Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Club Grayskull Wave 3 Shipping/Arrival Thread

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Super 7 used the wrong O-ring joint on the Sorceress. They didn't think to correct it because The Sorceress usually stays in those static poses. They reused the same arms for She-Ra and just didn't bother to change the O-joint.
    omg, i don't understand why they even have parts that small, no figure is that small. i'm really disappointed that they messed up she-ra. once again, female figures get the worst treatment.

anyway, i don't have complaints about the rest of them.

Slide20.JPG

Slide21.JPG

Slide22.JPG
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Court Magician
    got my She-Ra face painted, just even having a coat of flesh tone helps
    my usual repainter was unavailable so I took a chance on a friend who offered to do it and I love the results

Last edited by djmajin; March 11, 2019 at 09:27am.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    omg, i don't understand why they even have parts that small, no figure is that small. i'm really disappointed that they messed up she-ra. once again, female figures get the worst treatment.

anyway, i don't have complaints about the rest of them.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...1&d=1552274411
    Slide20.JPG
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...2&d=1552274424
    Slide21.JPG
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...3&d=1552274436
    Slide22.JPG
    Awesome customs! I am praying that Super 7 changes its mind with regard to New Adventures. I really want an official Spinwit!

I received my figures. For every one thing wrong with my figures, it seems there are 20 things right. So being that so much is good, I will discuss what I was disappointed in as its a much shorter list.

MANTENNA- AMAZING in every way. This is a WOW figure.

GRIZZLOR- Great! The only gripe in the paint scratched off the weapon as i gently slide it into his hand and his right ankle is floppy and he will barely stand up in any position other than the one he is currently in.

FISTO- Great figure! No issues. the eyes are good on mine.

SHE-RA . I wasnt buying that people said she didnt look AS bad in hand. They were right. Its not as bad as I was expecting, but her eyes are off. She just really doesn't look like She-ra either.

Ultimate He-man - I bought 3. 2 of my Faker heads are white from the tip of the nose and the white extends underneath the bangs of his hair. Its quite bad. Overall the rest of the figure isn't bad in itself. When compared side by side Mattels this one does have the "knock-off" look to it. I am just going to display this one and the Mattel figure far apart in my collection.

Ultimates Skeletor... These are all great. Problem was they are all packaged with heads bent down. For the MOC collector it sucks.

OVERALL..... my biggest 2 issues are She-ra's face and the way the figures are packaged. Arms turn backwards, heads pointed downward, etc...The use of better quality paints for weapons would be a big plus as well.
    MYP SKELETOR , Kay-la, ABC GIANTS, MYP Evil-lyn, MYP Sorceress, MYP Captain Miro, Queen Andreeno ,MYP King Randor, MYP or Dc Tri-Klops, MYP Squeeeze, General Rattlor, MYP Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by T-man View Post
    I received my figures. For every one thing wrong with my figures, it seems there are 20 things right. So being that so much is good, I will discuss what I was disappointed in as its a much shorter list.

MANTENNA- AMAZING in every way. This is a WOW figure.

GRIZZLOR- Great! The only gripe in the paint scratched off the weapon as i gently slide it into his hand and his right ankle is floppy and he will barely stand up in any position other than the one he is currently in.

FISTO- Great figure! No issues. the eyes are good on mine.

SHE-RA . I wasnt buying that people said she didnt look AS bad in hand. They were right. Its not as bad as I was expecting, but her eyes are off. She just really doesn't look like She-ra either.

Ultimate He-man - I bought 3. 2 of my Faker heads are white from the tip of the nose and the white extends underneath the bangs of his hair. Its quite bad. Overall the rest of the figure isn't bad in itself. When compared side by side Mattels this one does have the "knock-off" look to it. I am just going to display this one and the Mattel figure far apart in my collection.

Ultimates Skeletor... These are all great. Problem was they are all packaged with heads bent down. For the MOC collector it sucks.

OVERALL..... my biggest 2 issues are She-ra's face and the way the figures are packaged. Arms turn backwards, heads pointed downward, etc...The use of better quality paints for weapons would be a big plus as well.
    You can tighten the ankle joint in Grizzlors boots with small round clear elastic hair bands they are sold in packages for cheap on ebay.

You just need to loop it around the the joint multiple times and then rotate the ankle joint so the band tucks in and is hidden.
    Usually one elastic band works fine and the joint is no longer loose but still flexible.

Last edited by mjw41; March 11, 2019 at 04:42pm.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Quote Originally Posted by Triklops 1 View Post
    I Think we all need to stop being critic towards Mattel or Super7, silly catchphrases such as "go back using Mattel factories" , "let's just hope Snake Mountain is produced in a Mattel factory to avoid quality issues".
    The golden age of MOTUC produced some of the best action figures in the entire MOTU franchise of ALL time, with 200x a second only because not going full and completing factions
    We should all be upset with Chinese factories foremost, these are MADE IN CHINA products and lately prices out there to get these figures done gone crazy because of many issues, the real enemy is there

MOTUC never meant to be a mass retail line sold in stores and will never be ("maybe in a movie year?" lmao), there's always been few investements in these figures being done, just my humble opinion.
    With S7 we have just arrived to a point predicted by TG, basically MOTUC will live on if there always be people interested in them by expecting prices going up on a yearly basis. Now its 35$, in a two years could be up to 45$!

I get the point of selling them as "deluxe figures", fact is they're not. Bandai figuarts or Revoltech figures are deluxe and I'm more than happy to pay 60$ for them.
    The last two years of MOTUC's offering have been different, in term of quality product, the packaging is great but resources to make 7'' action figures on niche retro lines are not so many and it is evident. MOTUC are not a fair competitor with other japanese toys and should cost much less. My only hope is seeing some bootleg/ ko's especially for CG figures because prices for them are too much expensive and I'll be forever upset with 1 copy to get MOC and I'll never get the chance to have another as loose.

I think Mattel or Super7 are not against any fan suggestion, they want the figures WE WANT to be done.
    Said that,Matty should have finished up NA with a SDCC exclsuive multipack and we would not be here desperate to know if we'll ever get master sebrian, hooke or nocturna to name a few.
    I like your take on this, if is congruent with my own. Even after all these years some people are under the same persistent illusion. I don't know if we are the majority but many of us understand the situation and have for many years.

Master of Disasters MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Mine arrived the other day and I’m happy with all of them. My She-Ra looks really good. I really like Fisto and Grizzlor as well. But I think Mantenna wins this wave. Amazing!!!
    MOST WANTED: Filmation Whiplash, Filmation Ram Man, Filmation Two-Bad, Filmation Buzz-Off, Filmation Sy-Klone, Ice Armor He-Man

Mantenna - Great figure. Paint looks great and head was easy to swap. Did not try to swap hand but from what I have seen on the internet it looks ok. Wish his weapon was cast in the color of plastic rather than painted.

Grizzlor - Another great figure. One of my 2 had a slight smudge on the Horde logo on his chest but not too bad. With the rod weapon was cast in the color of plastic.

Fisto - Another good one. Little sloppy on the paint for the lines on him but it was pretty consistently sloppy on both figures and not bad enough to ask for a replacement. Again wish they would have casted sword in that color of plastic.

She-ra - I think the paint job is fine. Yeah eyes are a bit off or wide apart but still ok. The biggest problem is the lack of articulation in the legs (no swivel) and the inability to put her arms down? Who at Super7 dropped the ball on that? Worst figure of this wave by far. It's probably my fault I bought 3 of them same thing happened with the Sorceress last wave. Bad news for everyone I bought 3 Shadow Weavers so I'm sorry that figure is doomed. The best part of this She-ra figure is they finally got the female height right (Granita was pretty good in the CC wave).

Ultimate He-man - Got 2 of these and didn't open either. One is a gift the other will be kept MOC.

Ultimates Skeletor - Got 2 of these and didn't open either. One is a gift the other will be kept MOC.

UPDATE - Just noticed all the super7 ladies don't have the swivel in the legs anymore.... Shenanigans, get your brooms!
    Last edited by Lipster; March 11, 2019 at 10:48pm.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Come on BBTS. I needs my figures Hoping i get a non-derp She-ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    Wow since its been in a box I forgot just how bad that Hawke neck really is..... but yea those armpits
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by djmajin View Post
    got my She-Ra face painted, just even having a coat of flesh tone helps
    my usual repainter was unavailable so I took a chance on a friend who offered to do it and I love the results

https://i.imgur.com/5EtjVdn.jpg
    I repaint the female faces as well and it does make a huge difference. One of the biggest problems is they paint the eyes too far apart and the iris too big. It make a dramatic difference when it's fixed.

I just opened my set and I’m very happy with them! S7 improves these with every wave and they’ve come a long way from their first MOTUC offerings. One big improvement is the double barbell neck joint on Fisto. You can remove the head and the barbell comes out at the neck. A huge improvement over the weak ring/post design that they had before.
    Snake Mountain, FINALLY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Got mine. Love them. Might be my favorite wave. No paint problems. All correct parts. No derp eyes

I’m ready for wave 4. Hopefully they’ll be along here shortly and I’m excited for wave 5 reveal Love how my cartoon collection is growing

please release accurate Filmation of-- , ram man, Leech, whiplash, entrapta , adora, moss man, buzz off, bow, frosta, catra, , webstor, count marzo, icer , mekaneck,Mermista, glimmer, Angela and perfuma.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUmaster View Post
    Come on BBTS. I needs my figures Hoping i get a non-derp She-ra.
    Received this today from BBTS:

Thank you for pre-ordering Masters of the Universe Classics Club Grayskull Wave 3 Set of 4 Figures (Standard Grade) from BigBadToyStore!

We are expecting this item to arrive within the next 10 business days (barring any unforeseen complications or shipping delays) and will begin processing pre-orders as soon as the shipment reaches our warehouse.

Serving the Universe DennyCrane's Avatar
    Looking great! We should have ours by the end of the week.
    Shop DC Collectibles for Pop Culture Entertainment -
    Hot Toys, Action Figures, Game & Hobby, Comic Book, Retro / Vintage & More!
    http://DCCollect.com • #24Tuesday • Free Shipping • More!

Get Social for the latest news and reviews, product updates and sale announcements:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Pinterest

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone have or seen a comparison shot of Classics and Club Grayskull She-Ra?

Quote Originally Posted by ero View Post
    Anyone have or seen a comparison shot of Classics and Club Grayskull She-Ra?
    There are pictures near the beginning of this thread
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor, Blue Faker ( From JE The Return Of Faker)

Mine arrived!!

All in all, I got three She-Ra figures. The one I opened is great. Obviously the eyes are stamped incorrectly, but this one magically had them stamped lower than most, which put them on the sculpted sockets.

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

Facetune_12-03-2019-21-16-35.jpg

Grizzlor, Mantenna, and Fisto are perfect! I love this wave.

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0774.jpg

I still think She-Ra needs to be redone by the factory. At the very least, a fixed Ultimate She-Ra, with the correct o-rings for the arm/shoulder joint, better face, and maybe even more transformed Sword accessories (sword to staff (pole), Sword to rope, sword to blanket ( that WAS a form from one episode).
    Last edited by bcrduke; March 13, 2019 at 03:44pm.
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra doll, Slamurai, Concept Snake Troopers, Slime Pit He-Man

Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Toy costume Catra, Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, 200X Sorceress, King Miro. Filmation: Adora, Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form, Mermista, Moss Man, Kobra Khan, Whiplash, Multi-Bot

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mine arrived!!

All in all, I got three She-Ra figures. The one I opened is great. Obviously the eyes are stamped incorrectly, but this one magically had them stamped lower than most, which put them on the sculpted sockets.

Grizzlor, Mantenna, and Fisto are perfect! I love this wave. I still think She-Ra needs to be redone by the factory. At the very least, a fixed Ultimate She-Ra, with the correct o-rings for the arm/shoulder joint, better face, and maybe even more transformed Sword accessories (sword to staff (pole), Sword to rope, sword to blanket ( that WAS a form from one episode).
    Congrats! Mine should be here by Friday. I can’t wait. Lots of great reviews coming in lately and IG has many posts of good looking She-Ra’s!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    There are pictures near the beginning of this thread
    Classics and CG versions side by side? I’m not seeing any. Am I just missing them?

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Mine arrived!!

IMG_0774.jpg

I still think She-Ra needs to be redone by the factory. At the very least, a fixed Ultimate She-Ra, with the correct o-rings for the arm/shoulder joint, better face, and maybe even more transformed Sword accessories (sword to staff (pole), Sword to rope, sword to blanket ( that WAS a form from one episode).
    Thanks for posting these! So happy you got a great looking She-Ra. She looks like She-Ra (finally one!). Your Fisto is flawless too, great eyes and not too shiny. You lucked out! Congratulations!

Still I wanted to see if anyone got a she-ra with a sunburnt bossom ( excessive factory spray ) . It's hard to tell with the lighting in pictures. Either way I may try to correct mine with isopropyl

Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    Still I wanted to see if anyone got a she-ra with a sunburnt bossom ( excessive factory spray ) . It's hard to tell with the lighting in pictures. Either way I may try to correct mine with isopropyl
    Mine had no sunburn.
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

I got my notice that BBTS would begin processing my orders as well! That's pretty exciting!

Hopefully my figures end up OK....

Does anyone have comparison pics between this She-Ra and the Netflix She-Ra figure? Just curious how they scale.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post

Does anyone have comparison pics between this She-Ra and the Netflix She-Ra figure? Just curious how they scale.
    I haven't seen a single in-hand photo of the Netflix series figures yet. It's like they're imaginary or something... LOL!