Thread: Age gap between Sea Hawk and Mermista.

Age gap between Sea Hawk and Mermista.

Sea Hawk is an adult with many years of sailing and burning ships . He refers to himself as an old sailor , I think ? Somewhere between late 20's and naughty 40's ?

Mermista is a teenager somewhere around I dunno 14 or 17

Remind me
    What's the age of consent laws are on Etheria ?

Last edited by Lokus; January 13, 2019 at 07:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Sea Hawk is an adult with many years of sailing and burning ships . He refers to himself as an old sailor , I think ? Somewhere between late 20's and naughty 40's ?

Remind me

How much of Sea Hawk's backstory is the result of an untrustworthy narrator? He seems like the kind of guy who would puff up his own resume.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Widget
    Even if I was Mermista's father, I wouldn't be concerned. Let's just say that Mermista doesn't seem like the type of person that this version of Sea Hawk would be romantically interested in.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post

Remind me

Where do you get that Mermista is a teenager? She doesn't look (nor act) like one to me at all. She seems to be in her 20-somethings at the very least.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; January 15, 2019 at 08:16am. Reason: typo
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

I would guess:
    Sea Hawk very early twenties
    Mermista quite late teens

Heroic Warrior
    I read Sea Hawk as 20/21 and Mermista as 18/19 (i.e. older than Adora / She-Ra). Sea Hawk proclaims himself to be many things and I think almost all of it is simply him being bombastic. I don't think his hirsuteness necessarily means that he's significantly older than the rest of the Princess Alliance.

And I'm not even sure about their ... relationship. It seems that Mermista doesn't mind having him around, if it suits her purposes, but I didn't get a great sense of any real connection, physical or otherwise, between the characters.

I feel Mermista is depicted as early 20's. I feel Sea Hawk is depicted no more than mid 20's if not also early 20's (but older than Mermista by a bit if you like).

Sea Hawk has probably been hustling and sailing since he was a boy. I imagine him as an orphan pretty quickly, or learning very well with his father at a young age. So he has gotten around.

Court Magician
    I'm pretty sure that someone associated with the series has said that all of the Princesses aside from Frosta (whom we know is a pre-teen) are meant to be in their teens (13-19).

Master of New Adventures!
    Could be it's like dog-years on Earth.

Mermista is probably very late teens (so 18 or 19), whilst Seahawk is mid-twenties, I think. I don't think there's a problem with that.

Sea Hawk neither looks nor acts like an old sailor. I think he's more of a kid who thinks he's been through so much when in fact he didn't. My guess is that he is in his early twenties. So, yeah, he is older then Mermista, but he is not like an old man.