Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season 2 is coming April 26th! Trailer has been posted

Court Magician
    I don't get the decision to split the seasons up into chunks.

With Voltron, it made sense because it cut down on the wait time between releases, but with She-Ra already having completed pretty much its entire 4-season run in terms of production (compared to Voltron, which only went into production once Netflix agreed to give them additional episodes), that isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post

With Voltron, it made sense because it cut down on the wait time between releases, but with She-Ra already having completed pretty much its entire 4-season run in terms of production (compared to Voltron, which only went into production once Netflix agreed to give them additional episodes), that isn't an issue.
    This seems to be Netflix's new way of doing things. They no longer seem to be doing seasons in the way traditional TV does. They were already going more with the cable model of having 13 episode seasons, but I've read that they really don't get much more bang for their buck having more than 10 episodes per release. They also seem no longer interested in having long-running shows that are on for many years. They're just after the next buzz show that can grab new subscribers, and apparently that only requires around 3 seasons and 30-ish episodes.

While initially Netflix seemed like the ideal place for shows with more limited appeal, they are also proving that they are not interested in having those shows on for very long, or for many episodes.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    This seems to be Netflix's new way of doing things. They no longer seem to be doing seasons in the way traditional TV does. They were already going more with the cable model of having 13 episode seasons, but I've read that they really don't get much more bang for their buck having more than 10 episodes per release. They also seem no longer interested in having long-running shows that are on for many years. They're just after the next buzz show that can grab new subscribers, and apparently that only requires around 3 seasons and 30-ish episodes.

While initially Netflix seemed like the ideal place for shows with more limited appeal, they are also proving that they are not interested in having those shows on for very long, or for many episodes.

I don't think this is a Netflix decision; I think it's a Dreamworks Animation/She-Ra creatives call, and it doesn't make sense to me.

I cant wait!!! Maybe they will do like season one and release it a week early!
    I do hope after the initial run of 52 episodes, they decide to extend it. But I know thats a long shot
    Awesome new Fantasy RPG 5E/D&D magazine coming and you can pre-order at the link below!
    https://broadsword.samcart.com/refer...6eQLqoCrE2Uoap

My feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=197226

Totally Dyslexic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    We will be seeing A LOT more Netossa in Season 2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtEbxbIHk5u/
    Hm...

The season 2 trailer didn´t show her or Spinnerella, Shadow Weaver or Angella at all. Not even Sea Hawk...

I expected to see Netossa and Spinnerella as part of the team now but the trailer showed us Mermista, Perfuma and the ice princess against Scorpia.

I was hoping for more....
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Lizorr *Zilora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Quartzara(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I've read the article that you probably got that information from, but I think Netflix's animation is a bit different. A majority of the DreamWorks cartoon shows are 52 episodes or more in length and are continuously produced until done. Animation is expensive and takes a long time to make, so it doesn't make much sense to produce just a handful. Some of the shows later get dumped on Universal Kids (Dragons, Puss in Boots, King Julian, etc.) and are shown 5 days or more a week. I'll be curious if shows like Voltron and She-Ra whose audiences are a bit older and are based on toyline properties rather than DreamWorks original movies will get shown later on there or will just be kept exclusively on Netflix. If we get another season shown 3 months after this 7 episode season then it is basically the same release schedule as dumping 13 at once. They will just be trying to make the audience hunger for more quicker rather than be content. If it is to spread out to over a longer period of months, then I think it is likely for the benefit of Mattel since their toys will come out at the earliest in this Fall and won't leave much time for multiple waves before Netflix is done showing new episodes. My guess as to how things will go is seasons of 13, 7, 6, 7, 6, and 13 episodes for 6 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post

This is what Noelle had to say on the topic at WonderCon. (See more video updates in the WonderCon thread)

5:50 - 6:44

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Yeah, the Netflix way is definitely different. But I'm sure they know their demographics and viewing habits, and cater to that on purpose. It's a new age of viewing, and we'll all have to adjust!

I think the trailer looks awesome! Doesn't reveal much, but I feel it definitely entices.
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2019!
    JVS3 = Val Staples = Power-Con, Event Director | He-Man.Org, Owner | Guy who has been fortunate to work on a LOT of MOTU & POP projects
    Please check out my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I've read the article that you probably got that information from, but I think Netflix's animation is a bit different. A majority of the DreamWorks cartoon shows are 52 episodes or more in length and are continuously produced until done. Animation is expensive and takes a long time to make, so it doesn't make much sense to produce just a handful. Some of the shows later get dumped on Universal Kids (Dragons, Puss in Boots, King Julian, etc.) and are shown 5 days or more a week. I'll be curious if shows like Voltron and She-Ra whose audiences are a bit older and are based on toyline properties rather than DreamWorks original movies will get shown later on there or will just be kept exclusively on Netflix. If we get another season shown 3 months after this 7 episode season then it is basically the same release schedule as dumping 13 at once. They will just be trying to make the audience hunger for more quicker rather than be content. If it is to spread out to over a longer period of months, then I think it is likely for the benefit of Mattel since their toys will come out at the earliest in this Fall and won't leave much time for multiple waves before Netflix is done showing new episodes. My guess as to how things will go is seasons of 13, 7, 6, 7, 6, and 13 episodes for 6 seasons.
    Yeah, in the context of animation, this probably doesn't apply as much. And when you look at animated shows, whether it's modern ones or back from the 80s, the episode orders are all over the place. MOTU, She-Ra, TMNT, Thundercats, etc, all had very large episode orders, and in most of those cases, were getting produced like it was a factory, and they had to do it really quickly.

I think the erratic release schedule is not good for these animated shows, though. The 2012 TMNT series, even though it lasted for 100 episodes, was hard to keep up on when new episodes were airing; what day, what time, and for how many weeks. If it's hard for adults to keep up on that info, I don't know how kids would find it out, unless they're watching the network all the time, and the network actually advertises the show.

With Netflix, it's even harder, because often they do no advertising for their shows, and they don't have commercials in the traditional sense, just sort of previews when their new stuff hits. I don't know how good it is to randomly release 7 episodes here and there. But I guess we will see.

CC: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) MoP Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Vizar, 17) Butthead, 18) Nocturna, 19) Melaktha, 20) Vy-Por
    CG: 1) Whiplash, 2) Ram Man, 3) Leech, 4) Kobra Khan, 5) Moss Man, 6) Bow, 7) Buzz Off, 8) Multi-Bot, 9) Entrapta, 10) Webstor

Court Magician
    Okay, the rationale is clearly the same as it was with Voltron; the problem here is that using that rationale with She-Ra is unnecessary.

If you have all of the episodes of the next season completed before the previous season gets released (which is the case here, I believe), you don't need to artificially split the previous season in half in order to lessen the wait time between seasons because you can just release your full seasons faster instead of having to wait for production to finish.

There could be other factors at play. I'm just speculating about intentions here, but breaking the episodes up to make more seasons creates additional opportunities to reset and eventize with a promotional campaign, which in turn usually equals more press, more opportunities to build-up social media, wiggle room to strategize with partners for maximum potential benefit etc. Moreover, if you're submitting a series for awards/nomination consideration, there are eligibility rules where the production has to have been released during a certain time period. So, if a series is extended to fall into an additional calendar year or years, then there are more opportunities to try to potentially capitalize on that publicity.

Master of New Adventures!
    Like they did with Into the Badlands.

Anyone else think Scorpia looks a bit less bulky in the trailer? Like they slimmed her down a bit.
    I am Imp's number one fan.

23 MORE DAYS UNTIL SEASON 2 HITS NETFLIX!

Lauren Ash (SCORPIA) just promoted She-Ra and the Princesses of Power on NBC's Today Show.

Check it out here: https://on.today.com/2CS2ivv

Start at the 2:40 mark.

"Actress Lauren Ash joins the 3rd hour of TODAY to talk about her hit NBC comedy, “Superstore,” which just got picked up for a fifth season. Plus, she dishes on her new Netflix series, “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power,” and starting a podcast."

nbctodayshowlaurenash.jpg

I'm starting to lose hope this show will feature the most known Horde members much, if at all.
    I have seen what others have not seen!

Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    I'm starting to lose hope this show will feature the most known Horde members much, if at all.
    If we have to be technical about it , the only bad guys missing are Leech and Mantenna .

I honestly won't cry if Mantenna never shows up .

Leech on the other hand needs some love and airtime .

I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere previously on this site so sorry if repeated, but here's an article from Den of Geek about Larry DiTillio and the respect Noelle Stevenson and the cast of the new She-Ra have for his work.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/anim...larry-ditillio

Very interesting titbit in there about a Filmation-style segment in the upcoming series 2...
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Quote Originally Posted by OwenMorton View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere previously on this site so sorry if repeated, but here's an article from Den of Geek about Larry DiTillio and the respect Noelle Stevenson and the cast of the new She-Ra have for his work.

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/anim...larry-ditillio

Very interesting titbit in there about a Filmation-style segment in the upcoming series 2...
    This article is based on interviews at WonderCon. If you're interested in watching, many of the videos are in the opening post of this thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?275221

Also posted the one with Noelle Stevenson and Aimee Carrero in the Larry DiTillio thread on the Vintage He-Man and She-Ra forum:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3831860
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 10, 2019 at 11:25am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This article is based on interviews at WonderCon. If you're interested in watching, many of the videos are in the opening post of this thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?275221

Also posted the one with Noelle Stevenson and Aimee Carrero in the Larry DiTillio thread on the Vintage He-Man and She-Ra forum:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3831860
    Ah I should have known you'd have captured this info somewhere! Still, interesting about the homage to Filmation they'll be doing. Looking forward to seeing that! (And the rest of the season as well, of course!)
    Check out my Masters of the Universe cartoon review site at https://hemanmotu.wordpress.com/!

Scorpia looks like a lobster
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCanyon View Post
    Scorpia looks like a lobster
    A Rock Lobster?
    I am Imp's number one fan.

Triforcefilms' cover of the She-Ra theme.

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
    Yeah, looks like they've narrowly focused on a few pre-existing characters, plus half a dozen others they made up themselves, and that's it. The season 2 trailer doesn't even feature a single character or anything that wasn't already featured in season 1; all that is shown there looks basically like it could have been in season 1—so disappointing. Seems like in this series they won't even begin to explore about two-thirds to three-quarters of the existing PoP/Horde/Etheria characters/races/creatures/locations, and even main characters/races like Kowl have been relegated to irrelevant Easter egg appearances.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

"Lauren Ash Talks ‘She-Ra’, A Musical Episode Of ‘Superstore’, & Dream Casting Mark Hamill As Her Father"

https://hollywoodlife.com/2019/04/15...-hamill-shera/

--------------------

Marcus Scribner talks a bit about Bow in this video. (Note: There's an adult-ish comment just before the time stamp below.)

2:32 - 3:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95u3PL7F1KY
    Last edited by Tallstar; April 15, 2019 at 04:06pm.

I can't wait to see Season 2 of the new She-Ra series next week.
    "Tell me I am beautiful - it means nothing to me. Tell me I am intellectual - well, I know it already. Tell me I am funny however, and that is the greatest compliment in the world that anyone can give me".

- Julie Newmar (The Catwoman)