Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

I wonder if the new Karg will come with the proper hook? I know he is shown with the proper hook, but so was the other one.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    I wonder if the new Karg will come with the proper hook? I know he is shown with the proper hook, but so was the other one.
    They switched out the hook on the previous release late in the game because the trap-jaw style hook is what he had in the magazine/comics, and because they were likely already aware that the movie version would be a repaint they'd like to offer, with the movie-style hook.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    They switched out the hook on the previous release late in the game because the trap-jaw style hook is what he had in the magazine/comics, and because they were likely already aware that the movie version would be a repaint they'd like to offer, with the movie-style hook.
    I was thinking this as well.

I wonder what the time-frame was when they finally inked the Stout deal... the Karg sculpt is pretty darn movie accurate. It's almost like the movie version was repainted in the comic/vintage colors and not the other way around.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Don’t let me down super7. Please finish the movie figures. For the first time ever....I ordered 2 full sets of figures,plus 1 Conan. $23 shipping is not bad for 9 figures.

Again,please release more movie figures. But don’t forget about classics.....especially new adventures.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I think there is concept art of the troopers. If they didn't look like the movie version, I almost certainly wouldn't buy them. I've waited too long to buy anything less than perfect.

Is this an example?

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...n_b11_full.jpg

Attachment 119778
    Somehow I missed that concept art earlier in the thread! That is really, really cool!

I love the classic colors on the He-Man in that drawing!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I think the reason we didn't get more movie figures in the 1980s (and thus Mattel would have had more figure rights) was because the the movie bombed and MOTU toy sales were bottoming out in 1987.
    I think you're right. I remember MOTU had a tough year in 87. It was bottoming out. I had nearly every figure, playset, vehicle and beast from that collection but 87 is when my collection sort of came to a hault. I never got Eternia and I think my mom knew it wasn't going to last long and she just let my collection sort of die out. Lord knows I had enough to play with. Wish I still had them.

Ending this Sunday (3/31) at 11:59pm: The Super7 William Stout Collection of deluxe Masters of the Universe 7" figures. Sculpted by Fourhorsemen Toydesign, all figures come with accessories. UPDATE: Skeletor WILL come with sword accessory (not pictured). We will be posting preview images of the packaging and Skeletor's sword later this week.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

I can't wait to see Skeletor's sword!!! I hope He-Man comes with a blaster too. It looks like Karg is coming with the blaster He-man used in the movie

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    I can't wait to see Skeletor's sword!!! I hope He-Man comes with a blaster too. It looks like Karg is coming with the blaster He-man used in the movie
    That's interesting. Skeletor's forces use a different blaster in the movie. At least the troopers do.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Court Magician
    Just ordered a set on Super 7. oh man is it gonna be a riot to drop some psychedelics, open all the figs, reunite them with Gwildor Blade and Saurod and then re watch the film with some delicious craft beers n donuts.

passed on the Conan, the resources for that figure should have been put into a NA figure!!!!!!
    MORE NA figures now PLEEEEEEEASE

Super7 stated on Facebook that these four are the only 1987 movie figures they get the permission to do: http://www.facebook.com/OfficialSupe...57319340190820

Bildschirmfoto 2019-03-27 um 16.47.23.png
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Super7 stated on Facebook that these four are the only 1987 movie figures they get the permission to do: http://www.facebook.com/OfficialSupe...57319340190820

Dang, that's really too bad...
    I was hoping they'd do at least Evil-Lyn, Man-At-Arms and Teela...

Still, I'm sure they mean 'at the moment'... I'm pretty confident these Stout figures will sell incredibly well... Well enough to expand on their deal with Stout...

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar

That sucks. I was really hoping for a Detective Lubic, Julie, Kevin, Skeletor's Troopers, etc... down the line.

I'm now assuming they are making these on a drawing by drawing basis, likely paying William Stout for each concept.

I suppose likeness rights for the actors may also come into play.

Those could be two costs that exceed the budget.

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    That sucks. I was really hoping for a Detective Lubic, Julie, Kevin, Skeletor's Troopers, etc... down the line.

I'm now assuming they are making these on a drawing by drawing basis, likely paying William Stout for each concept.

I suppose likeness rights for the actors may also come into play.

Those could be two costs that exceed the budget.
    I Suspect Super7 is testing the waters with these which is why these were the only ones they got permission to do. If these sell really well for Super7 I have no doubt they will approach William Stout again in order to do Evil_lynn, The Beast Man, Teela and Man At Arms. Not sure if William Stout Designed Skeletors Dark Troopers. I would say ( Lubic , Kevin& Juli are off the table )
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Dangit!!

Well, I guess this just means that we have all go and order another set to show S7 that we want more!

Seriously though, I would imagine that if these do above expectations in sales, Super 7 will reconsider striking another deal to make it happen.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Man, I'm so on the fence about ordering this wave. I really don't need a Karg repaint in my collection at all. I love both of the Skeletor figures and do want those... but I'm super ambivalent about the He-Man figure. I don't think the likeness is great, he doesn't really work as another version of He-Man in the timeline, but also don't feel like the figure will work well as some other character in my Classics display.

So I could pre-order the two Skeletor's for $100 through BBTS and pay $4 for shipping with payment deferred until they ship. Or I can pay $140 right now plus $15 shipping and get the two extra figures I don't necessarily want.

Decisions, decisions...

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Man, I'm so on the fence about ordering this wave. I really don't need a Karg repaint in my collection at all. I love both of the Skeletor figures and do want those... but I'm super ambivalent about the He-Man figure. I don't think the likeness is great, he doesn't really work as another version of He-Man in the timeline, but also don't feel like the figure will work well as some other character in my Classics display.

So I could pre-order the two Skeletor's for $100 through BBTS and pay $4 for shipping with payment deferred until they ship. Or I can pay $140 right now plus $15 shipping and get the two extra figures I don't necessarily want.

Decisions, decisions...
    Order the full wave and sell/trade off your extras. It will end up being way more cost efficient.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Hit me up on instagram @MOTUdoobs

Quote Originally Posted by PantherCult View Post
    Man, I'm so on the fence about ordering this wave. I really don't need a Karg repaint in my collection at all. I love both of the Skeletor figures and do want those... but I'm super ambivalent about the He-Man figure. I don't think the likeness is great, he doesn't really work as another version of He-Man in the timeline, but also don't feel like the figure will work well as some other character in my Classics display..
    I’m going to see how the King Grayskull head looks on this body. Regardless, Movie He-Man may replace the King for me. He looks way more regal than the kinda dopey facial sculpt of KG.

I was hoping for better news from Super7. I'm going to continue to pass on these. I hope to get the troopers someday, but my initial euphoria when I saw this wave is long over.
    Favorite MOTUC
    1. Shadow Weaver
    2. Evil-Lyn, BG
    3. Skeletor, Filmation
    4. Mer-Man
    5. Orko

Most Wanted: New Version of Sorceress, Filmation She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post
    I was hoping for better news from Super7. I'm going to continue to pass on these. I hope to get the troopers someday, but my initial euphoria when I saw this wave is long over.
    I'm way more excited for the Conan figures to be honest. And for the Power Con exclusives. I'm really hoping we get a true wave of MOTU Classics again eventually.

Well, that sucks! Another incomplete variant lineup!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Well incomplete yes but I seriously doubt they were ever going to release EVERY character from the film as a figure. As it stands just getting He-Man and a single Skeletor as representations from the film is a huge surprise, let alone He-Man and *two* Skeletors.

Amazing how some people are just never content, no matter what gets offered. These are cool looking toys that don't break the bank, have fun people, sheesh, lol.

After waffling a bit, I went ahead and ordered a set. I was always going to get both Skeletors no matter what-- I've wanted a Langella Skeletor for three decades, after all-- but I was torn between getting the set, or just ordering them via BBTS, since I'm quite satisfied with the Karg that was released a few months ago. Also, given that Super 7's figures with caucasian fleshtone get saddled with that awful waxy-looking plastic, I'm ambivalent about getting He-Man. (This is the main reason I passed on their Conan.) Ultimately, I figured I'd go ahead and order the set. If I wind up not being satisfied with any of them, I can always sell them and make my money back. This is the first full wave I've ordered since Super 7 took over.

Court Magician
    these dont feel "incomplete" to me, more the opposite.
    We get movie He-Man and Skeletor which is the bomb! skeletor and Karg completes the villains and He-man can hang wit Gwildor all day long.
    MAA would b kinda cool and so would the troopers, but lets be real, they are not gonna get around to those anytime soon if ever.

these will make for a fun shelf setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Well incomplete yes but I seriously doubt they were ever going to release EVERY character from the film as a figure. As it stands just getting He-Man and a single Skeletor as representations from the film is a huge surprise, let alone He-Man and *two* Skeletors.

Amazing how some people are just never content, no matter what gets offered. These are cool looking toys that don't break the bank, have fun people, sheesh, lol.
    Seriously?!
    So you mean by having a couple of new characters (He-Man and Skeletor) from the 1987 movie should be more than enough for those of us who you consider discontent?!
    Is it too much as collectors to ask for at least the major MOTU characters to be made after waiting years for this to happen?

Unbelievable!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.