Thread: Original 1980's Mini Comics Discovered

Court Magician

Original 1980's Mini Comics Discovered

I have been cleaning out my cellar/crossbase and have opened up a box which contains lots of MOTU comics- many of these are the original mini-comics from the 1980s that accompanied the action figures. I also have the STAR comics series, 1-12 (can't find #13 just yet). Additionally, I have the original 1982 or 1983? DC MOTU comics series (set of 3) and then also 6 or 7 comic books from the 2000 series. Not to mention the re-releases of a few of the original action figures like Clawful, Buzz Off, and so on. I also have a 2000 Man At Arms still in the package (and probably a few more- I also had a 2000 He Man and 2000 Skeletor but unfortunately opened those and they are ruined now).

Needless to say, there's a lot of stuff there I had totally forgotten about.

Here's a snapshot of the mini comics I have:

motu_minis.jpg

How much are these min comics worth? They are all in pretty good condition, many of them still close to mint.

Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by tpi View Post
    I have been cleaning out my cellar/crossbase and have opened up a box which contains lots of MOTU comics- many of these are the original mini-comics from the 1980s that accompanied the action figures. I also have the STAR comics series, 1-12 (can't find #13 just yet). Additionally, I have the original 1982 or 1983? DC MOTU comics series (set of 3) and then also 6 or 7 comic books from the 2000 series. Not to mention the re-releases of a few of the original action figures like Clawful, Buzz Off, and so on. I also have a 2000 Man At Arms still in the package (and probably a few more- I also had a 2000 He Man and 2000 Skeletor but unfortunately opened those and they are ruined now).

Needless to say, there's a lot of stuff there I had totally forgotten about.

Here's a snapshot of the mini comics I have:

motu_minis.jpg

How much are these min comics worth? They are all in pretty good condition, many of them still close to mint.

Thanks!
    Mini comics go from anywhere from $2-3 a piece to $100ish for the rarest ones. Yours are all fairly common, although you do have some foreign versions that will be worth more to some collectors, particularly if they're a hard to find foreign version. I will say your Obelisk version is one that I haven't seen before.

The She-Ra comics are a little harder to come by and will probably sell pretty fast if you sold them for $5 each. Some of them might be worth more.