Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: Far From Home Trailer

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar

Spider-Man: Far From Home Trailer

Looks good! Mysterio!!!

Looks pretty good.

I'm impressed with that Mysterio outfit and the fact that he does have the bowl head.

Looks cool. My only complaint is that the entire trailer is one big spoiler for End Game.
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

You laugh at me because I question everything. I laugh at you because you question nothing.

It's funny, because I just heard on a podcast a few days ago that Disney ( or whoever is in charge ) would NOT be showing trailers like this because it spoils INFINITY WAR. Granted, we were also told that AVENGERS ENDGAME would absolutely NOT be called ENDGAME.

Anyway, I really like MYSTERIO's costume, and it's awesome to see him on the big screen. Aunt May sure seems to be cool with Peter being SPIDER-MAN. I guess being a masked, street level superhero isn't nearly dangerous as we all think. Lol!!
    Odd Man Out

So... Hydro-Man? Sandman? AND (possibly) Molten Man?

Are these real villains, or just illusions conjured up by Mysterio?

Also, is Mysterio a semi-good guy in this? (Jake Gyllenhaal is an interesting choice for a villain who primarily hides in a fish bowl...)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Looks good.

I like how it looks, though I think Spider-Man 2 is still probably the last time that felt like the definitive universe of the character on screen. Still no JJJ? I really don't think JK was *that* hard of an act to follow. And I'm still not down with Michelle/MJ not just being Mary Jane, or such a dweeby guy being Flash Thompson--but at least their beats felt on-character (that is, if she WERE the character).

While I like "Aunt Mei", making her so cool with Peter's secret that she's even doing PR with him makes her feel like a non-love interest version of Pepper Potts. In fact, the moment between her, Peter, and Happy felt like it was air-lifted from an Iron Man movie if that had been the dynamic between Happy and Pepper. And was Holland deliberately playing that "what just happened" moment like RDJ's Tony Stark? It may have just been them having fun, but it was definitely a Stark line and not far off from a RDJ delivery. Cute moment, BUT it leads me to

an amused and-not-too-serious Endgame fan theory number-who-the-hell-can-count-these-things-anymore: Iron Man will seemingly die in Endgame but not before doing the Spock mind meld thing somehow on an unsuspecting (and obviously resurrected) Peter, who will now unknowingly be carrying Starks' katra around with him as the new emcee of the MCU (MCUMC?) until whatever event is needed to justify a RDJ return stunt. Clearly I've fallen for one-too-many click-bait headlines on comicbook.com

RE the Elementals I hope that

they're real but they're in league with Mysterio and putting on a show as part of what is sure to be his scam. They *could* be fake, but then their punches have to really land on Spider-Man so they can't be just illusions--which takes us into Syndrome and Omnidroid territory, meaning he could and probably WILL lose control of them. And if that's the case, shouldn't they just be the actual characters so they can be incarcerated in the Raft to be reused in future MCU movies? I hope they are not wasting more villains on a fake out like the Mandarin.

Also theory about MCU Spider-Man Part 3: Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends now that Iceman and Starfire will be back with Marvel.
    Last edited by gbagok; January 16, 2019 at 07:58am.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Didn't they say earlier that this was happening before Thanos events?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Didn't they say earlier that this was happening before Thanos events?
    I thought that I had read that this takes place after the next Avengers movie (End Game), meaning immediately afterwards. This film is supposed to take place a VERY short amount of time after that movie, or at least that is what I recall reading at some point. I could be mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Looks pretty good.

I'm impressed with that Mysterio outfit and the fact that he does have the bowl head.
    My first impression was "he looks like a live action Darius from New Adventures!", ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I thought that I had read that this takes place after the next Avengers movie (End Game), meaning immediately afterwards. This film is supposed to take place a VERY short amount of time after that movie, or at least that is what I recall reading at some point. I could be mistaken.
    Looks like you are correct, and I recall now people questioning if Peter Parker was going to be Spider-man in the film or not . Captain Marvel is a take back into time, and a couple others were possibly stated to happen just before like Guardians 3 but could have been a red herring, since as a general rule the movies to flow from one to the next.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Honestly? I was not impressed with Homecoming, I mean they all worked so hard for giving us a good Marvel film but it feels forced. Trailer looks promising, I mean Spidey returns on the big screen, nothing new uh?! Mysterio looks very cool, whereas the actor who portrays him not that happy just like Brie Larson maybe their agent pushed for them to win these roles. They both look bored haaa.

and it reminds me so much of the Smurfs 2, also set in Paris, same old Sony's strategy. The first is good, the second meh?!

Other than that, 2019 will be another win for Marvel at the box office, I cant even imagine Endgame final results, with Captain Marvel and Spidey2 also doing great.
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "LET THE POWER RETURNS....!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    Honestly? I was not impressed with Homecoming, I mean they all worked so hard for giving us a good Marvel film but it feels forced. Trailer looks promising, I mean Spidey returns on the big screen, nothing new uh?! Mysterio looks very cool, whereas the actor who portrays him not that happy just like Brie Larson maybe their agent pushed for them to win these roles. They both look bored haaa.

and it reminds me so much of the Smurfs 2, also set in Paris, same old Sony's strategy. The first is good, the second meh?!

Other than that, 2019 will be another win for Marvel at the box office, I cant even imagine Endgame final results, with Captain Marvel and Spidey2 also doing great.
    They were playing too much catchup for one thing. The MJ thing still not sure what that's all about. Vulture could have been handled better.

I think what most people liked was the fact that Tom Holland's portrayal felt the truest to Spider-man and Peter Parker. The combo tends to have the same problem Batman/Bruce Wayne has, most interpretations get one right but not the other.

Heroic Warrior
    I think they're way too liberal with the term 'Teaser Trailer'... that's a full on trailer showing characters, fights, personal interaction and surprise cameos... is that supposed to indicate there will be another trailer revealing MORE of the plot?? Yeesh..

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post

Also, is Mysterio a semi-good guy in this? (Jake Gyllenhaal is an interesting choice for a villain who primarily hides in a fish bowl...)
    I remember I had a script idea that I totally wanted to do back around the original Spider-man 3... or maybe 4. My plan was 1) Show that Spider-man has an actual career that DOESN"T have the camera pointed at him. Characters like Rhino and Electro and Chameleon and stuff would show up in Newspaper articles to show that not EVERY bad guy gets a 3 act origin story and Spidey has done more than fight 2 or 3 battles... I REALLY wanted to see that.

My second thing was that Mysterio would have been the big bad... and yeah, Sandman, Rhino, Electro... the Sinister 6... Green Goblin, Doc ock… Whatever I could cram in there would be hallucinations and special effects that Spider-man would have to fight a gauntlet through. Really blow up the Spider-man corner of the marvel universe... and Mysterio is the perfect villain to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Vulture could have been handled better.
    I'm not sure it could have... Vulture has always been one of the lamest Spidey Villains fo all time... and some how Keaton turned him into the best MCU villain we'd had to date... Thanos probably took the crown, but I was amazed at how interesting they made Vulture.

I personally love that he's a criminal... knows he's a criminal... has his reasons and Decided to be a Criminal... And doesn't regret he's a criminal.

No mind control... no mental insanity... no redemption arc. and no death. Doc Ock and Green Goblin were done pretty well too back in the day... but the fact that it 'wasn't REALLY their fault'... always defanged them a bit too much. This Vulture is a bad guy who'll still be a threat when gets out of jail later

I would have lost a LOT of money that MCU could make Vultrue awesome... yeah... his girlfriends dad was a bit weak... but the rest of it was amazing.

I think what most people liked was the fact that Tom Holland's portrayal felt the truest to Spider-man and Peter Parker. The combo tends to have the same problem Batman/Bruce Wayne has, most interpretations get one right but not the other.
    I'm a bit torn on that. I'm probably just sick of high school peter, but the fact that he's so wide eyed hero-worship of Tony Stark really irks me. Needing Tony's permission to do anything, not making his own suit... it's all just a bit too much. He actually feels like the LEAST true Spider-man to me.

They're still fun movies... but to me it feels like the Amazing Spider-man 2 was my favorite... His Peter was a bit weak, but his Spider-man was sooooo perfect that I forgive the Peter flaws. Spider-man 2 is REALLY close contender and sometimes takes top spot, but things like helping the kid with his science project and putting on the fireman's hat to blast Electro with the hose pushes Garfield into top spot for me.

Homecoming just had me saying "no... that's not right... where did THAT come from..." way too often for it to ever be a 'definitive' Spider-man to me.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I think they're way too liberal with the term 'Teaser Trailer'... that's a full on trailer showing characters, fights, personal interaction and surprise cameos... is that supposed to indicate there will be another trailer revealing MORE of the plot?? Yeesh..

I remember I had a script idea that I totally wanted to do back around the original Spider-man 3... or maybe 4. My plan was 1) Show that Spider-man has an actual career that DOESN"T have the camera pointed at him. Characters like Rhino and Electro and Chameleon and stuff would show up in Newspaper articles to show that not EVERY bad guy gets a 3 act origin story and Spidey has done more than fight 2 or 3 battles... I REALLY wanted to see that.

My second thing was that Mysterio would have been the big bad... and yeah, Sandman, Rhino, Electro... the Sinister 6... Green Goblin, Doc ock… Whatever I could cram in there would be hallucinations and special effects that Spider-man would have to fight a gauntlet through. Really blow up the Spider-man corner of the marvel universe... and Mysterio is the perfect villain to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure it could have... Vulture has always been one of the lamest Spidey Villains fo all time... and some how Keaton turned him into the best MCU villain we'd had to date... Thanos probably took the crown, but I was amazed at how interesting they made Vulture.

I personally love that he's a criminal... knows he's a criminal... has his reasons and Decided to be a Criminal... And doesn't regret he's a criminal.

No mind control... no mental insanity... no redemption arc. and no death. Doc Ock and Green Goblin were done pretty well too back in the day... but the fact that it 'wasn't REALLY their fault'... always defanged them a bit too much. This Vulture is a bad guy who'll still be a threat when gets out of jail later

I would have lost a LOT of money that MCU could make Vultrue awesome... yeah... his girlfriends dad was a bit weak... but the rest of it was amazing.

I'm a bit torn on that. I'm probably just sick of high school peter, but the fact that he's so wide eyed hero-worship of Tony Stark really irks me. Needing Tony's permission to do anything, not making his own suit... it's all just a bit too much. He actually feels like the LEAST true Spider-man to me.

They're still fun movies... but to me it feels like the Amazing Spider-man 2 was my favorite... His Peter was a bit weak, but his Spider-man was sooooo perfect that I forgive the Peter flaws. Spider-man 2 is REALLY close contender and sometimes takes top spot, but things like helping the kid with his science project and putting on the fireman's hat to blast Electro with the hose pushes Garfield into top spot for me.

Homecoming just had me saying "no... that's not right... where did THAT come from..." way too often for it to ever be a 'definitive' Spider-man to me.
    To be fair I never gave Amazing 2 much of a chance, mostly because I didn't like how they handled the Peter part in the first one and the executive meddling was pretty apparent in the final cut of the film. That said I do think the relationship aspect was handled quite well even considering you could tell stuff had gotten changed.

Also I have heard the hero worship of Tony was part of the plan because

Tony Stark as been the face of the Marvel movies for the most part, even surviving Civil War much better than he ever did in the comics. Tony is expected to die and pass on the torch to Spider-man.
    Last edited by wyldman11; January 16, 2019 at 08:04pm.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Trailer looks very good and Mysterio looks great! I can see how seeing Spider-Man and Nick Fury in this movie could disappoint some people as this movie is supposed to take place after Avengers: Endgame but most people knew (or at least should know) that characters like Spider-Man and Black Panther would not remain "erased" forever. Like Infinity War before it, most knew what was going to happen, what we didn't know how it was going to happen...

I am looking forward to seeing this film in theaters opening weekend!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

PHANTOM, I find myself agreeing with practically everything you said. Out of ALL the Marvel movies, VULTURE is my favorite villain. For me, he has absolutely been the most relatable. It used to be MAGNETO ( up to a point ), but Keaton's VULTURE knocked him off his perch.

Your last sentence hit home too. As I watched "Homecoming", I felt the same way: That's new....what the heck?.... That's certainly different... For example, I don't really care that they sort of traded his 'Spider Sense' for a techno suit with A.I. It seems that this is the Spidey for a new, younger generation. That's not really a complaint, just an observation.

Also, aren't 'Teaser Trailers' usually like....only 20 or 30 seconds long, and kind of choppy?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 16, 2019 at 11:45pm.
    Odd Man Out

I'm a bit torn on that. I'm probably just sick of high school peter,
    So much this.

After playing through the PS4 Spider-Man game (if you haven't yet, go do it, it's fantastic), I have really come to appreciate an older, wiser and more comfortable Spider-Man. I'm sick to death of the teenage problems, awkward peer interactions, and silly 'sneaking-out-of-the-house-to-save-the-world' stuff...

but the fact that he's so wide eyed hero-worship of Tony Stark really irks me. Needing Tony's permission to do anything, not making his own suit... it's all just a bit too much. He actually feels like the LEAST true Spider-man to me.
    Bingo again!

Marvel Studios royally screwed up when they essentially made Peter into Iron Man's toady. That is the one reason why the MCU Spidey will never be the true Spider-Man...

Also I have heard the hero worship of Tony was part of the plan because
    Again, if Avengers Endgame is nothing but 2.5 hours of Tony Stark suffering and dying, I will give it 5-Stars and two thumbs up.

Some people attribute the success of the MCU to RDJ and Iron Man... whereas I see differently, I think Iron Man has handcuffed and railroaded the MCU into certain directions that it never should have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I can see how seeing Spider-Man and Nick Fury in this movie could disappoint some people as this movie is supposed to take place after Avengers: Endgame
    Not only that, but because it says that Spider-Man can't make it in his own movies... first Tony Stark, now Nick Fury.

Maybe in Spider-Man 3, Peter can play second fiddle to Chris Evans' Captain America?
    Last edited by Uki; January 20, 2019 at 07:41am. Reason: :)
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    PHANTOM, I find myself agreeing with practically everything you said. Out of ALL the Marvel movies, VULTURE is my favorite villain. For me, he has absolutely been the most relatable. It used to be MAGNETO ( up to a point ), but Keaton's VULTURE knocked him off his perch.

Your last sentence hit home too. As I watched "Homecoming", I felt the same way: That's new....what the heck?.... That's certainly different... For example, I don't really care that they sort of traded his 'Spider Sense' for a techno suit with A.I. It seems that this is the Spidey for a new, younger generation. That's not really a complaint, just an observation.

Also, aren't 'Teaser Trailers' usually like....only 20 or 30 seconds long, and kind of choppy?
    Keaton was good casting for Vulture
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post

If that.

The new Ghostbusters thing they just released was what I remember 'Teasers' being. Batman Returns had one too... Basically just slow motion zoomed in on the logo and that's it. It's a way for the studio to say 'HEY LOOK WHAT'S COMING!!!' but didn't tell you ANYTHING about the movie itself. Didn't reveal any costume designs. Nothing with the enemies... no real 'acting' at all... just 'Coming soon' And a flash of the logo.

Frankly in the day of the internet and social media... 'Teasers' aren't even needed anymore. Everyone already KNOWS these things are coming... and this countdown they like to do for essentially a trailer for a trailer is tedious. There is no way we should have seen Mysterio already. Frankly we shouldn't see him in the ACTUAL trailer... That kind of reveal should be saved for the actual movie. Revealing too much about these shows doesnt' build hype... it actually kills it. People just shrug and say they'll wait for the bluray because they've seen all the good parts already.

- - - Updated - - -

So much this.

After playing through the PS4 Spider-Man game (if you haven't yet, go do it, it's fantastic), I have really come to appreciate an older, wiser and more comfortable Spider-Man. I'm sick to death of the teenage problems, awkward peer interactions, and silly 'sneaking-out-of-the-house-to-save-the-world' stuff...
    I have, and it's brilliant! It was everything I ever wanted in a Spider-man game.

I personally think College is the 'sweet spot' for Spider-man. He's on his own. He has adult responsibilities. Dating, drugs etc are a part of his world. He no longer has a curfew and has to lie to aunt may everytime he sneaks out at night... It's no longer against the law for him to skip a class to fight Electro... Things like that. Still younger than most... but not a child. High school should be left in the dust... Even Stan Lee had him graduated by what? #28? High School was just a blip in the career of Spider-man.

Again, if Avengers Endgame is nothing but 2.5 hours of Tony Stark suffering and dying, I will give it 5-Stars and two thumbs up.

Some people attribute the success of the MCU to RDJ and Iron Man... whereas I see differently, I think Iron Man has handcuffed and railroaded the MCU into certain directions that it never should have gone.
    I think that's a bit harsh. I do think RDJ pushed Iron Man into the spotlight. Prior to that Iron Man was a mediocre character at best. Nobody had any idea WHAT to do with him... up to randomly replacing him with the Teenage version and then ignoring it. RDJ did a fantastic job making him fun and interesting... but I'll certainly admit it's getting old. Iron Man should NOT be the center of the MCU... He should be a side character. He should never be the leader of the Avengers... he's not 'leader' material. He's arrogant and Brash and people really shouldn't follow him anywhere. They don't even need to kill him (I don't believe in randomly killing characters that still have story use) but he should definitely go away. A random headline here and there about Stark Industries new computer or something that keeps him 'in the world'... but NOT showing up in armor and stealing the spotlight in every movie. Keep him around for the eventual/hopeful Avengers 5 (Secret Wars)… but have him do his business stuff in the background.

Y'know... just like the comics. Iron Man is a big character in the world... but never shows up in a Spider-man or Daredevil comic... they don't need him, he has other stuff to do.

I love the Tony Stark hero worship.

Peter is a total geek, and there is no one else in the world that he would idolize more than Tony Stark. I think its totally in character. Stark would be a massive inspiration to an entire generation of kids.

And I like that he made his own original suit, but then got the massive upgrade from Tony. Peter, at his age, shouldn't be able to come up with something THAT sophisticated. Honestly, I don't even think the Maguire or Garfield suits look like something a kid without a serious fashion/tailoring background could pull off.

That said, I think the suits have way too much tech. Spider-Man has enough abilities that he doesn't need ALL those extra gadgets.

Well the so-called leaked script that came out months ago said that Mysterio....

.....is like Syndrome from the Incredibles. He's a special effects expert and failed actor, just like in the comics, but his motive is to become a hero so he creates "fake" villains for him to battle and defeat. He wants to use his notoriety as a hero to become famous and rich since he couldn't make it as an actor. Apparently there is a "void" in the hero community and Beck thinks he can use that to his advantage.

the hero worship isn't out of character, various times and versions he has said to have looked up to Stark, Richards, Banner (may not have been mentioned may have been someone else) and others of that ilk.

Civil War comic starts with Tony trying to get Peter on their side, and Tony is basically caught off guard when Peter shows that he not only read some of Reeds papers but showed a good understanding of what was talked about in the paper. Tony actually thinks he's wasted his intellect at that point. Not taking into account, Peter started his career in crime fighting at a much earlier age and actually stops common criminals with Richards, Stark and the others focusing on more high profile criminals.

Widget
    The teaser excites me, I will definitely see this movie. I kinda miss Stan Lee's cameo and I am excited to see his appearance on Avengers: Endgame. So many great movies to look forward to this year.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I love the Tony Stark hero worship.

Peter is a total geek, and there is no one else in the world that he would idolize more than Tony Stark. I think its totally in character. Stark would be a massive inspiration to an entire generation of kids.
    That's a disturbing concept...

Tony at his heart is an arrogant *******. He's a rich bully who disrespects everyone who isn't him... He may have great tech, but he's not a very admirable person. The best character development he ever got was back in IM1 where he realized what a jerk he was and practically scuttled his company to try and make things right... but every movie after that wants to keep Tony around that 'act 1' mentality.

One of the benchmarks for Peter was that he was constantly bullied, weak, and small kid... but when he puts on the costume he's a SUPERHERO... He's brimming with confidence and self-assurance. He says and does things that Peter never could. He may 'respect' characters like Tony and Reed for their achievements... but he wouldn't and shouldn't fall instantly into sidekick mode asking for instructions and permission to be Spider-Man. He was a big fan of Reed Richards.. but that didn't stop him from infiltrating the FF building and fighting them all to prove his awesomeness back in his 2nd appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    And I like that he made his own original suit, but then got the massive upgrade from Tony. Peter, at his age, shouldn't be able to come up with something THAT sophisticated. Honestly, I don't even think the Maguire or Garfield suits look like something a kid without a serious fashion/tailoring background could pull off.

That said, I think the suits have way too much tech. Spider-Man has enough abilities that he doesn't need ALL those extra gadgets.
    That's part of the problem. Spider-man's costume shouldn't have all that tech in it. Spidey's costume is basically Spandex and a flashlight. All the tech is in the webshooters and tracers.... but the costume itself anyone could sew together with a second hand sewing machine. Garfields' hit that level pretty well. It had that spandex look to it... but Mcguires' sure didn't. The raised webbing and puffy material always bothered me about that one too.