Thread: I'm watching Classic She-Ra for first time in full !!

I'm watching Classic She-Ra for first time in full !!

I'm 37 episodes in, and loving it. I only ever watched secret of the sword, and maybe 1 or 2 episodes throughout the series. I specifically remember the episode: A Loss for words, which i watched way back in the 80's.

I always smile when Adam/He-man makes an appearance.
    But it's great to learn more about Etheria.

Favourite episodes so far are: Horde Prime takes a holiday and A talent for Trouble.
    Worst episode: Friends are where you find them.

Can't stand Loo-Kee. Can never understand what he/she is saying. I always skip Loo-Kee.

Despite Loo-Kee and the above mentioned episode, it's a wonderful series.
    Last edited by SecretoftheSword; February 7, 2019 at 03:13am.

Glad you're enjoying the original She-Ra. It was a great show then and quite fun to watch today.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Welcome to the obsession It's a great show with few real stinkers. You'll enjoy the ride!

Thank you all. With so much to watch nowadays, She-Ra is all i'm watching at the moment

Glad you like it. Couldn't get into it at first, but found it really forms a creatively rich whole with the He-man series. But it also adds a lot more. The world of Etheria seems more varied and detailed than Eternia, as the veteran animators threw in all they had learnt with the previous series. Never politically unified before the Invasion, Etheria is broken into nearly 20 kingdoms, including many nations/ species therein.
    How do you like that, hero!

Just finished She-Ra. All 93 episodes.

Loved it. There really are very few weak episodes.

Awesome companion to He-man.

I vaguely remember watching She-Ra as a kid but my wife and I starter watching through it back in... maybe 2009 or 2010? It's a great show. Really solid writing, beautiful animation, and just a lot of fun. My daughter is named Adora and thus I was really excited to introduce her to the show. She's five now and loves it, too. We watched through most of the newer one and while she did enjoy it she definitely prefers the original show (although her favorite overall seems to be the 200x MYP MOTU series for some reason).

Not every 80s cartoon holds up that well to sustained viewing but She-Ra absolutely does. The charm and quality are just incredible.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by SecretoftheSword View Post
    Favourite episodes so far are: Horde Prime takes a holiday and A talent for Trouble.
    Worst episode: Friends are where you find them.
    Agreed on all three. I just showed my kids A Talent for Trouble last night and they loved it. Makes me sad as this was one of Larry’s episodes.

Crossover episodes are so much fun. In a way they bridged the disappointment of never seeing The Horde as Mattel originally designed it, an enemy of He-Man. Larry DiTillio introduced the Horde brilliantly — a dedicated She-Ra villain, but with a deep connection to Eternia. Skeletor vs Hordak showdowns were always tons of fun too.

Hated Prince Joel and his robo friend with a passion. Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretoftheSword View Post
    Just finished She-Ra. All 93 episodes.

Loved it. There really are very few weak episodes.

Awesome companion to He-man.
    What did you think of season 2 overall?
    I think season 1 was very, very good, while season 2 was mostly very bad.
    It felt immediately when Larry DiTillio and J. Michael Straczynski left: the writing was all over the place. Also the amount of reused animation in season 2 is really depressing, even when there was new animation it often wasn't as beautifully drawn as in season 1.