Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

They still haven't shown us more pictures of the figures, accessories, or packaging that they had mentioned were coming, have they? And it's March 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    They still haven't shown us more pictures of the figures, accessories, or packaging that they had mentioned were coming, have they? And it's March 28th.
    I'm thinking they may post those images sometime today (Friday-March 29)
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Went ahead and bit the bullet and ordered the set of 4. I'll find some use for the extra Karg I suppose. And I can always use the Lungren figure as one of the He-Man from a past era or something.

Court Magician
    So for the movie figs we have:

He-Man
    Skeletor
    Gold Skeletor
    Karg (2 versions)
    Saurod
    Blade
    Gwildor

I'm still hoping we get Teela, Man-At-Arms, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, Kevin, Julie, Lubic, Troopers, and the Sorceress at some point. But I'm still really excited to get He-Man and Skeletor from the movie.

Good for Super7 letting folks know this is all for the moment, although I wonder if releasing that info before the end of the sale will cause a few last minute transactions to not happen. I love the MOTU movie but I can't see any universe (pun intended) where Kevin and Julie get figures. Well, maaayybeee a ReAction line. They just seem like figures that would make Nepthu appear downright exciting by comparison.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Update via a comment added by Super7 to their recent Facebook post:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the 2nd head for He-Man is now not moving forward. The figure will include a blaster accessory that has not been shown yet."

I'm happy with what we're getting. If we get more, cool. If not, no problem. We have Gwildor, Karg, Blade, Saurod, He-Man, and Skeletor. That's enough for my movie shelf.

Super7 UPDATE: Here is the first image of the unpainted Skeletor's sword that will be one of the accessories for that figure. For the armchair toy makers: We couldn't show this sooner because it needed to be approved... which happened today.

Super7 UPDATE: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the 2nd head for He-Man is now not moving forward. The figure will include a blaster accessory that has not been shown yet.

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

thanks for the update mjw41!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Super7 UPDATE: Here is the first image of the unpainted Skeletor's sword that will be one of the accessories for that figure. For the armchair toy makers: We couldn't show this sooner because it needed to be approved... which happened today.

https://i.imgur.com/gYCX4kw.jpg

Super7 UPDATE: Due to circumstances beyond our control, the 2nd head for He-Man is now not moving forward. The figure will include a blaster accessory that has not been shown yet.
    Really happy that we are getting the sword.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

What was the differences between the heads? They look pretty similar by the few shots I've seen of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    What was the differences between the heads? They look pretty similar by the few shots I've seen of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    The other head had longer hair.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    The other head had longer hair.
    The figures have to come in on cost. He-man has 4 accessories so the extra head probably was going to put the figure over cost.

I remember with Mattel the Horsemen would sculpt a tone of accessories. Shadow weaver for instance lost a lot of stuff sculpted for her we never saw because it would have put the figure over cost so mattel gave her two of the accessories
    Last edited by mjw41; March 29, 2019 at 11:24pm.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Good for Super7 letting folks know this is all for the moment, although I wonder if releasing that info before the end of the sale will cause a few last minute transactions to not happen. I love the MOTU movie but I can't see any universe (pun intended) where Kevin and Julie get figures. Well, maaayybeee a ReAction line. They just seem like figures that would make Nepthu appear downright exciting by comparison.
    You're probably right. I doubt Julie and Kevin Classics figures would be profitable. NECA said that making the Carter Burke and Newt 7" figures were grails for the company but weren't profitable. I'd buy them, but Super7 probably wouldn't sell that many of them.

Colored Skeletor sword.
    https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/24...g?v=1553906947

As expected only the normal Skeletor has one, not God / Hyper Skeletor.
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

I'm really a Super7 defender, but their talent to insult their own customers which are excited about their product and just want to see what Super7 promised at the beginning of the preorder phase, is a little bit annoying.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior

Excellent!

I never saw the point of an extra head that looked almost identical, to be honest. But I'm SUPER happy he's coming with a blaster and Skelly is getting his sword! Great news!
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I'm really a Super7 defender, but their talent to insult their own customers which are excited about their product and just want to see what Super7 promised at the beginning of the preorder phase, is a little bit annoying.
    Well they take so much flak from "fans" that I find it kind of funny and refreshing that they have a dig at the fanbase now and again.

Speaking of Julie and Kevin-
    What I really wanted was a Julie and Kev two-pack that comes with a 1/1 light-up replica of that souvenir sphere they get at the end...

Thank you for shattering my dreams, Super 7.

I guess a pink Cadillac vehicle with Gwildor in disguise is out of the question too then...
    Last edited by the fixer; March 30, 2019 at 02:39pm.

I am REALLY disappointed about the second head not being included. I don't really care much for the head that we ARE getting. I was hoping to get a better look at the head that was laying on the ground at the prototypes feet. Not only the longer hair but the face and paint apps on that face seemed to make it more accurate to DOLPH/the film. My guess is it had more to do with likeness rights than cost. SO disappointing to see that head at first reveal and then never see it again. I may not buy the set now. Have to think about it. At least they were able to disclose what items are coming with the set in the last 72 hours of the pre-order. I don't know why anyone would order until all of the information was made available. Still waiting to see the blaster that He-man is to come with.

There are things I disagree with about how Super 7 does things, but whenever I look at that Langella Skeletor, I can't manage to care about that stuff. Sucks that He-Man is losing his extra head, but honestly, I didn't get a good enough look at it in any of the photos I saw to be able to form any kind of attachment to it. Was longer hair the only difference?

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Update via a comment added by Super7 to their recent Facebook post:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, the 2nd head for He-Man is now not moving forward. The figure will include a blaster accessory that has not been shown yet."
    That's a shame. Will the people who pre-ordered based on the early descriptions get a discount / partial refund?

Also, what circumstances could be "beyond our control"? I could understand if it was an autograph or something like that, but this is just another version of a head that is already coming with the figure. Does this mean that the production head won't have Dolph's likeness?

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Agreed. It does get tiresome...

Quote Originally Posted by WalkerBoh View Post
    Well they take so much flak from "fans" that I find it kind of funny and refreshing that they have a dig at the fanbase now and again.
    You find it "funny" and "refreshing" that a company takes "digs" at its paying customers?

Wow... I hope you are never part of a company that I choose to shop with.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Fist View Post
    There are things I disagree with about how Super 7 does things, but whenever I look at that Langella Skeletor, I can't manage to care about that stuff. Sucks that He-Man is losing his extra head, but honestly, I didn't get a good enough look at it in any of the photos I saw to be able to form any kind of attachment to it. Was longer hair the only difference?
    It had longer, lighter hair, which I think maybe gave it a bit more of an 80's-looking hairstyle.
    It also looks like the face had a more of a furrowed brow.
    The extra head is at the figure's feet in the pic:

Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 30, 2019 at 07:32pm.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Looking at that pic, I think the only difference was the furrowed brow. It looks lighter because of the the light (you can see how the detail washes out, it's caused by light, not by hair colour). The hair length doesn't look any longer than the regular head.

It's disappointing to lose an accessory, but it's not a huge deal to me that it's the second head. Bandai's SHF Figuarts line often have multiple heads/faces for their figures that have the slightest differences. Really seems pointless to me unless the facial expression is completely different.