Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Super7 Wave Three 5.5” - Mer-Man, Orko, Trap Jaw & more - w/ Pixel Dan review

Heroic Warrior
    These look.....great, actually. Especially that Shadow Weaver.

I guess Stratos would be in a Wave 4, then?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Love that Mer-Man figure. I've been resisting picking up this line because there's only so much I can collect, but I'll have to get a Mer-Man

Maybe I'll pick up Shadow Weaver too - she'd look good on my vintage Horde shelf.
    Last edited by Lich Leech; January 30, 2019 at 05:16pm.

ReAction Master
    A little speculation:

Wave 1
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Hordak
    She-Ra

Wave 2
    Beast Man
    Man-At-Arms
    Teela
    Robot He-Man

Wave 3
    Mer-Man
    Trap Jaw
    Orko
    ?

Wave 4
    Stratos
    Evil-Lyn
    Buzz-Off
    Shadow Weaver

Each wave has a new figure not seen before in this style.

Conclusion: We have one more reveal for Toy Fair!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    A little speculation:

Wave 1
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Hordak
    She-Ra

Wave 2
    Beast Man
    Man-At-Arms
    Teela
    Robot He-Man

Wave 3
    Mer-Man
    Trap Jaw
    Orko
    ?

Wave 4
    Stratos
    Evil-Lyn
    Buzz-Off
    Shadow Weaver

Each wave has a new figure not seen before in this style.

Conclusion: We have one more reveal for Toy Fair!
    I was also guessing that the already-packaged pics were the next wave, and the unpackaged ones being the wave after that, which would mean there's still one left to reveal. It would be cool for it to be a first-time vintage figure, but I also would like Ram Man or Tri-Klops.
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Super 7 and the Four Horseman are knocking out of Eternia with these new figures!

Quote Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
    Super 7 and the Four Horseman are knocking out of Eternia with these new figures!

Please check out everything else they have as well. I think the next wave of MOTU Classics is about to expire on the 31st!

These look good but I'm surprised Evil Lyn is has yellow skin, they'll not able to say "As Seen on TV" now.
    Shadow Weaver is the stand out one for me, my only nit pick is doesn't look vintage enough, she's needs that flat "spell casting" left hand the other vintage females have.
    I don't quite get the Orko. He looks good, but too good and too modern, he's not vintage enough IMO and surely the vintage one was already "As Seen on TV"
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

ReAction Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    These look good but I'm surprised Evil Lyn is has yellow skin, they'll not able to say "As Seen on TV" now.
    Shadow Weaver is the stand out one for me, my only nit pick is doesn't look vintage enough, she's needs that flat "spell casting" left hand the other vintage females have.
    Hm. Her skin doesn’t look yellow to me?

Where is Stratos? I don't see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasastard View Post
    Hi,

so now that wave 1 is (mostly) released and, according to Bryan from S7, Wave 2 is in production - do we know or have any idea what's going on with wave 3? Will there be one? When should we expect an announcement? And what figures to expect? Questions!

My guess is that there will for sure be a wave 3, just based on the buzz wave 1 generated. Clearly, QC of the figures is not where it needs to be, but the fact alone that you can, once again, buy masters figures in a retail store is pretty amazing.

But yea, with wave 2 presumably releasing in March, it seems like information on wave 3 should come any day. Or will they stick with 2 waves and just keep making more?

If they make a wave 3, I am almost certain they will a) stick to established filmation characters and b) re-use as much of the molds a possible (am looking at you, robot he-man). So probably something like: Stratos, Mer-man, Tri-clops and Evil-lyn.
    This indeed big news from Super 7...
    Live it.

I might have to get an Orko or two. I wonder what all he comes with and how exactly he will move?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I might have to get an Orko or two. I wonder what all he comes with and how exactly he will move?
    Maybe just tiny wheels on the bottom (no zip cord effect, maybe?) that you can manually push him around on?
    I have to say I'd prefer a floating stand for this one, as that would be a true improvement over the '80s version! I used to hate that 1) he was so abnormally large compared to the scale he was shown in the cartoon, and 2) that he was always grounded.

Those figures look awesome...
    Thanks for the pictures.

I might get that Shadow Weaver. I hope the show more than just Filmation variants.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

I remain completely uninterested in even more Filmation variants, but I'll probably pick up a Shadow Weaver for my vintage Horde. Let's have more figures who were never made in the vintage style and fewer Filmation versions of figures that already exist, please.

Big wins here. I still want repos of the original Mattel figures.

I wonder if a castle Grayskull filmation version could be in the cards? Like what funko did with their batcave.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

I like Orko.

Heroic Warrior
    Last figure is evil seed. Pics are floating around.

Trap Jaw! Trap Jaw! Trap Jaw! They listened to me. Yup, they finally listened to me.

These look great. I am pumped to have 2 new Shadow Weavers!

ReAction Master
    Not to armchair quarterback here, but arenít we blowing through A-Listers pretty quick? I love Mer-Man and Trap Jaw, but thatís a lot of star power for one wave, donít you think? It would be disappointing if we ran out of steam because the deep cuts werenít strong enough to carry the line. Classics spread it out quite a bit, didnít they? Maybe Super7ís grabbing while the grabbingís good. Who knows? Maybe the Filmation segment is meant to be finite before they move on to something else ó an appetizer for something truly new.

The figures look great though. Luuuving Orko. I get a kick that his accessory is this:

Last edited by Shaun Flaherty; January 31, 2019 at 02:12am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Flaherty View Post
    Not to armchair quarterback here, but aren’t we blowing through A-Listers pretty quick? I love Mer-Man and Trap Jaw, but that’s a lot of star power for one wave, don’t you think? It would be disappointing if we ran out of steam because the deep cuts weren’t strong enough to carry the line. Classics spread it out quite a bit, didn’t they?]
    Good point. I am guessing they are seeing strong momentum with this line; maybe this is a way for them to get more people into collecting. You have to be a somewhat serious collector to stay on the ball with Classics or CG since the intervals between releases are (usually) fairly long. The Neo vintage line is perhaps a means for them to open up a new market; and you gotta work the iron while it's hot?

More stuff coming?

321011.jpg

321013.jpg

321014.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    I love these new reveals, there's also some others, got these pics from a YouTube video.
    Seems we're also getting a translucent Man-At-Arms, blue translucent Teela, a black Orko redeco, Prince Adam, and a Gold He-Man. They all look great, better start saving now!
    Screenshot_20190131-011012.pngScreenshot_20190131-011003.png

Hollywood Warrior InspectorZartan's Avatar
    These figures look great and I’ll be excited to add them to my collection. That said I’ve been hoping we’d see a higher percentage of characters we never had (like the He-Ro and Eldor figures) instead of it being mostly Filmation variants. That’s not to say I don’t want the Filmation variants that’s just to say I wish it was a bit less Filmation heavy in all these releases—I want them to mix in some other figures that never got a 5.5 release like prototype figures or characters like Lodar, Geldor, Masks of Power Demons, etc.
    TOP WANTS
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Malektha/Twiggets/RedKnight
    200X:Miro/Hawke/Illumina/BoneWarrior/ABCGiants
    NA:Nocturna/Sagitar/Kayo/Lizzor/Hoove/Vizar/
    Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    JETLAG:Sebrian/Andros/Drissi/Gleep/UR
    MISC:Delora/MOPDemons/LtAndre/EvilRobot/Damon
    BEASTS:Clawdeen/Storm/Bionotops/Mantisaur/
    TyrantisaurousRex/Moonbeam/Sundancer