Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What first time filmation characters would you not mind if you got them in CG only

What first time filmation characters would you not mind if you got them in CG only

I’ve been reading the boards a lot, especially on how people are taking kittrina only be introduced in the CG line, not coming out in the CC first. I have always been of the mantra as CC first, after CG if the fan base asks for it. Now not sure moving forward what is going to be the method, hopefully S7will fill us in at NYTF, but one scenario I see playing out is that we will get 5 variants and one new figure, all in CG form. If that were the case, are there characters that you would be ok with just Represented in the CG line and who would those be?

I will say this, I am all about new characters, really care less about most variants ( the true variants like king Miro, count Marzo, multibot I want) but the rest I could with out. That being said I surpriseingly jumped around on the characters that hugged this line. I thought madame razz, dylamug, and kittrina look preatty good in their respective lines not sure what I would change if the switched lines, where as Hawke, and granita seem way more CG and wish I got more CC detail from them.uncle Montpellier and Dre Elle I’m fine with just getting them in CG as there is not much that would have changed had they come out in CC minus packaging. That being said I would be cool with the following just in CG if it expediate the process of getting more new figures quicker.

Only CG
    Twiggets- not much will change in the crossover
    Negator- simplistic character in design,
    King Stefan- Randors brother in the filmation series, again doesn’t need to much fluff
    Red Knight- simple enough design
    Facet- might as well reuse granita buck for something
    Duke Dreer- not as popular as other hordemen

CC first the CG if demand is there
    Hunga- I do not want her design dumbed down, she has to be in CC first would be a travesty that happens
    King Micah- want him to get the treatment Randor got
    King agho- great large scale figure option as well as red beast
    Anghast- could make him a very cool figure indeed
    Admiral scurvy- he would look great with CC detailing

Will add more to this list as it comes to me. Intreasted to hear what others have to say?

Basically just the Twiggets I think. They really should stick to the Classics first model. Maybe Chef Allen.
    Thundercats Hooooooooooo!

Heroic Master of Typos davidlogan's Avatar
    All new characters should appear in Classics' style before Filmation.
    "..."

Gleedal
    Garth
    Ileena
    Harpy Sorceress
    Zalt
    Melaktha (though he may be coming in Club Grayskull in the summer)
    Twiggets (obviously)

Heroic Warrior
    All filmation characters should be done in CG first. That seems obvious filmation in filmation style

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

1.) Melaktha with Eternian artifacts

2.) Inspector Darkney

3.) Admiral Scurvy with Squall

4.) General Tataran

5.) Black Beard

6.) Kothos

7.) Red Knight

8.) Yukkers

9.) Queen Elmora with Photanium Chains & Photanium Body Cell

10.) Widgets 3 pack (Lara, Squinch & Kendo)
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

The Twiggets and any other character whose design is inherently cartoony. Just like how Orko / Dree Elle / Uncle Montork would basically look the same regardless of which line they were released in.

All other characters should be released in Classics first, just like they have been since the beginning of the line.
    Check out my on-going project: THE UNOFFICIAL MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS COMPLETE COLLECTION GUIDE
    Featuring photos, bios, accessories, release dates, and trivia for every figure, beast, vehicle and playset released in Masters of the Universe Classics!

I have no preference whether they come out in Club Grayskull or Collector's Choice first. I just want more unique characters period.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Lizorr, T-Rex, Great Black Wizard, rest of New Adventures, MOP Demons, Dream Mistress.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Ileena, Twiggets, Dragoon, Widgets, Dark Dream, Lady Valtira, Count Marzo, Chimera.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Melaktha, Chef Allen, Twiggets.....that's about it. The rest, I would prefer the extra Classics elements added to them.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    What first time filmation characters would you not mind if you got them in CG only?
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    ^This!

The Twiggets
    Dragoon
    Melaktha
    The Red Knight
    The Enchantress
    Kothos
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by degra View Post
    All filmation characters should be done in CG first. That seems obvious filmation in filmation style
    I agree with degra.

This. All should be classics. CG should just be variants.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    This. All should be classics. CG should just be variants.
    But that's NOT what this thread is about.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

So then the answer is: None.
    "Listen Closely-- This is the TRUTH, No mere Myth!"

Heroic Warrior
    The thread is irrelevant ultimately. Super 7 is clearly doing filmation characters be that unique or variants in the accurate cartoon looks as evidenced by Hawke, Kittrina, Dylamug.

They are doing things the way they want. Not obliged to whatever Mattel did long ago or what former brand managers preferred. It’s a new era thankfully It seems the only change being made is removing the filmation characters from CC to CG rather than slotting them into CC spots like they initially did with Hawke, Dylamug and Granita

Folks are just gonna have to get over it

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

I agree. I can't name any Filmation characters I do want to see in Classics style. Save Collectors Choice for more important stuff like NA.

We need the POWER of the GOOD and the WAY of the MAGIC !!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** Uber NEW ADVENTURES Fan!!!**
    It's TIME to finish the New Adventures figure lineup !!!

For the purpose of the thread:

-GARN
    -KOTHOS
    -COUNT MARZO
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; January 17, 2019 at 12:36am.
    Odd Man Out

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    The thread is irrelevant ultimately. Super 7 is clearly doing filmation characters be that unique or variants in the accurate cartoon looks as evidenced by Hawke, Kittrina, Dylamug.

They are doing things the way they want. Not obliged to whatever Mattel did long ago or what former brand managers preferred. It’s a new era thankfully It seems the only change being made is removing the filmation characters from CC to CG rather than slotting them into CC spots like they initially did with Hawke, Dylamug and Granita

Folks are just gonna have to get over it
    I agree with what he said.

Anyway collectors were complaining FILMation figures were stealing slots in CC for 200X, NA or mini comics during Mattel era and lots wanted they moved all FILMation characters to CG.

That is impossible to be approval unanimously.

Even if they made FILMation unique characters in CC and CG, some of us would complain they were stealing slots again for real CC figures and some of us would complain that is too much money, too many variants or they would say they have not enough space in their toyroom...
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Preach. This is how it should be.

Do not care cc or cg, but the more they make the best it is

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    But that's NOT what this thread is about.
    Op asked a question and I answered it. That is how these things work. Which ones....I said none. Pretty straightforward.

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post
    I agree with what he said.

Anyway collectors were complaining FILMation figures were stealing slots in CC for 200X, NA or mini comics during Mattel era and lots wanted they moved all FILMation characters to CG.

That is impossible to be approval unanimously.

Even if they made FILMation unique characters in CC and CG, some of us would complain they were stealing slots again for real CC figures and some of us would complain that is too much money, too many variants or they would say they have not enough space in their toyroom...
    I do not agree with you when done right almost no-one complained about FILMATION characters being part of Collectors Choice. Masque is a beloved figure and he is done the right way with enough amount of added details but still very much in line with FILMATIONs simple design.

People started complaining when Hawke came not "Classiziesed" and the same happened with Granita where SUPER7 had to give her extra detailing and paint applications to make her more Classics.

The complains are about the way they look or should look and not that they are FILMATION.

I donīt like that people assume i donīt like FILMATION because i want their designs more detailed. More details are not a bad thing. For cartoons simplicity is the cheapest and easiest way but in real life it looks to cartoony...what a shocker..?!?

So i say the complaining is more about choosing the wrong way of doing it.

And i donīt think anyone here is mad if they get a Collectors Choice version first and than a FILMATION variant. FILMATION is the big seller so people should have faith in that line. Your favorite will be made, donīt you think?

AND to answer the threads question:

Not a single character should be made in Club Grayskull first. They all should be made in Collectors Choice first as it has been established by MATTEL in that more detailed style and after that simplified again to match the cartoony style of Club Grayskull as a variant.
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

If there were a character that only appears in filmation, then keep them in filmation. Don't need a classic and filmation version of kittrina. Besides wouldn't want to use up classics slots with filmation. Would rather have concept, 200x, NA and more for classic slots
    Last edited by enoch; January 17, 2019 at 11:20am.