Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man: Far From Home Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    So, a new-ish trailer is out (warning: this trailer is kinda spoilery): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdsAsV32maM After watching this I am really starting to think this Mysterio is a multi-verse version of Peter grown up (there are rumors circulating around that this is the case). When I look at Gyllenhaal in this role I can definitely see an older Peter with a beard. Has anyone else noticed this?
    I hope not he needs to be a villain...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I hope not he needs to be a villain...
    Well, I think that's just it--I think he will be a villain... He's basically going to be an example of what Tom Holland's Spidey could become if he takes a wrong path (these are the rumors I have seen online regarding him betraying everyone but to make it worse he is going to be a multi-verse Peter). Of course, these are rumors and they can be hit or miss for sure, but seeing how much Jake looks like Peter Parker, I can't help but wonder if these rumors are on base this time..

Awesome! this movie was awesome! Even the two end credits to all the people that hate Marvel (Mainly because of their success) need to see this film because it's a GREAT film....

Okay, guys, just came out of the movie. Awesome movie, incredible post credits scenes, but

in the credits itself there was a copyright info for He-Man! Did anyone get the easter egg or reference? I only got Star Wars, Power Rangers and Voltron.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Okay, guys, just came out of the movie. Awesome movie, incredible post credits scenes, but
    The He-Man reference was in a scene that got cut from the final film. Will hopefully show up as a deleted scene on home release.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    The He-Man reference was in a scene that got cut from the final film. Will hopefully show up as a deleted scene on home release.
    Ah, thanks. Too bad.

Was the scene in one of the trailers or how do you know?
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior
    Good movie, liked it better than the first movie. I do think the first credits scene really should have been added to the end of the movie, though. IMHO, this is the best live action Spiderman movie since The Amazing Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Good movie, liked it better than the first movie. I do think the first credits scene really should have been added to the end of the movie, though. IMHO, this is the best live action Spiderman movie since The Amazing Spider-Man.
    I think this was was as good as Homecoming and Spider-Man 2 Amazing Spider-Man 1 &2 were BAD...

Heroic Warrior
    I think this was was as good as Homecoming and Spider-Man 2 Amazing Spider-Man 1 &2 were BAD...
    I love Amazing Spider-man 2. I truly believe that was the very best Spider-Man ever was. I still think the original Spider-man 2 with Doc Ock had a vastly superior script and made a better movie, but I loved Garfield in the role in that sequel. THAT was the soul of Spider-man. It's a lot Henry Cavill and even Brandon Routh. I think he could be a decent superman but I've despised every movie he's worn the cape...

Far From home... was a GREAT movie. I loved it a lot and it backed away from a lot of the things I did NOT like about Homecoming while giving me more of the stuff I DID like. Lots of fun, and I want to see it again before my vacation this week is over I'm still dealing with the high of seeing it so right now I'm putting it at my #3 Spider-man movie.

Heroic Warrior
    I really liked Garfield as Parker/Spider-Man and I think he and Emma Stone had great chemistry together, which is why I enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man. I thought Amazing Spider-Man 2 was good, but the villian Electro was kind of weak IMHO. I thought Foxx did a good job, I just didn't really like his story. Spider-Man 2 is by far my favorite live action Spidey film because I think everything was top notch: actors, script, story, and execution. I prefer Spidey to be older which is why I knock down Homecoming a peg because it dealt too much with high school. Far from Home had them traveling in Europe and away from the typical high school scene, which helped me enjoy it more.

I try to like Spiderman, but even as a kid I had a REALLY hard time getting into the character. I have seen all of the movies and they are all kind of 'meh' to me. I was not a fan of the new armor with the spider legs in the newer Avengers movies. Is that something he had in the comic?
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyCat View Post
    I try to like Spiderman, but even as a kid I had a REALLY hard time getting into the character. I have seen all of the movies and they are all kind of 'meh' to me. I was not a fan of the new armor with the spider legs in the newer Avengers movies. Is that something he had in the comic?
    Yes it's called the Iron Spider

- - - Updated - - -

I really liked Garfield as Parker/Spider-Man and I think he and Emma Stone had great chemistry together, which is why I enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man. I thought Amazing Spider-Man 2 was good, but the villian Electro was kind of weak IMHO. I thought Foxx did a good job, I just didn't really like his story. Spider-Man 2 is by far my favorite live action Spidey film because I think everything was top notch: actors, script, story, and execution. I prefer Spidey to be older which is why I knock down Homecoming a peg because it dealt too much with high school. Far from Home had them traveling in Europe and away from the typical high school scene, which helped me enjoy it more.
    But that's who Peter Parker WAS first a high school kid..Not some 20 or 30 something man

Heroic Warrior
    Yes it's called the Iron Spider

- - - Updated - - -

But that's who Peter Parker WAS first a high school kid..Not some 20 or 30 something man
    Oh yeah I understand that. I just don't really like the high school stories and prefer his post high school career ones.

This covers Mary Jane and Ariel being cast with black women aka The War on Gingers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTH8H4FKyrQ
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither!"

I went to go see Far From Home today. Freakin' loved it. Right now I feel like I enjoyed Homecoming a little bit more - but, not by much. Can't wait to see where the next movie goes.

Oh yeah I understand that. I just don't really like the high school stories and prefer his post high school career ones.
    OK but I trust Marvel more than Sony they should just sell back to Marvel and it will happen at one point...It needs to be HOME...You think Marvel gave Sony some shots with the last two names of the films? HOMECOMING (He's back temporary) and FAR FROM HOME (He's still not back 100%)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I saw the movie this weekend in IMAX I like it very much. It was a very good movie. I loved Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio and this movie definitely shows why he is the Master of Illusions! Those scenes showing the full spectrum of his abilities are some of the best on the big screen and some are taken directly from the comics (or at the very least heavily inspired by them). The humor was usually pretty spot-on (except for a couple of noticeable instances) and I can't wait to see where the series goes from here (especially with the 2 end credit scenes!). I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    OK but I trust Marvel more than Sony they should just sell back to Marvel and it will happen at one point...It needs to be HOME...You think Marvel gave Sony some shots with the last two names of the films? HOMECOMING (He's back temporary) and FAR FROM HOME (He's still not back 100%)
    Oh I definitely trust Marvel more than Sony too (I still have some misgivings about the upcoming MOTU movie). However, given how much money Far from Home is making, I can't see Sony giving up Spidey anytime soon. One thing I do like about these Tom Holland movies is they are picking villains that have not appeared in previous Spidey films. Rumor is that Kraven could be in the 3rd movie, which makes sense given the mid-credit scene.

Heroic Warrior
    Not to me.

Peter Parker graduated High School in Amazing Spider-man #28 back in 1965. 28 issues in high school... then It was College Age Peter. College Age in the 'Amazing Friends' Cartoon... in the 90's cartoon... pretty sure he was either in college or out of it already in the 70/80's live action series... I was pretty much introduced to Spider-man AFTER he was long out of high School so to me 'College' Spider-man that's skipping class (without people calling his aunt and actually being illegal...) balancing part time jobs, rent, girlfriends and family along with being a super-hero.... That's MY Spider-man.

High School is a good origin and starting point... but Spidey doesn't REALLY hit his stride till he starts becoming a 'man'. I will say that was my favorite part of both Garfield and McGuire's Spidey's was that they got away from High School. I'm ready for Holland to move on too. The Actor's 23... He may look young enough to play 16... but he'd be believable as a 20 year old too

I think Spidey graduated college before the 80's even began so I'm like a lot of guys that, even though we enjoy the origin, we're anxious to get to adult, getting married Spidey. The one in full control of his powers and a well respected member of the Marvel Universe. That's what I grew up with in the 80's and 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I saw the movie this weekend in IMAX I like it very much. It was a very good movie. I loved Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio and this movie definitely shows why he is the Master of Illusions! Those scenes showing the full spectrum of his abilities are some of the best on the big screen and some are taken directly from the comics (or at the very least heavily inspired by them). The humor was usually pretty spot-on (except for a couple of noticeable instances) and I can't wait to see where the series goes from here (especially with the 2 end credit scenes!). I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.
    I loved this movie overall. Couldn't agree more about Gyllenhaal and how they handled Mysterio. This was my favorite Marvel movie since Black Panther.
    We canít pretend that the Trump Presidency is this weird anomaly that we can just kind of recover from by returning to the old normal. We are where we are because normal didnít work. - Pete Buttigieg

Same here that's how i felt and like the end credits sequence.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    I think Spidey graduated college before the 80's even began so I'm like a lot of guys that, even though we enjoy the origin, we're anxious to get to adult, getting married Spidey. The one in full control of his powers and a well respected member of the Marvel Universe. That's what I grew up with in the 80's and 90's.

I loved this movie overall. Couldn't agree more about Gyllenhaal and how they handled Mysterio. This was my favorite Marvel movie since Black Panther.
    But like I said who cares right? This version Spidey is where they should have started back in 2002 I don't have a problem with taking it slow especially since Tom Holland is so young still...

Nailed it.

Best. Live-action. Spidey. Villain. Period.

Although I felt that this movie was very sub-par (only wears the red & blue in an illusion?!?), I loved the effects used for Mysterio.

Also, "Peter-tingle"
    We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

It was an enjoyable film, not quite as good as I'd been led to believe though. Like others have said the bits, especially the first one, where mysterios powers are being used were really good though.

Maybe they will include the he-man toy scene in the deleted scenes on blu or UltraHD.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.