Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    According to Brian Flynn's Facebook, it appears as if the William Stout figures will be getting a mini-comic!

https://scontent.fapa1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...1d&oe=5D4992C2
    So is this legit or an April fools?
    Its odd they'd have the rights to do this cinestory style comic but the figures are based on the concept are not the movie
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

I'm sure it is a joke, but there's nothing wrong with having a bit of fun.

I wish that it wasn't a joke... I would love a comic in this style!

It does beg the question of what type of insert will be included with these figures? If anything all.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

I'd like a mini poster of the concept art

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    I am REALLY disappointed about the second head not being included. I don't really care much for the head that we ARE getting. I was hoping to get a better look at the head that was laying on the ground at the prototypes feet. Not only the longer hair but the face and paint apps on that face seemed to make it more accurate to DOLPH/the film. My guess is it had more to do with likeness rights than cost. SO disappointing to see that head at first reveal and then never see it again. I may not buy the set now. Have to think about it. At least they were able to disclose what items are coming with the set in the last 72 hours of the pre-order. I don't know why anyone would order until all of the information was made available. Still waiting to see the blaster that He-man is to come with.
    I believe you are correct on the head. It was my understanding that they were still working on likeness approvals and that they showed both not knowing for sure which it was going to be. I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered at Toy Fair. Personally, I liked the head that was sitting next to him better and thought it was more accurate to Dolph. But, still like what we are getting and really looking forward to these.

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    I believe you are correct on the head. It was my understanding that they were still working on likeness approvals and that they showed both not knowing for sure which it was going to be. I could be wrong, but that's what I gathered at Toy Fair. Personally, I liked the head that was sitting next to him better and thought it was more accurate to Dolph. But, still like what we are getting and really looking forward to these.
    Super7 corrected their former statement and confirmed now that He-Man will come with an alternate head, which should have the likeness of Dolph Lundgren.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Super7 stated on Facebook that these four are the only 1987 movie figures they get the permission to do: http://www.facebook.com/OfficialSupe...57319340190820

Attachment 119918
    Wonderful news!! Now how about we get back to non-variants, as CC was intended?

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So is this legit or an April fools?
    Its odd they'd have the rights to do this cinestory style comic but the figures are based on the concept are not the movie
    Remember, it's William Stout that's getting final approval here, and he wants to see his concept designs, not what ended up in the movie.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfHeMan View Post
    Remember, it's William Stout that's getting final approval here, and he wants to see his concept designs, not what ended up in the movie.
    Truth is, if you look at Stouts concepts, the figures look a LOT more like the movie than his concept art. Just look at them.

I would still like to know if there will be any decoration on He-Man's cloak...

Stout's design has even more cloak deco than what ended up in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I'd like a mini poster of the concept art
    That would be awesome
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

just for my italian buddies, pre-orders for wave4 and more are now open at sisco78 (and maybe many others!) a very trustworthy comic book store in Rome, prices are good for being US imported https://www.sisco78.com/preordini/58...man-18-cm.html. Guess I'll skip space figuren this time
    Awesome MOTUC getting a better distribution in recent years!
    also the megablock caste grayskull is listed as well, I'm stoked! https://www.sisco78.com/preordini/58...grayskull.html hopeful for an import Snake Mountain
    Last edited by Triklops 1; April 6, 2019 at 07:20pm.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

William Stout to appear at Mondo-Con this September.
    https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/mon...h6EkXX2SFqvJug

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    William Stout to appear at Mondo-Con this September.
    https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/mon...h6EkXX2SFqvJug
    Imagine if Mondo struck a deal to offer a 1987 Movie costume for their He-Man figure! (And, a new head with Dolph Lundgren's likeness!)

I was really excited by the movie figures and was tempted to order the He-Man and Skeletor.
    But with Super 7's track record of Quality Control and being an international customer I am not ordering them.
    Maybe after I watch some reviews on them and if the QC has improved I might try and get them. But since I started getting some MOTUC figures again I am only interested in getting my favourite characters and already have a NA He-Man and NA Skeletor so I don't need the movies figures.

It is still pretty cool Super 7 are making them and I really hope their QC control improves for the TMNT figures.

I managed to preorder these in time as these were the Classics I was waiting for but as I've never ordered from Super 7 direct before how long before they ship do we usually get to see the final product. I mean do you get a enough time before to cancel your order if there really bad? I'm in the UK so there going to be expensive to get and will be worth it if there as good as the prototypes and would have to be really bad for me to cancel them. I was just wondering if id have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyRambo View Post
    I managed to preorder these in time as these were the Classics I was waiting for but as I've never ordered from Super 7 direct before how long before they ship do we usually get to see the final product. I mean do you get a enough time before to cancel your order if there really bad? I'm in the UK so there going to be expensive to get and will be worth it if there as good as the prototypes and would have to be really bad for me to cancel them. I was just wondering if id have that option.
    Super7 doesn‘t really show properly the final products before they ship them. Maybe they are shown for a very short time in their Supercast videos like the Club Grayskull Ultimates and Wave 3 figures in this one:

News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast