Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra: Origin of a Hero & Island of Magical Creatures novels coming soon

She-Ra: Origin of a Hero & Island of Magical Creatures novels coming soon

Reveal on Den of Geek.
    Coming: April 30, 2019

Click here to preorder!

The iconic heroine She-Ra is back! Discover the origin of a hero in this first chapter book set in the world of She-Ra, just in time for the reboot of the series on Netflix.

She doesn't need a hero. She is a hero. On a planet called Etheria, two forces battle for control. The Horde, with its skillfully trained soldiers and advanced technology, has one goal: to conquer all of Etheria in the name of Hordak. The other force, the Rebellion, is made up of princesses and has been fighting to maintain harmony and freedom for all of Etheria's people. Hidden among them all is a hero to be. Her destiny was written by the First Ones a thousand years ago. Now she is about to rise again.

Discover the origin of a hero in this first chapter book in the series! This book expands on the plotlines of the first two episodes, giving readers a deeper glimpse into their favorite hero's backstory. With illustrations in each chapter, these books are packed full of friendship, humor, and heart!
    Note: It looks like the book cover image in my other thread, the one from the Scholastic Canada Summer Catalog, may have been a place holder of some sort? Or possibly an alternate/variant cover? (Update: Scholastic confirmed that this was just a placeholder)

--------------------

Credit to Mikey for discovering the cover to the second book in the series, She-Ra: Island of Magical Creatures, on Amazon Australia!

Coming: June 25, 2019

Click here to preorder!

Fans of the Princess of Power will be thrilled with this original story set in the world of the She-Ra series from Dreamworks on Netflix! With illustrations throughout, and packed full of humor, magic, and friendship, these chapter books are the perfect way for a whole new generation of She-Ra fans to get to know the Princess of Power and her band of heroic friends.

In this second chapter book, Adora is still learning to use her powers as She-Ra, leading to some hilarious situations. Can she master her powers--and her leadership skills--to unite all the princesses against a threat from the Horde?

islandofmagicalcreatures.jpg

--------------------

Two new Scholastic items have appeared on Amazon! The first is a "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Rebel Princess Guide" (pictured here). The second is an as yet untitled She-Ra: Chapter #3 book with no image shown. See official descriptions, release dates and links to pre-order below.

Coming: September 3, 2019

Click here to preorder!

An in-world, humorous guide to everything Etheria, from She-Ra's POV! Complete with magic sequins on the cover.

Adora has a lot to learn once she discovers she's the princess She-Ra! There are new friends to get to know, new kingdoms to explore, and a new way of life outside the Fright Zone to get used to (um... what's a birthday party?!). Adora keeps track of it all in this notebook -- her own primer on how to be a rebel princess. Complete with magic sequins on the cover!

rebelprincessguide.jpg

--------------------

Coming: November 5, 2019

Click here to preorder!

"The iconic heroine She-Ra is back! An all-new original chapter book set in the world of She-Ra, just in time for the reboot of the series on Netflix.

Fans of the Princess of Power will be thrilled with this original story set in the world of the She-Ra series from Dreamworks on Netflix! With illustrations throughout, and packed full of humor, magic, and friendship, these chapter books are the perfect way for a whole new generation of She-Ra fans to get to know the Princess of Power and her band of heroic friends.

In this third chapter book, Adora and her friends work together to track down some powerful First Ones tech that they hope can help the rebellion. But they aren't the only ones who want the tech... can She-Ra and her crew outsmart the Horde and come out on top?"
    --------------------

Click to view on Instagram

Attachment 119645

--------------------

UPDATED October 2nd, 2018

Scholastic to publish new books for She-Ra, Clifford

Attachment 117918

Scholastic Entertainment is getting ready to roll out new publishing programs for upcoming series revamps She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (pictured) and Clifford The Big Red Dog.

In partnership with Universal Brand Development and DreamWorks Animation Television, Scholastic will launch an extensive line in the US and Canada next summer for She-Ra, including original fiction for seven- to 10-year-olds written by bestselling author Tracey West (Dragon Masters). The program will also feature graphic novels curated by series executive producer Noelle Stevenson (Lumberjanes, Nimona), as well as fill-in journals, in-world guidebooks and novelty boxed sets.

Telling the story of an orphan who discovers a magical sword that transforms her into the legendary warrior princess, the new She-Ra series is slated to debut on Netflix on November 16.
    http://kidscreen.com/2018/10/02/scho...e-ra-clifford/
    Last edited by Tallstar; March 11, 2019 at 08:25am.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Professor SkeleTorbeck Streamside's Avatar

Den of Geek: She-Ra Novel Cover Reveal and Excerpt (Exclusive!)

The author has done a lot of work for children’s franchises, including Sailor Moon & Powerpuff Girls, so this looks to be a solid choice for a book aimed (judging by the cover art, etc) at young girls (and boys) 3rd-5th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Awesome! I can't wait to add more POP books to my collection!
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)

That is one androgynous looking character.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkor View Post
    So what...?
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I think little girls will be able to see a "girl" thanks to the hair. I don't see an issue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    So what...?
    So I don't like it. No me gusta.

Women and men come in all different sizes and shapes, generally speaking athletic women tend to have smaller breasts as they have lower fat to muscle ratios. She-Ra and Adora are certainly athletic. I find this whole "she has no boobs, She isn't wearing lipstick & eyeshadow therefore she looks 'like a boy'" argument to be tedious.
    A fabulous new wardrobe was revealed to me the day I held aloft my sword and said...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Moon View Post
    Women and men come in all different sizes and shapes, generally speaking athletic women tend to have smaller breasts as they have lower fat to muscle ratios. She-Ra and Adora are certainly athletic. I find this whole "she has no boobs, She isn't wearing lipstick & eyeshadow therefore she looks 'like a boy'" argument to be tedious.
    I completely agree with Cheshire Moon. All sizes and shapes are beautiful in their own way. The Amazons were a race of strong athletic women who didn't wear make-up or perfume, and came in all shapes and sizes, and no man dared challenge them. That's the way it should be.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

Credit to Mikey for discovering the cover to the second book in the series, She-Ra: Island of Magical Creatures, on Amazon Australia! (Edit: It's been added on Amazon USA, too!)
    Click here to preorder!

islandofmagicalcreaturs.jpg
    Last edited by Tallstar; January 19, 2019 at 06:47am.

Heroic Warrior
    Very happy a novel has been licensed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Credit to Mikey for discovering the cover to the second book in the series, She-Ra: Island of Magical Creatures, on Amazon Australia! (Edit: It's been added on Amazon USA, too!)
    Click here to preorder!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1547892874

islandofmagicalcreaturs.jpg
    Thanks Tallstar, I would have posted the news about the new She-Ra book here myself, but I was busy with my Create Change campaign, and forgot to tell my friends here.

Illustrator Amanda Schank just posted a tweet about She-Ra: Origin of a Hero.

amanda.jpg

Will this be made available on audible?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: nevermind, it’s a kid’s book...

Two new Scholastic items have appeared on Amazon! The first is a "She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Rebel Princess Guide" (pictured here). The second is an as yet untitled She-Ra: Chapter #3 book with no image shown. See official descriptions, release dates and links to pre-order below.

Click here to preorder!

An in-world, humorous guide to everything Etheria, from She-Ra's POV! Complete with magic sequins on the cover.

Adora has a lot to learn once she discovers she's the princess She-Ra! There are new friends to get to know, new kingdoms to explore, and a new way of life outside the Fright Zone to get used to (um... what's a birthday party?!). Adora keeps track of it all in this notebook -- her own primer on how to be a rebel princess. Complete with magic sequins on the cover!

rebelprincessguide.jpg

--------------------

Click here to preorder!

"The iconic heroine She-Ra is back! An all-new original chapter book set in the world of She-Ra, just in time for the reboot of the series on Netflix.

In this third chapter book, Adora and her friends work together to track down some powerful First Ones tech that they hope can help the rebellion. But they aren't the only ones who want the tech... can She-Ra and her crew outsmart the Horde and come out on top?"

Click here to preorder!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...4&d=1552170036

rebelprincessguide.jpg

--------------------

Click here to preorder!

Thanks for this information Tallstar, I can't wait to add all these She-Ra/POP books to my collection!

I think "Island of Magical Crestures" has the best cover art of the bunch.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

I wonder when the cover photo and title for the book that's coming out in November will be released.

Illustrator Amanda Schank just posted a tweet about She-Ra: Origin of a Hero.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...9&d=1551089062

amanda.jpg
    OK, I really like the cover art here. It makes the design look less clunky and more refined.

I'm going to pick these up to read with my daughter. Do I get one copy we share or one for my MOTU collection and one just for her?
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I wonder when the cover photo and title for the book that's coming out in November will be released.
    A title for this book has appeared on Amazon.

Song of the Sea Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

I'm going to pick these up to read with my daughter. Do I get one copy we share or one for my MOTU collection and one just for her?
    2 copies!

A title for this book has appeared on Amazon.

Song of the Sea Witch

2 copies!
    Thanks Tallstar, that's amazing news, and I love that title Song Of The Sea Witch.

10 DAYS until "She-Ra: Origin of a Hero" is released!

Click here to preorder!

https://bit.ly/2VXoX0K

amandaschanktweets.jpg

--------------------

She-Ra: Origin of a Hero is out today!

Click here to purchase your copy!

Me and my daughter's copies will be here this afternoon. Pretty exciting stuff!
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Me and my daughter's copies will be here this afternoon. Pretty exciting stuff!

Definitely! My book won't be here for a few days. In the meantime, I'm reading the Kindle version and have already finished Chapter 3. haha! What's neat about Origin of Hero, is that (so far) it's expanding on things that happened in the cartoon series and further fleshing out the characters. I'm sooooo happy that Octavia is in this! Chapter 3 is focused on her.

--------------------

Rachel Jacobs narrated the She-Ra: Origin of a Hero audiobook. She posted this message to her Instagram yesterday. https://bit.ly/2LfxqeO

"Not all hero’s wear capes, but this one does!

Happy release day to the first in the She-Ra book series! (By @traceywest8628 based on the scripts by @gingerhazing and #josiecampbell, illustrated by #amandaschank ) I’m so grateful to have had the opportunity to narrate this series for @scholasticinc, special thanks to @norwalk2128 for thinking of me for this, had a blast recording this with @audio_lincoln at @deyanaudio . It’s always fun when you get to binge watch a series over and over as book prep and study the voices of the amazing performers (@laurenelizabethash @trickybear @aimeecarrero @iamaj @vellamarie @karenfukuhara @marcusscribner @lorrainetoussaint @meritleighton - with wonderful direction by @kikiinspace @maryelizabethmcglynn @ramsiegel)"
    Last edited by Tallstar; May 1, 2019 at 10:52am.