retail MOTUC were the TRU DC "Vs." two-packs (Big Lots was a clearance thing, agreed...so not officially retail).

So how could there be MOTUC peg-warmers when they were never on the peg?

And then, it appears you are saying the figures in the DC "Vs." two-packs were peg-warmers that were returned. Even if there were MOTUCs on the peg, the MOTUCs in the Vs. packs were all deliberate repaints, some with different accessories or body parts differentiating them from their online Matty MOTUC counterparts.

Is there a simple answer to why I'm confused here?
    This is a link for "Player Dez's Strange Toy-Ventures" a toy show I help with: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMs...seKp1vZ-Py5C9Q
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    This is confusing to me.

if I understand MOTUC history exactly, the only retail MOTUC were the TRU DC "Vs." two-packs (Big Lots was a clearance thing, agreed...so not officially retail).

And then, it appears you are saying the figures in the DC "Vs." two-packs were peg-warmers that were returned. Even if there were MOTUCs on the peg, the MOTUCs in the Vs. packs were all deliberate repaints, some with different accessories or body parts differentiating them from their online Matty MOTUC counterparts.

The VS figures were separate figures that weren't part of the Matty collector line. As was mentioned, the MOTUC figures included in that line were repaints and also different molded colors from the Matty collection.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

These are niche products sold direct to adult consumer with no media franchise to speak of other than nostalgic memories. Even at its peak, MOTUC wasn't a sales phenomenon.
    Agree. Also, I don't forget that this specific wave had MANY (maaaany) negative comments complaining why will Super7 create a wave based on that "failed" movie, and not other Collector choice highly requested characters. (Not coming from me of course. I'm so glad we finally got a classized version of Heman / Skeletor from that 80's movie!)

My point is: Now all these positive comments from us who have these cool figures in our hands, are coming from just a part of that "niche" Night Stalker mentions (not all people collecting Classics wanted -nor pre-ordered- 80's movie figures). So, I wouldn't believe that they produced something around 8k-10k or more of each figure of this wave, but maybe something around 5k like it was mentioned here before (considering if there were other shipments directly to BBTS or other e-tailers) sounds more realistic to me.

And regardless of that number, I think there will be an increasing demand of these, considering that now the news of this William Stout wave is telling 2 points in its favor that will attract more interest:
    1) Super7 did an excellent job on this wave (detailing, paint app)
    2) "The Big Finale" - Last Collector's Choice Classics wave.

And talking about demand, I am thinking about ordering a second set from BBTS, to open. Thing that I have done in only few and very specific classics figures before.
    CC: * Ice armor Heman & Fire Armor Skeletor Pack // *Sagitar // *Dragoon // *Lizorr // *Butthead // *Spinwit // *Staghorn // *Raj-jar // *Eye Beam // *Snake Mountain Man // *80's movie (Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Troopers, and Sorceress)

CG: *Kobra Khan // *Ram-Man // *Zodac // *Whiplash // *Leech // *Multi-bot // *Webstor // *Chef Allen

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone put a regular He-Man, Oo-larr head or any other on their movie He-Man buck? Pics please?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Mine arrived and, man, does it feel good having these! I'm going to make my way through them but I'm starting with a review of Commander Karg: Commander Karg Review.

Not only is this an excellent figure but I like how the bio ties these different versions in with the MOTUC canon. Bravo!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Webstor's Ghost View Post
    This is confusing to me.

We still refer to poor selling figures as "peg warmers" even if the pegs in physical toy stores have been replaced with online retailers. Sounds better than "back room space consumers."

From what I recall, the MOTU vs DC TRU packs were comprised of overruns of the Version II figures given new paint apps and/or accessories. Those Version II figures sold out eventually, but BBTS and even Matty Collector had marked them down to ridiculous prices to get rid of them.

Mattel had a bunch of overrun that never left the factory because the first batch was warming pegs domestically, hence the decision to offload them via TRU and ultimately, Big Lots. New paint apps are fairly economical compared to warehouse storage. Remember Disco Skeletor?

Night Stalker, before I share my thoughts, please excuse me if I wasn't paying good enough attention since the DC Vs. releases and I missed the undisputed truth of how they came to be... there may be verified info that totally substantiates how you described stuff going down...that said, here are my thoughts/questions:

We still refer to poor selling figures as "peg warmers" even if the pegs in physical toy stores have been replaced with online retailers. Sounds better than "back room space consumers."
    I totally am onboard with that spin on the lingo...that was pretty much my guess. Actually, if there wasn't the additional variables/layers added on, I wouldn't have given your post a second thought.

From what I recall, the MOTU vs DC TRU packs were comprised of overruns of the Version II figures given new paint apps and/or accessories. Those Version II figures sold out eventually, but BBTS and even Matty Collector had marked them down to ridiculous prices to get rid of them.
    That's it in a nutshell...I wasn't sure what you were saying that the "vs. DC" MOTUC-style figures were: Overruns of the Version II (MOTUC) figures given new paint apps and/or accessories.

Mattel had a bunch of overrun that never left the factory because the first batch was warming pegs domestically,
    I didn't think that Matty online had overrun of Skeletor, He-Man, Stratos, Zodac, Mer-Man, Faker and She-Ra.

Wouldn't they have thought to save some of them for single packed figures online?

Anyway...

I thought that the vs. DC packs were an attempt by Mattel to get an exclusively online property (MOTU) that had an online toyline (MOTUC) on a popular retail shelf (TRU) paired with a much more popular franchise that they had invested money into licencing in , that franchise being the DC Universe.... so that even if this TRU "Vs" toyline experiment lost them money, they could write it off as good publicity for an otherwise cold property (MOTU) that were going to try to resuscitate til every avenue was exhausted, even if it meant opening up their own official film studio branch to be more efficient in putting together a MOTU film project (and which their stalwart Hot Wheels & Barbie could benefit from), which they recently did.

Heck, isn't the "DC vs." business model as I've attempted to describe it, almost exactly the reasoning behind the Masters Of The WWE Universe toyline venture right now?

... hence the decision to offload them via TRU and ultimately, Big Lots. New paint apps are fairly economical compared to warehouse storage. Remember Disco Skeletor?
    i thought Disco Skeletor was just a way to juice the line before they killed it.

As in: "We're ending the 200x toyline...hey, Skeletor's the most popular character, how about we make more Skeletor figures and just paint them a different color...then maybe we'll get a few more dollars out of consumers without having to make new molds"

Again, I am not doubting the validity of your description here, that is, if you've verified all you've stated about the vs. DC history, but if it's not verified then I am merely offering a different POV on how all of it may have transpired, using precedence to show how I came up with my alternate POV.
    Last edited by Webstor's Ghost; January 20, 2020 at 10:16am.
    This is a link for "Player Dez's Strange Toy-Ventures" a toy show I help with: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMs...seKp1vZ-Py5C9Q
    GOOD JOURNEY, ORGERS!

Technically, Matty did have excess stock of He-Man and Skeletor, which were up on the site as evergreen items for quite some time. That, in essence, killed any chances for re-issues/second runs of some of the demanded characters that go for higher amounts on the secondary market (Scareglow/Fisto/etc.)

Got mine on Friday. A fantastic set. I had to dig out my Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor to pose with them.

20200119_181027.jpg
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

I got shipping notice last week (13th) , but they actually have not given the box to USPS, but my Filmation set a few days later ACTUALLY shipped and is due here for WEDnesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I really love how the Bios for these match up with the MOTUC continuity.
    Yeah, it really makes you look at the '87 movie in a new light!

I really like the bios on the William Stout characters.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Anyone put a regular He-Man, Oo-larr head or any other on their movie He-Man buck? Pics please?
    I'm curious about this as well... I wonder what the Laser Power He-Man head looks like on Dolph's body. Does the William Stout neck peg fit the old Classics heads?

I was thinking about removing He-Man's armor, popping Oo-larr's arms on the body and drybrushing some bruises and cuts to reinact the 'capture of He-Man' from the movie...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!