Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Three 5.5” - Mer-Man, Orko, Prince Adam, Trap Jaw & more

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    I want them to mix in some other figures that never got a 5.5 release like prototype figures or characters like Lodar, Geldor, Masks of Power Demons, etc.
    Isn't that what they are doing? Robot He-man, Shadow Weaver, Evil Seed...?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    I think peope wait for not Filmation based characters like He-Ro and Eldor. And the still not revealed unknown Vintage MotU designs Super7 found in the inheritance of this one designer which took all his stuff with him when he left Mattel.
    News editor on PlanetEternia.de, the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe website
    Part of "Das HE-MANische Quartett", the No. 1 German Masters of the Universe podcast

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Evil-seed looks great!
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    I think peope wait for not Filmation based characters like He-Ro and Eldor. And the still not revealed unknown Vintage MotU designs Super7 found in the inheritance of this one designer which took all his stuff with him when he left Mattel.
    Those are different lines tho - He-ro and Eldor are from the Powers of Grayskull line, the others are "Filmation 5.5". I think they were only lumped together for convenience. But I personally wouldn't expect them to do much more with PoG at this point.

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Those are still all Filmation though—which is cool and all but that’s now 3 or 4 waves of reveals where every 5.5 has been done in Filmation style (with the exception of POG He-Ro and Eldor). I like the Filmation style but I was really hoping to see other styles and sorce material used for this vintage style line and not ONLY Filmation. I was hoping this would be a line that would mix in other unreleased prototypes like Vikor and Fearless Photog, or mini comic characters like Lodar and Geldor, or MYP characters, or Space Mutants or etc. etc. Instead it seems like the focus here is all Filmation with the 2 POG figures just being a couple of one offs.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    I was surprised to not count Buzz-Off as a part of the CG wave 4,
    specially after MEF coming with his weapon.
    Now I'm 99% sure he's been inserted into the next one as we could notice lately
    that S7 kinda optimizes its offering in a very short pace of time when it comes to
    its 5.5 vintage Motu & CG brand.
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; January 31, 2019 at 06:21pm.
    NEW EP "STORIES UNTOLD" OUT NOW!
    Available on: Itunes Store / Apple Music & Amazon
    More info here: https://www.facebook.com/glenlarocheofficiel
    Listen the single "Sometimes ... Something" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZCUBWFNASk

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    Those are different lines tho - He-ro and Eldor are from the Powers of Grayskull line, the others are "Filmation 5.5".
    Did they say this 5.5 line is the “Filmation 5.5 line”??? I’m not saying you are wrong and based on these reveals it certainly does appear that way—but if that’s the case it’s news to me and it’s news that I find a bit disappointing. You might be right but I remember talking to S7 at SDCC when they were first teasing this line as something they were thinking of doing and back then it sounded like the 5.5 line was going to include a variety of figures and not just Filmation. Plans change and that conversation was extremely early in the planning but I was still going under the assumption that this line was still more wide open and not just a “Filmation” line. Again, I like Filmation but was hoping this vintage inspired line would be more than just that.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer

And apparently more upcoming figures have been leaked...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6BowxfDlk4
    Last edited by KevMar; January 31, 2019 at 09:03am.

Court Magician
    So the 3rd wave is more likely going to be Trap Jaw, Mer-man, Orko and Prince Adam, seeing that all of these are already shown on card. Unless they do 6 figures again, which seems to be a new trend (Wave 2 Neovintage, Wave 4 CG).

Heroic Warrior
    So only the first four characters have been released? And there already teasing wave 4 we should get these some time in 2020 they take forever on these 5.5 figures I thought these would come more quickly due to five points of articulation really wish they would get the resealable packaging for these and the ultimate’s ,at 20 bucks a piece I don’t need this many variants
    Last edited by Skeletor68; January 31, 2019 at 07:16am.

Heroic Warrior
    1. They can keep all of those translucent variants. Hopefully they are just Con exclusives.
    2. Evil Seed and Shadow Weaver look great. (Shadow Weaver appears to have hinged shoulders like the vintage Sorceress) Definite buys.
    3. Not too happy about the number of Filmation variants but...
    4. Merman looks great and I will probably buy.
    5. Orko looks great but I am not sure I will buy.
    6. Stratos and Buzz-Off look great but I’m probably not buying.
    7. Evil-Lyn needs work. Her head seems a little big but more importantly she needs her cape and an actual Caucasian skin tone. Not Simpsons Caucasian skin tone. Possible buy if they fix these issues.
    8. Trap Jaw’s mechanical arm doesn’t look like that in the cartoon. I hope they change it.
    9. They should resculpt Prince Adam’s head so he has a smile instead of such a serious look.
    Last edited by whakojacko; January 31, 2019 at 08:58am.

Orko, Mer-Man, Trap-jaw look the best.
    Evil Lyn unfortunately looks more like the original vintage figure instead like the cartoon figure. I hope they adjust the colour of her skin accordingly to the filmation look (hint: they won't)
    PlayStation 4 owner? Join our Masters of the Universe community with 3k members.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 0RK0 View Post
    Evil Lyn unfortunately looks more like the original vintage figure instead like the cartoon figure. I hope they adjust the colour of her skin accordingly to the filmation look (hint: they won't)
    Which kind of negates the whole “As Seen on TV” thing if you ask me. Which is an issue I have with some of the other figures in this line. Hordak needed a complete overhaul on his head to match the cartoon, not just some tweaks to the vintage head. She-Ra’s cape was too short as well as a poor design choice. Trap Jaw’s shoulder/arm mechanic is off model. They just stopped short of getting these right. Still all great looking figures but I still feel they just miss the mark as to what they are supposed to represent.

These look fantastic. Evilseed is a must. Always loved the Filmation design.

Not big on the color variants, but the others are definitely must haves. I’ve always wanted Evil Seed, Shadow Weaver, and a better looking Orko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widget
    Great news! I NEED and WANT more NOW!!

Super7, I see what you did there!

Unbenannt-1.jpg

Widget
    I might get Orko and Merman.... maybe but really not sure actually due to Wave 1's poor quality. Will see what my preorder of wave 2 brings... one thing is sure though, if I end up buying Orko & Merman that will be via a third seller, most definitely not through S7.

Edit: scrap that, looking back at wave 2 pictures I'm not really excited about those anymore and would rather focus on MOTU ReAction and keep my real vintage collection just because that's what I grew up with. I guess the poor experience took a lot of the excitement away for me and I don't see the added value compared to the real vintage line anymore. I bought 2x wave 1 and 2x wave 2 and will most likely stick them on eBay at some point.
    Last edited by Finn; January 31, 2019 at 03:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyCulture View Post
    Super7, I see what you did there!

Unbenannt-1.jpg
    LMAO! For the record, I prefer the original He-Man but I don’t know... The artist that tried to restore that painting ruined a one of a kind piece of artwork. There are still thousands of vintage He-Man figures out there to be had. Besides, Filmation He-man isn’t that bad lol. On the other hand, with so many lines going at once and so many issues with the quality of some of their products, perhaps Super 7 has bitten off more than they chew. Much like the woman that thought she could restore that painting.

Quote Originally Posted by whakojacko View Post
    LMAO! For the record, I prefer the original He-Man but I don’t know... The artist that tried to restore that painting ruined a one of a kind piece of artwork. There are still thousands of vintage He-Man figures out there to be had. Besides, Filmation He-man isn’t that bad lol. On the other hand, with so many lines going at once and so many issues with the quality of some of their products, perhaps Super 7 has bitten off more than they chew. Much like the woman that thought she could restore that painting.
    IMO The real problem with the Filmation style 5.5 He-Man is that his harness crosses over his belly and not his sternum. Of all the trivial things people kvetch about, I’ve never seen anyone call that one out.

So with all these new figures we have seen pictures of who exactly is IN wave 3? And what are those translucent figures?

Heroic Warrior
    Shadow Weaver!

How cool. I don't really want to start collecting another line, but the release of Shadow Weaver does make grabbing a She-Ra and Hordak very tempting. I wonder what the likelihood is of seeing Catra, Glimmer and Bow? That would be a decent little PoP collection for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    IMO The real problem with the Filmation style 5.5 He-Man is that his harness crosses over his belly and not his sternum. Of all the trivial things people kvetch about, I’ve never seen anyone call that one out.
    That’s actually a good point. The harness does ride a bit low. My nitpick would be that he needs a little bit more of a neck. Not a whole lotta neck, just a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Shadow Weaver!

How cool. I don't really want to start collecting another line, but the release of Shadow Weaver does make grabbing a She-Ra and Hordak very tempting. I wonder what the likelihood is of seeing Catra, Glimmer and Bow? That would be a decent little PoP collection for me.
    I’d love a full wave of She-Ra characters in the vintage MOTU style. It would be neat to see:
    Adora
    Bow
    Catra
    Scorpia
    More likely we would see at least 2 of those replaced with Leech, Mantenna or Grizzlor.

And speaking of Grizzlor:

Attachment 119252Attachment 119253
    Kinda resembles Grizzlor now.

Quote Originally Posted by depp76 View Post
    So with all these new figures we have seen pictures of who exactly is IN wave 3? And what are those translucent figures?
    I'd say wave 3 is the packaged figures, the unpackaged is wave 4, translucent ones are convention exclusives. Especially the black orko reminds me of the sdcc black possessed skeletor

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    I'd say wave 3 is the packaged figures, the unpackaged is wave 4, translucent ones are convention exclusives. Especially the black orko reminds me of the sdcc black possessed skeletor
    Thanks for the reply Enoch! So in speculation:

Wave 3:
    Mer-Man
    Trap-Jaw
    Orko
    Prince Adam

Wave 4:
    Stratos
    Shadow Weaver
    Evil-lyn
    Buzz-off

That still leaves Evil Seed somewhere.

Exclusives:
    Black Orko
    Translucent Teela
    Translucent Man-at-Arms
    Translucent He-Man

???
    Last edited by depp76; January 31, 2019 at 08:29pm.