Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: Far From Home Trailer

My Spider-Man would never idolize a self-centered, arrogant, womanizing alcoholic...

No, Peter would much rather admire the work of Reed Richards, Dr. Bruce Banner, T'Challa, and Hank McCoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Well the so-called leaked script that came out months ago said that Mysterio....
    Now I'm wondering if Marvel Studios is going to pull a master stroke plot reveal on us... Mysterio might just be all smoke and mirrors to keep us from knowing the true super-villain in the movie.
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    Waiting for more William Stout characters!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    My Spider-Man would never idolize a self-centered, arrogant, womanizing alcoholic...

No, Peter would much rather admire the work of Reed Richards, Dr. Bruce Banner, T'Challa, and Hank McCoy.
    Also an absolutely brilliant inventor that made himself into a legit superhero. And at the time, Reed Richards and Hank McCoy didn't/don't exist in the MCU, T'Challa was a virtual unknown to most of the world and Banner...well Banner hadn't been particularly highly regarded in quite some time. In the MCU, Stark was the man. Technology-wise he was miles ahead of the rest of the world, he was a celebrity and a hero.

People often overlook the flaws in their heroes - even in today's age where we have more access than ever. But he also doesn't have the "advantage" of watching the movies and knowing all the intimate details of Stark's life. Its amazing what a ton of money and the best PR teams in the world can do for one's image.

In fact it's part of the reason Peter responds the way he does when Tony is flirting with his aunt. Peter has had the 'your aunt (mom normally) is hot" conversation with friends, that he would have tried to keep Tony and her apart if at all possible if he knew Tony was a womanizer.

Page 1 of the Daily Bugle, Tony 'Iron Man' Stark saves world from oversized nanonite invasion. Page 25 Tony Drunk Again.

You're looking at Tony through your perspective, not that of Peter. I am not a Tony Stark fan, was he portrayed well? Heck yeah. Has the character gotten too large? Yes, I do think this is one of the few times killing the character is the only way to keep him from being the dominant force he has been in MCU.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

What part of this trailer won't appear in the film then?

After thinking about it, I realized what an entirely different dynamic you'd have in the AVENGERS movies with a more experienced, mid 20s aged Spider-Man. Can you imagine??
    Odd Man Out

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    After thinking about it, I realized what an entirely different dynamic you'd have in the AVENGERS movies with a more experienced, mid 20s aged Spider-Man. Can you imagine??
    A less interesting dynamic I think...

I like having a young hero on the team. The sense of wonder, the worry if he belongs, the impulsiveness of youth. I think he's a great contrast to all these older guys or girls who have seen it all.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    In fact it's part of the reason Peter responds the way he does when Tony is flirting with his aunt. Peter has had the 'your aunt (mom normally) is hot" conversation with friends, that he would have tried to keep Tony and her apart if at all possible if he knew Tony was a womanizer.

Page 1 of the Daily Bugle, Tony 'Iron Man' Stark saves world from oversized nanonite invasion. Page 25 Tony Drunk Again.
    I doubt that greatly.

The PR machine only works so well... and frankly Tony loves the spotlight. When you think of all the crap that paparazzi dig up and plaster about celebrities personal lives... There's no way that Tony has some kind of golden glow about him. His drunken debauchery and probably a half-dozen sex tapes are certainly out there for anyone interested in the character to know about.

'Saved the world' is still a great big giant check in his favor... but so is all the juicy gossip too.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I doubt that greatly.

The PR machine only works so well... and frankly Tony loves the spotlight. When you think of all the crap that paparazzi dig up and plaster about celebrities personal lives... There's no way that Tony has some kind of golden glow about him. His drunken debauchery and probably a half-dozen sex tapes are certainly out there for anyone interested in the character to know about.

'Saved the world' is still a great big giant check in his favor... but so is all the juicy gossip too.
    You might sometimes be surprised when a friend that you wouldn't expect goes to show you a snap on snap chat, and all of the sudden the wouldn't expect part is them justifying, explaining a way, why they have followed celebs like Kylie Jenner.

The point is Peter could overlook or not care to look into the stuff that is negative about Tony. This is why Charles Barkley years ago said, "I'm not a role model." Because people were looking up to him as such and ignoring the less than positive aspects of his life and other things.

This is why it will be interesting that while Nick Fury will be present in the next movie his approach and all that will be completely different than what we saw with Tony Stark. Nick Fury is having Spider-man deal with the threat, giving him advice. Tony was being every bit of a dbag that he could be in the situation. I haven't seen Infinity War part 1 yet to see how they relationship is there, that will be happening here soon though.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

You might sometimes be surprised when a friend that you wouldn't expect goes to show you a snap on snap chat, and all of the sudden the wouldn't expect part is them justifying, explaining a way, why they have followed celebs like Kylie Jenner.

The point is Peter could overlook or not care to look into the stuff that is negative about Tony. This is why Charles Barkley years ago said, "I'm not a role model." Because people were looking up to him as such and ignoring the less than positive aspects of his life and other things.
    Absolutely.

People, especially teens have a very strong ability to focus on the good in their "heroes". For a kid who is a science/tech geek, Tony Stark represents EVERYTHING. He's super rich, he's super famous, he builds all the best stuff. He literally used science to make himself into a real superhero. He's a normal human that made it so he can stand side-by-side with gods, monsters and legends.

It doesn't diminish Peter or his inherent "goodness" in the least that he would look up to the guy who is the very best in the world at what Peter is interested in.

Heroic Warrior
    Tony was being every bit of a dbag that he could be in the situation. I haven't seen Infinity War part 1 yet to see how they relationship is there, that will be happening here soon though.

Honestly didn't have much of a problem with the way Tony has treated Peter. It's... ALMOST responsible. His whole attitude of 'youre too young, get some experience, stay safe... Let the big boys take care of the big problems makes perfect sense. Anything less really IS child endangerment... and it isn't even his kid.

I loved the showdown they had after the ferry where Tony summed it up as 'If you screwup and people die... that's on you and you'll have to live with it... If you screw up and get yourself killed... That's on me."

He used him to fight Captain America.... but let's be honest... Nobody REALLY thought Cap's team would go lethal on the kid. It was a glorified sparring match, until Vision friendly fired War Machine. But to treat him like an equal and a partner... Peter just wasn't there yet.

Personally that's what I tend to advocate for. A more self sufficient, reliable and experienced Spider-man who CAN work in a team environment without checking with management for every action.

Honestly didn't have much of a problem with the way Tony has treated Peter. It's... ALMOST responsible. His whole attitude of 'youre too young, get some experience, stay safe... Let the big boys take care of the big problems makes perfect sense. Anything less really IS child endangerment... and it isn't even his kid.

I loved the showdown they had after the ferry where Tony summed it up as 'If you screwup and people die... that's on you and you'll have to live with it... If you screw up and get yourself killed... That's on me."

He used him to fight Captain America.... but let's be honest... Nobody REALLY thought Cap's team would go lethal on the kid. It was a glorified sparring match, until Vision friendly fired War Machine. But to treat him like an equal and a partner... Peter just wasn't there yet.

Personally that's what I tend to advocate for. A more self sufficient, reliable and experienced Spider-man who CAN work in a team environment without checking with management for every action.
    I agree with why Tony was doing it, it's the way he handled it. Which obviously didn't work. Interestingly it's one of the things I think is more realistic. The current older generation is having a problem training the current younger generation. The reason being is by and large they are trying train them the way they were trained which worked and can work, but isn't always going to work especially given how the current younger generation is. It worked with the older generation because of various factors that set it up like that. It's not that the current younger generation can't be trained, it's more they aren't going to be trained in that way.

Yeah.... I'm pretty sure Peter wouldn't be admiring a guy who built his fortune on war and weapons development/trade. Especially after the way he lost his uncle Ben.

Did Tony do right by denouncing his weapons development? Sure, after countless lives were affected/lost by his technology. Does he seem genuinely sorry about that? Hmmm, if he does, you certainly wouldn't be able to tell by the way in which he carries himself.

Even if Hank McCoy and Reed Richards didn't exist in his world, Peter would have chosen a better role model... Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky, Scott Aronson, heck, even Elon Musk and Steve Jobs would be better choices than a weapons-merchant...

Why does he not gush over Henry Pym? He belongs to the MCU and is one of the most brilliant minds in the Marvel Universe...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm curious what Pym is known for? Obviously his SHIELD stuff is classified... the 'Ant-man' project was a myth... He didn't do anything with Ultron or robotics...

He has a huge building with his name on it.. but they don't really get into what they DO there...

I'm curious what Pym is known for? Obviously his SHIELD stuff is classified... the 'Ant-man' project was a myth... He didn't do anything with Ultron or robotics...

He has a huge building with his name on it.. but they don't really get into what they DO there...
    He also stopped being Ant Man before Peter was even born.

Tony Stark, warts and all, is the absolute face of technology in the MCU. I’d imagine a lot of people would see the good Iron Man has done as redemption for past sins.

And again, it’s not like the characters in the movies have access to the films like we do. A lot of what we see isn’t public or common knowledge.

Stephen Hawking, Noam Chomsky, Scott Aronson, heck, even Elon Musk and Steve Jobs would be better choices than a weapons-merchant...
    Do we know any of them exist in the Marvel Universe? They probably don't as movies and comics try to avoid using real life people as characters. Its much more likely that instead of Apple or Android products that the majority of the world uses Stark tech.
    Last edited by BCI Guy; January 20, 2019 at 04:27pm.

Plot device to have the Ant Man suit. Ever since Hank Slapped Janet in the comics he's been branded a wife beater by a fair number of comic readers. I believe that was the reason they have down played him in the MCU.

also there is a strong reason why Iron man, Tony Stark would beat any of those out. and I will just post the article.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...89274491907895

The SHIELD stuff is classified, but much of his work in nanotechnology, biochemistry, and cybernetics has kept him a busy man fulfilling contracts for private companies as well as with the government.

Also, Hank Pym is a scientific genius with expertise in the fields of quantum physics, robotics/cybernetics, artificial intelligence, and entomology. So, I'm betting he has published more than a couple of books on his discoveries and most likely has taught classes at the local university in said fields.

The new trailer dropped today(Do not watch if you have not seen Endgame and do not want spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE

Very interesting that a multiverse has been made official... Pretty sure this is how the X-Men and FF are going to be brought into the Mcu now--they come from other Earths. Mayybeee we could even see a cameo later with McGuire and Garfield as their versions of Spiderman
    Last edited by He-Kal; May 6, 2019 at 04:21pm.

Avenge The Fallen Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar

I don't necessarily see a reason why the Fantastic Four would need to be from another Earth. They get their powers as a result of an accident. It's not like mutants who would have their abilities for most of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    The new trailer dropped today(Do not watch if you have not seen Endgame and do not want spoilers): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9L1jCKGnE
    No not going to happen it opens up OTHER universes like the ultimate etc.

Hmm....interesting. However, considering what Mysterio is known for, would it be wise to take anything in this trailer at face value?

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    No not going to happen it opens up OTHER universes like the ultimate etc.
    Oh, I'm sure the Ultimates could be there too..

to be able to replace the loss of Cap and Iron-Man. I just can't believe Marvel will not be tempted to show new versions of the characters since they are such big cash cows (esp--Iron-Man)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Hmm....interesting. However, considering what Mysterio is known for, would it be wise to take anything in this trailer at face value?
    True--but I think it makes a lot of sense that Marvel is going this route since it would be able to open up new avenues for new heroes and it worked so well with Into the Spider-verse.

"The world needs the next Iron Man."

Really? Why?

"I miss him..."

WTF?!? How about your UNCLE BEN, you douche!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    This is what I was thinking too...

in fact, I was thinking that "Black Spider-Man" isn't even Tom Holland and, instead, comes from Mysterio's world.

This is what I was thinking too...

People are speculating that the black Spiderman is Spiderman noir as seen in the Spider-Verse comics and recent movie. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we see Spidey Gwen in this thing.

did not liked the trailer, uhmmm.....
    it's sony'curse for all their sequels, smells like amazing spider man 2

....we'll see, Tom Holland is super funny down to earth guy anyway and Mysterio is a fave villain of mine of the spider-verse, finally represented on the big screen. Go spidey!
    "The Most Powerful Man in the Universe..."
    "Where Hope seems Lost..."
    "Good Journey!"
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "A Hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."
    "A Hero will Rise..."
    "The Power of Grayskull Awakens......"
    "Let the Power Returns....!"

So, a new-ish trailer is out (warning: this trailer is kinda spoilery): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdsAsV32maM After watching this I am really starting to think this Mysterio is a multi-verse version of Peter grown up (there are rumors circulating around that this is the case). When I look at Gyllenhaal in this role I can definitely see an older Peter with a beard. Has anyone else noticed this?