Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7 - William Stout collection

Heroic Warrior
    I think movie characters are now on the table because of the long delay of a new CC wave, but even if that is true, I hope they don't do a wave of movie figures. This is a wave I would like:

King Miro (I mean he must be made by now, right?)
    Master Sebrian (I know he isn't vintage NA, but I think he is key to that era)
    Starburst She-Ra (I think it's about time they finish all the vintage She-Ra variants)
    Gold Skeletor (he is my most wanted character from the movie)

I'm just glad were getting a wave 3 at this point (I thought CC was basically dead before this was announced) That being said, I hope there is a mix of figures like they did in the past (classic, 200x, NA--She-Ra,etc) and would not want a straight movie selection. I have noticed some people have said Sagitar--is this just speculation or is this a rumor (I hope we do get that figure sometime--someway).

Heroic Warrior
    If they were going to do a all movie wave that would be great for people who want them but I would definitely pass at this point I’m hoping for a vehicle or small play set but probably will be wrong on this, even though Brian said we would understand the delay and be surprised I’m keeping my expectations lowered

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Timeless One View Post
    There could be other reasons why Brian Flynn would have made such a remark, including just ... hyperbole. I doubt that in particular, but I'm just saying. At best, what could be reasonably inferred is that Super7 is ramping up to reveal something a) unexpected and/or b) difficult or impressive in execution (hence, time-consuming). This could be in terms of what characters were selected, the number of figures in the wave, or something else reasonably time-consuming.
    i was thinking this too, it might be something time consuming like Hoove, or needed new pieces like Sagitar or Hunga. any of those would be awesome!
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I honestly have to believe that there will be a Galactic Guardian (Protector) among the assortment.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Please... please give me Staghorn.

My top six would be: Staghorn, Disco Skeletor, Bubblor, Scrollos, Songster and Lady Slither.

I expect Lady Slither is likely.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

King Miro
    Lady Slither
    Masks of Power Demons (2 pack)

I hope for Hunga and/or Sagitar, but I am now wondering if Hunga will be released in Club Grayskull, since Kittrina has been put there. Sagitar would be amazing, but I just worry about NA choices (I think having entries for toy and cartoon versions of all the NA characters really hurt them in the last Org poll by splitting the votes... And Super7 is definitely remaining loyal to those results).

Great Black Wizard, Skeleteen, Slamurai, or 200X Sorceress could be in there
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Hmm - I'd agree it would be better to release Hunga in the FM line.

I'd guess King Miro, Movie He-Man, Sagitar and Lady Slither.

I still think ladyslither
    King Miro 200x
    Hunga
    Lizzor
    Sagittar
    And one movie maybe godskeletor

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Hmm - I'd agree it would be better to release Hunga in the FM line.

I'd guess King Miro, Movie He-Man, Sagitar and Lady Slither.
    And i disagree whole heartily. Seeing Kittrina as sleek and minimalistic as possible makes me super angry. Beast-Man has no fur detail in the cartoon either but even his vintage figured has sculpted fur all over and its not distracting but gives his body textures. Kittrina should have been treated similar. It´s always the female character who get the short end when it comes to figures. It makes me so mad, i could scream:

If Hawke would have been made in her 200X version and Kittrina detailed and classiziesed like the other FILMATION characters for MOTUC and than made into FILMATION variants like Shadow Weaver i wouldn´t say a word. Everyone should get what they want and people say SUPER7 is reading the polls. Than why is Kittrina made in the wrong style when she was highly demanded for Collectors Choice?!?

Maybe they surprise us and Kittrina is made in Collectors Choice wave 3 ? But because of the delay her FILMATION version was presented before her.

If that is so, i´ll be happy and won´t complain anymore....for now, i´ll never stop complaining. I always find something it´s in my blood, i know.....
    Last edited by Niki; January 14, 2019 at 10:29am. Reason: ...missing words...dsylexia in overdrive
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

NA are long overdue. But any of this mix would be great to me:
    Hunga
    Melaktha
    Songster
    Sagitar
    Artilla
    Josh
    Joya/Bubble Maiden
    Tug-O-War
    Movie He-Man
    Movie Skeletor
    Toy Angella
    Fuerza-T

Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Okay, I ask this without a hint of malice or intention to spark a faction war, but is there really a large push for movie versions of characters we already have? I know the main guys are all done and we're down to the more specialized, specific wants now. But we still have the rest of NA, 200X and Filmation characters who needs the Classics treatment, POP variants (we are still missing a She-Ra variant, not counting toy versions), classic mini-comic characters, new mini-comic characters, unreleased vintage figures, and whatever Axel has on his sketchpad at the moment. With all that, is there really an army of people screaming for The He-Man That Killed Apollo Creed?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Okay, I ask this without a hint of malice or intention to spark a faction war, but is there really a large push for movie versions of characters we already have?
    I am loathe to confirm this, but if you look at the 2018 figure polls, "87 Movie Skeletor" (#2), "87 Movie He-Man" (#6), and "God Skeletor" (#10) all made the top 10. As a faction, that's 33% of the top 10, which is tied with comic characters -- Lady Slither at #1 and Red/Green Masks of Power Demons at #4 and #5 -- for the biggest source material representation in the top 10. Does this equate with a "large push"? Debatable, but if Super7 are depending on the polls to decide who will sell the most, there is a reason to believe movie figures would be a hit with collectors. Movie versions of Evil-Lyn (#22), Skeletor's Troopers (#27), Sorceress (#35), Teela (#47), Man-At-Arms (#56), and Air Centurian (#57) all broke the top 60.

I'm sure Super7 is also incentivized by the fact that movie variants of A-listers like He-Man and Skeletor would easily outsell someone like Lady Slither to the general public, even though she was #1 in the poll.

Conversely, we could look at the top 30 ranking figures in the poll and group them together by their source material, and here are the results:
    1. FILMation (16)
    2. Comics (5)
    3. 87 Movie (5)
    4. MYP cartoon (4)

Clearly, collectors want FILMation characters more than any other source material. Lumping them all into Club Grayskull like they did with Kittrina is going to take a chunk of highly-demanded characters away from Classics collectors.

Note that, sadly, there were no NA or POP variants in the top 30.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I am loathe to confirm this, but if you look at the 2018 figure polls, "87 Movie Skeletor" (#2), "87 Movie He-Man" (#6), and "God Skeletor" (#10) all made the top 10. As a faction, that's 33% of the top 10, which is tied with comic characters -- Lady Slither at #1 and Red/Green Masks of Power Demons at #4 and #5 -- for the biggest source material representation in the top 10. Does this equate with a "large push"? Debatable, but if Super7 are depending on the polls to decide who will sell the most, there is a reason to believe movie figures would be a hit with collectors. Movie versions of Evil-Lyn (#22), Skeletor's Troopers (#27), Sorceress (#35), Teela (#47), Man-At-Arms (#56), and Air Centurian (#57) all broke the top 60.

I'm sure Super7 is also incentivized by the fact that movie variants of A-listers like He-Man and Skeletor would easily outsell someone like Lady Slither to the general public, even though she was #1 in the poll.

Conversely, we could look at the top 30 ranking figures in the poll and group them together by their source material, and here are the results:
    1. FILMation (16)
    2. Comics (5)
    3. 87 Movie (5)
    4. MYP cartoon (4)

Clearly, collectors want FILMation characters more than any other source material. Lumping them all into Club Grayskull like they did with Kittrina is going to take a chunk of highly-demanded characters away from Classics collectors.

Note that, sadly, there were no NA or POP variants in the top 30.

I´m unsure where you looked at but in the "Who are your top 10 Variants for Collector´s Choice?" here on the he-man.org after wave 2 in July 2017 was released the top 22 were these:

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    Penny Dreadful doesn't have the time right now to tally these polls up, so I offered to take up the task on her behalf. I tried to give everyone equal footing and included everything people voted on (including Filmation variants that should really be voted on in the Club Grayskull thread). Original characters, such as Allepsatsac and Man-E-Faces II, will NOT be included because they are separate characters, just as variants weren't allowed in the main Collector's Choice thread. Those can be voted on in the main Collector’s Choice thread by clicking on this link http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ice-characters

This was the most difficult tally since many people have a different way of describing the same thing, or some people want the same thing with minor differences. So if I made any mistakes or forgot anything please bear with me. You can let me know via PM and I will adjust the tally.

The Top 30 are listed out and after that everything is seperated together by number of votes, for ease of posting. I will update the tallies accordingly. Where did your favorites end up? Enjoy!

COLLECTOR'S CHOICE VARIANTS TOP 30

1. Sorceress (200x)- 37

2. Starburst She-Ra- 31

3. Ice Armor He-Man- 30

4. Catra (vintage toy)- 25

5. Skeletor (’87 film)- 23

6. He-Man (’87 film)- 22 

7. King Randor (200x)- 19

8. Tri-Klops (mini-comic)- 18

9. Disks of Doom Skeletor (vintage NA toy/Jetlag v.2)- 17

10. God Skeletor (’87 film)- 16

10. Teela (New Adventures)- 16 

12. Prince Adam (200x)- 15

13. “Battle Armor”/Captain Randor(200x)- 14
    13. Roboto (200x)- 14
    13. Shower Power Catra- 14

16. Evil-Lyn (200x)- 13 

16. Goddess Teela (New 52)- 13

18. Scratchin’ Sound Catra- 12 

18. She-Ra (vintage toy)- 12
    18. Slime Pit He-Man- 12

18. Teela (200x)- 12

22. Baddrah- 11

22. Evil Lyn (’87 film)- 11

22. Sorceress (New Adventures)- 11 

22. Tuvar- 11
    Vintage Starburst She-Ra and Catra were Top 2 and Top 4. The regular vintage She-Ra and Scratching Sound Catra were both Top 18.

Disc of Doom Skeletor, NA Teela and NA Sorceres are part of the Top 22 as well.

*Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I´m unsure where you looked at...
    I looked at the official 2018 MOTUC Character Poll conducted here on He-Man.org.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    ...but in the "Who are your top 10 Variants for Collector´s Choice?" here on the he-man.org after wave 2 in July 2017 was released the top 22 were these
    You sited a thread specifically geared toward variants. That's all well and good, but it wasn't the official yearly poll, it was merely a thread asking specifically about figure variants.

In the official poll covering ALL wanted figures, no POP figure variants cracked the top 60.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    I looked at the official 2018 MOTUC Character Poll conducted here on He-Man.org.

You sited a thread specifically geared toward variants. That's all well and good, but it wasn't the official yearly poll, it was merely a thread asking specifically about figure variants.

In the official poll covering ALL wanted figures, no POP figure variants cracked the top 60.
    I totally forgot that official poll, i even voted in these but i guess after i saw that NA and POP didn´t even made it into the top 13.845 i blocked it from my memory...

I like the unofficial votes better. People just name the characters they like...

And it shows how delusional and clueless i really am. POP and NA does´t interest people. I guess it´s because the original eight to twelve MOTU characters aren´t a big part in these stories and in the end it´s about those i guess.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    King Miro
    Lady Slither
    Masks of Power Demons (2 pack)

I hope for Hunga and/or Sagitar, but I am now wondering if Hunga will be released in Club Grayskull, since Kittrina has been put there. Sagitar would be amazing, but I just worry about NA choices (I think having entries for toy and cartoon versions of all the NA characters really hurt them in the last Org poll by splitting the votes... And Super7 is definitely remaining loyal to those results).

Great Black Wizard, Skeleteen, Slamurai, or 200X Sorceress could be in there
    I remember I asked and pushed for Sagitar to be included in the regular characters poll. back then Val explained that Sagitar was meant to be in the beasts/oversized items poll. I insisted and provided arguments on how it could be implemented as a regular character. Val was kind enough to contact 4H on that matter and they said they were aware of Sagitar's demand but if they were to address him, they wanted to do it properly (scale & tooling wise). Val ended his comment with a phrase like you never know what can happen in an anniversary year (2019 is anniversary year, right?).

So, against the overwhelming results of the polls for regular-size characters, I will keep a remote hope for Sagitar this year as he's an oversized item.
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    I remember I asked and pushed for Sagitar to be included in the regular characters poll. back then Val explained that Sagitar was meant to be in the beasts/oversized items poll. I insisted and provided arguments on how it could be implemented as a regular character. Val was kind enough to contact 4H on that matter and they said they were aware of Sagitar's demand but if they were to address him, they wanted to do it properly (scale & tooling wise). Val ended his comment with a phrase like you never know what can happen in an anniversary year (2019 is anniversary year, right?).

So, against the overwhelming results of the polls for regular-size characters, I will keep a remote hope for Sagitar this year as he's an oversized item.
    Sagitar would be an AWESOME surprise!

My guesses:

'87 Movie He-Man
    '87 Movie Skeletor
    Lady Slither
    Green Masks of Power Demon
    Slamurai
    King Miro (200X)
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Princess Rana, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Lizorr, Hoove, Vintage Attack Trak.

Heroic Warrior
    Definitely hoping it's 6 figures like Grayskull Wave 4!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobot View Post
    Okay, I ask this without a hint of malice or intention to spark a faction war, but is there really a large push for movie versions of characters we already have?
    From Super 7's standpoint, this is a fantastic way of releasing A-List characters in the CC line. He-Man and Skeletor will always sell well, so it would be a huge win for them. Really, what other way will Super7 ever have to release Man-At-Arms, Teela, Beastman, Evil-Lyn, and Sorceress other than in their 87 Movie designs or Filmation styles? (Other than "Ultimates" and re-releases...)

Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    At this point, it almost has to be 6 figures... unless they release 4 in the next wave and save 2 extra-special CC characters as PowerCon exclusives...
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Collector Choice wave 3 from Super7

I separated out the list from the official poll by medium and roughly the top 5 or so from each. I added the combined scores for NA from Jetlag and Toy versions too. I’d take a good combo of MOTUC, MYP, and NA from this list.

MOTUC Comics
    1. Lady Slither (1)
    2. Vypor (15)
    3. Skeleteen (31)
    4. Strettch Neck (33)
    5. Great Black Wizard (40)

Filmation -POP
    1. Hunga the Harpy (3)
    2. Catra Cat Form (7)
    3. She-Ra (12)
    4. Shadow Weaver (13)
    5. Mantenna (19)

Filmation -MOTU
    1. Kittrina (9)
    2. Fisto (18)
    3. Dree-Elle (20)
    4. Cringer (24)
    5. Prince Adam (25)
    6. Ram Man (28)
    7. Stratos (29)

MYP Cartoon
    1. Sorceress (8)
    2. King Miro (11)
    3. Baddrah (14)
    4. Tuvar (17)
    5. Odiphus (39)
    6. Battle Armor King Randor (41)

NA
    1. Lizorr (combined 32)
    2. Staghorn (combined 33)
    3. Vizar (combined 46)
    4. Kayo (combined 57)

Other Mini-Comics/Concept
    1. Masks of Power Demon- Green (4)
    2. Masks of the Power Demon-Red (5)
    3. Teela-Goddess variant from modern DC comics (16)
    4. Red Beast (52)

‘87 Movie
    1. Skeletor (2)
    2. He-Man (6)
    3. God Skeletor (10)
    4. Evil-Lyn (22)
    5. Skeletor’s Troopers (27)

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_mole_hill View Post
    Hope so too
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Brian’s comment about fans finally realizing why the wait has been so long after they see the reveal leads me to believe that it’ll be a wave of 87 movie figures. We all know that Brian has publicly addressed the sticky licensing issues that come with doing movie He-Man and Skeletor figures. He has also publicly discussed exploring the possibility of Super 7 acquiring those licenses where Mattel could not. I think that’s whats been holding up this wave and that’s why everyone is gonna day “Ah ha!” When they see it revealed next month at Toy Fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Ham View Post
    “Ah ha!” When they see it revealed next month at Toy Fair.
    While I'd be happy for those who have been waiting for movie figures, it would be 'Bah bah' for me

Seriously, I hope they spread them up and don't use up a whole wave, so that everyone could be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I honestly have to believe that there will be a Galactic Guardian (Protector) among the assortment.
    2019 - New Adventures Year!!

I really hope they do release 6 figures this year.

My preferences would be:

Masks of Power Demons
    Lizorr
    200x Sorceress
    Lady Slither
    Sagitar
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O! Catch my pics on Instagram: countjudas FOR 2019: Kayo, Lizorr, Sagitar, Negator, Hunga the Harpy, Kol Darr, Catra cat form, Leo Faker, Anti Eternia MAA and Orko, Melog, Filmation Ram Man and movie figures