Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

I wonder if the 87 He-Man is supposed to be Adam. If so, I hope they consider packing a classic head with the figure. Otherwise, how would the bio explain his face suddenly morphing into Dolph Lundgren's?
    Last edited by Donimo; March 10, 2019 at 01:19am.

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimo View Post
    I wonder if the 87 He-Man is supposed to be Adam. If so, I hope they consider packing a classic head with the figure. Otherwise, how would the bio explain his face suddenly morphing into Dolph Lundgren's?
    I wouldn't worry about how it fits into canon as much as how bad it will look if Super 7 sticks to the shiny plastic skin we've seen on the Filmation He-man figures this far...
    "..."

Dolph Lundgren may not have given his ok to use his likeness, so they're using a generic likeness for He-man. Something that looks more like the concept art than Dolph.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    Dolph Lundgren may not have given his ok to use his likeness, so they're using a generic likeness for He-man. Something that looks more like the concept art than Dolph.

Yeah, but my point is, if this is Adam, will they include a head with the Classic Adam visage. It would be silly if they didn't. Maybe it's a different future version of He-Man that has no connection to Adam, hence the different face. I guess the bio will explain.

I remember seeing a little bit about the creation of the 87 He-man movie and they basically threw out all of the lore created for the toys and cartoon and went their own route. Adam wasn't part of the movie's world.

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I wouldn't worry about how it fits into canon as much as how bad it will look if Super 7 sticks to the shiny plastic skin we've seen on the Filmation He-man figures this far...
    Well, I couldn't care less about either issue, really. I stopped buying Super7 products after they botched MOTUC. I was mostly just curious how this would play out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I remember seeing a little bit about the creation of the 87 He-man movie and they basically threw out all of the lore created for the toys and cartoon and went their own route. Adam wasn't part of the movie's world.

Yeah, but Classics is supposed to be inclusive. So, these figures and characters will tie into this established canon somehow. I am just curious in what way.

Really badly lit initial photos for the preorder. Then take way too long to correct those photos. Omit accessories from the photos. Tell a guy on Facebook there will be more photos including the accessories in a few days.

These are the guys making the figures. Super unorganised and sloppy 7. Really frustrating.

I haven't followed this very much, but since these figures are based on concept art instead of the film, does that mean we still likely will never get Skeletor's troopers from the film?

I really want the troopers and have no interest in even the Stout Skeletor if we won't get them, but if the troopers are a possibility, then I might consider picking these up.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I haven't followed this very much, but since these figures are based on concept art instead of the film, does that mean we still likely will never get Skeletor's troopers from the film?

I really want the troopers and have no interest in even the Stout Skeletor if we won't get them, but if the troopers are a possibility, then I might consider picking these up.
    Unfortunately, Bill Stout did not create the designs for the Troopers that were featured in the film. It may still be a possibility, but I wouldn't hold my breath for now.

With that said, if a wave two happens, I would kill for:

Stout She-Ra

Stout Duncan (Man-At-Arms)

Stout Beastman

Stout Sorceress

Stout Teela

and

Stout Evil-Lyn

Even if it takes two more waves, I want these characters!!!
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Interesting. Hadn't seen Stout's Evil-Lyn before. I prefer her look in the movie. Maybe the figure could have removable hair to give us both options.

Oh my gosh! That She-Ra would be very, very cool to display along with the rest of the film based figures! And Man-At-Arms is actually one of my favorite designs from the film. I'd definitely take a second series of these in a heart beat.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Even though the 87' movie drifted away from cannon and created new versions of classic characters, they really made cool figures out of them. Those character designs for She-ra, Beast-man, Man-at-arms, Sorceres, Teela, and Evilyn would also make great figures. Love to see those become realized as figures.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I would love figures of those other characters, the Evil-Lyn looks amazing, although I would prefer the movie version to be released.

The designs are so 80s
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

I like the Film's Evil Lyn better too, but a lot of that may be Meg Foster and not the actual design.

I will pass on the Stout figures. I really want those troopers and without them don't have a lot of interest in movie designs.
    Last edited by jscott991; March 13, 2019 at 01:06pm.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

I hated the movie as a kid. As an adult I've come to enjoy it as a cult classic. I would love to see all those William Stout characters made along with the Troopers. Pig Boy would be perfect as a PowerCon exclusive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by nickdoobs View Post
    I hated the movie as a kid. As an adult I've come to enjoy it as a cult classic. I would love to see all those William Stout characters made along with the Troopers. Pig Boy would be perfect as a PowerCon exclusive.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Just ordered my 4 along with Conan.

As cheesy as the movie was, I would expect the figures to be kind of stupid looking but they turned out great. I would be willing to see what more of them would look like. Especially Beast Man, Man-at-Arms and Teela. I wish Beast Man had a little stronger part in the movie. He should have at least been in Karg's role. I mean c'mon, Karg was kind of stupid looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Palazzolor View Post
    As cheesy as the movie was, I would expect the figures to be kind of stupid looking but they turned out great. I would be willing to see what more of them would look like. Especially Beast Man, Man-at-Arms and Teela. I wish Beast Man had a little stronger part in the movie. He should have at least been in Karg's role. I mean c'mon, Karg was kind of stupid looking.
    Heck, even if just gave a few lines to speak! That would have made his character 100X better.

I always thought it was weird that Saurod and Beastman never spoke...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I like the Film's Evil Lyn better too, but a lot of that may be Meg Foster and not the actual design.

I will pass on the Stout figures. I really want those troopers and without them don't have a lot of interest in movie designs.
    Has it been confirmed that they can't/won't make them? I know it's the 'William Stout Collection' and he didn't design them, but you never know...
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Has it been confirmed that they can't/won't make them? I know it's the 'William Stout Collection' and he didn't design them, but you never know...
    If they did make Troopers, they would be whatever Stout designed. Not what we saw in the movie - which Stout strongly disliked & fought against.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistix View Post
    If they did make Troopers, they would be whatever Stout designed. Not what we saw in the movie - which Stout strongly disliked & fought against.
    Do we have any pics of these?
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

I think there is concept art of the troopers. If they didn't look like the movie version, I almost certainly wouldn't buy them. I've waited too long to buy anything less than perfect.

Is this an example?

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...n_b11_full.jpg

web_org_hmn_b11_full.jpg
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Wow. Great find.

The film troopers are still much better.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most of the trooper artwork came from Ralph McQuarrie:

Also, here is a closer image of He-Man's cloak... I really hope that Super 7 is planning on adding the gold trim to the back of it...